APPLY HERE: Titleist 915 D2 and D3 driver-fitting testing thread!

EAST Region. Available Dec. 6,11 or 12th

1. TaylorMade SLDR Diamana W Series
2. Always liked the Titleist drivers and the 915 looks like a winner. Would love to put it in the bag.
4. Righty
5.I have been fit for a driver
6. Willing to participate in review. Have access to trackman so will be able to get some good data as well.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[u][color="#282828"]Midwest Region- Friday, December 5th or Saturday, December 6th, Houston, Texas[/color][/u][list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination?- [u]Ping G20, 8.5 deg with Graphite Design YS6+ stiff[/u]
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?- [u]Explore gaining 5-7 yards more distance with increased accuracy and would like to finally have something that beats my current driver.[/u]
[*]Your Current Handicap? [u]3[/u]
[*]Are you righty or lefty? [u]Righty[/u]
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? [u]Yes, 2007 by Ping Tour Headquarters and 2014 at Cool Clubs[/u]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?- [u]Absolutely! The best review ever.[/u]
[/list]

East, Jacksonville, 12/5, 12/6, or 12/12[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination?
[list]
[*]Titleist 910 D3 9.5* Diamana Kai'Li Stiff @ 45" D3 swingweight
[/list][*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist [color="#ff0000"][background=rgb(255, 255, 0)]915[/background][/color] Driver?
[list]
[*]Love the 910, didn't find any better numbers from the 913, and very interested in seeing what the new 915 has to offer performance wise and look/feel/sound wise
[/list][*]Your Current Handicap?
[list]
[*]+0.7
[/list][*]Are you righty or lefty?
[list]
[*]Right handed
[/list][*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver?
[list]
[*]Yes, I was fit for my current 910 at Westfields fitting studio in Virginia
[/list][*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?
[list]
[*]Of course !
[/list]
[/list]

ENTRY: Markheardjr

Where? - Palos Verdes, CA (Wednesday, Dec. 10, 2014) (Literally 10min from my house!)

What is your current driver / shaft combination? - TaylorMade 2007 Burner TP 8.5° w/ Matrix RUL 60x

Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? I was a huge fan of Titleist and at one time had an all Titleist bag. In fact my first store purchased clubs were a set of Titleist 981's back in my high school days. My last Titleist driver was a 983E although I still have my old 975D head. My Scotty Newport Beach hasn't left the bag since 2003 though. I always loved the Titleist brand and their loyalty to its customers. I like the classic and aesthetically pleasing designs and the longer product life cycles. I really don't have a reason I went away from Titleist. I don't have a reason to stay away. I'm up for anything that performs, I'm sure your fitters can find me a better combo than my current 7-year-old driver (Which knocked an RBZ out of my bag btw.)

Your Current Handicap? 3.8, although I am not part of a club at the moment.

Are you righty or lefty? Righty

Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? I've never been professionally fit for any club. I've tinkered my own way into my current bag, mostly from personal testing or reading reviews and suggestion on GolfWRX.

If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Absolutely! I've been doing that for GolfWRX for almost 9 years now! I have tested products for many other golf companies over the years too. I have reviewed many products here on GolfWRX in the past. I have a Nikon D3100 and a iPhone, what more do you need?

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

[b]East - Jacksonville - Sat 12/6[/b]

What is your current driver / shaft combination? [u]Cobra Bio Cell+ - stock stiff shaft[/u]

Why do you want to try and test the Titleist [color=#FF0000][background=rgb(255, 255, 0)]915[/background][/color] Driver?-[u] I've owned most of the past Titleist models (except 913) and looking to get back into a solid stick! I love everything about titleist drivers and don't know why I left.... I want back![/u]

Your Current Handicap? [u]4[/u]

Are you righty or lefty? [u][u]Righty[/u][/u]

Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? [u]No[/u]

If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?- [u][u]Absolutely! [/u][/u]

[list]
[*][sup]Palos Verdes, CA (Wednesday, Dec. 10, 2014)[/sup]
[list]
[*][sup]What is your current driver / shaft combination?[/sup]
[*][sup][b]R1V2 tour issue with AD DI 6S[/b][/sup]
[*][sup]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?
Titleist is my normal go to equipment[/sup]
[*][sup]Your Current Handicap
7.3[/sup]
[*][sup]Are you righty or lefty?
Righty[/sup]
[*][sup]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver?
Simple fittings everytime I buy a club, Lauch numbers only[/sup]
[*][sup]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?
YES[/sup]
[/list]
[/list]

Titleist 915D4 with Matrix HM3 black tie stiff
Titleist 915f with AD DI 8s
Titleist 915h AD DI 105s
Fourteen TC 888 nippon modus 3 stiff
Fourteen RM 11 tour issue with modus
Scotty Golo, Bryon DH89, Betti Jam

[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? TM SLDR TP 10.5. TP shaft
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? I really like the Titleist product line
[*]Your Current Handicap? 8.1
[*]Are you righty or lefty? Righty
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? Yes
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Definitely
[/list]
East, Jax, Dec 6th

Taylormade SIM2 9* AD-BB7x
Taylormade M2 3W
Titleist 913Hd 20*
Srixon Z585 w/Nippon 125TX 
Cleveland CBX2 50* & 56*
Odyssey 2Ball Fang

[b]Dec 4-6, East Region[/b]
[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? [b]Taylormade R1, stock Aldila 55g Shaft[/b]
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? [b]Always wanted to use Titleist equipment, and give it a try[/b].
[*]Your Current Handicap? [b]5.8[/b]
[*]Are you righty or lefty? [b]Righty[/b]
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? [b]No, only the local golf town guy who just fed me numbers.[/b]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? [b]You Bet![/b]
[/list]

[list]
[*]Houston, TX (Thurs. Dec. 4, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Fri. Dec. 5, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Thurs. Dec. 11, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Fri. Dec. 12, 2014)
[/list]
[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? 913 D2 8.5 / Whiteboard x
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? Upgrade my driver to the latest
[*]Your Current Handicap? 8
[*]Are you righty or lefty? Righty
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? No
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Yes
[/list]

MIDWEST, HOUSTON Dec 6 or Dec 11-13

▪ What is your current driver / shaft combination?[list]
[*]Ping G20 10.5degree TFC 169D R-flex
[/list]
▪ Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?[list]
[*]Driver is my best club and I want to maximize my strength
[/list]
▪ Your Current Handicap?[list]
[*]18
[/list]
▪ Are you righty or lefty?[list]
[*]Righty
[/list]
▪ Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver?[list]
[*]No
[/list]
If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?[list]
[*]Yes
[/list]

MIDWEST Region

Houston, TX (Sat. Dec. 6, 2014)[list]
[*]
[/list]
What is your current driver / shaft combination? Ping G10 9* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD YS-Q stiff

Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? It's been quite a while since I upgraded my driver. I hit a buddy's custom fit 913 a few weeks ago, and it felt real solid. Of course, professional fitting is pretty nice.

Your Current Handicap? I'm playing to about a 15

Are you righty or lefty? Righty

Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? Nope! Just whack some at Golfsmith or PGA Superstore until I find one that feels good, lol

If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Sure for a free fitting, that's a heck of a deal.

EAST Region
Jacksonville, Fla. (Thurs. Dec. 4, 2014)
Jacksonville, Fla. (Fri. Dec. 5, 2014)
Jacksonville, Fla. (Thurs. Dec. 11, 2014)
Jacksonville, Fla. (Fri. Dec. 12, 2014)

What is your current driver / shaft combination: [b]Titleist 913 D3 with Diamana D+ White 72[/b]
Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver:[b] I am in the market for a new driver and given how much I like the 913, would love to try the 915[/b]
Your Current Handicap: [b]9.0[/b]
Are you righty or lefty: [b]Righty[/b]
Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver: [b]No[/b]
If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? [b]Yes[/b]

[list]
[*]Location? [b]Houston, TX fittings[/b]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? [b]Titleist 913 D3 RIP Adila[/b]
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? [b]Always looking for the holy grail of increased forgiveness and distance[/b]
[*]Your Current Handicap? [b]18[/b]
[*]Are you righty or lefty? [b]Righty[/b]
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? [b]Yes, have been fitted professionally[/b]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? [b]Would happily keep an updated review going[/b]
[/list]

Titleist TS2 driver & 3 wood
PXG 0317 hybrid
Srixon ZX5 irons
Vokey SM8 50F, 54S, 60S wedges
Scotty Cameron 009 Circle T putter

Burbank, CA
What is your current driver / shaft combination? titleist 910 D3 Diamana Whiteboard 73X and Rombax 6V05
Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? It would be like being part of the digest hot list summit. also, why not try to give readers a truthful review. because you know, I might not even like it.
Your Current Handicap? 0.2
Are you righty or lefty? righty
Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? never.
If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? if it means I get to be fitted for the first time into a driver and test something new, absolutely.

I could do one of the following:

WEST Region
Glendale, CA (Friday, Dec. 5, 2014)
Valencia, CA (Saturday, Dec. 6, 2014)

What is your current driver / shaft combination? 913 D2, Fujikura Pro 63, X-stiff
Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? I'm a Titleist wood/hybrid nut and have heard awesome things about this (I've also heard not so good things, but I am guessing that a proper fit is the missing ingredient). I'd be interested in upgrading but not without real, tangible gains.
Your Current Handicap? ~10
Are you righty or lefty? R
Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? Yep, current one.
If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? It would be my pleasure.

- Current Driver Set UP: I currently play an MG Golf S5 driver, 9 degrees, with a Regular flex 60 gram graphite shaft, purchased over the Internet.
- Why do I want to try and test the Titleist 915 driver? I previously have been fitted for the Titleist 913 D2 driver, as well as the new 915 D2 driver, but have not made the decision to purchase either one as of yet. I know I need a new, up-to-date driver, but have not yet been convinced that the Titleist gives me sufficient gain over my current set up to justify the price. I also play Titleist AP-2 712 irons and Vokey wedges, and carry a Titleist bag.
- Current Handicap: My current (Nov 1) GHIN index is 7.3. Less than two months ago it was 4.3.
- Righty or Lefty? Right handed player.
- Have I ever been professionally fit for a driver? Yes, by both my local club pro (Certified Titleist fitter) and by the regional Titleist representative.
- If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Yes. I look forward to an opportunity to provide the community with feedback on the 915 driver.

I am available for the Jacksonville location on either the 4th, 5th, 11th or 12th of December. Currently I am playing a Titleist 913 d2 9.5 degree Left Handed with a Diamana 'ilima 61 stiff shaft. I have had a Voodoo shaft in it until two months ago when the shaft broke. I am wanting to try the new driver to add both distance and accuracy especially on off-center hits. I was fitted for my 910 last and just bought the new 913 without being fitted and switched my shaft out of the 910 to the 913. There have been many shaft developments since 2010 so I would like to see if there is something better for me and my swing. The different possibilities of shaft are mind boggling and so difficult to understand differences in each shaft torque and other specs.

I am a 21 handicap, and as I mentioned a lefty so I could give the lefties out there a lefty opinion. I was professionally fit for my 910 as mentioned before and for several drivers before that who tend to try to steer me to a another popular brand.

I am a professional sports photographer and can handle taking pictures by capturing images of the driver hitting the ball with correct exposure and framing for quality pictures to go with reviews.

Please consider me and I appreciate your time!

Thank you!

[list]
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Fri. Dec. 12, 2014)
[/list]
[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? [b]SLDR 460 10.5 (set to 11*) with Tour AD-DI 7x[/b]
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? [b]I am a big fan of the 910 series (still have my D3) and would love to find a similar driver with a little more forgiveness and less spin[/b]
[*]Your Current Handicap? [b]6[/b]
[*]Are you righty or lefty? [b]Right[/b]
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? [b]Yes[/b]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? [b]Absolutely, photography is a second hobby and the member reviews here on GolfWRX are always informative and helpful.[/b]
[/list]

[color=#0000ff][size=5]Hi, my name is Alexander Yu, but my friends call me "sascha". I am 13 years old, and have a 4.6 handicap (You could look up my handicap on the AGA website) :tongue::tongue:

I know LOTS about golf clubs, and I mean LOTS! You could ask me any questions about a golf club spec or shafts and I will give you an answer (Even JDM products).

I am right handed and i have really never been professionally fit for a driver before, because I usually try to fit myself and save money

My Current setup is a Tour-issue White SLDR 460 10.5* from the taylormade vault, I have a Tour AD GT 5 shaft in the r1 flex. All my settings are neutral for my driver.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to test the driver because i want to compare it to my driver and also because i am growing out of my clubs (Because of puberty :scare2:) Another reason I want to get fitted is because I play competitive golf and i really need a club that i can trust and that i know i am fitted with.

I will participate in a review thread FOR SURE because i want to be able to voice my opinion about clubs from a Junior golfers point of view. :golfer:

I live in Pheonix arizona,but i am willing to drive with my dad ALL THE WAY to Valencia, California (I will probably have to miss school on Friday! YAY!!!!!! :taunt:

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH for reading this and PLZPLZPLZPLZPLZPLZ PICK MEEEEE!!!!!!! :aikido::aikido::aikido::aikido:

(P.S. if u pick me i will be the happiest kid in the whole wide world!!!!!!!! )
GOOOOOOO TITLEIST[/size][/color]

I have the Taylormade RBZ driver with the stock shaft in it. I have heard nothing but good things about the 915 driver and I think it could help out my game. Around 10 (played on high school team and never really kept my handicap). Lefty. I have not been fitted. I will absolutely agree to write about the 915 and the fitting process.

ENTRY:

Current Driver: 910D2 9.5 with Phenom or Project X stiff
Why do I want to try and test the 915 Driver? I have owned, in order, 905T, 905r, 907D2 (x 2), 909D2, and now the 910D2. I want to try the Rogue shaft options and or see if the new head is better than the 910
My current handicap: 12
Are you righty or lefty: Right handed
Have I ever been professionally fit for a driver? Yes

I can make myself available for any of the Houston dates, and am willing to post pictures and comments about the fitting, and post fitting experience with the new club

Dec 3rd or 5th
[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? Taylormade R11S 9* F6M2 x
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? Looking for a better combo of distance and accuracy
[*]Your Current Handicap? 2
[*]Are you righty or lefty? Right
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Yes.
[/list]

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G410 5 Wood Aldila Rogue 130MSI 80 X

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood VA Composites Drago 65 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 5-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

MidWest Region
Houston, TX (Sat. Dec. 6, 2014)

Current Driver: 8.5 TaylorMade Superfast 2.0; UST Mamiya Tour SPX VTS X6

Why: My favorite driver was the Titleist 975J and I want to play a Titleist driver again. I also would like to be fit for a driver to make sure I am playing the correct driver specs for my swing.

Handicap: 10

Hand: Right

I have never been professionally fit for a driver.

If chosen, I agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club.

Thank you for the opportunity.....

WEST REGION....I could do any of the dates

913 D3 9.5 with Diamana 62 S+ Stiff

Had 983k, 905r and s, 907 d3 and now 913 D3....just love the feeling of the titleist drivers and would relish a chance to hit the 915

5 hdcp

Right handed

No never been fit before....would love to see how close or far off I actually am

Absolutely would agree to all feedback photo taking and review of the 915

[list]
[*]Houston, TX (Thurs. Dec. 4, 2014)
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? Callaway Optiforce 440, Diamana 65 S
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? Got some of the best hitting a version of the 915D3 in a golf store
[*]Your Current Handicap? 15
[*]Are you righty or lefty? Right
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Yes
[/list]

In a post below, enter the REGION, LOCATION and DATE

East Region, Jacksonville, FL & any date - I live here.

What is your current driver / shaft combination?
Hireko Acer XK - regular flex

Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?
I'm in the market for an adjustable driver. Curious to see what performance gains will be made with a fitted driver from a brand that pros use.

Your Current Handicap?
Twelve - could be lower - I occasionally lose faith/confidence in my driver and tend to leave it in the bag or I keep swinging it and have to add a lot of penalty shots to my score.

Are you righty or lefty?
Right

Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver?
No.

If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?

Yes. I have some experience as a blogger/writer and would enjoy writing an in-depth, insightful, informative & hopefully entertaining article about getting fitted and the entire Titleist process.

West, Glendale, 12/5/14[list]
[*]SLDR 460 - stock shaft
[*]I've always heard great things about previous Titleist drivers, so I would really love to hit the newest offering!
[*]Unofficially a 15 handicap
[*]Righty
[*]Never professionally fit
[*]YES, I agree to participate in an ongoing review thread requiring me to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club
[/list]

[list]
[*]What is your [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1100689-apply-here-titleist-915-d2-and-d3-driver-fitting-testing-thread/#"]current driver[/url] / shaft combination?
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?
[*]Your Current Handicap?
[*]Are you righty or lefty?
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver?
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1100689-apply-here-titleist-915-d2-and-d3-driver-fitting-testing-thread/#"]photos[/url] and give a review and feedback on the club?
[/list]

I would love to test this driver. I would be open for either of the west region but prefer Valencia, Ca on Dec. 6th.

My current driver is a 460 TM SLDR w/ a Project X PXV Tour 6.5

I'd like to test this club because I previously played a 910d3 and didn't see a difference from the 913d3. I loved my 910 but was easily taken out of the bag by the SLDR.

As I write this, I am a 3.6 hc. Though winter is here and that will probably go up.

I am a righty.

I was professionally fitted for my SLDR. By TMAG in nor-cal

I would be happy to review, take photos, and give feedback. Honestly it would just be really cool to get to be a part of it.