2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

UST Elements Chrome Review - TourSPX Build, Tour Issue Results

[quote name='GooseHook' timestamp='1408368169' post='9956199']
[quote name='MrFlapjack' timestamp='1408315458' post='9953225']
How would the 7F5T hold up to a very aggressive swing? SS around 115ish+, with a fairly hard transition and turn through the ball. Heard it has a soft midsection, would that be a recipe for loosing it out to the right? For reference using a Miyazaki Indigo 6x I don't feel like this shaft is stable enough, and most balls spin up, and die at around 285 yards. I am also using a PX 7a3 that's tipped 2.25" (didn't know this when I bought it), feels like rebar, but keeps up when I really go after it, and keeps the spin in check.
[/quote]

Only if you're coming way over the top.Spin and launch wise there are plenty of comparisons already in this thread.

The mid section thing is mostly a feel preference, and seems to be mostly in the 60g versions. I play short drivers with 75+g shafts so I never even tried that one.
[/quote]

Good to know, thanks. If anyone is looking to get rid of one shoot me a pm...

Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
4 Hybrid...
Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
Ping Ketsch Mid 

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='clesports' timestamp='1408749348' post='9990193']
Did you find it pretty true to flex?
[/quote]

Depends on how you define 'true to flex'. After all, one person loads the shaft and unloads it very differently from somebody else, and that has an effect on how a shafts 'feels', and in turn whether it feels true to flex. To Mo Farrah, 1500m is a sprint, to Usain Bolt it's a Marathon!!

[quote name='clesports' timestamp='1408749348' post='9990193']
Did you find it pretty true to flex?
[/quote]

The T plays stiffer imo. But it is tighter in dispersion to my Ahina. Similar 60ish weight & Ahina has more "kick".

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

I have a Callaway BBA 9*. I hit it very straight but 10 yards shorter than my G25. The BBA has a Fubuki ZT 60 S in it and it's OK. I swing in 102-106 range with a smooth transition and probably not a huge amount of load. Which Elements Chrome would best for a swing like mine? I love the BBA, the sound and feel is amazing, but if I am losing distance, it might not stay too long. Gravity Core down, 5g in heel and 1g in toe, N and S, settings. Thanks.

Titleist TSR3 9.25* Tensei 1K Black 65S 45.75"
Titleist TSR2 16.5 Tensei 1K Black 75S 43.25"
Titleist TSR3 19* Tensei 1K Black 75S 42.75" 
Titleist TSR3 3H 19* Tensei 1kB Black 85s 40.5"
Fourteen TC 920 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Fourteen DJ-4 48* Project X IO 6.0
Fourteen DJ-5 54* Project X IO 6.0

Fourteen DJ-4 58* Project X IO 6.0
2023 Odyssey Jailbird MH 39"  
2023 Vice Pro Lime

Epon 153 10.5 ~ EC 6F4Ts
Played Friday in very wet conditions (cart path only) and my normal ball flight is mid/low-mid. EC combo was mid-high for me and really long. I was amazed at the carry I was getting. Very happy with this set up.
Great feel, dispersion and distance.

Qi10 Max 9* ~ TPT Nitro 17 Hi

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

JDM Cally X Forged star~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

I have a 7FT5T on order to try with a G30. Also have a Oban Purple coming. Currently Oban White in the G30. Going to compare all three on the Foresight GC2…..looking forward to the results….hope the Chrome is as advertised.

M1 460, Shaft TBD
Epic 15*, Oban purple 05 flex
SLDR Rescue, 19 , X Fujikura
Irons (5-P)- PXG 0311, (4) - O311XF, Steelfiber 110
Bettinardi Kutchar - DASS
Edel 51, 55, 59, Steelfiber 110

Went and visited Bobby Ennis at the UST facility in Ft. Worth last Friday. I was there to get my dad a new driver fitted for his bday. Bobby ended up setting him up with a Jetspeed and shaft and gained about 20 yds and 70% better distribution. Awesome!!!

Bobby also took a look at my driver. I was gaming a BB Alpha with a White Tie 7X3. Hated it. The Callaway rep set it up for me, and it just wasn't working. Swing weight was D9! Bobby took out the White Tie and put in an Elements Chrome shaft. I could finally feel the clubhead!! Picked up some clubhead speed, and dropped about 800 spin. The Chrome shaft feels very stiff, which I like. I need to play a few more rounds with it to get a better feel for how it handles, but I did shoot a 73 with it my first round out. This was by far the best shaft for me out of everything Bobby had. My swing speed is about 108, so not too fast, but this thing is a bomb for me. Averaging about 304 total distance, and I think about 286 carry. Many times I was better than what TrackMan said was 'optimal' for my conditions.

What did he fit you with, 6F4T?

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

i've had the 6F5T in my driver for the last month or so and have to say...best driver shaft i've ever used. dispersion and distance are phenomenal. i had the Kiyoshi Gold 05 flex before this and this shaft is not only more responsive, but i can step on it if i really want to and get better consistent results. can't praise this shaft enough...

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

SC Phantom 5.5 (2024) 35”

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1409066623' post='10010909']
[quote name='george.arnold' timestamp='1409065604' post='10010809']
[quote name='SwingBlues' timestamp='1409002204' post='10006183']
[/quote]

6F5T
[/quote]

Sounds about right. Even with my measly 103-104mph SS, the 6F4T was just too soft in the mid section for me.
[/quote]

That is most interesting how 2 golfers with similar SS would interpret this shaft. I swing 103 to 108 SS and to me the 6F4T felt more boardy and a "regular" stiff. To me, it was just a tad below a PM702 stiff tipped 1" and more so than my Ahina stiff 60 x5ct. Anyway, its in the bag for now...but I am keeping my Ahina just in case.

[quote name='SwingBlues' timestamp='1409074542' post='10011837']
[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1409066623' post='10010909']
[quote name='george.arnold' timestamp='1409065604' post='10010809']
[quote name='SwingBlues' timestamp='1409002204' post='10006183']
[/quote]

6F5T
[/quote]

Sounds about right. Even with my measly 103-104mph SS, the 6F4T was just too soft in the mid section for me.
[/quote]

That is most interesting how 2 golfers with similar SS would interpret this shaft. I swing 103 to 108 SS and to me the 6F4T felt more boardy and a "regular" stiff. To me, it was just a tad below a PM702 stiff tipped 1" and more so than my Ahina stiff 60 x5ct. Anyway, its in the bag for now...but I am keeping my Ahina just in case.
[/quote]

It's just more about how different people load and unload the shaft. I load and unload very late, so all the 'feel' in a shaft is in the mid section, so that section of a shaft has to be firm and stable. For others that load earlier, the mid section is not necessarily where a shaft is felt, so the mid section may be less important, in terms of firmness. Just how we all roll.

Just wanted to say thanks for you post and info. I currently have the Oban Kiyoshi White in the G30 and had the Oban Purple on order to try out and get better launch stats....not that the White was that bad at about 13 degree with 1,900-2,100 on typically. The Purple was a little better stats. Ordered the Chrome based on this string, and holy cow. Really impressed with this shaft and the feel. Assessment could not be more spot on for me. Launch average now is 17 degree with 1,700-1,800 spin rate with the Chrome. Really don't understand how my launch has increased so much other that the feel / kick of the shaft fits my swing really well.

Thanks again. Anyone interested in an Oban Purple O5 flex with a G30 tip....drop me a line. Thanks again for this review.

M1 460, Shaft TBD
Epic 15*, Oban purple 05 flex
SLDR Rescue, 19 , X Fujikura
Irons (5-P)- PXG 0311, (4) - O311XF, Steelfiber 110
Bettinardi Kutchar - DASS
Edel 51, 55, 59, Steelfiber 110

@ clesports: I've seen them for about $285 online, but a few posters mentioned a few people on the board sell them. Robert Ennis (UST Mamiya TPS on here) and possibly Will Peoples(?).

Anyone know of a place in MN to get fitted? I found a UST dealer/fitter at Golf Etc in Chandler, WI. My wife is going to some dog trial in Chandler in late October and I plan on tagging along to get my i25 driver tweaked and sneak in some golf if you can still do that in MN/WI that late. I don't really feel that comfortable blindly ordering a shaft as UST recommends I play the F5T (avg ss is 109 currrently) so I'd rather get fit.

• 7 months later...

[quote name='Mob' timestamp='1403026758' post='9515977']
[quote name='BackwardsGolfer' timestamp='1403020653' post='9515021']
[quote name='Mob' timestamp='1403020528' post='9514991']
Great review. It should be hard for anyone to pick holes in it, but I'm sure someone on here will try.

I have this shaft and like it a lot, but was having issues that may have been related to the head. W[b]hen I got on flightscope with my clubfitter/builder he saw some issues with the tip of the shaft on impact that implied instability issue. Interesting that I can make the tip of the shaft, or adaptor creak when I bend down to put a tee in the ground. I wonder if there is a crack in the shaft tip that would explain both of these thoughts. When I put a different shaft in the head, it didn't make that creaking noise.[/b]
[/quote]

[b]It's funny that you mention creaking! I had that for the first day, and then I decided to reset it, and the creaking went away! I don't think it's a shaft issue as much as possibility if a little bit of air, or a bubble gets in there. More of a building thing, I think. Or at least, that's what I'm blaming my early creak on![/b]
[/quote]

Interesting. I haven't pursued figuring it out yet, as I got a Veylix Alpina shaft which I really like as well. [b]I need to figure it out, as it makes me doubt the stability of the shaft tip, along with the Flightscope info. that showed the tip to not be reacting properly at impact.[/b]
[/quote]

Sorry to bump an older thread but I've come across an interesting issue with my Elements Chrome 7F5T and this seems to be the only place that I can find anything remotely similar. I've highlighted the parts of the other posts that are relevant.

I have been noticing a weird sound at impact with my i25/Chrome but thought it was just me until the pro giving me a lesson commented on it. We were able to put some pressure on the head and replicate it as well. When I took the i25 off of the shaft (which is the first time I've done that since receiving the club and setting it to my preferred setting) it looks like the tip is bent. It's not a significant amount but it's noticeable. I'm afraid the shaft is cracking but I have no way of pulling the tip and verifying that. I've also noticed that my drives have become more and more erratic, but I have no idea if that's user error or a mental thing. I've stopped hitting it for fear that it's going to snap off and the head fly.

Anyone else have any similar issues? I would like to contact UST but I picked up the Chrome off of the BST and not firsthand so who knows if they can do anything for me.

[quote name='Schweitzer' timestamp='1429273721' post='11379543']
Great review. It should be hard for anyone to pick holes in it, but I'm sure someone on here will try.

I have this shaft and like it a lot, but was having issues that may have been related to the head. W[b]hen I got on flightscope with my clubfitter/builder he saw some issues with the tip of the shaft on impact that implied instability issue. Interesting that I can make the tip of the shaft, or adaptor creak when I bend down to put a tee in the ground. I wonder if there is a crack in the shaft tip that would explain both of these thoughts. When I put a different shaft in the head, it didn't make that creaking noise.[/b]
[/quote]

[b]It's funny that you mention creaking! I had that for the first day, and then I decided to reset it, and the creaking went away! I don't think it's a shaft issue as much as possibility if a little bit of air, or a bubble gets in there. More of a building thing, I think. Or at least, that's what I'm blaming my early creak on![/b]
[/quote]

Interesting. I haven't pursued figuring it out yet, as I got a Veylix Alpina shaft which I really like as well. [b]I need to figure it out, as it makes me doubt the stability of the shaft tip, along with the Flightscope info. that showed the tip to not be reacting properly at impact.[/b]
[/quote]

Sorry to bump an older thread but I've come across an interesting issue with my Elements Chrome 7F5T and this seems to be the only place that I can find anything remotely similar. I've highlighted the parts of the other posts that are relevant.

I have been noticing a weird sound at impact with my i25/Chrome but thought it was just me until the pro giving me a lesson commented on it. We were able to put some pressure on the head and replicate it as well. When I took the i25 off of the shaft (which is the first time I've done that since receiving the club and setting it to my preferred setting) it looks like the tip is bent. It's not a significant amount but it's noticeable. I'm afraid the shaft is cracking but I have no way of pulling the tip and verifying that. I've also noticed that my drives have become more and more erratic, but I have no idea if that's user error or a mental thing. I've stopped hitting it for fear that it's going to snap off and the head fly.

Anyone else have any similar issues? I would like to contact UST but I picked up the Chrome off of the BST and not firsthand so who knows if they can do anything for me.
[/quote]

Send me a pm and we will get it taken care of. Thanks.

[quote name='Schweitzer' timestamp='1429273721' post='11379543']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote name='Schweitzer' timestamp='1429280446' post='11380399']
[quote name='howeber' timestamp='1429280051' post='11380337']
I had a 9F5T that cracked at the tip in the adapter.

Then again, I've had multiple shafts do this so I don't think it's something specific to the Chrome
[/quote]

Did you contact UST about it or just chalk it up as a loss?
[/quote]

I bought the shaft from Will Peoples and he took care of it for me. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Then again, I've had multiple shafts do this so I don't think it's something specific to the Chrome
[/quote]

[/quote]

I bought the shaft from Will Peoples and he took care of it for me. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

[quote name='UST Mamiya TPS' timestamp='1429284275' post='11380913']

[/quote]

Done. Thanks so much!

[quote name='howeber' timestamp='1429289754' post='11381679']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good to hear. Thanks for the replies!

[quote name='UST Mamiya TPS' timestamp='1429284275' post='11380913']

[/quote]

Done. Thanks so much!

[quote name='howeber' timestamp='1429289754' post='11381679']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good to hear. Thanks for the replies!

Was the shaft you installed the F4 stiff or F4 Tour stiff ...just curious...

CALLAWAY GBB EPIC SUBZERO 9* OBAN KIYOSHI PURPLE

07 BURNER TP 17.5* MATRIX CODE 8
ADAMS PRO GOLD 3H TOUR ISSUE NV 85
COBRA KING FORGED 5-GW KBS TOUR V
CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 56* RAW KBS TOUR V
CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 60* RAW KBS TOUR V
TOULON MILLED COLUMBUS CAMERON BLACK MATADOR MID
TAYLORMADE TP5X
CALLAWAY APEX UT 21* RECOIL 110 DEPENDING ON CONDITIONS