APPLY HERE: Titleist 915 D2 and D3 driver-fitting testing thread!

Sat, Dec 6th in Houston

Current driver Cobra Bio Cell plus with UST Elements Chrome 6F4T shaft at 44.5 inches, SW D3
I haven't played a Titleist driver since the 975D and curious to see how it plays
Index 6.0
Left handed
I have been fit for a shaft but not for a full fitting
I am willing to spend the time reviewing this online.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR2 with Metaflex 5H shaft 
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys.. Thanks for the opportunity.

What is your current driver / shaft combination?

Callaway alpha 10.5 with diamana d+ 72 x flex shaft

Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?

Always thought Titleist made the best looking drivers, just didn't have the launch characteristics I was looking for

Your Current Handicap?
+2.1

Are you righty or lefty?
Righty

Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver?
No I have not

If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?

Yes, I agree

Sat Dec 6 Jacksonville!

[color=#282828]WEST Region[/color]

[color=#282828]Choice #1 [/color]Valencia, CA (Saturday, Dec. 6, 2014)
Choice #2 Burbank, CA (Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2014)
Choice #3 Glendale, CA (Friday, Dec. 5, 2014)

What is your current driver / shaft combination? Ping i25 / Reg
15 HCP
Right Hand
Never Fit
Agree to participate in an ongoing review thread

[color=#282828]
I would love to participate in the [b]Dec. 06 Jacksonville[/b] fitting.[/color][list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination?
[*][b]Titleist 910 D3 8.5º / Diamana 'ahina 72g Stiff[/b]
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?
[*][b][color="#282828"]I love Titleist clubs. They're consistent. I have a high swing speed, and I can always trust their products to be tour-quality. Not gimmicky like some other brands. If I upgraded drivers right now, it would be to another Titleist so of course I would love to test one. I also love the idea of getting to write about it. It's something I think I would be good at and would enjoy.[/color][/b]
[*]Your Current Handicap?
[*][b]6-10[/b]
[*]Are you righty or lefty?
[*][b]Righty[/b]
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver?
[*][b]No.[/b]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?
[*][b][color="#282828"]Absolutely. I can shoot the photos w/ a Canon 5D Mark III with whatever lens you want (50mm, 70-200mm, etc.) to insure high quality images, and I would consider myself a decent writer with a strong affinity for correct grammar and punctuation.[/color][/b]
[/list]

Midwest for me! I would love to be in Houston, TX on Saturday, December 13[list]
[*][color="#282828"]What is your current driver / shaft combination? [/color][color="#ff0000"][b]Bio Cell Pro with white tie 6X3 stiff...also have this shaft for my 910 8.5* Titleist[/b][/color]
[*][color=#282828]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? [/color][color="#ff0000"][b]Hearing great things about it and want to put one in the bag! All my other clubs are Titleist.[/b][/color]
[*]Your Current Handicap? [color=#ff0000][b]7[/b][/color]
[*]Are you righty or lefty? [color=#ff0000][b]Right[/b][/color]
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver [color=#ff0000][b]Yes...when I bought my 910[/b][/color]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? [b]Would love to share the information and experience with anyone who will listen/read![/b]
[/list][color=#282828]
[b]​THANKS FOR OFFER![/b][/color]

West Region

[color=#282828][size=4]Choice #1 [/size][/color][color=#282828][size=4]Valencia, CA (Saturday, Dec. 6, 2014)[/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4]Choice #2 Burbank, CA (Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2014)[/size][/color]
[color=#282828][size=4]Choice #3 Glendale, CA (Friday, Dec. 5, 2014[/size][/color]

[color=#282828][size=4]Current Driver: TaylorMade SLDR 460 9.5 Neutral, TaylorMade/Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 7.2 S flex (tipped 1/2") 45" playing length, D3[/size][/color]

[color=#282828][size=4]I was professionally fit for an r11, and have built my current driver to match it.[/size][/color]

[color=#282828][size=4]I have (barely 5 balls), hit the 915 D3 indoors with the Diamana D+ 70 shaft and want to take the fitting full-scale, based on the initial impressions and from my goals with improving my driving accuracy.[/size][/color]

[color=#282828][size=4]I play right handed to a 2 hdcp, and had scores between 70 and 85 this year. Sometimes I miss, wild right with my SLDR.[/size][/color]

[color=#282828][size=4]I agree to have a great time at the fitting and contribute [/size]extensively[size=4] to this thread with posts and photos (and other projects similar with through WRX). Looking forward to an opportunity![/size][/color]

Titleist TS3 9.5* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 70 Limited White X
Titleist TS2 15* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 80 Limited White X 
Titleist TS2 21* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 80 Limited White X 

Titleist 718 CB 4-P DGS300
Titleist Vokey raw SM6, 50-8F, 56-12F, SM7 60-08M S300
Cameron Select Newport 2 with SS Flatso 1.0
Pro V1X

[quote name='atursky' timestamp='1415742554' post='10431033']
[attachment=2494865:TESTING_TITLEIST915.png]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/246529/titleist-915-drivers-fairway-woods-and-hybrids/"]Titleist 915 D2 and D3 drivers[/url] will be available in stores on November 14, but we're looking for three fitters -- one from the West, Mid-West and East regions -- to get an exclusive driver fitting from Titleist, a free driver built to their specs, then write about the new club and fitting experience in a forum testing thread.

Do you want to test the new Titleist 915 drivers and be part of the experience? Read how to apply below.

[attachment=2493673:WRXtitleist.jpg]

[color=#282828][color=#B22222][b]TO APPLY:[/b][/color][/color]
[color=#282828]Testers must be willing to drive/travel to one of the Titleist fitting locations on the following dates:[/color]

[color=#282828]WEST Region[/color][list]
[*]Burbank, CA (Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2014)
[*]Glendale, CA (Friday, Dec. 5, 2014)
[*]Valencia, CA (Saturday, Dec. 6, 2014)
[*]Palos Verdes, CA (Wednesday, Dec. 10, 2014)
[/list]
[color=#282828]MidWest Region[/color][list]
[*]Houston, TX (Thurs. Dec. 4, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Fri. Dec. 5, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Sat. Dec. 6, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Thurs. Dec. 11, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Fri. Dec. 12, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Sat. Dec. 13, 2014)
[/list]
[color=#282828]EAST Region[/color][list]
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Thurs. Dec. 4, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Fri. Dec. 5, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Sat. Dec. 6, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Thurs. Dec. 11, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Fri. Dec. 12, 2014)
[/list]
[color=#282828][b]ENTRY:[/b][/color]

[color=#282828]In a post below, enter the REGION, LOCATION and DATE you wish to participate in a fitting for a new Titleist 915 driver. By participating in this giveaway, you agree to write about your fitting experience and review your driver in a testing thread. [/color]In addition,[color=#282828] answer the following questions:[/color][list]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?
[/list]
[color=#282828]Usually these testing threads fill up fast, so apply ASAP! Three winners will be chosen at random -- one from the WEST, MidWest and EAST regions -- on Nov. 26, 2014.[/color]
[/quote]

I currently play a Cobra Bio Cell stiff shaft driver. I purchased the driver off the rack with the standard shaft that it comes with. I have never played Titleist clubs and would love to see what all the fuss is about. I currently play to a 13 as a right handed golfer. I have been fit for a driver but it lasted about 3 months in my bag. I will do whatever is asked of me to participate in the test. Saturday 12/6 or Wednesday 12/10

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/246529/titleist-915-drivers-fairway-woods-and-hybrids/"]Titleist 915 D2 and D3 drivers[/url] will be available in stores on November 14, but we're looking for three fitters -- one from the West, Mid-West and East regions -- to get an exclusive driver fitting from Titleist, a free driver built to their specs, then write about the new club and fitting experience in a forum testing thread.

Do you want to test the new Titleist 915 drivers and be part of the experience? Read how to apply below.

[color=#282828]Testers must be willing to drive/travel to one of the Titleist fitting locations on the following dates:[/color]

[/list]
[/list]
[/list]

[color=#282828]In a post below, enter the REGION, LOCATION and DATE you wish to participate in a fitting for a new Titleist 915 driver. By participating in this giveaway, you agree to write about your fitting experience and review your driver in a testing thread. [/color]In addition,[color=#282828] answer the following questions:[/color][list]
[/list]
[color=#282828]Usually these testing threads fill up fast, so apply ASAP! Three winners will be chosen at random -- one from the WEST, MidWest and EAST regions -- on Nov. 26, 2014.[/color]
[/quote]

[/list]
[/list]
[/list]

[/list]
[/quote]

Midwest Region - Fri Dec 6th

1. Ping g30 stock stiff shaft

2. I really enjoy hitting all new club offerings and have been retooling my bag towards titleist clubs. A professional fitting could also help my game.

3. 18

4. Right handed
5. No never been fitted for a driver.

5. I agree and would enjoy providing a write-up of the event and discussion after.

Thanks

I'm available for December dates in Midwest Houston,Tx expect December 6th due to golf tourney... I'am currently a 10 handicap and play with taylormade sldr mini driver with a 57 gram fujikura speeder stuff shaft... It would be an honor to try out the beautiful art of titleist .. I'm a righty... Please pick me I'm currently looking into converting my clubs. I've never been professionally fitted but it would be honor to get fitted . Thank you I agree to continue if choose for reviews and treads

West region, Burbank, CA; Wednesday December 3rd, 2014

Currently gaming a TaylorMade R11 10.5deg with a stiff flex Fujikura Blur 60g shaft

I'd like to test the new Titleist 915 driver because I've never done a club test before, I like Titleist woods (I play a 910F 3 wood and 3 hybrid), it is fun to play new clubs, and driving is a strength of my game. I feel I can acurately feel and judge the effects of mishits vs solid shots.

Current handicap is 7

I'm right handed

I have never been professionally fit for a driver before

I agree to participate in an ongoing review thread about the driver

I am available for Jacksonville any of the Friday or Saturday fittings.

* What is your current driver / shaft combination?
Taylormade SLDR 12.5 with Oban Devotion 6 number 4 shaft

* Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?
Used to play 910D3 and really loved the club, plus I play AP2 irons and Vokey wedges.

* Your Current Handicap?

* Are you righty or lefty
Righty

* Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver?
Yes for a TM R11s a few years ago

I do agree to posting review threads, pictures etc...

West region, Burbank, CA, Wednesday Dec. 3.
Taylormade R1 with adila trinity shaft stiff.
I would like to try and test the Titleist 915 driver because I've heard it's amazing and the best technology out there.
My current handicap is 0.9.
I'm a righty.
I have never been professionally fitted for a driver.
I do agree to participate in the review and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club.
Thank you so much for the opportunity.

[b]West Coast fitting interest[/b]
Burbank, CA (Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2014)
Glendale, CA (Friday, Dec. 5. 2014)
Valencia, CA (Saturday, Dec. 6 2014)
Palos Verdes CA (Wednesday, Dec. 10 2014)

[b]Current Driver[/b]
- Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 9.5 w/ Project X 6.0 Stiff

[b]Why do I want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?[/b]
- Eager to see the head and shaft combinations Titleist is going to present in a highly competitive market. Plus I am currently in the Market for a new Driver and would like to see if the 915 can be the next Driver in my bag. And finally... Because I am a left hander I have attended demo days and there wasn't a large selection of options and combinations for me to try. It would be nice to have some options.

[b]My Current Handicap?[/b]

[b]Righty or Lefty?[/b]
- Lefty

[b]Have I ever been fitted for a driver?[/b]
- Yes the current driver in my bag

[b][color="#000000"]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?[/color][/b]
[color="#000000"] - Yes... I would be very much enjoy and appreciate the opportunity to share my insight and opinion on the performance of the 915.[/color]

[color="#000000"]Thank you for the opportunity[/color]

Callaway Optiforce 9.5* D3 SW Aldila Tour Green JV X flex
Callaway X Hot Pro 15* Aldila Tour Green Stiff
Adams 20* Mini Pro Aldila Tour Green Striff
Mizuno MP 54 4-9 Project X 6.0
Cleveland BP RTX 46* 52* 58* TT W Flex
Cleveland CG 15 DSG 62* W Flex
Odyssey Rossie 2 33.5"

[b]West Coast fitting interest[/b]
Burbank, CA (Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2014)
Glendale, CA (Friday, Dec. 5. 2014)
Valencia, CA (Saturday, Dec. 6 2014)
Palos Verdes CA (Wednesday, Dec. 10 2014)

[b]Current Driver[/b]
- Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 9.5 w/ Project X 6.0 Stiff

[b]Why do I want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?[/b]
- Eager to see the head and shaft combinations Titleist is going to present in a highly competitive market. Plus I am currently in the Market for a new Driver and would like to see if the 915 can be the next Driver in my bag. And finally... Because I am a left hander I have attended demo days and there wasn't a large selection of options and combinations for me to try. It would be nice to have some options.

[b]My Current Handicap?[/b]

[b]Righty or Lefty?[/b]
- Lefty

[b]Have I ever been fitted for a driver?[/b]
- Yes the current driver in my bag

[b][color="#000000"]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?[/color][/b]
[color="#000000"] - Yes... I would be very much enjoy and appreciate the opportunity to share my insight and opinion on the performance of the 915.[/color]

[color="#000000"]Thank you for the opportunity[/color]

Callaway Optiforce 9.5* D3 SW Aldila Tour Green JV X flex
Callaway X Hot Pro 15* Aldila Tour Green Stiff
Adams 20* Mini Pro Aldila Tour Green Striff
Mizuno MP 54 4-9 Project X 6.0
Cleveland BP RTX 46* 52* 58* TT W Flex
Cleveland CG 15 DSG 62* W Flex
Odyssey Rossie 2 33.5"

West region, Burbank, CA, Wednesday Dec. 3.
Taylormade R1 with adila trinity shaft stiff.
I would like to try and test the Titleist 915 driver because I've heard it's amazing and the best technology out there.
My current handicap is 0.9.
I'm a righty.
I have never been professionally fitted for a driver.
I do agree to participate in the review and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club.
Thank you so much for the opportunity.

[b]ENTRY: [/b][b]I am available for the following location/dates:[/b][list]
[/list][list]
[/list]
Taylormade SLDR 460 - with Matrix Ozik F7M2 LTD XFlex[list]
[/list]
Would like to compare to the SLDR. Have heard great things about Titleist drivers, and would like to know if this is better suited for me.[list]
[/list]
4.4 index[list]
[/list]
Righty[list]
[/list]
Yes. Multiple Trackman fitting sessions over the years.[list]
[/list]
Would absolutely love to participate in giving feedback on the club.

[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? - Titleist 913 D2 7.5 w/ Fujikura Fuel TS - X @ 44.25"
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? - I've been a long time Titleist loyalist, and have only gamed a Titleist driver since the 973 series, so I feel I can offer a very fair comparison to how the new 915 compares the the previous Titleist driver
[*]Your Current Handicap? - 1.4 index
[*]Are you a lefty or a righty? - Righty
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? - Yes, multiple times
[*]I very much agree to be involved in the fitting and feedback process, I will do my best to represent the Golf WRX community in the best way possible, while providing honest and complete feedback
[/list]

Any date in Houston is fine by me...
What is your current driver / shaft combination? SLDR 430 Oban purple Xflex
Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?
To see if this version can beat the Trackman numbers on my current driver
Your Current Handicap? 0.1
Are you righty or lefty?right
Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? I have been to Taylormade Kingdom twice on my own tab..
If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?
Sure thing reviews will be detailed and 100% honest

[color=#282828]EAST Region[/color]

[color=#282828]I can attend any of the follow dates in Jacksonville[/color][list]
[/list][list]
[/list]
Titleist 913 D3 9.5 with Aldila ATX65 Tour Green Stiff Shaft[list]
[/list]
I am anxious to compare the 915D3 to my 913D3 and and how much it will reduce spin and be more forgiving across the face. I have heard the driver has a tab bit deeper face which would help me because my miss is usually higher on the face which produces too much spin. I love my Aldila Tour Green and would like to compare it to the Rouge shafts and see what is best for my swing.[list]
[/list]
6 Handicap[list]
[/list]
Righty[list]
[/list]
No[list]
[/list]
Yes, I would love to share the fitting experience with others!

I would very much appreciate the blessing of being fit for the new Titleist 915 driver.

West Region, December 6, Valencia, CA.

My current combo is a 913 D2 8.5* B1 setting with a diamana whiteboard 73-x

I don't believe I have found the optimal driver head/shaft combo as I hit my irons further than most the guys I play with, yet I am constantly out driven by them by a good distance.

My handicap is 2.

I'm right handed.

I was professionally fit 3 years ago.

I would be happy to provide any additional information or feedback post fitting and assist anyway possible.

Thank you for the opportunity and it would be a tremendous blessing to be picked!

[list]
[*]I'm in the West region and would like the Burbank date
[*]My current driver is a 909 D2 with a YS6+ stiff shaft
[*]I'd like to try the 915 for the adjustability and to gain a yards
[*]current handicap is 14
[*]I'm a lefty
[*]I was fit for my current driver at the Titleist facility in Oceanside
[*]Yes I agree to do the articles and pics
[*]Pick me!!!
[/list]

Western Region: I can drive to the Glendale fitting on Friday December 5th.

Current Driver: PING i15 11degrees with UST Mamiya AxivCore Stiff 69 grams
Why?: I want to gain more consistent distance and feel off the club face. The PING loses quite a lot of yardage on the slightest mishits.
Current Handicap: 6
Right handed
I have been professionally fit for my PING driver a few years ago, I am familiar with professional fittings
I would very much like to continue with the ongoing thread and take pictures and testimonials for the club if chosen.

Thanks,
Patrick

[i][b]West Region [/b][/i]
[i][b]Palos Verdes [/b][/i]
[i][b]December 10th 2014[/b][/i][list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? [i][b]913 D2 9.5 X-Stiff Diamana 62[/b][/i]
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? [i][b]I have been playing with Titleist clubs and balls since I was a kid.[/b][/i]
[*]Your Current Handicap? [i][b]10 [/b][/i]
[*]Are you righty or lefty?[i][b] Right[/b][/i]
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver?[b][i] No[/i][/b]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? [b][i]Absolutely[/i][/b]
[/list]