APPLY HERE: Titleist 915 D2 and D3 driver-fitting testing thread!

[quote name='atursky' timestamp='1415742554' post='10431033']
[attachment=2494865:TESTING_TITLEIST915.png]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/246529/titleist-915-drivers-fairway-woods-and-hybrids/"]Titleist 915 D2 and D3 drivers[/url] will be available in stores on November 14, but we're looking for three fitters -- one from the West, Mid-West and East regions -- to get an exclusive driver fitting from Titleist, a free driver built to their specs, then write about the new club and fitting experience in a forum testing thread.

Do you want to test the new Titleist 915 drivers and be part of the experience? Read how to apply below.

[attachment=2493673:WRXtitleist.jpg]

[color=#282828][color=#B22222][b]TO APPLY:[/b][/color][/color]
[color=#282828]Testers must be willing to drive/travel to one of the Titleist fitting locations on the following dates:[/color]

[color=#282828]WEST Region[/color][list]
[*]Burbank, CA (Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2014)
[*]Glendale, CA (Friday, Dec. 5, 2014)
[*]Valencia, CA (Saturday, Dec. 6, 2014)
[*]Palos Verdes, CA (Wednesday, Dec. 10, 2014)
[/list]
[color=#282828]MidWest Region[/color][list]
[*]Houston, TX (Thurs. Dec. 4, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Fri. Dec. 5, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Sat. Dec. 6, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Thurs. Dec. 11, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Fri. Dec. 12, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Sat. Dec. 13, 2014)
[/list]
[color=#282828]EAST Region[/color][list]
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Thurs. Dec. 4, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Fri. Dec. 5, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Sat. Dec. 6, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Thurs. Dec. 11, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Fri. Dec. 12, 2014)
[/list]
[color=#282828][b]ENTRY:[/b][/color]

[color=#282828]In a post below, enter the REGION, LOCATION and DATE you wish to participate in a fitting for a new Titleist 915 driver. By participating in this giveaway, you agree to write about your fitting experience and review your driver in a testing thread. [/color]In addition,[color=#282828] answer the following questions:[/color][list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination?
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?
[*]Your Current Handicap?
[*]Are you righty or lefty?
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver?
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?
[/list]
[color=#282828]Usually these testing threads fill up fast, so apply ASAP! Three winners will be chosen at random -- one from the WEST, MidWest and EAST regions -- on Nov. 26, 2014.[/color]
[/quote]

Houston Texas Sat 12/6 or 12/12
Wilson D100 Matrix
Handicap 2
Righty
Yes I have been fit for a driver
Yes I will write a review up on the product

Thanks guys!

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burbank Dec 3rd

What is your current driver / shaft combination? RBZ Tour 9.5 Motore F3 Stiff

Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? My swing has changed a bit since I got fit for my gamer 3 yrs ago. I think I could get a little bit more distance and forgiveness with the current technology.

Your Current Handicap? Index is 7.7

Are you righty or lefty? Righty

Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? Yes

If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Absolutely. I think this process of testing and sharing is the core of what GolfWRX is.

917 D2 Speeder Evo 661
TM 2017 M2 3wHL AD-DI7
816 H1 3HY Fuji Pro
716 T-MB 4-AW KBS Tour-V 120
Vokey SM6 55-10S & 60-04L
Edel Putter

[b][color=#282828]Region: EAST[/color][/b]

[b][color=#282828]Location: Jacksonville, FL [/color][/b]

[b][color=#282828]Date: Saturday, December 6, 2014[/color][/b]

[b][color=#282828]I agree to write about my fitting experience and review my driver in a testing thread. [/color][/b][list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? [b] 9.5*[/b] [b]Titleist 913 D3 with Diamana D+ 72 stiff[/b]
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? [b]I love titleist products and believe that the new technology and a proper fitting could really improve my driver performance.[/b]
[*]Your Current Handicap? [b]Approximately 4.[/b]
[*]Are you righty or lefty? [b]Righty[/b]
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? [b]No.[/b]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? [b]Absolutely.[/b]
[/list]

MidWest Region
Houston, TX (Thurs. Dec. 4, 2014)
Houston, TX (Thurs. Dec. 11, 2014)
Houston, TX (Fri. Dec. 12, 2014)

What is your current driver / shaft combination?
TaylorMade R11 10.5 turned down to 9.5
Shaft was stock Blur 60gm stiff flex

Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?
I have played my present driver for three years now and, before that, played a 975D driver for over ten years. I am looking to have my entire bag professionally fit and this would be an opportunity to start that process. I have always held Titleist in high regard and would like to test the new driver against my current TM.

Your Current Handicap?
Played to a 4 early last year but haven't posted any 18 hole scores since we had a baby 6 mo ago...probably about a 9 now

Are you righty or lefty?
Righty

Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver?
No, unless you count Golf Galaxy

If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?
Absolutely!!!

-Doc Todd

Wishon 919 9* Kuro Kage 70gm stiff
R11 15.5 3w stock stiff
R11 19 3h stock stiff
Mizuno MP 53 4-P S300
Scor 50/54/58
Old school Ping Anser with loads of lead tape

[b]EAST REGION[/b]
[color=#282828][b]JACKSONVILLE[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]FRI. DEC 5[/color]
[color=#282828]SAT. DEC 6[/color]
[color=#282828]THURS. DEC 11[/color][list]
[*]TaylorMade R9/UST VTS
[*]I've been using Titleist irons, fairway woods, hybrids, balls, and bags for 15 years, but have NEVER felt comfortable with the drivers. I hit the R9 decently, but am definitely looking for a new leader in the clubhouse.
[*]7.8
[*]Righty
[*]I've only been "fitted" for a new shaft to accompany an existing head.
[*]I absolutely agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where I take and post quality photos and give honest reviews and feedback of the club.
[/list]

Attend: West Region: Valencia, CA (Saturday, Dec. 6, 2014)

Taylormade SLDR 10.5 with 7.3 Stiff shaft

Planning on purchasing the fairway and hybrid clubs and would like to complete the set.

Your Current Handicap?

Are you righty or lefty?
Righty

No, but have been fit for Irons

If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?
Hell yes!

Jacksonville, fl sat Dec 6th coming from kissimmee fl
What is your current driver / shaft combination? adams xtd ti with stock matrix red tie stiff or prolaunch red x-stiff
Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? Tried the 913 series and was impressed with the results but wasn't enough for me to commit. Excited to see how the new technology improved the performance.
Your Current Handicap? 13
Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? No
If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Yes

I live in Houston and would definitely be able to make it to a fitting session no problem.

Currently game a 10.5* R9 supertri with adila rip phenom 70s shaft

I want to lower my launch and find a driver that help improve my miss hit which is high on the face toward the toe.

14 handicap

Right handed

I have never been professionally fit for a driver.

I would love to participate in an ongoing review thread regarding this great product from Titleist and continue to contribute to GolfWRX community.

Thanks for the wonderful opportunity Titleist and GolfWRX!!!

[list]
[*][b]Cobra Bio Cell Pro with Kiyoshi White Tipped 1 inch. [/b]
[*][b]The BCP/ Kiyoshi White has been the longest and most forgiving combo I've found. I'd like to see if the 915 can even come close.[/b]
[*][b]5.7[/b]
[*][b]Righty[/b]
[*][b]Yes. I was professionally fit for this current combination[/b]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?
[*][b]Yes, I'll take pictures with my Canon EOS. I'll also answer any questions and provide a review/feedback on my experience and the club. I feel I've proven capable of doing this as evidenced by my long running thread in the Instruction section.

I would like to be chosen for the December 11th Session in Jacksonville Florida. [/b]
[/list]

EAST Region
Jacksonville, Fla. (Thurs. Dec. 4, 2014)
Jacksonville, Fla. (Fri. Dec. 5, 2014)
Jacksonville, Fla. (Sat. Dec. 6, 2014)
Jacksonville, Fla. (Thurs. Dec. 11, 2014)
Jacksonville, Fla. (Fri. Dec. 12, 2014)
ENTRY:

In a post below, enter the REGION, LOCATION and DATE you wish to participate in a fitting for a new Titleist 915 driver. By participating in this giveaway, you agree to write about your fitting experience and review your driver in a testing thread. In addition, answer the following questions:
Your Current Handicap?
Are you righty or lefty?
Usually these testing threads fill up fast, so apply ASAP! Three winners will be chosen at random -- one from the WEST, MidWest and EAST regions -- on Nov. 26, 2014.

-TM SLDR 9.5* set at 8*, with Diamana D+ 62 stiff tipped 1"
-Titleist is the the "serious player" clubs. I had a 913 D2 10.5* with a D+ 62 stiff shaft. It went high and spun like a top. I'm 33 and have been playing since I was 5 and have never had a club fitting before. It's just not possible where I live.
-my handicap at the course I belong to is a 6
-like I mentioned before I'm 33 and started playing when I was 5. I live in a very small town in waaaaaay upstate NY and there is NOWHERE to get professionally fit with 300 miles, or more. I believe this is my only chance to really be fit by a pro. I have been playing over 25 years and would do literally anything to be fit by a true professional, not the part timers at Dicks Sporting Goods.
-I would be willing to do anything, literally ANYTHING that is needed to have an opportunity like this. But....I will give a full review with total honesty. That's what we at WRX want, and that's what the members deserve.
-When am I available....I'm available at any time. At the drop of the hat I can leave. This is a once and a lifetime opportunity!

Thanks Titleist!! And thanks WRX!!!
Ryan

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

West, Burbank, CA (Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2014)

- G30 9.5 Fujikura pro 63 XStiff
- I love Titliest and what they bring to the game. Class with modern technology. I have a nearly full Titleist bag and would love to game this driver
Your Current Handicap?
Are you righty or lefty?
- Righty
- Yes, my current driver.
- 100% yes! Could do so in whatever time frame requested as I hit balls multiple times a week.

Thanks for the opportunity!

PING G430 Max 9* • Tensei 1K Pro Orange 6S
PING G430 3 Wood • Tensei 1K Pro Blue 7S
Titleist TSR2 3 Hybrid • Tensei 1K Hybrid 80S

T200 4 Iron • Hzrdus 6.0

PING Blueprint S 5-PW • AWT 2.0 X

Vokey 50.12F, 54.10S, 58.08M • DG TI S400 Onyx

Odyssey 2-Ball Eleven • BGT Stability Tour

[list]
[*]West Coast Region. Prefer Palos Verdes but could go to any of them.
[list]
[*]Callaway Razr Fit Extreme / Miyazaki JDL 61x
[/list]
[list]
[*]It’s on my shortlist to try this year. It’s been about 2 years since I’ve been fit. This is the year I want to get refit for woods.
[/list]
[list]
[*]3
[/list]
[list]
[*]R
[/list]
[list]
[*]Y
[/list]
[list]
[*]Y
[/list]

[/list]

1. Jacksonville - can make any of those dates work but would prefer either 11 or 12 December.
2. 913D3, 9.5, ATX Green
3. Love the look/feel of Titleist drivers. Current set-up performs well but I am not at optimum launch.
4. 4.0 handicap
5. Right
6. Never professionally fit for driver
7. Willing to meet review and feedback requirements

TSi3 10

TS2 16.5 & 21

G425 22 & 26

ZX7 6i - PW

Vokey 54F-14, 58K-12

Spider X

WEST: Palos Verdes, CA - Wednesday, December 10

What is your current driver / shaft combination? Ping Anser Oban Kiyoshi White/SLDR Kaili 70x/913D3 Kiyoshi White

Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? Always on the lookout for new innovations and improvements; however little it may be, as long as it helps!

Your Current Handicap? 6

Are you righty or lefty? "Righty"

Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? NO

If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? ABSOLUTELY!

Thank you GolfWRX and Titleist for this exciting opportunity.

[indent=1]M2 Atmos Black[/indent]
[indent=1]M2 Speeder[/indent]
[indent=1]Ping G Tensei Blue[/indent]
[indent=1]p790 Modus 130[/indent]
[indent=1]O-Works Red 7s
Z Star XV[/indent]

[list]
[*]I am in the WEST region, and can attend the Palos Verdes, CA (Wednesday, Dec. 10, 2014)
[/list]
[list]
[/list]
My current driver is the Krank Rage, 5 degree head with a XX House of Forged[list]
[/list]
Since my only driver is a 5 degree head that I sometimes struggle to hit it straight, I am currently in need of a regular play driver where I can keep my distance that I get with my Krank, but hit it consistently straight![list]
[/list]
I am currently a 13 handicap[list]
[/list]
Righty[list]
[/list]
I have never been professionally fit, but friends have always recommended it to me.[list]
[/list]
I would defiantly participate in an ongoing review and post photos and give my feedback about the driver!

Thanks, Jack

I could make ANY of the West Region fittings, but would prefer Valencia on 12/6.

Cobra Amp Cell Kuro Kage 60x set at 9.5.

The classic look of Titleist driver heads can't be beat. I also think I would see my distance and dispersion improve with a 915.

Your Current Handicap?

Are you righty or lefty?
Righty.

No, never.

Absolutely, it would be a pleasure!

Ping g430max 10k 10.5*- rogue white 130 60tx
sim2ti 15* - speeder evo 3 757x
ping g425 20.5* - rogue 125 80tx
4-gw ap1 jpx921 hm/hm pro - 120x1’s
 sm5 56.10 - s400ti
sm8 60m - s400ti
piretti potenza ii 365g 34"

I would love to participate in the West Region in Valencia, CA on Saturday, December 6th, 2014.
[list]
[*][b]What is your current driver / shaft combination?[/b]
[*][color=#0000ff]Ping i25 8.5 PWR 75 Tour Stiff (44.5" Tipped 1/2")[/color]
[*][b]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?[/b]
[*][color=#0000ff]I am very excited to see how the new Titleist 915 Driver with the Active Recoil Channel will perform. I have heard outstanding things about this technology and can't wait to see for myself.[/color]
[*][b]Your Current Handicap?[/b]
[*][color=#0000ff]7[/color]
[*][b]Are you righty or lefty?[/b]
[*][color=#0000ff]Righty[/color]
[*][b]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver?[/b]
[*][color=#0000ff]Yes[/color]
[*][b]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?[/b]
[*][color=#0000ff]I would love to![/color]
[/list]

I would love to test in Jacksonville on Dec 12. I am currently a 5 handicap, and use a CT 2.0 with a Project X Black. I have been fit for a driver before.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

Region/Location:

Any EAST Region/Jacksonville Location (I live in Jacksonville)
Jacksonville, Fla. (Thurs. Dec. 4, 2014)
Jacksonville, Fla. (Fri. Dec. 5, 2014)
Jacksonville, Fla. (Sat. Dec. 6, 2014)
Jacksonville, Fla. (Thurs. Dec. 11, 2014)
Jacksonville, Fla. (Fri. Dec. 12, 2014)

I agree to write a detailed review about my fitting experience and driver in a testing thread.

Current Driver/Shaft Combination:
Taylormade SLDR 12* with an Oban Kyoshi Gold Shaft in 05 flex.

Why do I Want to Try and Test the 915 Driver?

So it can challenge my SLDR in distance, but also in forgiveness as well.

Current Handicap:

Dexterity:

Righty

Have I Been Professionally Fit for my Current Driver?

Yes

If chosen I most definitely agree to participate in an ongoing review thread. High quality photos will be take and posted in addition to my detailed review. I will even add some video!

Whats in my B.A.G?
WITB Link

I live in Jacksonville so the East location is perfect! Saturday December 6th please.
[list]
[*]My current setup is a Nike Covert 10.5 with a Kurokage 50g Stiff
[*]I am excited about the new driver because I believe the ARC and Radial Speed face will give me great results
[*]Handicap: 18
[*]Righty
[*]I have never been professionally fit
[*]I agree to do a very comprehensive review. It's the least I could do if given the opportunity!
[/list]

Location and date: I would be willing to participate on any of the days in the Midwest (Houston) location.

What is your current driver / shaft combination? Masda v430 10.5* / speeder TS 6.3x
Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? I need a change bad. Bought into lofting up, but it doesn't work to my liking in windy Texas conditions
Your Current Handicap? 9
Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? No
If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Absolutely!

East ,Jacksonville any time can work
1) 913 d2 Diamana d+ xstiff
2)I've been dying o get my hands on the 915, I always played tmag drivers then finally I tried titleist. I saw a loss in distance but gained accuracy. I now have titleist 3w and 3 hy. I'm ready for "distance without compromise"
3)8 index
4) Righty
5) Ed watts guessing only never a professional fit
6) Absolutely yes I would participate, I'm an advocate do when I find it and like it I tell everyone. For instance my buddy was the most anti titleist guy, I made switch and urged him to try, now in past month he owns all titleist clubs and the pings hit eBay