2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

APPLY HERE: Titleist 915 D2 and D3 driver-fitting testing thread!

[color=#282828]Hi there,[/color]

[color=#282828]I am in Canada, but for this fiiting I would make my way to [/color]Palos Verdes, CA on Wednesday, Dec. 10, 2014 or Valencia, CA Saturday, Dec. 6, 2014 ( in the afternoon)[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? - I play 913 D3 with Tour AD DI-6S
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? I don't feel like I am getting everything I could out of my current setup and I would love to see what a real fitting could do for my game
[*]Your Current Handicap? 7.6
[*]Are you righty or lefty? Righty
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? No
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Yes
[/list]

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[list]
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Fri. Dec. 12, 2014)
[*][size=4]What is your current driver / shaft combination? Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 9* W/ Matrix 6M3 Black Tie in Stiff, tipped 1''. 44.5". Golf Pride Z-Grip Cord +2 wraps, logo down. [/size]
[/list]
[list]
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? I am quite happy with my current setup, but I feel that I am still leaving something on the table in terms of distance and dispersion. I had the 910 D2 and loved it, Titleist always makes an excellent player's club, and the buzz on these intrigues me.
[*]Your Current Handicap? I carry a .5 Index
[*]Are you righty or lefty? Right Handed
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? No, and I really want to see the differences that come with a professional fitting.
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Without a doubt, YES.
[/list]

Callaway Mavrick Sub Zero 9* / Aldila Rip'd NV 65X
Taylormade SLDR 15* / Aldila Copper XTorsion 70X
Yonix Ezone 18* / UST Mayiama V2 75 X
Adams Super 9031  20* & 23* Hybrid / Aldila NV 85X
Maltby TS2 5 & 6 / Project X 6.0
Maltby TS1 7-P  / Project X 6.0 
Callaway JAWS MD5 Raw 52* & 58* / Project X 6.0
Taylormade Tour Issue Manta Ray / 32.5"
Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

[color=#282828]WEST Region[/color][list]
[*]Valencia, CA (Saturday, Dec. 6, 2014)
[/list][list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? Nike Covert 2.0 w/ Oban Devotion 6 [i]Stiff Shaft[/i]
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? Because I need to get better and it must be the club because it isn't the swing
[*]Your Current Handicap? 18
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? Yes
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Yes indeed
[/list]

WEST Region (would be coming from Canada but close enought to WA to save some $$ for wrx)

Burbank - Dec 3
[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? Nike Covert 2.0 Tour, 9.5, UST VTS Silver 7x
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? First driver was a Titleist when I started this game and this new one may be good enough to bring me back....
[*]Your Current Handicap? 3
[*]Are you righty or lefty? Right
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? no
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? yes
[/list]

Hi,

Im in Houston, and would like to attend on Friday 12th December.
[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? Despite being a Titleist loyalist with a Titleist 910 D3 - 8.5 with Proforce shaft, I moved to a Nike VPR Str-8 with Project X 6.0. I want to go back to Titleist as its upsetting the bag!
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? I need to return to Titleist to have a full suite of Titleist clubs!
[*]Your Current Handicap? 2
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? Never
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Of course - I write about golf and other things as a hobby so be delighted to.
[/list]
Many thanks!

David Jenkins

Midwest
Houston
Friday. Dec. 5, 2014

* Current driver: taylormade r1 black in stock stiff
* Why? I've never been fit before, and have always wanted to game a titleist driver. Prove to me that titleist drivers aren't just for "better players".
* 15 handicap
* Righty
* Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? No
* If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Yes!

Palos verdes Dec. 10th.
What is your current driver / shaft combination? Taylormade Jetspeed
Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? I haven't played a titleist driver since highschool (975j) and would love to try out the new one
Your Current Handicap? 0
Are you righty or lefty? Right handed
Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? No

[color="#282828"]Western Region -Valencia Sat. Dec. 6th[/color]

[color=#282828]What is your current driver / shaft combination? Taylormade R11s 8.25° with Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g 05 x-flex[/color]
[color=#282828]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? I enjoyed the 913 D2 driver, but I like the improvements with the 915 mostly regarding the increased forgiveness and low spin attributes that I like in a driver.[/color]
[color=#282828]Your Current Handicap? 5.5[/color]
[color=#282828]Are you righty or lefty? Right-handed.[/color]
[color=#282828]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? Yes, for my current driver 2+ years ago.[/color]
[color=#282828]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? I agree to participate in the review thread and would be honored to give my opinion/feedback on the club.[/color]

West

Burbank, CA (Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2014)
Glendale, CA (Friday, Dec. 5, 2014)
Valencia, CA (Saturday, Dec. 6, 2014)
Palos Verdes, CA (Wednesday, Dec. 10, 2014)

Any day works for me.
Glendale Friday the 5th would be perfect.

What is your current driver / shaft combination?
titleist 910d3 8.5. Pro launch red stuff 46"

Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?
Never been fit before so it would be great to see what a real fitting would do to my distance.

Your Current Handicap? 13
Are you righty or lefty?righty

If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?
Yes

[list]
[*]Glendale, CA (Friday, Dec. 5, 2014)
[*]Exotics XCG6 Driver, stock stiff shaft (Matrix Ozix)
[*]Friend has a 913 Driver and got to hit it today on the course, huge improvement over my current one and was most likely going to order a 915 anyways
[*]3
[*]Righty
[*]Yes
[*]Yes, I definitely will participate in the review thread, would be excited to share my results, post pictures, give feedback.
[*]Thanks!
[/list]

Valencia on 12/6
[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination?
[*][b]Adams Fast 12 with Fubuki Stiff[/b]
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?
[*][b]Wanted to switch to Titleist 913, but decided to wait for 915[/b]
[*]Your Current Handicap?
[*][b]3.5[/b]
[*]Are you righty or lefty?
[*][b]Righty[/b]
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver?
[*][b]No[/b]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?
[*][b]Sure![/b]
[/list]

[*]Burbank, CA (Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2014)
[*]
[*]
[*][b][i]Nike VR Pro Limited 8.5, Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage 65 gram X-flex tipped 1.5 inches[/i][/b]
[/list][list]
[*][b][i]I've always been a fan of Titleist but could never afford it and thought this would be a very intriguing yet insightful experience to gain more knowledge in the golf equipment industry[/i][/b]
[*]
[*][b][i]4.5[/i][/b]
[*]
[*][b][i]Righty[/i][/b]
[*]
[*][i][b]No[/b][/i]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?
[*][b][i]​Absolutely without question!!![/i][/b]
[/list]

[color=#282828][size=4][b]MIDWEST[/b][/size][/color]

[color=#282828][size=4]Friday December 5th, in Houston, TX[/size][/color][list]
[*][b]Nickent 4DX w/ Graffaloy Prolaunch Red (Stiff) [/b]
[*][b]My favorite driver ever was my 975D and would love to have the best from Titleist again. I was "fit" in a PGA Tour Superstore a couple weeks ago for the 915 series, I would love to see how close that "fitting" was compared to an actual, legitimate, PROFESSIONAL fitting![/b]
[*][b]1.5 index[/b]
[*][b]Righty[/b]
[*][b]No, I have never been fit by a professional for a driver, or any other clubs for that matter! [/b]
[*][b]Absolutely![/b]
[/list]

Callaway X2 Hot Pro 8.5° w/ Oban Devotion 6 X-Flex
Callaway 816 Alpha 14° w/ Accra AC75 M5 X-Flex
Adams Pro 20° 3h w/ Aldila Tour Red ATX75h X-Flex
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW w/ X-100
Titleist Vokey 50.08 SM5 F-Grind
Titleist Vokey 54.08 SM
Titleist Vokey 58.12 SM
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport

[quote name='atursky' timestamp='1415742554' post='10431033']
[attachment=2494865:TESTING_TITLEIST915.png]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/246529/titleist-915-drivers-fairway-woods-and-hybrids/"]Titleist 915 D2 and D3 drivers[/url] will be available in stores on November 14, but we're looking for three fitters -- one from the West, Mid-West and East regions -- to get an exclusive driver fitting from Titleist, a free driver built to their specs, then write about the new club and fitting experience in a forum testing thread.

Do you want to test the new Titleist 915 drivers and be part of the experience? Read how to apply below.

[attachment=2493673:WRXtitleist.jpg]

[color=#282828][color=#B22222][b]TO APPLY:[/b][/color][/color]
[color=#282828]Testers must be willing to drive/travel to one of the Titleist fitting locations on the following dates:[/color]

[*]Palos Verdes, CA (Wednesday, Dec. 10, 2014)
[/list]
[color=#282828]MidWest Region[/color][list]
[*]Houston, TX (Thurs. Dec. 4, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Fri. Dec. 5, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Sat. Dec. 6, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Thurs. Dec. 11, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Fri. Dec. 12, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Sat. Dec. 13, 2014)
[/list]
[color=#282828]EAST Region[/color][list]
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Thurs. Dec. 4, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Fri. Dec. 5, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Sat. Dec. 6, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Thurs. Dec. 11, 2014)
[/list]
[color=#282828][b]ENTRY:[/b][/color]

[color=#282828]In a post below, enter the REGION, LOCATION and DATE you wish to participate in a fitting for a new Titleist 915 driver. By participating in this giveaway, you agree to write about your fitting experience and review your driver in a testing thread. [/color]In addition,[color=#282828] answer the following questions:[/color][list]
[/list]
[color=#282828]Usually these testing threads fill up fast, so apply ASAP! Three winners will be chosen at random -- one from the WEST, MidWest and EAST regions -- on Nov. 26, 2014.[/color]
[/quote]

[color=#282828]REGION, LOCATION and DATE: Midwest, Houston, December 6.[/color]

[color=#282828]I agree to write about my fitting experience and review my driver in a testing thread. [/color][list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? Titleist 910 D2 10.5 (adjusted to 9.75), Aldila RIP Phenom 70 S Flex 46"
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? I used a Taylormade R7 for several years because I couldn't find anything better. I have used the Titleist 910 for several years for the same reason. I think the 915 will be the next driver I go with and would love to get a professional fitting. Also, I have been taking GolfTec instruction for 4 years. During that time my handicap dropped from huge to about 4. I have focused on driving and short game this year and increased my driving distance by 30 yards.
[*]Your Current Handicap? 4.1 handicap index, trending down.
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? Yes, for the 910 D2.
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Yes.
[*]By the way, my work requires that I write a lot, and write well (I'm a patent attorney).
[/list]
[color=#282828]Usually these testing threads fill up fast, so apply ASAP! Three winners will be chosen at random -- one from the WEST, MidWest and EAST regions -- on Nov. 26, 2014.[/color]

[list]
[/list]
[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? Ping G30 - Tour 65 Stiff Shaft - 9.6*
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? I love new technology as well as enjoying the benefits of properly fit golf clubs and Titleist has come out with a driver I would love the chance to put into the bag to see if I can improve my fairways and other areas.
[*]Your Current Handicap? 3.4
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Of course.
[/list]

Region: Midwest, Houston, Dec. 6 or 13. Or East, Jacksonville, Dec. 6.
Current driver: Titleist 910 D2 with Aldila RIP Phenom S 70
Why? I love Titleist drivers
Current handicap: 4.1 index
Right handed
Yes, I was fit for my current driver at GolfTec
Yes, I agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where I take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club
By the way, I write for a living

[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? Callaway X Hot/ Project X 6.0
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? I have my current driver beacuse my last one broke due to a defect. Callaway sent me this as a replacement but it isn't quite on the same level. I have always read/heard/seen really good players using Titleist Drivers/Irons/Putters but I have never tried one of the drivers aside from hitting a couple of balls into a net at a local golf store. The Titleist driver is supposed to perform very well and I would like to spend some time with it to see if it performs for me.
[*]Your Current Handicap? 7.6
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? No
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? I sure do.
[/list]
East Region
Jacksonville, Fla. (Sat. Dec. 6, 2014)

What is your current driver / shaft combination? Titleist 913D2 driver Diamana Kaili 60 stiff
Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? More forgiveness and distance.
Your Current Handicap? 23
Are you righty or lefty? right
If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Absolutely

Midwest Houston

Go Texans !!!!

[quote name='atursky' timestamp='1415742554' post='10431033']
[attachment=2494865:TESTING_TITLEIST915.png]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/246529/titleist-915-drivers-fairway-woods-and-hybrids/"]Titleist 915 D2 and D3 drivers[/url] will be available in stores on November 14, but we're looking for three fitters -- one from the West, Mid-West and East regions -- to get an exclusive driver fitting from Titleist, a free driver built to their specs, then write about the new club and fitting experience in a forum testing thread.

Do you want to test the new Titleist 915 drivers and be part of the experience? Read how to apply below.

[attachment=2493673:WRXtitleist.jpg]

[color=#282828][color=#B22222][b]TO APPLY:[/b][/color][/color]
[color=#282828]Testers must be willing to drive/travel to one of the Titleist fitting locations on the following dates:[/color]

[*]Palos Verdes, CA (Wednesday, Dec. 10, 2014)
[/list]
[color=#282828]MidWest Region[/color][list]
[*]Houston, TX (Thurs. Dec. 4, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Fri. Dec. 5, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Sat. Dec. 6, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Thurs. Dec. 11, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Fri. Dec. 12, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Sat. Dec. 13, 2014)
[/list]
[color=#282828]EAST Region[/color][list]
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Thurs. Dec. 4, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Fri. Dec. 5, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Sat. Dec. 6, 2014)
[/list]
[color=#282828][b]ENTRY:[/b][/color]

[color=#282828]In a post below, enter the REGION, LOCATION and DATE you wish to participate in a fitting for a new Titleist 915 driver. By participating in this giveaway, you agree to write about your fitting experience and review your driver in a testing thread. [/color]In addition,[color=#282828] answer the following questions:[/color][list]
[/list]
[/quote]

Dec 12th or the 6th Jacksonville

What is your current driver / shaft combination?
Sldr with x-flex speeder

Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?
I have played titlest irons and hybrids forever. Loved the d and the j drivers. Purchased but could not hit the 910 with a rombax. Would love to see what the 915 had to offer.

Your Current Handicap? +2

Are you righty or lefty? Right

Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? Not recently

If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Absolutely!

When & Where: December 6th in Jacksonville

Current driver & shaft combination: Titleist 910 D3 w/ UST AxivCore 69 Red Stiff

Why do I want to try the 915 driver? I am looking to upgrade and I am either going to go with the SLDR or the 915.

Current Handicap: +1

Righty or Lefty: Lefty

If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Yes!

Mid-west region, Houston on Dec 4th.

Current driver is a 8.5* 910D3 with a Tour AD-DI 6s. Played at 45" and a sw of D4.

Been wanting want to try one of the lower spinning drivers options so I can increase loft for added forgiveness but was waiting for the 915, tried the XTD and couldn't get past the looks and sound.

Lefty with a current HCI of 10.2

Never been professional fit for a driver or any other club

I would be happy to travel and post pics, reviews and experiences.

[list]
[/list]
[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? SLDR 430 10.5 degrees/Tour Green
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? I would like something a little more forgiving on the mishits when I am not swinging my best
[*]Your Current Handicap? 4
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Yes
[/list]

I'm available for any of the Houston dates.

Lefty, 6 handicap
I have been fit before, but didn't see dramatic improvement.
Currently play 910 D3 w/ ADDI 6x, tried the 913 D2, but it didn't work out.
I've been patiently waiting to hit the 915 to see if it can lower spin and produce more consistent results.
I'd be happy to participate and provide feedback on the fitting and results.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Saturday December 6th Valencia

**4.4 Handicap. 115mph ss

**Current Driver: Nike Covert 2.0 set 12*, right, Diamana WB X...also TM SLDR TP 12* set lower Fade, Tour AD i 7 X flex

**I've never had a Titleist driver in my bag. I played a pro am with John Peterson and he told me this thing just goes STRAIGHT, too straight. I'm headed to the Nike Oven in February to be fitted for a Vapor and I would like to put these two head to head in a full comparison.

**I'm a right handed golfer

**Yes I have been professionally fitted at Cool Clubs

**Yes I agree to participate and follow up in an ongoing thread. Especially this driver vs Nike Vapor

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/