APPLY HERE: Titleist 915 D2 and D3 driver-fitting testing thread!

I can attend any of these fittings.[list]
[*]Burbank, CA (Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2014)
[*]Glendale, CA (Friday, Dec. 5, 2014)
[*]Valencia, CA (Saturday, Dec. 6, 2014)
[/list]
[list]
[*]Titleist 913D3 with Diamana Whiteboard 73x
[*]I am looking for a driver with the traditional Titleist feel and a bit more distance. I have heard the 915 has both of those.
[*]13
[*]Right
[*]I have never been professionally fitted for a driver.
[*]I agree to participate in an ongoing review thread.
[/list]

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[b]East region, Jacksonville, Fl. I can be there on Dec. 4th, 5th 6th, 11th or 12th.[/b][list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? [b] I play a Callaway FT IZ HT13 with a Aldila RIP 60 S Flex[/b]
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? [b]Looking to replace the Cally in 2015 with a driver that I have been fitted for so this would take care of that and be an early Christmas present.[/b]
[*]Your Current Handicap? [b]11[/b]
[*]Are you righty or lefty?[b] Righty[/b]
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? [b]Never[/b]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? [b]I do, I do, I do, I will.[/b]
[/list]

East Region.. Literally any date, but will pick Sat Dec 6 in Jacksonville.

1) RBZ Stage 2 Tour Head with Fuji Fuel TP shaft

2) Always looking for more distance and greater accuracy... I actually had a 910 that I loved! The look and feel of the head really fit my eye. Unfortunately I don't think I ever had the correct shaft. The driver would spin too much for my swing.

3) 2.3

4) Righty

5) Hit on launch monitors and at several demo days. So yes..

6) Absolutely. I play at the same course quite a bit so feel as though with a couple rounds I could make a very good comparison.

I should be able to swing any of the dates for Jacksonville. I'm from Jacksonville and haven't been home in 2 years, plus my parents just moved back to Ponte Vedra from Raleigh, and I could spend some quality bonding time with them! (OK, enough with the pseudo guilting...:P )

Srixon Z545 9.5 (Shaft pending)

I would like to get fit for a Titleist driver because I have never had good results with them and I love the way they look and feel.

Current handicap is scratch.

Right handed.

I have never been truly fit for a driver. I experiment a lot and do all of my own work so essentially I fit myself.

I'm on here all day anyway so of course I would update with results!

And again this would be a bonding trip to see my parents! :D

Paradym TD 8° @ 9° | Paradym TD 15° | UW 19° | Honma TW747V 4-9 | Zipcore 47°/51°/55°/59° | Evnroll EV2 Armlock

I would love to join you in the East region on December 4th or 5th (I'm flexible). I currently play the Titleist 913 D2 with a blue board stiff shaft.

[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination?
[/list]
[b] Titleist 913 D2 with a blue board stiff shaft.[/b][list]
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?
[/list]
[b] I really enjoy Titleist drivers and would love to try the new one. Have heard nothing but wonderful things.[/b][list]
[*]Your Current Handicap?
[/list]
[b] 12.1[/b][list]
[*]Are you righty or lefty?
[/list]
[b] Righty[/b][list]
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver?
[/list]
[b] For the first time, I was fit for my D2 but it was indoors. [/b][list]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?
[/list]
[b] I think that would be a lot of fun. [/b]

Jackonsivlle, Fla, December 6

What is your current driver / shaft combination?

I25 w/ Speeder 661 tipped an 1 inch and playing at 45.75.

Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?
I hit one and love the feel of it. So, would want to dive into it further

Your Current Handicap? 7.6

Are you righty or lefty? Righty

Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? Yes a couple of times.

If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Yes to all.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

[color=#282828]Any of these would work for me.[/color][list]
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Thurs. Dec. 4, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Fri. Dec. 5, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Sat. Dec. 6, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Thurs. Dec. 11, 2014
[/list][list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? Nike Covert 2.0 Tour, Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X
[/list][list]
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? The new D3 is a great looking head. I'd like something with similar performance to what I have now, possibly with a little less spin, but in a more subdued look.
[/list][list]
[*]Your Current Handicap? 6.2
[/list][list]
[*]Are you righty or lefty? Lefty
[/list][list]
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? Yes
[/list][list]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Absolutely
[/list]

SIM 9.0 Ventus Blue 7X, SIM 15* Ventus Blue 8X
U500 2i, OT100, P7.MC 3-4, P7.MB 6-P, Modus 120 X
MG2 53, 58 Modus 120 X, Toulon Garage Austin

I would be willing and happy to participate in the Titleist 915 testing. Any of the Jacksonville dates could work for me if chosen.

* Jacksonville, Fla. (Thurs. Dec. 4, 2014)
* Jacksonville, Fla. (Fri. Dec. 5, 2014)
* Jacksonville, Fla. (Sat. Dec. 6, 2014)
* Jacksonville, Fla. (Thurs. Dec. 11, 2014)
* Jacksonville, Fla. (Fri. Dec. 12, 2014)

I would love to see if a properly fit 915 could beat out my SLDR (12* Diamana kaili 80X) Thanks for the chance

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

I can make any of the dates in Jacksonville work!

Current Driver - Ping G30 with Stock X shaft

Why Do I want to Test 915 - I have had a driver merry go round for too long. Have finally settled on the G30 for the last 4 mos until I played 9 holes with a 915 d2 and 9 with a d3. I really was impressed with all aspects of the driver, but would like to go through a professional fitting to ensure I have the right Shaft combo for me.

Current Index - 4.8

Righty

Professional Fit? I'd say no. Golf Galaxy and Golfsmith are as close as I've come. Leaving me to tinker with shaft set up to find the right fit.

I absolutely agree to post quality Pictures and review the club.

Thank you for this opportunity!!

[color=#008000]Titleist TS3 10.5 Diamana BF 60s
Titleist TS3 16.5* Diamana LTD Blue 70s
TS3 19* Hazrdus Smoke 80s (S)[/color]
[color=#008000]Mizuno MP20 HMB 3 iron $Taper 130 Soft Stepped
4-PW Mizuno MP20 MB $Taper 130 Soft Stepped
52* Vokey SM8 F Grind S200
58* Vokey SM8 K Grind S200 
Bettinardi BB-8w Raw[/color]

In a post below, enter the REGION, LOCATION and DATE you wish to participate in a fitting for a new Titleist 915 driver. By participating in this giveaway, you agree to write about your fitting experience and review your driver in a testing thread. In addition, answer the following questions:

Jacksonville, Florida on 12/12!

Nike Covert VRS Tour 2.0 Speeder 757 X Flex

I have always loved Titleist drivers and have bought one with every release! From the reading I've done on this one it could stay in my bag for a long time.

Your Current Handicap?

Are you righty or lefty?
Righty

Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver?
No

If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?

Yes I do!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond- 8* Ventus TR Black 6X
TM Stealth 2 Plus - 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Titleist U505- 2 Iron Hzrdous Black 6.5
PXG GEN 5 Tour - 4-PW LA Golf 120 S
Artisan Hand Grind- 50, 55, 60 DG TI S400
Tyson Lamb- Bridgeport Custom

Jacksonville on December 6th!

Nike VR Tour woth Blueboard 73x
Always have liked titleist looks, sound, and feel but never pulled the trigger on one
Your Current Handicap?
Are you righty or lefty?
Righty
Yes
If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?
Of course!

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

Midwest region. Saturday Dec. 6th Houston, TX

Current Driver/shaft: titleist 910d2 - Aldila RIP stiff

Why do you want to try and test the titleist 915 driver?

Simply because I love my 910d2 and I am ready for an upgrade. However I've always wanted to be correctly fitted to a driver along with shaft. This would be helpful in doing that.

Current Handicap: 3

Righty

Never been professionally fit for a driver.

I agree to participate in the ongoing thread about the driver as well as posting pictures.

[b]I'm flexible, any of these 4 dates would work for me.[/b][list]
[*][b]Houston, TX (Thurs. Dec. 4, 2014)[/b]
[*][b]Houston, TX (Fri. Dec. 5, 2014)[/b]
[*][b]Houston, TX (Thurs. Dec. 11, 2014)[/b]
[*][b]Houston, TX (Fri. Dec. 12, 2014)[/b]
[/list]
[color=#282828][b]ENTRY:[/b][/color]

[color=#282828]In a post below, enter the REGION, LOCATION and DATE you wish to participate in a fitting for a new Titleist 915 driver. By participating in this giveaway, you agree to write about your fitting experience and review your driver in a testing thread. [/color]In addition,[color=#282828] answer the following questions:[/color][list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? [b]TaylorMade SLDR 10.5 w/ Graphite Design YS6+ SX[/b]
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? [b]Always loved the classic look and feel of drivers, I am a high spin player and the last great driver I had was a 905S[/b]
[*]Your Current Handicap? [b]4[/b]
[*]Are you righty or lefty?[b] Right[/b]
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? [b]Yes, for the SLDR[/b]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? [b]Yes, it would be a great opportunity to give back to the forum.[/b]
[/list]

West, Valencia CA, Saturday December 6th!

Tmag R1 with an Aldila Phenom 70.

All the new tech sounds really nice in the 915 and even though the arc is not necessarily a "new" idea I'm excited to see how Titleist has taken it to the next level.

Your Current Handicap?

Are you righty or lefty?
Righty

No! I've always custom fit myself through lots of trial and error. It's worked out ok, but it does leave me wondering if I could get more out of my driver.

Heck yeah!

[list]
[*]Jacksonville, FL any date works
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? 913 D3 7.5 fuji TS 7.2 X
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? Yes
[*]Your Current Handicap? +2
[*]Are you righty or lefty? Righty
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? Yes
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Yes
[/list]
Casing point is I am a Titleist guy at heart. I have my 913 driver and 3 wood, love them but still hit floaters. I would just like to be able to get fit again and see what I am leaving on the table. Also testing more shafts then I have available to me will be a big help.

Thanks GolfWRX
[color=#282828]Usually these testing threads fill up fast, so apply ASAP! Three winners will be chosen at random -- one from the WEST, MidWest and EAST regions -- on Nov. 26, 2014.[/color]

[color=#282828]I'd love to! West Region, I could do any of the locations/dates.[/color][list]
[*][color="#282828"]What is your current driver / shaft combination? [/color][color="#b22222"]​Taylormade R11 9° adjusted to 10.5°, Mitsubishi Kai'li X 60g Shaft[/color]
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? [color=#B22222]Recovered from knee surgery and decided to reward myself with a new driver. But my swing has changed a little and I want a club designed for this swing, not the old one.[/color]
[*][color="#282828"]Your Current Handicap? [/color][color="#b22222"]7.7[/color]
[*]Are you righty or lefty? [color=#B22222]Righty[/color]
[*][color="#282828"]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? [/color][color="#b22222"]No, think it would really help.[/color]
[*][color="#282828"]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? [/color][color="#b22222"]Definitely. I've been part of video game and car review websites, written plenty of copy, and I'm a professional photographer as well so you'll get quality content from me.[/color]
[/list]
[color="#282828"]Thanks the opportunity WRX, and good luck to everyone here![/color]

What is your current driver / shaft combination? Titleist 910 D2 9.5 RIP Alpha 70 Stiff
Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? Gotta see what the new tech will do for my game
Your Current Handicap? 10.5 index
Are you righty or lefty? Righty
Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? No
If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Most definitely

Would be interested in participating in the Jax session on 12/6 sat.

Thanks.

I would like to go to the East Region fitting in Jacksonville on Dec. 11. (Any date, really)

I currently game the Titleist 913 D3, Diamana whiteboard 72 gram X.
I want to try the 915, because it will probably be my last new driver in a while, we have a new baby on the way!
My current handicap is 3.3.
I'm am a Righty.
I have been professionally fit for a driver in the past.
If I am chosen, I'll participate in any and all reviews and post a ton of pics!

Thanks!

MIdwest December 13th
[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? Titleist 910 d3 8.5 aldila rip alpha 70x
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? Would like to find a lower spinning and more forgiving driver for increased accuracy and distance
[*]Your Current Handicap? 4
[*]Are you righty or lefty? righty
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? have been fit at golf galaxy... but not sure if i would consider that "professionally fit"
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? yes
[/list]

EAST 12/4, 5, 11 or 12

913D2 12.0 CI w/ Fujikara Fit-On 360 Stiff

I live 30 minutes from Jax and would love to get fitted professionally. As you can see I have an odd Loft/Shaft combination and I'm sure a fitting would optimize my long game. I have bought several Titleist drivers over the years and I'm highly interested in the new 915D!!

I'm currently a 10-12 handicap and have gotten as low as 3.

I'm a righty.

I was fitted at our local Edwin Watts a few years ago, if that is considered a "professional" fitting.

I agree to post pics, make reviews and give feedback if chosen!

Thanks for the consideration!!

So, is this in response to the WRX thread about the 915 being a short-knocker?

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

Saturday, December 6th in Jacksonville, FL
*currently playing an R1 with AD DI 7x
*I want to try the 915 because I'm a golf gear nerd, and am excited to see if the club, fit to my specs, will perform as I expect it to.
*13 hcp (gotta include a higher capper, am I right?)
*right-handed
*i would be eager and happy to provide a plethora of follow-up pictures, reviews and feedback!

Im all the way up north in WA st. I can't make it, here's my two cents anyway.

Send joey2aces.
I know he'll write a great story, he'll take great pics. I don't know the guy and I've never talked to him. But I've been browsing BST for months and months faithfully, and I've witnessed through comments and posts in BST threads, his enthusiasm and good nature as well as a tremendous search for the perfect driver that would make any WRXer proud.

I think, as a BST observer, and general fan, again this might seem weird, but from what I've seen Joey2aces, I hope I got the name right because I'm using the app and I don't even know him, that's the dude that's gonna write the best article. Take the best pictures.

Send joey2aces to the fitting. I'm curious how it stacks up against a g30 anyway.

Callaway RAZR Fit Xtreme, Ozik Matrix Black Tie 7M3 S, 44.5"
PING G30 15.5*, Ping TFC 419 S 42.5
[size=4] Cobra Baffler Rail H 19* Fujikara Motore (65g S) 41.25"[/size]
Cleveland Golf CG7 Tour 4I-PW (TTDG X100 TI) white-black ndmc
Scratch 1018 50DD*, 55DD* Black/green Pure grips
Odessey Versa #7 WBW 36.5" Super Stroke Lite Slim 3.0

Houston, TX (Sat. Dec. 6, 2014)
Houston, TX (Sat. Dec. 13, 2014)

What is your current driver / shaft combination? callaway razr hawk/aldila rip stiff
Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? to be able to increase ball speed and distance
Your Current Handicap? 8
Are you righty or lefty? right
Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? no
If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? yes

Region: East Region
Date: Jacksonville, Fla. (Thurs. Dec. 4, 2014)
Driver: Ping G25 9.5*
Shaft: Matrix Ozik TP6HD

I used to play with 913 D2 but broke the shaft and since then I have moved to Ping but with the new 915 and getting fitted, I am looking to kick my Ping g25 out so I can have a complete set of titleist clubs. All other clubs in my bag are titleist except the driver.

Current Handicap: 9.3
Right Handed

Have you been professionally fit for a driver?
No.

If chosen, I would do a thorough review of this driver, post results, and pictures.

Thank you for giving us the chance!

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/2a5j6lf.jpg[