2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Nike VRS Covert Forged Iron Love thread... Wowzie! Comparison Pics added...

easyyy

Ordered some on the 4/25 with upgraded shafts and had no problem..... but now no idea if they will ever come... If they are out of heads or running out the bet the head weights are going to be all over the place. Hope the swing weights come out ok.... talk about Nike taking a step forward in golf only to take two back

[quote name='kingbing' timestamp='1399562953' post='9256889']
This has again been confirmed by nike golf. They would not disclose the problem or reason. They would only say they are no longer available for custom order.
[/quote]

+1 Nike just says they are no longer avaliable for custom order. Only available in standard length in the Nippon 950 in stiff and regular flex shaft. That is straight from Nike, The reasoning is a mystey. :pimp:

[quote name='kenwiggins11' timestamp='1399565954' post='9257265']
[quote name='kingbing' timestamp='1399562953' post='9256889']
This has again been confirmed by nike golf. They would not disclose the problem or reason. They would only say they are no longer available for custom order.
[/quote]

+1 Nike just says they are no longer avaliable for custom order. Only available in standard length in the Nippon 950 in stiff and regular flex shaft. That is straight from Nike, The reasoning is a mystey. :pimp:
[/quote]

Unfortunately, Nike does not have any stock left for custom orders. That is from Nike. I was gettting ready to drop order this week. Not sure what direction to go. I have Titlest Ap2 710's now. Maybe 714's? Liked the forgiveness, feel, and distance of the VRS Covert Forged 2.0 irons.

[quote name='Mizgoodie' timestamp='1399564513' post='9257087']
Ordered some on the 4/25 with upgraded shafts and had no problem..... but now no idea if they will ever come... If they are out of heads or running out the bet the head weights are going to be all over the place. Hope the swing weights come out ok.... talk about Nike taking a step forward in golf only to take two back
[/quote]How about ordering custom specs only to have the shafts come back to me too short... "nothing they can do" for me. Effing Rediculous. I'm beyond pissed off.

Changing...

[quote name='runpuddrun' timestamp='1399568814' post='9257609']
[/quote]How about ordering custom specs only to have the shafts come back to me too short... "nothing they can do" for me. Effing Rediculous. I'm beyond pissed off.
[/quote]

I'm confused.

On what basis is Nike refusing to fix the length? Is it the retailer refusing to get involved?

Usually Nike will go above and beyond

[quote name='scottvw13' timestamp='1399578095' post='9258675']
[/quote]

I'm confused.

On what basis is Nike refusing to fix the length? Is it the retailer refusing to get involved?

[/quote]

I have to agree with scottvw. My experience with Nike Customer Support has been outstanding. If the retailer will not help you, you should call Nike directly. I cannot imagine they would not make it right.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

My custom order was cancelled. Period. Not backordered, not delayed. No indication of why. I spent about 5 hours or more on launch monitors trying different shafts, heads and all, placed and paid for the order, and now it is "sorry". This would have been the first set of Nike's I had ever owned. Would have been.

Callaway XR16 Fuji 60
TM M2 3 wood
King Cobra F6 5 wood
Titleist 816 H1 21 hybrid
Wilson Staff V6 Forged 5-GW
Mizuno T7 56
Evnroll ER1

Just got off the phone with custom. The set for my customer was ordered just in time and was one of the last sets shipped.

Custom is out if heads. The only thing left, and it is very limited, is stock stiff. If you want stock stiff shafts, they will take these from standard stock and bend them or make length changes. Nothing else.

All I was able to get.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

Seriously weird, don't know how you can run out of product especially if a new release?

Maybe they ran out of heads, who knows they wont say anything.

Sucks for rfarrell51 and others who wanted a set, as do I, in the near future.

They are supposed to have new blades in the Fall, but I don't see how that affects the production of the 2.0 forged.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

[/quote]

I'm confused.

[/quote]Well, nike didn't go above and beyond. I played them for 9 holes and they felt strange to me, so when I got home I measured them all and even compared to my other sets. They all were short by varying lengths, some by almost a 1/2".

I ordered through DD and they got nike to send me a return label to inspect them, so I did. They came back saying that all lengths were within tolerances. I was unaware that there were tolerances when it comes to length. Keep in mind that I was Uber pumped to play these this year. So I finally get them back today after almost 3 weeks (2 weeks and 5 days) only 2 States away, box is ripped to shreds, wide open. Great.

I call nike yesterday and explain myself and they said there is nothing that can be done. If they inspected them, then there is nothing they can do. And even if they could, they aren't allowing any more custom orders. Also keep in mind that I'm not an idiot, I have quite a bit of club building knowledge, have a Wishon account, and have the proper tools to measure and build clubs.

Needless to say, I'm disappointed and just lost as to why this happened.

Changing...

[quote name='runpuddrun' timestamp='1399591848' post='9259997']
[/quote]

I'm confused.

[/quote]Well, nike didn't go above and beyond. I played them for 9 holes and they felt strange to me, so when I got home I measured them all and even compared to my other sets. They all were short by varying lengths, some by almost a 1/2".

I ordered through DD and they got nike to send me a return label to inspect them, so I did. They came back saying that all lengths were within tolerances. I was unaware that there were tolerances when it comes to length. Keep in mind that I was Uber pumped to play these this year. So I finally get them back today after almost 3 weeks (2 weeks and 5 days) only 2 States away, box is ripped to shreds, wide open. Great.

I call nike yesterday and explain myself and they said there is nothing that can be done. If they inspected them, then there is nothing they can do. And even if they could, they aren't allowing any more custom orders. Also keep in mind that I'm not an idiot, I have quite a bit of club building knowledge, have a Wishon account, and have the proper tools to measure and build clubs.

[/quote]

I would write a nice, respectful letter to Cindy Davis, President of Nike Golf. Explain the problem with your custom order and that what the response you received so far was not what you expected and not acceptable. Just ask to get what you ordered and nothing above that. From my experience when I had to go to that level, it will get in the hands of a person that can make things right. Many times they will go above what you want because of what you went through, but let them offer it and do not expect it.

Callaway Chrome Soft

[quote name='TM_HOYER' timestamp='1399592955' post='9260087']
[quote name='runpuddrun' timestamp='1399591848' post='9259997']
[/quote]

I'm confused.

[/quote]

I would write a nice, respectful letter to Cindy Davis, President of Nike Golf. Explain the problem with your custom order and that what the response you received so far was not what you expected and not acceptable. Just ask to get what you ordered and nothing above that. From my experience when I had to go to that level, it will get in the hands of a person that can make things right. Many times they will go above what you want because of what you went through, but let them offer it and do not expect it.
[/quote]that's all I want. What I ordered.

Changing...

Called Nike and pretended to order a set of VRS forged 2.0 with custom specs.

They said they got could get only stock STIFF Nippon shaft, 1/2 over or under length and can bend a couple degrees flat or upright.

Can't order them with custom shafts, no idea about the grips.

No good explanation or why, all bad.

[quote name='CEPick' timestamp='1399606446' post='9261367']
Well damn. No TI X100's for a while?
[/quote]

That is if you want it in the covert forged 2.0. Only stock stiff Nippon shaft.

But all the other irons they have available now can be custom ordered.

Just got back from Golfsmith and after another couple of hours hitting different heads and shafts, I ordered the Callaway Apex irons with the DG Pros, S300, 1 up, no grips. I guess I'll change threads. I see easyyyy has his Apex thread well under way.

So I had to be the bearer of the beginning of the bad news, but I was really disappointed in Nike. When the rep came up to me today he asked if he wanted to call Nike to see if they could do anything. I told him "Don't bother, I'm done with Nike! Never liked the 'Red" anyway. (I'll keep my putter though).

Callaway XR16 Fuji 60
TM M2 3 wood
King Cobra F6 5 wood
Titleist 816 H1 21 hybrid
Wilson Staff V6 Forged 5-GW
Mizuno T7 56
Evnroll ER1

[quote name='rfarrell51' timestamp='1399610885' post='9261589']
Just got back from Golfsmith and after another couple of hours hitting different heads and shafts, I ordered the Callaway Apex irons with the DG Pros, S300, 1 up, no grips. I guess I'll change threads. I see easyyyy has his Apex thread well under way.

So I had to be the bearer of the beginning of the bad news, but I was really disappointed in Nike. When the rep came up to me today he asked if he wanted to call Nike to see if they could do anything. I told him "Don't bother, I'm done with Nike! Never liked the 'Red" anyway. (I'll keep my putter though).
[/quote]too bad, becuase they're awesome sticks. I still plan on playing mine, they're all short by .25" and one by .4". The Apexs' are good as well, can't really go wrong.

Changing...

Pretty disappointed... literally just placed a custom order online 2 nights ago, then got a call back yesterday saying it cannot be fulfilled.

Called Nike to try and get an explanation, and they were not able to provide any reason. They were expecting a "statement" to be issued within a week? Sounds like there's some issue... not sure if it's supplier relationship or quality control issues.

Don't know if I should go ahead and order the standard set, or wait to see if custom option comes back.

[quote name='quinathan' timestamp='1399658499' post='9264325']
Pretty disappointed... literally just placed a custom order online 2 nights ago, then got a call back yesterday saying it cannot be fulfilled.

Called Nike to try and get an explanation, and they were not able to provide any reason. They were expecting a "statement" to be issued within a week? Sounds like there's some issue... not sure if it's supplier relationship or quality control issues.

Don't know if I should go ahead and order the standard set, or wait to see if custom option comes back.
[/quote]
Probably supply. I'm seeing more and more sets being sold where we are.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Total speculation on my part but I think Nike under estimated the demand for this club. I've never given Nike equipment a [s]second[/s] look at all until now. These are nice sticks especially for the guys teetering between a players CB and a GI...and way nicer looking than its predecessor. I think these have the potential of being one of their most successful offerings ever...if .

[quote name='topr' timestamp='1399659741' post='9264423']
Total speculation on my part but I think Nike under estimated the demand for this club. I've never given Nike equipment a [s]second[/s] look at all until now. These are nice sticks especially for the guys teetering between a players CB and a GI...and way nicer looking than its predecessor. I think these have the potential of being one of their most successful offerings ever...if .
[/quote]

Agree 100%. If they budgeted production based on VRS Forged sales, then that might explain why they are in short supply. Theses look even better than VRS Forged, and the band has built a lot of momentum since then

[quote name='scottvw13' timestamp='1399660200' post='9264467']
[/quote]

Agree 100%. If they budgeted production based on VRS Forged sales, then that might explain why they are in short supply. Theses look even better than VRS Forged, and the band has built a lot of momentum since then
[/quote]

When both Golf Digest and Golf Magazine said these were one of the best, if the not best, game improvement iron of the new models, probably people that normally would not look at Nike did and bought. I would hope in a month or two they would have a new supply of heads in and they would have regular shafts along with custom orders. I am still kicking myself for not getting a demo set at an EW for $800 in April. It was 5 - GW which is exactly what I want. I would then have the Project X PXi 5.5 shafts transfered from the VRS Forged to the CF's. The only thing that was holding me back was the wide soles on the wedges. I chunk my chip shots with wedges like that and one of the things I love about the VRS Forged is the feel and quality of shots around the green.

Callaway Chrome Soft

[quote name='TM_HOYER' timestamp='1399661550' post='9264583']
[/quote]

[/quote]

When both Golf Digest and Golf Magazine said these were one of the best, if the not best, game improvement iron of the new models, probably people that normally would not look at Nike did and bought. I would hope in a month or two they would have a new supply of heads in and they would have regular shafts along with custom orders. I am still kicking myself for not getting a demo set at an EW for $800 in April. It was 5 - GW which is exactly what I want. I would then have the Project X PXi 5.5 shafts transfered from the VRS Forged to the CF's. The only thing that was holding me back was the wide soles on the wedges. I chunk my chip shots with wedges like that and one of the things I love about the VRS Forged is the feel and quality of shots around the green.
[/quote]

Local shop has a demo for I think $699, 5-PW I think, i forget, w/ DG Pro R300.

Haven't tried that shaft other than hitting it in a simulator. Anyone with specs and reviews on it?

True Temper site has the weight listed as 113.5-109? Which one is it?

[quote name='Lesmond' timestamp='1399665729' post='9264891']
[quote name='TM_HOYER' timestamp='1399661550' post='9264583']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Local shop has a demo for I think $699, 5-PW I think, i forget, w/ DG Pro R300.

Haven't tried that shaft other than hitting it in a simulator. Anyone with specs and reviews on it?

True Temper site has the weight listed as 113.5-109? Which one is it?
[/quote]fantastic shaft. I was very surprised by it. I was set to get PXi but i absolutely loved the DG Pro. The Pro stands for progressive, meaning flighted.Very smooth shaft unlike the OG DG shaft.

Changing...