2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Dustin Johnson...Leave of absence from golf ..Any news? (MERGED)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's kinda interesting to me that while this thread has fermented to 100 proof and getting stinkier all the while, no-one, and I mean no-one out there with an ear to the rails and in the real know has said boo. Not diddly squat, to deny or confirm anything substantive about this entire leaky ship fairytale that has become a festering 39 page morally sanctimonious squawk fest rendered possible by so called ethically, morally and socially responsible members of the best golf website in the universe. Until such time that rumours, innuendo and any otherwise unproven claims are deemed credible by more than one reliable source, I challenge the mods, with all due respect, to shut this mother of a chin wag carnival down!

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1407210481' post='9859655']
It's kinda interesting to me that while this thread has fermented to 100 proof and getting stinkier all the while, no-one, and I mean no-one out there with an ear to the rails and in the real know has said boo. Not diddly squat, to deny or confirm anything substantive about this entire leaky ship fairytale that has become a festering 39 page morally sanctimonious squawk fest rendered possible by so called ethically, morally and socially responsible members of the best golf website in the universe. Until such time that rumours, innuendo and any otherwise unproven claims are deemed credible by more than one reliable source, I challenge the mods, with all due respect, to shut this mother of a chin wag carnival down!
[/quote]
Oh cmon. Really? You're better than this.
You know that none of the players will "deny" the story b/c they know if they deny that only invites reporters (who already know all this stuff) to run with the truth.
Nor, will they confirm it because there's no incentive to self-immolate.
So, they say nothing and hope people will believe that where there's smoke there's not fire unless somebody admits there's fire.
They're playing you.

Admittedly, there's a lot of rumor and jesting here but put some things together.

Remember DJ's jet ski back injury? He came right back and played lights out. From a back injury that left him out of competition from March 11 to June 3. Exactly 12 weeks.
Should he play that well from a 12 week back injury (T19 and W) without a big strain? (Tiger says "no.")

BUT we were told it wasn't a suspension and there was no other circumstance then. You believe that?

Alli Mackenzie admitted to the the extramarital tryst - “Will and I were separated before the supposed indiscretion night.” (Supposed! If you didn't do it, why split hairs on being seperated in this timeline?)

Erin Walker who tweeted everyday several times a day has gone SILENT since her name came up. Where's THAT denial?

You're better than this. You KNOW it's a scam. Don't be a pawn.

BUT, I will say, the sanctimony is a bit much out here. Too many wrx'ers playing the role of offended goody two shoes'.
It wouldn't appear that DJ "seduced" nor was "seduced by" anybody. They all knew what they were doing. I'm not "offended" by them but hey, they appear to be crappy people.

Lastly, all jokes aside, cocaine sucks. It makes people into scumbags. I wouldn't say it makes "good people into scumbags" because the truth is, if you're in a bathroom stall taking a bump off somebody's keys, you were probably inclined to want to be a scumbag, at least just a little.

having said that, some of the sweetest people I ever met were potheads though. so, you know, i'm inclined to think the secret of DJ's troubles isn't in the bongwater.

LONG LIVE THIS THREAD!

Driver Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme
Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5* and 17* FW
Callaway Razr X Tour 21* Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW, Mizuno JPX 50*,
Mizuno MPT-11 54*, Vokey SM4 60/10,
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2

The fact that Dustin Johnson has been given multiple opportunities to change his own behavior, yet has failed to do so, speaks volumes to the lack of accountability he has been granted due to an athletic skill. I hope he takes full advantage of any help offered and makes the requisite changes to behave in a more healthful, moral, and legally responsible manner. His past history does not allow me to have a great deal of optimism, but I wish him the best.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

[/quote]

Feel free to excuse yourself from this thread. The fact that we haven't heard denials speaks volumes. I really don't expect Dustin Johnson to make a public announcement that he's a coke head and likes to fornicate with married women.

[quote name='monkeynaut' timestamp='1407212901' post='9859835']
[/quote]
You know that none of the players will "deny" the story b/c they know if they deny that only invites reporters (who already know all this stuff) to run with the truth.
So, they say nothing and hope people will believe that where there's smoke there's not fire unless somebody admits there's fire.
They're playing you.

Admittedly, there's a lot of rumor and jesting here but put some things together.

Remember DJ's jet ski back injury? He came right back and played lights out. From a back injury that left him out of competition from March 11 to June 3. Exactly 12 weeks.
Should he play that well from a 12 week back injury (T19 and W) without a big strain? (Tiger says "no.")

BUT we were told it wasn't a suspension and there was no other circumstance then. You believe that?

Alli Mackenzie admitted to the the extramarital tryst - “Will and I were separated before the supposed indiscretion night.” (Supposed! If you didn't do it, why split hairs on being seperated in this timeline?)

Erin Walker who tweeted everyday several times a day has gone SILENT since her name came up. Where's THAT denial?

BUT, I will say, the sanctimony is a bit much out here. Too many wrx'ers playing the role of offended goody two shoes'.
It wouldn't appear that DJ "seduced" nor was "seduced by" anybody. They all knew what they were doing. I'm not "offended" by them but hey, they appear to be crappy people.

Lastly, all jokes aside, cocaine sucks. It makes people into scumbags. I wouldn't say it makes "good people into scumbags" because the truth is, if you're in a bathroom stall taking a bump off somebody's keys, you were probably inclined to want to be a scumbag, at least just a little.

having said that, some of the sweetest people I ever met were potheads though. so, you know, i'm inclined to think the secret of DJ's troubles isn't in the bongwater.

LONG LIVE THIS THREAD!
[/quote]
None f that matters. Until such time as someone who actually knows what is going on speaks up, this thread is an abomination. Everyone knows everything about nothing on matters such as this. And you're right. I am better than this. Which is exactly why I'm pissed ff with the bunch of you!

[quote name='502 to Right' timestamp='1407214405' post='9859941']
[/quote]

Feel free to excuse yourself from this thread. The fact that we haven't heard denials speaks volumes. I really don't expect Dustin Johnson to make a public announcement that he's a coke head and likes to fornicate with married women.
[/quote]
It speaks volumes of nothing. It simply creates the vacuum needed for quasi moralistic and uprighteous holier than thou gossip mongers to flourish in. You think you know and you attack like a shark to chum. Mindlessly, with full malice!

[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1407214884' post='9859989']
[/quote]

[/quote]
It speaks volumes of nothing. It simply creates the vacuum needed for quasi moralistic and uprighteous holier than thou gossip mongers to flourish in. You think you know and you attack like a shark to chum. Mindlessly, with full malice!
[/quote]

Is this Dustin Johnson's mother? That would explain a lot.

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
They got it right with the anchoring ban.

Driver Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme
Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5* and 17* FW
Callaway Razr X Tour 21* Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW, Mizuno JPX 50*,
Mizuno MPT-11 54*, Vokey SM4 60/10,
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2

[quote name='monkeynaut' timestamp='1407212901' post='9859835']
[/quote]
They're playing you.

LONG LIVE THIS THREAD!
[/quote]
Sorry, I didn't read your entire post, first time through. Having done so now, I agree with everything beyond "pawn".
Trust me, I'm no fool. I'm waiting for the fireworks to begin in earnest and for real. But until such time as I see the colors, man, I lay off of DJ 'cause I got no sustainable evidence to get on his case.

[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1407215393' post='9860021']
Sorry, I didn't read your entire post, first time through. Having done so now, I agree with everything beyond "pawn".
Trust me, I'm no fool. I'm waiting for the fireworks to begin in earnest and for real. But until such time as I see the colors, man, I lay off of DJ 'cause I got no sustainable evidence to get on his case.
[/quote]

You strike me as the kind of person who goes around saying, "No, I don't think O.J. Simpson is a double murderer. He was found "not guilty" by a jury of his peers."

[quote name='monkeynaut' timestamp='1407215202' post='9860011']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
They got it right with the anchoring ban.
[/quote]
LMFAO.......
But I'm still pissed off......

[quote name='502 to Right' timestamp='1407215517' post='9860027']
[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1407215393' post='9860021']
[/quote]

You strike me as the kind of person who goes around saying, "No, I don't think O.J. Simpson is a double murderer. He was found "not guilty" by a jury of his peers."
[/quote]
I think you don't know me well enough to suggest you know anything about me. And your weak response proves it.

[quote name='ctmason_98' timestamp='1407215566' post='9860033']
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait. Everyone just stop.

Uprighteous is a real word?

This thread has been worth it.
[/quote]
Nope. Coined it in the heat of the moment. Why'd you have to go and out me......

[quote name='502 to Right' timestamp='1407215107' post='9859997']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
No.
Thank your lucky stars it's not.....

[quote name='Man_O_War' timestamp='1407162200' post='9852787']
looking at the tour wives, few of them are really women of any substance. They are mostly blonde..yes....mostly pretty... being to many tour events and frankly, not surprised Johnson johnsoned a bunch of them.
The only reflection on their husbands..is they chose these women for wives... Remember see Jeff Julian and his wife and a bunch of tournaments before he passed....his wife was just a pure loving woman who loved her husband so much. She was real. She looked real, not fake...but Johnson, come on...you are less of a man than even Tiger Woods...he at least did not sleep with the wife of tour players..bunch of perkins girls and women of questionable hue..
[/quote]had 1 lesson from Jeff years ago, he played out of Quechee where my Dad is a member. What a great person he was. My Dad was lucky enough to befriend him and build a lean to for him to hit balls from in fowl weather.

Ok I'm sorry but if I hear one more golf announcer show sympathy for DJ I'm gonna puke. He's an extremely talented young man and probably the best athlete on tour. Yet he chooses to waste his talent by partying like a rock star and now it's it's caught up with him. Just look at the facts, who voluntarily resigns from the Ryder cup team? It's obvious he failed a drug test. The tour and Johnson's PR team can spin it however they want. Had he not failed his drug test DJ would have kept on doing what he was doing. The bottom line is he is a knuckle head. And, he'll never be GREAT! I said he will never be GREAT! Because greatness is only achieved with the greatest sacrifice. Right now DJ is having to sacrifice some time on tour for rehab but time will tell if he can stay rehabbed. I just don't see DJ willing to sacrifice everything for his love of playing golf.

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Is this Golfwrx' "village idiot" ? That would explain a lot.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#ff8c00][b]Cobra Bio Cell+[/b][/color]
[color=#000080][b]Adams A12 Pro 16, 20, 23[/b][/color]
[b][color=#696969]Ping G20, 5-SW, C-Taper stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#ff0000][b]TM xft wedge 64[/b][/color]
[b][color="#000000"]Scotty Futura X[/color][/b][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]ProV1x[/b][/font]

[quote name='gopherguts' timestamp='1407253099' post='9862251']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
That bit of witty repartee just cut me right to the bone. I don't think I'll survive it...........

DJ should be gone, along with others, the next in line given a chance , to not be an idiot and so forth. This should apply to all high end athletics, just like the rest of us. Throw the key away and you do not get it back

Ping G410 10*  Fujikuri 40g shaft
TM  15* & 19* fairway

TM 790  6-PW

Cleveland 52,56,60  wedges
1990's 2ball

[quote name='gopherguts' timestamp='1407253099' post='9862251']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You hurt my feelings. :cry:

[quote name='502 to Right' timestamp='1407260400' post='9863177'][quote name='minitour' timestamp='1407254675' post='9862427']
So how many "strikes" does one get? Aren't you usually "out" after the third?
[/quote]

That's a good question and one we don't know the answer to since the PGA Tour covers up for their members.[/quote]

That was exactly what I was getting at. Someone at the Tour knows. How many times does the baby throw the spoon on the floor before you stop picking it up?

This is why it would be interesting if the regular golf media was magically replaced for a month with the NY sports or the national NFL media. The kind of reporters who have to fight for scoops for careers and paychecks. Uncomfortable questions would get asked, and stones uncovered.

M6 10.5
M4 3W
Titleist 816h 21
CF19 5-AW
SM6 54 & Cally PM 60
Byron Morgan 612
V1X/ERC Soft