SCOR GOLF TESTING: It’s Your Turn to Test Like Iron Byron (10 testers needed). Apply here.

[color=#800080]45* , 123-127 , Genius 12 Firm , Standard Length , 1* upright (which is wrong most likely)[/color]

[color=#800080]Obviously for me the only way to test wedges is short game areas , bunkers , ands mostly on a course. It is the one part of my game i haves been working hard at (50-100) yards ands if something can improve that , why nots use it.[/color]

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a student at tamucc, close to where scor is located, and where they are a member of coastal bend innovation center.

I would compare how the scor wedges compare in the windy conditions of the coast. I use mp60's and the low, penetrating ball flight I currently have to the scor wedges. See if the club would keep from ballooning in the wind.

[attachment=2214895:Screenshot_2014-05-08-04-32-02-1.png]
Interested in seeing how these clubs would improve my wedge play around the greens.i would like to shave a few strokes off my game,my putting is pretty solid just need to tighten up my wedge play.if i can manage to do that i should be one step closer to a low double digit to high single digit handicap.

I am currently using the 54* Scor wedge. I have considered changing my scoring irons and other wedges. I just cannot seem to pull the trigger. Just unsure.
I think I would be an excellent tester for your scorfit. I already play with the 54 degree, which I like. But, I have a hard time in taking out my pw and gw from my ping i25. But, I would be open to the possibility. Below is my scorfit that came back to me on email.
Thanks again.
Andy

43,47,51,54,57. Currently I have in my 54 1 degree flat, stiff shaft.
Thanks

I would really enjoy the opportunity.

41/45/49/53/57, +3/4", KBS Stiff shafts

I'm intrigued by this technology, and would love to test it out at my courses practice facility, where I have the ability to hit many shots from a variety of lies from 130 and in. Then, I can take it out to the course and try it for real.

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

Specs: 2* Flat standard length and grip; Steel shaft stiff

This is interesting, I have always had awkward gaps and shorter than I think I should be from the 9 iron through gap wedges. To test the P club vs my Ping S56 PW. I would start on the range and hit a variety of shots with both clubs (high, low, right to left, left to right). After I would go to the course, we have a couple of short par 4's and 3 shot par 5's where I use my PW a lot. I would hit a couple of shots on each hole to get a better idea of how each club performed (and with a better golf ball). Then I would take it out and play an actual round with it. This would be the true test.<p>

• SCORFIT HOME
  • YOUR BAG
  • YOUR GAME
  • YOUR SCORFIT

pdficon_large.png PDF Report

<< Previous

Next >>

Scoring clubs designed for your game

Your Optimum 5 Club

Scoring Game Prescription

scor42.png

scor46.png

scor50.png

scor54.png

scor58.png

42°

46°

50°

54°

58°

139-143

125-129

113-117

99-103

87-91

The SCOR4161™ Precision Scoring System was created with one goal in mind: to enable you to hit it closer to the hole with game-changing consistency.

The Scoring System shown here – made just for you and your game – is designed both for maximum accuracy and confidence in the scoring range, and a seamless integration with your existing mid-irons.

But the precision gapping, shaft-matching, and custom-fitting that make this seamless integration possible are only the beginning of the SCOR4161 advantage. Over the next few pages, we’ll outline the revolutionary and proprietary technologies that we’ve brought together to make the most accurate, and most forgiving scoring club ever made.

You’ve taken the first step toward consistently lower scores. Read on.

Ping G425 LST 10.5*
Ping G425 LST 14.5
Taylormade Sim max hybrid 19*

Srixon ZX5 4 iron & 5 iron
Srixon ZX7 6-AW
Vokey SM8 54.10S and 60.04L
Evnroll ER5 black

They're super irons, replaced Mizzy wedges that I had in the bag since '97(not the same wedges, lol).

And the people at SCOR are even more impressive than the irons. Barry and Terry are top notch.

Best of luck to you all & Sammy, I hope that you're soon swingin SCORs!!

Good luck Buddy :)

Fairways & Greens My Friends,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Optimum Sco4161 Precision Scoring System

43, 47, 51, 55, 59

scor47.png

47* Pitching Wedge. Left Hand

Shaft: Steel Genius KBS Tour 120

Flex: Firm

Length:

Lie: Standard

Grips: +1 wraps

I use my wedges a lot! At the 18 hole courses I play, the primary shot order is Driver/Wedge. I also play during the week regularly on two 9 hole executive courses with short par 3's requiring a wedge or 9 iron off the tee. As you can see my wedges get used a lot. My AP2 pitching wedge is the go to club in my bag. I rely heavily on my wedges and better accuracy is a an absolute must for me. I'll put this club through the paces where it matters most.. On the course. If it does what you say it does, my "one putts" should go up and my scores should go down.

48 degree .25 short and 1 degree flat

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Attas-T2 9x

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

[attachment=2216279:scor.png]

I would do head to head tests of the SCOR4161 47* vs my current PW in all the scenarios I would use a 47* club. This includes full shots (high trajectory), 3/4 shots (low trajectory), uneven lies, long bunker shots, and shots from the rough. The procedure would be 3 shots with each club from each scenario using the ball I game, the Titleist Pro V1x.

My prediction is that if the SCOR4161 has a friendlier bounce and grind than my 712 MB PW, I will have more consistent results since my miss with my short irons is a little fat if I get too aggressive.

915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
915F 15* Diamana B-Series 80X, 18* Grafalloy Epic T90X
716MB 4-PW X100
SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
Bullseye Flange

I am a long-time member at a semi-private club in Rhode Island and recently have become a member of a beautiful private country club as well. I almost play daily at one of these two courses. I have always wanted to try scorfit set of wedges, having heard so many good things about this but have never had a chance to try them before purchase. I currently play mizuno MP59 irons and a set of vokey wedges in 50-54-58 setup. Most of my approach shots are hit with 8-9-P irons and wedges and a problem I often face is when I make a full swing using these clubs, I find it difficult to transition between 8-9-P irons into the wedges, resulting in often poor shots onto the greens. Ideally I would customize a set of 8-9-P, 51* 55* and 59* set of irons that look similar at address, with the wedges versatile in different turf conditions. Below is my scorfit result and how I would test the P-club:

1) I would only try this club on the golf course.
2) Full shot: I would play this shot in these conditions: from the Tee at my semi-private course as this has a 125 yard par 3. Another shot onto the greens from fairway, tight lie, and rough.
3) Wedge play: I would play pitching and chipping shorts using prov1x balls onto different greens at these two golf courses where I am a member. Greens at these two courses are vastly different in speed and firmness. Especially with chipping around greens, I want to see how the P-club perform from different kinds of lies.

I would provide a detailed report comparing this club to my pitching wedge.

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/2a5j6lf.jpg[

47*

I currently play Scor wedges in 51,55,59.

I will provide a complete comparison between my current PW and the Scor 47* wedge. I intend to do this both in practice range sessions as well as on course. I will also put the Scor wedge into play during tournament play in order to get a feel for performance under pressure situations. I currently play to a 3.4 index and have a good understanding of what is required to hit various shots.

PXG Gen6 0311 9.0 with Aldila Rogue MSI125 stiff

PXG 0211 3 and 5 woods

PXG 0317CB with Project X LZ 6.0

Bettinardi Queen Bee B11

First I want so say thanks to SCOR and GolfWRX for this opportunity.
I would use this club in multiple ways. First, I would take it to the backyard where I have set up targets at 40 and 70 yards. There I would compare it to my Mizuno MP-30 in the accuracy out of the rough. Second, I would take it to the range and test accuracy from a fairway lie. Last, I would compare overall performance at my local course, espcilly on the on short par-3 that I just can't seem to hit right. The course has alot of short par-4s so there are a lot of shots taken at around the range this club is effective at.[attachment=2216509:Capture.PNG]

[color=#800000]Titleist 913d3 8.5*[/color]
[color=#0000ff]Adams 13.5[/color]
[color=#696969]TM RBZ 3 Hy[/color]
[color=#800000]Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW[/color]
[color=#0000ff]Vokey SM5 50*/Ping Tour S 56*/Vokey SM5 60*[/color]
[color=#696969]Ping Scottsdale TR Shea[/color]

My Scor report said:
41°

45°
49°
53°
57°
152-156
136-140
124-128
109-113
96-100
Your optimum Scoring System is pictured here. Five clubs with four degree gaps. Picking up after your set-match 8-iron. This will give you the most deadly accurate scoring range performance you’ve ever experienced.
Length Adjustment: +1"
Lie Adjustment: STANDARD
Grip Size: + 4 WRAPS

Right now, play around the greens is my number one problem. I'd attack each practice from 150 yards in, but especially focusing on short chips and pitch shots. If I could leave myself half the distance to the hole on each shot, my handicap would drop by an estimates 8-10 shots per round, based on the last 10 rounds. Having better gaps and the right club for chip shots could be a game changer for me. Each practice and round for the next 3 months will be focused on getting closer to the hole whether or not you choose me.

Never been custom fitted for irons or wedges before! Interested to see if the big claims you guys are making are actually true about these wedges. I currently play Vokeys at 56 and 60*, with an Old Tour Action at 51* for my Gap Wedge. After reading your reports I now realize that trajectory issues with these scoring clubs could easily be a factor of different manufacturers.

I believe I would be a valuable member of your testing team as I represent a smaller niche on the WRX Forums: The college golfer. Also, living in Michigan, I experience all possible turf conditions within a week! It was 80 degrees and humid here yesterday. Today, it was 55, blustery and rainy. I am very intrigued in discovering the true effects of bounce on wedges. I hit the range once a day as I work out on a course raising funds for school. Thanks for the opportunity and the incredible amount of helpful information you've provided me with so far!

44.5" X Flex Student Loans up my-
Mizzy MP650 13.5 DI8x
S3 Pro MB 3-GW 130 X
Tour Trusty RF Proto 55, 60
Ontic Signature Series II Blade
Sun Mountain Swift X

​I'm an 18.2 handicap and member [b]of[/b] a country club. I recently signed up for a package of 12 lessons in hopes of improving my game. After three [b]lessons[/b] I've shot my best [b]nine holes ever so progress is being made. That said, my short game continues to be a weakness, partly, as evidenced by the analysis I received, is due to gaps in my wedges. Right now I use Miura wedges which are probably "too good" for me, but I love the look and feel. I would hypothesize that between my lessons and the right tool/tools in my bag, I can be a single digit handicap by years end and I wouldn't be afraid to talk about it. Thanks. [/b]
SNEAK PEAK -[color=#000000]
Your Optimum Scoring System Solution:[/color][color=#000000]
[size=6]
41°[/size][size=6]
45°[/size][size=6]
49°[/size][size=6]
53°[/size][size=6]
57°[/size]
[size=3]
133-137[/size][size=3]
119-123[/size][size=3]
108-112[/size][size=3]
95-99[/size][size=3]
84-88[/size][/color]
Your Full SCORFit Report will show you several other Scoring System arrangements tailored for your game,

standard length, lie, +4wraps.

Wedge play has always been the strongest part of my game. I look forward to having the opportunity to test out a SCOR wedge. The courses in my area require shots from a wide variety of soft to super firm lies so turf interaction is by far the most important aspect for me.

1ij2hy.png

Callaway Rogue ST LS 9*

Mizuno STZ 4W

TM Stealth 7 FW

Mizuno STZ 5H
Mizuno MP4 5-PW

Mizuno S23 50, 56, 60
TM Spider GT Max

I would appreciate the opportunity to test out the Scor wedge system against my current set up. I have a hard time finding the 125*- 130* club and i'm usually between clubs at that distance. The 5* degree gap between my P-GW is where i'm struggling. If I am chosen I will put a nice review from what I experience between the hard pan Municipal golf courses and some high end courses like Lake of Isles and see how these clubs perform from all different scenarios. I would take 20 balls with my PW and 20 balls with the Scor and see the green groupings, full to 3/4 shots. Thanks Scor for the great opportunity and making a excellent product. Never have seen a bad review on your equipment. Plus I could use new wedges mine are non conforming. :taunt:

Titleist Ts4 9.5* Accra TZ6 M5
Ping G400 5w Motore Speeder VC 7.3x
Mizuno HMB 3 Nippon 120x

Mizuno MP20 4-P Nippon 120x
Cleveland Zipcore 52, 56 Ti S400

Cleveland Rtx 4 60-03 Ti S400
Ping Heppler ZB3
ProV1

44* P, standard everything.

I always use my lob wedges for most short games shots. Obvisouly, there is a better way and I hope to see if the SCOR test will allow me to see that first hand. Im excited for the opportunity to test your equipment vs. mine to see what is better on the course and not on paper.

*Prediction*
If your equipment and stats are true then yall should beat my stuff hands down, so time will tell.

Thanks.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

[url="http://www.scorgolf.com/scor4161/scor4161-matched-set-of-five/"]SCOR4161 Matched Set of Five[/url] Custom Built For: Chris Hand: Right Loft ​for 1​st: 41 Loft ​for 2​nd: 45 Loft ​for 3​rd: 49 Loft ​for 4​th: 53 Loft ​for 5​th: 57 Shaft​: Steel​ - Ge​nius ​12 KB​S Tou​r (12​0 gra​ms) Shaft​ Flex​: Firm ​+ Shaft​ Leng​th: +1/2" Lie A​ngle: Stand​ard Grip ​Size: + 2 W​raps
I would test these against my current wedge setup by hitting all types of shots from all types of lies. As a longer player I find myself at those awkward distances in between wedges and that's where I'd focus most of my testing. I would first take them to the range and hit a variety of shots, SCOR vs. my wedge shot for shot. Then I would do extensive chipping testing on the chipping green, again shot for shot. Lastly I would take them both to the course to see how the performance is in real world situations (we all know the range doesn't always translate to the course), where I would hit my wedges vs. the SCOR in real situations, alternating which wedge I would hit first.

Driver- Cobra F8+ with HZRDUS Yellow 60 X-Stiff
3 wood- Tour Edge CB4 with Speeder 757 Stiff
Hybrid- Callaway X Hot 19* with Diamana Kai'li Blue 80 X Stiff
Irons- Mizuno MP 15- 4-PW with Nippon Modus 120 Stiff
Wedges- Mizuno MP T7 50, 56, 60
Putter- Scotty Cameron Furtura 5W
Ball- Snell MTB (Black)

45 degree. one degree upright regular flex graphite standard length.

I would test on course comparing it to my Mizuno PW. I play a private course and I can easily play in the evening an hit several balls per hole, compare distances and dispersion.

scor45.png

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Thanks GolfWRX and SCOR for the opportunity! I plan to test the wedges with a consistent ball position, but varying the degrees of openness with the club face. I would be using a laser rangefinder and the same ball for consistency purposes. I currently play with two Vokey wedges and R11 PW and AW irons to compare against.

Below is how I fared on the SCOR Fit system.

Callaway Epic 9.0 w/Mitsu Grand Bassara
Titleist 915F 3W
TMaG 4 Rescue 2011
PXG 0311XF 5-7 Steelfiber
PXG 0311 8-GW Steelfiber
Scotty Newport Notchback 34"
Titleist BV 54 & 58 Wedges

[attachment=2219047:Screen shot 2014-05-11 at 3.51.19 PM.png]

[attachment=2219049:Screen shot 2014-05-11 at 3.49.43 PM.png]

I'm very excited about trying out these wedges. I'm very long, so I hit a lot of wedges in a typical round, and distance control is very important to me. So I think my game could benefit a lot from putting a set of these into play.

Give us a few lines on how you plan to test your club versus the [b][i]SCOR4161[/i][/b], and maybe even throw in a quick hypothesis/prediction.
I plan to take my club and the SCOR4161 and hit the course when its slow and hit similar shots with each club and see the feel and accuracy each gives me. Also, go to the range and do the same there to so the consistency comparison.

Thanks for this great opportunity.

[attachment=2220189:Capture.JPG]

49°
120-124

Most clubs perform well when well struck. It is the misses that determine if the club stays in the bag. It is that testing in particular that would give me the best feedback on the "P" club.

This is the club I use most in every round I play. Having a local range with superb chipping facilities is a bonus. Approaches and green side chipping. Using one club you tend to be creative with the types of shots that you need/choose to hit.