Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

True Game Changer.....2019 Aldila Rogue 130 Line Up. Trackman Data and Analysis

Comments

• golfinguru11golfinguru11 Nor Cal 317Members Posts: 317

@Dcoop86 said:

@Flashwurks said:

@Dcoop86 said:
    I just purchased a White 60tx tipped 2.25” from Toll (actually I bought a Silver as well). The White May be the best shaft I’ve ever had in a driver and that includes the Synergy 60 and 70tx from Toll as well as the Pro Orange 60tx. This thing is incredible. I’ve hit some of the longest balls I’ve ever hit on course and misses are staying on the course. It’s awesome. I may have to buy a backup at some point.

Can I ask how you ended up tipping 2.25"? That sounds like a lot for a shaft that stiff, but I think knowing why would give me insight into what I should do. Thank you.

My club speed typically hovers at 130mph on trackman and recently was fit at TXG with speeds averaging around 137mph (on their GCQuad) with a high of 144mph when they asked me to really go after one. The speed along with the head weight around 210g lead to the tipping decision. The Silver was tipped 1.75” if I remember correctly.

This would be in line with the best long drivers in the world, who use 48 inch shafts specially made to hit it hard. Highly doubt you are swinging 144mph club head speed with a 45 inch driver, with all due respect.

Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5* - Aldila 130msi Rogue Black 60 tx 
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* - Accra TZ6 75 x
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* - VA Raijin 84 x
    Mizuno MP-54 (4,5) MP-20 (6-PW) - Nippon Modus 125 s
    Vokey SM7 RAW 52F 56S 60D - Nippon Modus 125 wedge
    Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball 

Lefty, Lead tape enthusiast
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJ 8083Members Posts: 8,083

@golfinguru11 said:

@Dcoop86 said:

@Flashwurks said:

@Dcoop86 said:
    I just purchased a White 60tx tipped 2.25” from Toll (actually I bought a Silver as well). The White May be the best shaft I’ve ever had in a driver and that includes the Synergy 60 and 70tx from Toll as well as the Pro Orange 60tx. This thing is incredible. I’ve hit some of the longest balls I’ve ever hit on course and misses are staying on the course. It’s awesome. I may have to buy a backup at some point.

Can I ask how you ended up tipping 2.25"? That sounds like a lot for a shaft that stiff, but I think knowing why would give me insight into what I should do. Thank you.

My club speed typically hovers at 130mph on trackman and recently was fit at TXG with speeds averaging around 137mph (on their GCQuad) with a high of 144mph when they asked me to really go after one. The speed along with the head weight around 210g lead to the tipping decision. The Silver was tipped 1.75” if I remember correctly.

This would be in line with the best long drivers in the world, who use 48 inch shafts specially made to hit it hard. Highly doubt you are swinging 144mph club head speed with a 45 inch driver, with all due respect.

He is.

Posted:

Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set D/S) / Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 6X tipped 1.50"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic CF17 3i / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX
    Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X
    MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now)
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

• Dcoop86Dcoop86  167Members Posts: 167

@golfinguru11 said:

@Dcoop86 said:

@Flashwurks said:

@Dcoop86 said:

I can’t figure a reason to lie? I don’t think I win anything for swinging faster than most?

Posted:
  • shellbmbshellbmb  289Members Posts: 289

How many member/guest requests do you get a year?? lol!!

Posted:
    Epic Flash SZ DDD Aldila 130 Sliver 60TX
    Taylormade M2 15 Kuro Kage DC XM 70 TX
    Titeist 818h2 19 Atmos Blue
    Srixon z785 KBS Tour V
    Ping Glide Stealth 54/60
    TM Spider Sightline Face Balanced
  • Buckets2Buckets2  2473Members Posts: 2,473

Who is that Matt Blois chump

Posted:

@Dcoop86 said:

@golfinguru11 said:

@Dcoop86 said:

@Flashwurks said:

@Dcoop86 said:

I can’t figure a reason to lie? I don’t think I win anything for swinging faster than most?

This is honestly incredible. Do you compete in long drive comps?

Posted:
    Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball 

Advertisement
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range  4858Sponsors Posts: 4,858

@golfinguru11 said:

@Dcoop86 said:

@Flashwurks said:

@Dcoop86 said:

He does. Ive seen the data right from txg. Dude is a legit 375 carry driver of the golf ball. Believe it or not I've fit at least 20 guys over 125 swing speed in the last year or so. 130 these days is not that uncommon. It says a lot about Rogue White 130 as well.

Posted:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

@shellbmb said:

I have at least one this year... but I get a lot of scramble calls

Posted:

@golfinguru11 said:

@Dcoop86 said:

@golfinguru11 said:

@Dcoop86 said:

@Flashwurks said:

@Dcoop86 said:

No honestly I’ve never swung anything over 45.75” to be honest. The club data above is with a 45” EOG club. I’ve been tempted to try but I honestly enjoy tournament golf too much to give up a “good swing” for long drive. Im not great but love playing when I can.

Posted:

@Dcoop86 said:

@golfinguru11 said:

@Dcoop86 said:

@golfinguru11 said:

@Dcoop86 said:

@Flashwurks said:

@Dcoop86 said:

No honestly I’ve never swung anything over 45.75” to be honest. The club data above is with a 45” EOG club. I’ve been tempted to try but I honestly enjoy tournament golf too much to give up a “good swing” for long drive. Im not great but love playing when I can.

If you’re swinging over 140 with a 45 inch driver you literally have a decent shot to be the world long drive champ. I’d at least give it a shot. If you’re a +1 I’d reckon you’re too good for it to ruin your game anyways.

Posted:
    Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball 

• bfizzybfizzy San Diego 236Members Posts: 236

@Dcoop86 said:

@shellbmb said:

Yasss, partner. But I can confirm he can smoke the ball, it's quite amazing to see in person because it isn't an uber aggressive looking swing. Can't wait to see what he can do with the Aldila Rogue.

Posted:
    TM M5 9.0* - Tensei Pro White 70tx
    TM M5 15* - Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70tx
    Titleist 816 H2 19* - Tensei Pro White 90tx
     TM P790 UDI 17* - Tensei Pro White 100 TX
    TM P790 3 Iron - KBS $-Taper X
    Miura MC 501 4-PW - KBS $-Taper X
    Taylormade MG2 51* / 55* DG TI S400
    Taylormade Hi Toe 60* Fujikura MCI Wedge Graphite 
    Putter: Tyson Lamb Allendale / Kronos Golf Prototype / Spider X 

Advertisement

@bfizzy said:

@Dcoop86 said:

@shellbmb said:

Yasss, partner

Gonna let it fly!

Posted:
  • MakersMarsh3MakersMarsh3  1412Members Posts: 1,412

Any direct comparisons on the new Black 130 vs the old Black 95/110??

Posted:
    lead tape & Taylormade TP5X's

@MakersMarsh3 said:
    Any direct comparisons on the new Black 130 vs the old Black 95/110??

New black is not as high launch or high spin. However it still maintains the very smooth feeling in the load.

Posted:

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • KwheatKwheat  14Members Posts: 14

Anyone have any idea if we will ever get the white in stiff flex or is it gonna be tour only?

Posted:

@Kwheat said:
    Anyone have any idea if we will ever get the white in stiff flex or is it gonna be tour only?

Possibly sometime next year.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Kale_mKale_m  2080Members Posts: 2,080

Interested in trying this out. Sounds like I would like it. Playing the Fuji pro 2.0 TS 6x right now in my g410 plus. Swing at 122mph. Had the PO70tx for a bit. It was ok for me but moved on.

The slight Cb of the white and the lower launch and spin have me Curious

Posted:
    Ping g410 plus 8* 1 flat Fuji pro 2.0 Ts 6x
    Ping g410 2hy at 16*
    Ping g410 3hy at 20.5 
    Callaway Apex MB Raw TIX100
    Callaway md4 52/56
    Tm hi toe 60
    Tm spider x 34” navy with true path alignment
  • mizuno playermizuno player Mizuno player  1493Members Posts: 1,493

I just ordered the Rogue white last night per my conversation with Toll. Can't wait to hit it.

Posted:
  • KwheatKwheat  14Members Posts: 14

@TollBros said:

@Kwheat said:

Thanks @TollBros trying to decide on a Copper, PO or White, but the 300 buck difference is rough to swallow lol. I should just get some freaking videos recorded and get fitted from you lol

Posted:

@Kwheat said:

@TollBros said:

@Kwheat said:

Thanks @TollBros trying to decide on a Copper, PO or White, but the 300 buck difference is rough to swallow lol. I should just get some freaking videos recorded and get fitted from you lol

That would be great. The Copper is much different than the other two. Noticably softer and higher launch and spin. It's a great shaft, but not in the same spin or stability category as the other two.

Posted:

@Kale_m said:
    Interested in trying this out. Sounds like I would like it. Playing the Fuji pro 2.0 TS 6x right now in my g410 plus. Swing at 122mph. Had the PO70tx for a bit. It was ok for me but moved on.

If the tipping is right, I haven't found anything that spins less for me. I've used it all year and continue to do so.

Posted:

Advertisement

@TollBros said:

@Kale_m said:

If the tipping is right, I haven't found anything that spins less for me. I've used it all year and continue to do so.

I can second this. I had the PO 60tx and now the White 60tx. I feel like it’s a bit “tighter” in few and the spin dropped about 300rpm on average for me. Definitely happy I pulled the trigger... for whatever that helps.

Posted:

@Dcoop86 said:

@TollBros said:

@Kale_m said:

I can second this. I had the PO 60tx and now the White 60tx. I feel like it’s a bit “tighter” in few and the spin dropped about 300rpm on average for me. Definitely happy I pulled the trigger... for whatever that helps.

I don't think we've really had anyone who was unhappy with this shaft, so long as we fit them into it. It's a very linear feeling shaft, stout yet smooth and incredibly low spin.

Posted:

• MakersMarsh3MakersMarsh3  1412Members Posts: 1,412

Any updated thoughts coming? @TollBros

Posted:
    lead tape & Taylormade TP5X's

@MakersMarsh3 said:

I'm still playing it in driver and 3 wood and haven't seen any reason to switch to anything else in my playing set at this point. I'm not a big switcher of my personal equipment though. I like to stick with what works and what I can count on. I do have some thoughts on something new coming tomorrow though.

Posted:

• Trying4BetterTrying4Better  157Members Posts: 157

@TollBros said:

@MakersMarsh3 said:

I'm still playing it in driver and 3 wood and haven't seen any reason to switch to anything else in my playing set at this point. I'm not a big switcher of my personal equipment though. I like to stick with what works and what I can count on. I do have some thoughts on something new coming tomorrow though.

Hey are we going to get any info on the Proto RIP?

Posted:

Advertisement

Just received my 130 White. Just the wiggle test. Holy One piece feel. Hope to hit it today at the range. If so I'll report back. Looks good too for what that's worth.

Posted:

Had a chance to hit the Rogue White 130 today. It's in a 2016 M2 9.5

It is as Toll has said. Smooth. Holy cow. For as stiff as it is you don't have to swing out of your shoes to make this shaft work either.

Very much a one piece feel. If you're looking for something that has a hinge feel. This isn't the shaft.

No data to prove anything in terms of spin etc...
    It was a steady 10-12 mph wind. The wind does not move the ball much at all. It must be as Toll has said Very low spin. Also not hard to hit relatively high either. Just move it up a little. Launches easy.

I have not hit a ton of different shafts. Well, maybe I have.!!

Matrix red tie, Chrome Elements, Cooperhead and synergy black. The majority of the last 5 years has been Red Tied and Chrome. Did not have the others long at all.

Definitely less spin and launch than Matrix and Chrome. I would say 5-700 less spin.

Copperhead did not work for me at all. Counter balance and too soft. Hook machine for me.

Synergy Black launched a little higher than I wanted. Felt a little soft for me. Hard to explain that. Just not right.

Not sure I will get on the course with it this year. If I do it will next. If not next year. So, I can't give any on course results for me. I could hot draws with it. It's not my go to. I play straight to fade shots. Fades with this go long. Usually a fade will add spin and take distance. I didn't notice that at all.

If you are looking for a low spin one piece pice feeling shaft. I would recommend this one. Yes it's pricey but so far I see real improvement from what I had.

Posted:

@mizuno player said:
    Had a chance to hit the Rogue White 130 today. It's in a 2016 M2 9.5

It is as Toll has said. Smooth. Holy cow. For as stiff as it is you don't have to swing out of your shoes to make this shaft work either.

Very much a one piece feel. If you're looking for something that has a hinge feel. This isn't the shaft.

No data to prove anything in terms of spin etc...
    It was a steady 10-12 mph wind. The wind does not move the ball much at all. It must be as Toll has said Very low spin. Also not hard to hit relatively high either. Just move it up a little. Launches easy.

I have not hit a ton of different shafts. Well, maybe I have.!!

Matrix red tie, Chrome Elements, Cooperhead and synergy black. The majority of the last 5 years has been Red Tied and Chrome. Did not have the others long at all.

Definitely less spin and launch than Matrix and Chrome. I would say 5-700 less spin.

Copperhead did not work for me at all. Counter balance and too soft. Hook machine for me.

Synergy Black launched a little higher than I wanted. Felt a little soft for me. Hard to explain that. Just not right.

Not sure I will get on the course with it this year. If I do it will next. If not next year. So, I can't give any on course results for me. I could hot draws with it. It's not my go to. I play straight to fade shots. Fades with this go long. Usually a fade will add spin and take distance. I didn't notice that at all.

If you are looking for a low spin one piece pice feeling shaft. I would recommend this one. Yes it's pricey but so far I see real improvement from what I had.

Thank you for the feedback. I love hitting that low spin 5 yard cut that just runs when it hits. Such a great product and so linear in terms of feel. It's always right there with no guessing how it's going to unload at the ball. So stable, so solid, but still smooth. I love it.

Posted:

Advertisement

@Trying4Better said:

@TollBros said:

@MakersMarsh3 said:

Hey are we going to get any info on the Proto RIP?

Just put up photos today. Info and data coming shortly after.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file