2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Dustin Johnson...Leave of absence from golf ..Any news? (MERGED)

"I'm sorry but if I hear one more golf announcer show sympathy for DJ I'm gonna puke.."
+1
Tour made him millions, the Tour owes him nothing... and he won't be missed if he doesnt come back. If the tour, major sports leagues, players unions had any integrety they'd clean up the mess.

This kids got a chance to clean up his life unlike millions of unfortunate souls that don't have a million to flop down for the best expert rehab treatment while knowing 5 million is still being deposited in their account by a club manufacturer while they're checked in to a clinic attending drugs anonymous meetings.

The only way he changes is if he loses it all. Otherwise it'll be the same ol' storyline when he gets back and asks for your forgiveness and second chance so that his 10 million per year endoresment checks don't get nixed.

You're nuts if you feel sorry for this tour delinquent.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1407214884' post='9859989']
[quote name='502 to Right' timestamp='1407214405' post='9859941']
[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1407210481' post='9859655']
It's kinda interesting to me that while this thread has fermented to 100 proof and getting stinkier all the while, no-one, and I mean no-one out there with an ear to the rails and in the real know has said boo. Not diddly squat, to deny or confirm anything substantive about this entire leaky ship fairytale that has become a festering 39 page morally sanctimonious squawk fest rendered possible by so called ethically, morally and socially responsible members of the best golf website in the universe. Until such time that rumours, innuendo and any otherwise unproven claims are deemed credible by more than one reliable source, I challenge the mods, with all due respect, to shut this mother of a chin wag carnival down!
[/quote]

Feel free to excuse yourself from this thread. The fact that we haven't heard denials speaks volumes. I really don't expect Dustin Johnson to make a public announcement that he's a coke head and likes to fornicate with married women.
[/quote]
It speaks volumes of nothing. It simply creates the vacuum needed for quasi moralistic and uprighteous holier than thou gossip mongers to flourish in. You think you know and you attack like a shark to chum. Mindlessly, with full malice!
[/quote]

OK, lets be honest. Knowing right from wrong and saying, then you attacking people for doing so, suggests you're the almighty, holier than thou doesn't it?. You're establishing what you value has supposedly greater value than what others think and feel.

Calling a spade a spade, knowing right from wrong and good from bad, is what most people live by. Like adhering to 'all' rules and behavior, or knowing right from wrong regarding ROG, etc... DJ's behavior, for many reasons, has been wrong, even bad from what I know now. I honestly, had no idea about the affairs. Where did I learn about them; this thread and apparently lots of people have known about them too. His current behaivor was the needle that broke the camels back; not all that different from another named golfers behavior.

I can understand you might not like people or me speaking out about obviously bad behavior, but you using the words you chose, shows your predisposition too. Your choice, but you'd been better off not saying anything, as all you did was target people that have different values than you. Yep, some of us are moral people. that's what makes the world go around, when others are not so moral.

I honestly hope he pulls his life together. That said, his actions now set the tone as to how people see and greet him.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo Red 59S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • 718 T-MB 17 2i° Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW MMT 105S Wedge 113
  • SM10 F52/12, T58/4, DG200 127S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

[quote name='mrv52' timestamp='1407254890' post='9862461']
[quote name='minitour' timestamp='1407254675' post='9862427']
So how many "strikes" does one get? Aren't you usually "out" after the third?
[/quote]

Depends on what is defined as a "strike" I guess.

Random twitter and golf blog rumors probably are out of the strike zone dont you think?
[/quote]

Really?

[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1407266220' post='9863995']
It's kinda interesting to me that while this thread has fermented to 100 proof and getting stinkier all the while, no-one, and I mean no-one out there with an ear to the rails and in the real know has said boo. Not diddly squat, to deny or confirm anything substantive about this entire leaky ship fairytale that has become a festering 39 page morally sanctimonious squawk fest rendered possible by so called ethically, morally and socially responsible members of the best golf website in the universe. Until such time that rumours, innuendo and any otherwise unproven claims are deemed credible by more than one reliable source, I challenge the mods, with all due respect, to shut this mother of a chin wag carnival down!
[/quote]

Feel free to excuse yourself from this thread. The fact that we haven't heard denials speaks volumes. I really don't expect Dustin Johnson to make a public announcement that he's a coke head and likes to fornicate with married women.
[/quote]
It speaks volumes of nothing. It simply creates the vacuum needed for quasi moralistic and uprighteous holier than thou gossip mongers to flourish in. You think you know and you attack like a shark to chum. Mindlessly, with full malice!
[/quote]

OK, lets be honest. Knowing right from wrong and saying, then you attacking people for doing so, suggests you're the almighty, holier than thou doesn't it?. You're establishing what you value has supposedly greater value than what others think and feel.

Calling a spade a spade, knowing right from wrong and good from bad, is what most people live by. Like adhering to 'all' rules and behavior, or knowing right from wrong regarding ROG, etc... DJ's behavior, for many reasons, has been wrong, even bad from what I know now. I honestly, had no idea about the affairs. Where did I learn about them; this thread and apparently lots of people have known about them too. His current behaivor was the needle that broke the camels back; not all that different from another named golfers behavior.

I can understand you might not like people or me speaking out about obviously bad behavior, but you using the words you chose, shows your predisposition too. Your choice, but you'd been better off not saying anything, as all you did was target people that have different values than you. Yep, some of us are moral people. that's what makes the world go around, when others are not so moral.

I honestly hope he pulls his life together. That said, his actions now set the tone as to how people see and greet him.
[/quote]
I don't like bad people either nor do I support them in their activities. Once facts, rather than innuendo or tales from friends of friends and other questionable sources can be confirmed, I'll be happy to share my thoughts in this case. Until then, until the facts are in, I just think that declaring open season on DJ is premature.

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1407269607' post='9864457']
[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1407266220' post='9863995']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I don't like bad people either nor do I support them in their activities. Once facts, rather than innuendo or tales from freinds of freinds and other questionable sources can be confirmed, I'll be happy to share my thoughts in this case. Until then, until the facts are in, I just think that declaring open season on DJ is premature.
[/quote]

I can agree with that, and never like name calling or hateful personal insults from people that don't know the person in question. That said, I am rather confident saying, those facts, for a few reasons, are not likely to find their way to the public. We've seen it too many times. By saying that though, I am not suggesting we're entitled to them.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo Red 59S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • 718 T-MB 17 2i° Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW MMT 105S Wedge 113
  • SM10 F52/12, T58/4, DG200 127S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

[quote name='PZero' timestamp='1407266299' post='9864009']
[/quote]

Random twitter and golf blog rumors probably are out of the strike zone dont you think?
[/quote]

Really?
[/quote]

Educate me.

[/quote]

[/quote]

There are no rumors it is 110% true, the Tour has been trying to help him but they've had enough. DJ won't be back until he is clean, but he shouldn't be allowed back at all.

[quote name='superduperman' timestamp='1407275657' post='9865195']
[/quote]

[/quote]

There are no rumors it is 110% true, the Tour has been trying to help him but they've had enough. DJ won't be back until he is clean, but he shouldn't be allowed back at all.
[/quote]

Could you link that for me?

[quote name='mrv52' timestamp='1407275819' post='9865219']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
For me, too.....

Sure sure. [url="http://blog.envisialearning.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Clueless-Cover-2nd-Edition-JPEG.jpg"]Here's a link to someone providing detailed insider information (and proof of facts!) straight from PGA Tour headquarters that will certainly get them fired from their job at PGA Tour headquarters for leaking said information (and proof of facts!) to all you internet holier-than-thous.[/url]

Sooooooooooo much better than all these terrible terrible unsubstantiated, untrue, and downright unholy rumors with which heathens have ruined this thread!

[quote name='jmck' timestamp='1407280215' post='9865649']
Sure sure. [url="http://blog.envisialearning.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Clueless-Cover-2nd-Edition-JPEG.jpg"]Here's a link to someone providing detailed insider information (and proof of facts!) straight from PGA Tour headquarters that will certainly get them fired from their job at PGA Tour headquarters for leaking said information (and proof of facts!) to all you internet holier-than-thous.[/url]

Sooooooooooo much better than all these terrible terrible unsubstantiated, untrue, and downright unholy rumors with which heathens have ruined this thread!
[/quote]

That link had nothing to do with this topic

[quote name='jnradioactive' timestamp='1407281024' post='9865745']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry. Here's the right [url="http://www.ideachampions.com/heart/13%20its%20true.jpg"]link[/url]. Also, this is a interesting little study about [url="https://lyriquediscorde.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/fleetwood-mac-rumours.jpg"]rumors[/url].

[quote name='jmck' timestamp='1407282188' post='9865863']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry. Here's the right [url="http://www.ideachampions.com/heart/13%20its%20true.jpg"]link[/url]. Also, this is a interesting little study about [url="https://lyriquediscorde.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/fleetwood-mac-rumours.jpg"]rumors[/url].
[/quote]

Nice links, love Fleetwood Mac. Hard to correlate to DJ. What is the connection?

[b][color=#000080]Driver[/color] - [color=#0000cd][i]M3; 10[/i][/color]
[color=#000080]3 Wood[/color] - [color=#0000cd][i]Maltby KE4 Tour TC; 16[/i][/color]
[color=#000080]Hybrid 1[/color] - [i][color=#0000cd]Mizuno Fli-Hi; 21[/color][/i]
[color=#000080]Hybrid 2[/color] - [color=#0000cd][i]Maltby KE4 Tour HDI Hybrid; 25[/i][/color]
[color=#000080]5 iron to PW[/color] - [color=#0000cd][i]Maltby MMB[/i][/color]
[color=#000080]Wedge 1[/color] - [i][color=#0000cd]Maltby Tour Grind MG; 52[/color][/i]
[color=#000080]Wedge 2[/color] - [color=#0000cd][i]Maltby CER; 56[/i][/color]
[color=#000080]Wedge 3[/color] - [i][color=#0000cd]Callaway PM Wedge; 64[/color][/i]
[color=#000080]Putter[/color] - [color=#0000cd][i]Ping Zing 2[/i][/color][/b]

[quote name='S.A. OSO' timestamp='1407286953' post='9866487']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nice links, love Fleetwood Mac. Hard to correlate to DJ. What is the connection?
[/quote]

Because when it comes to DJ, Don't Stop his Gold Dust Woman because You Make Loving Fun. I have Dreams and you can just Go Your Own Way.

This thread needs to die!

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]Taylormade DLL+ 36"[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Richieswing' timestamp='1407243549' post='9861029']
Ok I'm sorry but if I hear one more golf announcer show sympathy for DJ I'm gonna puke. He's an extremely talented young man and probably the best athlete on tour. Yet he chooses to waste his talent by partying like a rock star and now it's it's caught up with him. Just look at the facts, who voluntarily resigns from the Ryder cup team? It's obvious he failed a drug test. The tour and Johnson's PR team can spin it however they want. Had he not failed his drug test DJ would have kept on doing what he was doing. The bottom line is he is a knuckle head. And, he'll never be GREAT! I said he will never be GREAT! Because greatness is only achieved with the greatest sacrifice. Right now DJ is having to sacrifice some time on tour for rehab but time will tell if he can stay rehabbed. I just don't see DJ willing to sacrifice everything for his love of playing golf.
[/quote]

2 things:

1) I can't really say that he's wasting talent if he wins every damned season, including this one

2) Thankfully not everyone feels like they need to sacrifice everything, for some other person's construct of what "greatness" is.

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1407253475' post='9862291']
[quote name='gopherguts' timestamp='1407253099' post='9862251']
[quote name='502 to Right' timestamp='1407215107' post='9859997']
[/quote]
[/quote]

Is this Dustin Johnson's mother? That would explain a lot.
[/quote]

Is this Golfwrx' "village idiot" ? That would explain a lot.
[/quote]
That bit of witty repartee just cut me right to the bone. I don't think I'll survive it...........
[/quote]

The fact that you require "denials" and in the absence of same assume the reports must be true should be all you need to "cut you(rself) to the bone". :lol:

You "holier than thou" types make me want to puke,,,,,,,

I managed to hurt YOUR feelings AND the guy I was "defending" - you know, the one who you asked if he was DJ's mom.

Damn I'm good (or maybe not ?),,,,,, :fie:[size=4] :lol::lol::lol:[/size]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#ff8c00][b]Cobra Bio Cell+[/b][/color]
[color=#000080][b]Adams A12 Pro 16, 20, 23[/b][/color]
[b][color=#696969]Ping G20, 5-SW, C-Taper stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#ff0000][b]TM xft wedge 64[/b][/color]
[b][color="#000000"]Scotty Futura X[/color][/b][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]ProV1x[/b][/font]

[quote name='gopherguts' timestamp='1407294035' post='9867421']

The fact that you require "denials" and in the absence of same assume the reports must be true should be all you need to "cut you(rself) to the bone". :lol:

You "holier than thou" types make me want to puke,,,,,,,

I managed to hurt YOUR feelings AND the guy I was "defending" - you know, the one who you asked if he was DJ's mom.

Damn I'm good (or maybe not ?),,,,,, :fie::lol::lol::lol:
[/quote]
Not.
Interestingly, gossip mongers and purveyors of untruths have the same effect on me.
PHHHFFFT...and they say opposites attract.............

[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1407277824' post='9865421']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
For me, too.....
[/quote]

From the mouth of a world top 20 player to my ears if you must know..if that isn't good enough then that's your problem. Been going on for years..players are glad he is gone. Kidding yourself if you think it's all unsubstantiated rumors.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So in other words, no. Got it.

[quote name='superduperman' timestamp='1407308192' post='9868407']
[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1407277824' post='9865421']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
For me, too.....
[/quote]

From the mouth of a world top 20 player to my ears if you must know..if that isn't good enough then that's your problem. Been going on for years..players are glad he is gone. Kidding yourself if you think it's all unsubstantiated rumors.
[/quote]

It is really not a problem for me.

Ironic that you have provided another unsubstantiated rumor to try and tell us that it is not and unsubstantiated rumor.