2024 The Ascendant WITB Photos ×

Nike 2015 - Vapor is here! Drivers and Irons have released. Short game coming in April.

wldchld22

Was surprised to find lefties in the Nike bag, so assembled a Vapor Pro and S+ 60 X at 9.5/neutral. Looked perfect at address, and was simply stunning. Sounded perfect, felt perfect, and launched so nicely with crazy ball speed. Wish I would have waited until it came out!

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X 
Titleist TSR2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid w/ Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3 iron w/ KBS Tour V S HS'd
Titleist 716CB 4-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM7 Slate Blue 54.10 (1* strong) and 58.08 with Onyx DGTI S400
PING PLD Anser D 35"

2021 ProV1 or Left Dash ProV1x (or random other tour quality balls LOL)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to a Nike Performance Fitting...

Been playing the VR Limited since it came out...10.5 BlueBoard 83X

Hit it on Trackman and average carry was 278...pretty happy with my driver

Rep says I can beat that which sounded great!

He put me in the pro head 11.5 neutral with S+ 70X...

Average carry with the pro was at 285 with a few at 290...

Emailed my rep and its on the way!

Nike VR Limited 10.5 BlueBoard 83x
Nike VR Limited 15* BlueBoard 83x
Adams Pro 21* Fubuki AX 82x
Adams XTD Forged 4-Pw DG
Titleist Vokey 50* 55* 60* TI DG
Scotty Cameron 009 33 Inch

[quote name='pdaero' timestamp='1422752334' post='10859115']
Was surprised to find lefties in the Nike bag, so assembled a Vapor Pro and S+ 60 X at 9.5/neutral. Looked perfect at address, and was simply stunning. Sounded perfect, felt perfect, and launched so nicely with crazy ball speed. Wish I would have waited until it came out!
[/quote]

But watcha get?

I went to my local shop for their Nike Demo Day today. I just could not get over the sound of the Vapor Pro driver, not to mention the overall performance of the club. I've been a 910D2 fan/user for the last few seasons and I was looking for lower spin and tighter dispersion. I hit the ball long enough but the spin from the 910D2 makes my bad swings terrible. Nevertheless, I am a proud new owner of a Vapor Pro Driver. So pumped!

[quote name='hokieputter' timestamp='1422752866' post='10859157']Picked up a Speed driver and 3w yesterday. Planning to play a Kai'li in the driver and an ilima in the 3w. Can't wait to test them out.[/quote]
Definitely want to hear reviews on the 3 wood.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

I got to play 18 with the Flex today and it is definitely the best sounding and feeling club I've hit in quite awhile. I played it at 9.5 with the stock Diamana and it was pretty solid. I hit some big drives with it for being cold and wet, but as Pure745 has said it will be the misses that make this a stayer or a go'er. I've never played the blue and will have to get on a launch monitor to test it against the Pro and the Rogue. My only complaint is I wish the face was a bit deeper but all in all I think Nike will come out on top this year:

So I have been playing the DBD for a month or so and been very happy. Much better than my old sldr but for some odd reason I really wanted to hit the NIKE.

So today after getting off a plane I headed over to local golf store with my DBD and tried the Flex and the Pro. I warmed up with the DBD and was average 14.5 launch 2,400 spin not bad and ball speed was 150

Flex -- first off the looks are amazing and going in if I was going to get a new driver this is what I thought it would be. I was shocked by the footprint too because it looks bigger than DBD despite being 40 CCS smaller. Feel is subjective but for me this felt too soft. Didn't really like that. When hit the ball jumped but misses were like my sldr so finished with that quickly.

Pro - looks amazing, feel amazing. Ah Oh... first ball 15 launch 2100 spin ball speed 154.. no I don't want to buy another driver. Second swing same thing, third swing 156 ball speed, 4th swing completely miss it and think it is going to suck. To my surprise launch goes down but ball speed stays above 150. I am thinking maybe I wasn't warmed up with my DBD. So I switch back but can't get ball speeds higher than 150. Go back to the pro and continue to strip it.

One last thing - both the pro and the Flex felt significantly lighter than the DBD.

Love this driver so being the professional golf Ho I bought it. We will see tomorrow as I have a round of golf in the am but if the launch monitor was any indication nike has a winner.

Well, the SLDR is still firmly in the bag. I tried all of them, flex, pro, and speed. I used every setting and loft combination possible with the fubuki and diamana shafts both X flex. On the foresight launch monitor the best I got was with the Flex. Just to make sure, after hitting off and on for an hour and a half, I went to the car and got my SLDR. First hit was 10yds longer than anything I'd hit all night and I was dead tired! Oh well, sure was fun to try though.

Play full 18 holes tomorrow with the Vapor Pro. Hopefully the good drives carries over to the 4-5 holes I played with it so far.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

[quote name='willsnope' timestamp='1422687142' post='10854933']
I unfortunately had the opposite experience today, went to my local roger Dunn for fitting day 1000% sure I was walking out with a new vapor speed. Hit some to warm up, hit my current driver (r1 with white tie reg flex tipped about a half inch). Decent numbers for me, launch around 12* decent carry to roll out and the fitters is good with these numbers for my handicap. So he set up the speed with the diamana in a stiff(as was 99-103)...can't get the thing about 8*. (I know it's my swing to blame partially) so next we try the fubuki in stiff...launch goes up to 10* still short of my current drivers numbers by about 20 yards. Unfortunately the fitting stopped there, he didn't have any other shafts for me to try. I really want this driver to work cause I'd like the added forgiveness but these launch numbers were scaring me enough to hold on buying one.

Any suggestions?
[/quote]

lets try it again hahahaha

It could just be that the driver doesn't work for you...I didn't hit the speed, but I couldn't get the pro or flex to really work. Based on everything I've heard and read I wanted to like them and expected the Pro specifically to be pretty close to the D3, but I was overdrawing both, some borderline snap hooks. And no it wan't just a bad swing day...was doing a little FW comparo for myself so after the Pro/Flex I snagged a 915Fd 15* and popped a couple out between 256-261 perfect with a baby draw.

EDIT: I would chalk those launch numbers up to the Diamana shafts, but in my experience the Fubuki, while not great for other reasons, has no problem getting the ball in the air. Maybe if you can try something lighter...I hit the M+ Red 50 the other day and while I don't like the Diamana shafts, it was launching to the moon. Feel was much better than the Blue/White IMO.

[quote name='SwooshLT' timestamp='1422752484' post='10859131']
[/quote]
But watcha get?
[/quote]

915D2. Not sad with my choice at all - it's going to be a great club for me! Amazing how much stiffer the D+ 60 X is than the S+ 60 X.

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X 
Titleist TSR2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid w/ Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3 iron w/ KBS Tour V S HS'd
Titleist 716CB 4-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM7 Slate Blue 54.10 (1* strong) and 58.08 with Onyx DGTI S400
PING PLD Anser D 35"

2021 ProV1 or Left Dash ProV1x (or random other tour quality balls LOL)

[quote name='pbfoot' timestamp='1422766002' post='10860327']
It could just be that the driver doesn't work for you...I didn't hit the speed, but I couldn't get the pro or flex to really work. Based on everything I've heard and read I wanted to like them and expected the Pro specifically to be pretty close to the D3, but I was overdrawing both, some borderline snap hooks. And no it wan't just a bad swing day...was doing a little FW comparo for myself so after the Pro/Flex I snagged a 915Fd 15* and popped a couple out between 256-261 perfect with a baby draw.

EDIT: I would chalk those launch numbers up to the Diamana shafts, but in my experience the Fubuki, while not great for other reasons, has no problem getting the ball in the air. Maybe if you can try something lighter...I hit the M+ Red 50 the other day and while I don't like the Diamana shafts, it was launching to the moon. Feel was much better than the Blue/White IMO.
[/quote]

i plan on demoing one when the used ones come back and taking it to the range for actual side by side comparison

Took 5 swings each today for the first time. These feel different than the covert line for sure.

Not sure how to describe im the feel. A little more solid and the sounds are amazing.

Here are the averages of my 5 drives. Taken from the lousy PGATSS bay but maybe it helps people who are between drivers.

[attachment=2597237:image.jpg]

[attachment=2597239:image.jpg]

Has anyone gone with the Vapor Pro/Oban Kyoshi Gold combo?

Read that a few have tested it but unfortunately my shop doesn't have the shaft.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9.5*
Taylormade M4 Tour 3wood
Nike VRS 18* & 21* Hybrids
TaylorMade P790 5-PW
TaylorMade Milled Grind 50..54..58
Scotty Cameron 009m
Bridgestone Tour Bx

Any suggestions for a higher launching, lower spinning set up in the Pro or Flex? Stock options were spinning off the charts

Titleist TSR3 Driver
Titleist TSR3 15 3-Wood
Titleist u500 2i
Titleist T100 Irons 4-P
Titleist Vokey Wedges 50, 54, 58
TM Spider Tour 
Titleist Pro V1

Greyson with Footjoy Shoes & Gloves

I finally got to hit the Vapor Pro driver yesterday and I think I'm definitely in the minority here but I just didn't like it all. It's such a good looking driver so I really wanted to like it but I was just really inconsistent with it. Not just on my accuracy but my distances were all over the place as well. Granted it was only on a simulator so I will be giving it another shot outside but first impression didn't go so well.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | Aldila Tour Green 75TX

5 Wood: Taylormade Stealth 2 | Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 90TX

Hybrid: Adams Red | Fujikura Speeder HB 95X

Irons: Srixon ZX7 MK II | Dynamic Gold TI X100

Wedges: Cleveland RTX6 | Dynamic Gold TI S400

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour S CB

[quote name='pdaero' timestamp='1422768116' post='10860465']
[quote name='SwooshLT' timestamp='1422752484' post='10859131']
[/quote]
But watcha get?
[/quote]

915D2. Not sad with my choice at all - it's going to be a great club for me! Amazing how much stiffer the D+ 60 X is than the S+ 60 X.
[/quote]

There aren't any BAD choices. .....also lefty and I committed to waiting on hitting the FLEX (demo day Wednesday) SLDR working decently but from what I've heard the sound of the FLEX is up my alley!

[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1422779744' post='10860865']
Took 5 swings each today for the first time. These feel different than the covert line for sure.

Not sure how to describe im the feel. A little more solid and the sounds are amazing.

Here are the averages of my 5 drives. Taken from the lousy PGATSS bay but maybe it helps people who are between drivers.

[/quote]

What would you attribute the 5mph difference in clubhead speed? Also higher peak height with FLEX? Where all settings the same?

[quote name='SwooshLT' timestamp='1422802167' post='10861601']
[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1422779744' post='10860865']

[/quote]

What would you attribute the 5mph difference in clubhead speed? Also higher peak height with FLEX? Where all settings the same?
[/quote]

I found that the head felt heavier on the flex,maybe that's why there was more head speed? I hit the flex further and straighter as well it's the real deal man

As long as you don't use this thing for chipping, you should be fine.

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

[quote name='Lesmond' timestamp='1422677023' post='10854141']
[attachment=2595127:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1422676751.423267.jpg]
[attachment=2595129:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1422676759.227349.jpg]
[attachment=2595131:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1422676767.648763.jpg][attachment=2595133:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1422676845.370651.jpg]
[attachment=2595135:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1422676889.793184.jpg]
[/quote]

That vapor hat is slick! I have yet to see them at any store in my area as of yet.

Got a chance to test these out today and walked away impressed. To re-iterate what others have said the Flex is amazing. I have a Covert Tour 2.0 right now and fully expected to love the Pro. The Pro, however, sets up closed and I just couldn't get used to the address. The result was every shot went left. The Flex sets up nice and open.

I tested the following clubs today:

1. Flex 10.5 S+ Stiff.
2. 915D2 10.5 S+ Stiff

I loved being able to hit the exact same shaft in each head.

Length: the Flex was only slightly longer. I hit the Flex MUCH lower so the runout was farther.

Shot Shape: as mentioned above the Flex was just much lower in height. It went straight for the most part. The D2 had epic high draws. I mean they were pretty but a little too high. I didn't play with the Flex weight at all so I think a little more testing is in order.

Looks: Subjective but the Flex is miles better looking. Side by side the D2 looks like a massive blob. Gonna give the D3 a shot as well next time.

Feel: the D2 felt AMAZING. It clearly matched my swing today. The Flex felt amazing as well most of the time. What's crazy is that the shots that didn't feel the best went the furthest with the Flex. Clearly needs some tuning.

Next time I'm going to test a D3 9.5 vs the Flex 9.5. I do want to say that both clubs, even in 10.5 lofts, are 10 yards further on average than my Stage 2 Tour 9.0 and my Covert Tour 2.0 9.5. I actually this has to do with the S+ shaft. It feels amazing. I think the Flex is going to win this battle for me in a few weeks. I need to research that weight and see whether it can raise my ball flight.

On a side note, the Vapor 3w looks AMAZING. Love what Nike is doing!! That will be tested against my Stage 2 3W at a later date.

[quote name='Pritam' timestamp='1422821858' post='10863615']Got a chance to test these out today and walked away impressed. To re-iterate what others have said the Flex is amazing. I have a Covert Tour 2.0 right now and fully expected to love the Pro. The Pro, however, sets up closed and I just couldn't get used to the address. The result was every shot went left. The Flex sets up nice and open.

I tested the following clubs today:

1. Flex 10.5 S+ Stiff.
2. 915D2 10.5 S+ Stiff

I loved being able to hit the exact same shaft in each head.

Length: the Flex was only slightly longer. I hit the Flex MUCH lower so the runout was farther.

Shot Shape: as mentioned above the Flex was just much lower in height. It went straight for the most part. The D2 had epic high draws. I mean they were pretty but a little too high. I didn't play with the Flex weight at all so I think a little more testing is in order.

Looks: Subjective but the Flex is miles better looking. Side by side the D2 looks like a massive blob. Gonna give the D3 a shot as well next time.

Feel: the D2 felt AMAZING. It clearly matched my swing today. The Flex felt amazing as well most of the time. What's crazy is that the shots that didn't feel the best went the furthest with the Flex. Clearly needs some tuning.

Next time I'm going to test a D3 9.5 vs the Flex 9.5. I do want to say that both clubs, even in 10.5 lofts, are 10 yards further on average than my Stage 2 Tour 9.0 and my Covert Tour 2.0 9.5. I actually this has to do with the S+ shaft. It feels amazing. I think the Flex is going to win this battle for me in a few weeks. I need to research that weight and see whether it can raise my ball flight.

On a side note, the Vapor 3w looks AMAZING. Love what Nike is doing!! That will be tested against my Stage 2 3W at a later date.[/quote]

The Pro is 1 deg open in neutral, . 5 deg closed in left. In the neutral setting it appeared square to slightly open to me.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

[quote name='minteq' timestamp='1422822120' post='10863647']
[quote name='Pritam' timestamp='1422821858' post='10863615']Got a chance to test these out today and walked away impressed. To re-iterate what others have said the Flex is amazing. I have a Covert Tour 2.0 right now and fully expected to love the Pro. The Pro, however, sets up closed and I just couldn't get used to the address. The result was every shot went left. The Flex sets up nice and open. [/quote]

The Pro is 1 deg open in neutral, . 5 deg closed in left. In the neutral setting it appeared square to slightly open to me.
[/quote]

Yeah. I'm going to go back and re-check the Pro. It was probably just a grip thing with me.

Bummed I won't be able to play until next weekend but stoked I finally picked up this baby. The Flex sounds and feels amazing but in the long run I'm pretty sure I'm going to like the added forgiveness of the Pro. I was also really impressed with the R15 TP with the new Speeder shaft but not for $150 more. Curious about the G30 LS so I'll probably check that out once they are released but in pretty sure I'm going Volt this year

[attachment=2598109:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1422824769.209197.jpg]

Titleist TR2 - Graphite design DI

Titleist Tsi2 - 15*

Callaway Apex 20*

Srixon ZX 7 4-PW

Cleveland Zipcore 54* & 58*

Odyssey #7 CH

[attachment=2598123:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1422825326.474176.jpg]

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

[quote name='Lesmond' timestamp='1422825338' post='10864067'][attachment=2598123:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1422825326.474176.jpg][/quote]

Man will you quit posting pics of green grass! We are getting dumped on right now, supposed to be another 12". Of course I am just messing with you, glad you are enjoying the nice weather. Hit em straight.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X