Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

Deninny, I played that game a lot of last summer, and while slinging a low hooking 5 iron around a bunch of trees and at the right side of the fairway and coming back to the green area hard may impress some buddies with your ability to work the ball, it gets really old, really frustrating, and really fast. I had probably 10+ rounds last year with 4 shots per round like that. I also didn't break 80 the last 2 months or so of my membership. Blades are more fun seeing flights from the fairway and making those happen than seeing WTF you can do to advance a ball for a chance at an up and down.

I had quite a few rounds like that last year. In fact, my last one was a bit like that, especially the back nine. For me, driving and wedges make the difference between a sub eighty round and an over 90 round. If both are bad, I could go over 90, especially if the course is tight with OB everywhere.

I tried the George Spirits again. They really are great to hit, but I don't have the funds or space to buy them right now. The guy in the shop reckoned he would be able to shift them pretty quickly.

Also tried a PXG driver. First one I have seen in the flesh. Secondhand for 110,000 yen (over $1,000, right?). It felt gorgeous, really soft. The guy who brought it in apparently said that it didn't go very far, which was why he was selling it, but it may not have been the right shaft for him (HZRDUS of some variety. Felt pretty stable).

Driver is the most important club in the bag. If I can find my ball (and it's not O.B.) I can make a par (or lower). The problem is the courses in Japan are insanely penal. Recovery shots? Nah.... If you miss the fairway, it's quite likely you are ob. And, actually just thinking about it... I either bomb it or it's gone. There is literally no in between.

I used to play seriously tight courses in Canada growing up. And I could keep my ball in play all day with a three iron or less. And I managed my game better, pulling driver only when necessary. OB and Hazards could generally be avoided. But, the courses here, well, I'm just as likely to hit my iron out of bounds as I am my driver.

One big problem that's also dawned on me is I have this 3-wood that I hit a mile too and sometimes I just take it as my longest club. But doing this actually is hurting my game because the driver gets even less time (when you are playing once a month, that's no good).

Long ago, when I was a little more flexible and had more time to hit the course, I didn't carry a three wood and when I did it might not see the light of day. I think that might start to happen again. What's the use of being useless with two clubs? Better to be semi-proficient with one.

$1,000 on the button.....

Not a big deal over there, but even that is upper end. I am still quite happy with my $350 maxima......when I hit it. Never hit a PXG wood, just the ping irons. I have no desire in the brand at all, but I have noticed on auction that the Japanese are really into them, sorta seems like last 3-6 months they became a mainstay brand on auction.

That the PXG are appearing a lot on Japanese auction sites may not be a ringing endorsement of the brand... I started to see adverts for PXG on the Japanese Golf Network around the end of last year, so I am assuming that they started becoming available sometime around then. If they are already on auction sites now, that tells me people are getting rid of them pretty quickly.

The driver certainly felt nice, but for that price I could get a new Ping G driver AND the George Spirits irons.

Thousand dollars for a driver? That'll be the day.

Already been done.

In 1996, Ram came out with the FX Ti driver, it was made of forged titanium. Price was $1,000.

At the time, I expect that was a much more expensive process than it is now, hence the price. It's one of the things that helped doom Ram as a company.

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM BRNR Mini 11.5* at 10.2*, 43.5", SK Fiber Tour Trac 100 X

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; Tommy Armour 986 Tours 2-PW, Modus 105 S
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Mizuno TPM-2 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

If I bought a $1,000+ driver, every drive better end happy. Like have a cigarette after happy.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

There are a few pages of used 4 figure drivers over there, japan has stupid expensive drivers. Interesting point on guys selling PXG and time frames.

Look, if you really feel like being discriminating to the point of absurdity regarding clubs, they aren't going to find anything better than what they have over there already. They love Cameron, and love some Amercan made things, maybe if Germans were forging things they would be huge in Japan, but PXG has to be utter sh$t compared to JDM stuff in that price range. I mean I really, really like my roddio hybrid, only hybrid ever I like. Has a addi shaft, hits towers, I generally hit it sorta straight, and again, only hybrid ever I like and it is staying for a long time. That said, I paid $240 for the damn thing used, plus 8% plus shipping to japan and shipping to me. And all because the damn thing is probably like 70,000 yen new, Who in the hell does what I did for it, let alone gets a new one? I would LOVE a Roddio Driver, same type, LOVE one to try. But at best shafted as I would want I am looking at 40-60K Yen for a USED driver. Not PXG money, but I bet better and longer. HOWEVER, my driver is fine, the "Driver" of the ball is freaking not fine and no amount of money thrown at a club is fixing that, but money at more lessons and some real effort to keep it straight this summer is already in the works. I will probably eventually get one, but only because they have big resale here, as was with the maxima, but I really do like the maxima.

I passed on a beautiful putter from some place out of Kyoto I had never heard of, face looked like some pre Benock thing as they are out of there as well, started with an R, like Raikku or something like that but longer? It was a few hundred, looked like a $550 putter, and someone did snatch it so it wasn't some oddity locals pass on, and I had to pass even though I really liked it alot and thought it very possible a benock made head at 1/4 the price because over here it would have been worth spit on ebay even if it really was a $600 putter.......

SO funny how perception really drives golf equipment. It is why blades have been shamed out, why people pay $399 for those scotties and bettis at PGA sup store ($399!!!! for those! but some Kyoto made one off CNC milled beauty would be unsellable on ebay).......Questioning perception is both very difficult at first, but becomes easier and is extremely rewarding when you find some things that really are a pleasure and may go against the grain some...cough cough, blades...

If I bought a $1,000+ driver, every drive better end happy. Like have a cigarette after happy.

I will install a custom fleshlight grip on my Masda Driver as I am really needing to get around to selling and sell it to you for $1000. I will even through in a free bottle of KY, what the hell.....Then I can justify that Roddio, and you can be the envy of your playing group, just watch out for Deninny "peeing" in the bushes at the turn...

PM me for Paypal instructions hahahaha

Seriously if anyone wants a Masda driver, it is yours for $200 net to me. It is a big money driver, it is way longer than my maxima (why I haven't sold it) has a Diamana shaft of some kind, and I got it for only $245 or so because the guy couldn't sell it on ebay over here as no one knew what it was (I can find on yahoo auction, but it is like a $500 head). Anyway, I can't hit it straight, when I do, it is 10-15 longer than my maxima on average, but I can't trust it at all and so it sits. For what it is and what I paid it doesn't bother me sitting because one day soon I am going to be a legend off the tee and it is just lying in wait for that day when I hit drives like 7 irons down the fairway.....and then BOOM, break out the long head and have it be like hitting 5 irons down fairways....

It is this in I am 99% sure 9.5* :

https://www.tourspec...river.html?v=12

-Edit, I just realized how stupid it sounds when I say "I can't hit it straight" Like I hit the maxima so Fing straight all the time.....God I hate driving, and it used to be so much fun.....

OMFG Bigmean you just made me spit coffee on my phone. Fleshlight grip. ROFLMAO!!! The Rockitballs Driver.

Registered Bladeocrat

Biggie, a tee game suggestion for you....

Get yourself a cheap driver clubhead of some sort that you can easily weight up and play at 43.5", maybe 44" at the dead most. Go with a graphite shaft close to 80g, if not over that, and give it a run.

It's something of a soapbox topic for me... the biggest problem with the tee game today is the decision of OEMs to market 45" and longer drivers. There's a reason drivers were 43" or 43.5" at the most (not accounting for the players who needed longer for height or other reasons) for such a long time.

Yeah, you might be shorter with a 43.5" club, and I do mean only "might." You might also find no loss in distance, or even hit it farther. But it sure as hell beats punching out of the trees four times a round, don't you think?

There was a time I could hit the ball cartoonishly far, relative to my age and skill level. But I would spend an unseemly amount of time navigating trees, heavy rough, and of course the ever popular penalty drops for rinsing a ball here and there. When I first dropped to single digit level, it came when I'd dedicated myself to playing persimmons for 3 months, in the summer of 2008. The driver was heavier, 43" long, and 11°; closer to the three wood I'd been playing prior than it was to the drivers I'd been using.

It's why I've almost always played my drivers at 44" at most, and why I've got the cotton balls ready to try my King LTD at 43.5". Though it's already at 44.125" with the Protopype 80 I've tossed in it...

They're not as sexy as your old stuff, but R1 and previous TM drivers are easy to add weight to, with the MWT. You can even add additional weights to the tracks of the SLDR and R15. The Cobra F6 is pretty cheap these days, you can replace the 2g plastic weight with a second weight to get the job done. :)

Or just lead tape the hell out of something.

Try it, Biggie. Save the life of innocent golf balls that only yearn for the bottom of the cup! LOL

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; Tommy Armour 986 Tours 2-PW, Modus 105 S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Mizuno TPM-2 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

A fleshlight grip would certainly be a talking point on the first tee.

The current POTUS should definitely install one on his driver since he is so keen on grabbing things by the.....nevermind, I'll just show myself out.

Interesting point on putters: the local second hand shop has a Kronos answer-style putter in at the moment. It's going for 35,000 yen (about $315), which I think is a little over priced. However, I really like it, I love its weight and balance and I was thinking about splurging for it. The guy at the shop basically tried to talk me out of it saying it wouldn't keep its value.

To me, the value of the putter is in whether it helps me make putts or not. It's not in the second/third hand value.

For sure NcN. Here is the deal, I have 4-6 putters I can make putts with and game, I have like 20 putters total. The only way I can do this and feel responsible is that if it comes down to my family needing something, which hopefully never will, I didn't piss away money on a hobby and I can liquidate, so the only way I can sleep at night with my putter collection is knowing that. I get my fix, I have my fun. And when one doesn't do it for me I flip it and replace at little gain or loss.

I am really happy you brought up the Kronos. They are made here, but seemingly only sell in Japan. I have long been intrigued by them, seem really popular there and look like a nice putter. That answer style is called the Kronos touch, and $315 is fair from what I have seen.

They look really good.

My golds is the perfect answer style for me, and with that I really try to avoid answer styles as I have that, a como come edition limited whitlam, a hogan Bettie I refinished awesome, and a Santa Fe. I have answer way covered. And here is my honest opinion on answer putters, I truly love my golds, biggest surprise but ever as I was expecting it to be more hype than workhorse. But really if the head weight is right then any answer can be used well if you like answers, and I do.

I would recommend you look into a kitada head. Go on yahoo auction, a guy sells them for 16,000 or so. Word is that golds uses kitada heads, if my golds is a kitada head with weight added, that head would be amazing with a few strips of tape and 1/7th the cost. I am probably grabbing a head to just have since $150 and see.

The Kronos chap has actually visited my local second hand shop. There is a picture of him with the manager. The guy behind Kronos apparently spent some time in Japan, and really likes the place. I really liked the putter. I liked its look, weight, and feel, and I got good results from it on the shop's little putting area.

I'm still tempted. But I am still in love with heel-shafted half-mallets right now. That Masuda Weapon of Mass Destruction or whatever it is called is a great fit for me.

Well, that's it for me tonight. I'm in Tokyo tomorrow on work. Hopefully be able to grab some time to look around some second hand shops

I've kept stats on my rounds and I competently agree with all that tee shot and wedge play dictates attaining a great score

Work on the range shows that a slightly shorter shaft and a smaller 390cc head leads to much better striking and wedge shots of lowered trajectory increase accuracy quite a bit.

I just purchased a 2nd R510 I am going to go even shorter with shaft (43"-44") and bump up SW a bit to see if I can get even better results.

On chipping, I find that if I focus on carrying ball proportionally the same every time, things get a lot more consistent and predictable. Use one club, one carry and vary trajectory by setup of ball position in stance.

Whether I break 80 with it all has yet to be seen. I still have not gotten out since last Fall. Going soon though.

Biggie, a tee game suggestion for you....

Get yourself a cheap driver clubhead of some sort that you can easily weight up and play at 43.5", maybe 44" at the dead most. Go with a graphite shaft close to 80g, if not over that, and give it a run.

It's something of a soapbox topic for me... the biggest problem with the tee game today is the decision of OEMs to market 45" and longer drivers. There's a reason drivers were 43" or 43.5" at the most (not accounting for the players who needed longer for height or other reasons) for such a long time.

Yeah, you might be shorter with a 43.5" club, and I do mean only "might." You might also find no loss in distance, or even hit it farther. But it sure as hell beats punching out of the trees four times a round, don't you think?

There was a time I could hit the ball cartoonishly far, relative to my age and skill level. But I would spend an unseemly amount of time navigating trees, heavy rough, and of course the ever popular penalty drops for rinsing a ball here and there. When I first dropped to single digit level, it came when I'd dedicated myself to playing persimmons for 3 months, in the summer of 2008. The driver was heavier, 43" long, and 11°; closer to the three wood I'd been playing prior than it was to the drivers I'd been using.

It's why I've almost always played my drivers at 44" at most, and why I've got the cotton balls ready to try my King LTD at 43.5". Though it's already at 44.125" with the Protopype 80 I've tossed in it...

They're not as sexy as your old stuff, but R1 and previous TM drivers are easy to add weight to, with the MWT. You can even add additional weights to the tracks of the SLDR and R15. The Cobra F6 is pretty cheap these days, you can replace the 2g plastic weight with a second weight to get the job done. :)

Or just lead tape the hell out of something.

Try it, Biggie. Save the life of innocent golf balls that only yearn for the bottom of the cup! LOL

My Driver is only 45" Maybe I should take that 48" novelty R7 and cut it to something extreme like 43.5"? I haven't used it much at 48...

45" is still too long for most people. Average PGA Tour driver length is about 44.5". Ping staffers average around 45", and you can add Rory and DJ to the over 45" crowd, but all that means is the average of everyone else is under 44.5".

Rickie has done pretty well with his 43.5" King F7+.

Getting back to your stick... are you talking about the R7 quad? You could really mess with the swingweight with that thing, unplugging a couple weights and replacing them with heavier ones, allowing you to go to 43.5" easily. The weights aren't all that expensive, you can find them at Billy Bob's Golf, GolfWorks, fleabay, all sorts of places.

The only downside of the Quad is it's a fixed hosel. I'm a big believer in the plug and play aspect of the adjustable drivers. It's only completely awesome. :pimp:

Hey NRJ, those mechanical adapters add more weight to the head, no? They also change the CG location of the head too, relatively speaking.

I'm not saying this is at all bad, it just highlights how trivial "CG location" and "clubhead MOI as it rotates around the CG" are with respect to the marketing of their "importance". Prior to the implementation of adapters, the industry push was to keep making the head lighter and club longer and then all of a sudden these heavier adapters come along and reset the head weight to be heavier again. LOL for convenience, all of a sudden weight and weight distribution become secondary to the "design".

My bigger, but still minor, issue with adapters are that they are a mechanical "seal" (if you will) and typically glue seals are better. With a mechanical seal there will be (theoretically) some slippage between the two connected objects as compared to them being glued together. But this is admittedly nitpicky on my part.

Registered Bladeocrat

Hey NRJ, those mechanical adapters add more weight to the head, no? They also change the CG location of the head too, relatively speaking.

They account for that when they design the drivers. :)

I'm not saying this is at all bad, it just highlights how trivial "CG location" and "clubhead MOI as it rotates around the CG" are with respect to the marketing of their "importance". Prior to the implementation of adapters, the industry push was to keep making the head lighter and club longer and then all of a sudden these heavier adapters come along and reset the head weight to be heavier again. LOL for convenience, all of a sudden weight and weight distribution become secondary to the "design".

If you're talking about the amount of CG movement involved in things like MWT, yes, it's fairly trivial. Though it *does* have some effect. Anecdotally speaking, a friend of mine with a fade just moved his R15 weights to the "both in the heel" location, and his fade straightened out. Insert sample size caveat here, lol.

My bigger, but still minor, issue with adapters are that they are a mechanical "seal" (if you will) and typically glue seals are better. With a mechanical seal there will be (theoretically) some slippage between the two connected objects as compared to them being glued together. But this is admittedly nitpicky on my part.

Understandable. Most (all?) of the adapters all have something physical about their design to keep them from slipping. Like the notches on the Cobra adapter and top of the hosel. Still mechanical, but at least they're not relying purely on the force applied by the torque wrench to keep things in place. ;)

It maybe isn't ideal, but IMHO the positives outweigh the negatives. Being able to unplug a shaft and replace it with another in less than a minute, or being able to theoretically fit multiple golfers with the same clubhead by merely using different adapter positions, is nothing short of amazing.

Folks who need an open clubhead can now have it without having to resort to extremes. Folks who need a closed clubhead can now have it, again without having to resort to extremes.

It's a beautiful thing. :)

I guess there's little mystery on where I stand, eh? LOL

Surely the manufacturers have taken into account that the adapter changes the COG, no matter how infinitesimal.

Since you don't have the choice to either use an adapter or not, it really can't be "relatively speaking"

Or surely they know it really doesn't matter as much as they market it to be. Because the impact IS infinitesimal. And they made a concession in their marketed "tech" for convenience. Often manufacturers overstate the "science" of something marketed and often it is tied to convenience or cost reductions. Surely it is obvious the manufacturers want to reduce costs at every opportunity.

By relatively speaking I mean the adapter weight (and what it does to CG) is heavier than the case without the adapter. The only way you can compare the impact of one design "feature" is to assess the "NOT" condition of said feature while keeping all other things equal. This has nothing to do with whether or not the other option exists. The adapter adds weight, relatively speaking, to the case when there is no adapter. So yes you can compare two things relatively whether or not they actually exist. If you can envision the same exact driver without the added weight of the adapter, then you can determine the impact of added said weight.

Registered Bladeocrat

Surely the manufacturers have taken into account that the adapter changes the COG, no matter how infinitesimal.

Since you don't have the choice to either use an adapter or not, it really can't be "relatively speaking"

Or surely they know it really doesn't matter as much as they market it to be. Because the impact IS infinitesimal. And they made a concession in their marketed "tech" for convenience. Often manufacturers overstate the "science" of something marketed and often it is tied to convenience or cost reductions. Surely it is obvious the manufacturers want to reduce costs at every opportunity.

By relatively speaking I mean the adapter weight (and what it does to CG) is heavier than the case without the adapter. The only way you can compare the impact of one design "feature" is to assess the "NOT" condition of said feature while keeping all other things equal. This has nothing to do with whether or not the other option exists. The adapter adds weight, relatively speaking, to the case when there is no adapter. So yes you can compare two things relatively whether or not they actually exist. If you can envision the same exact driver without the added weight of the adapter, then you can determine the impact of added said weight.

Sure. But that would be akin to saying that a putter with a straight in shaft would have different toe hang to the same putter if it had a plumber's neck even though it isn't available with a plumber's neck. And while that comparison can be made, it's a worthless comparison.

Sure. But that would be akin to saying that a putter with a straight in shaft would have different toe hang to the same putter if it had a plumber's neck. And while that comparison can be made, it's a worthless comparison.

Sure. But that would be akin to saying that a putter with a straight in shaft would have different toe hang to the same putter if it had a plumber's neck even though it isn't available with a plumber's neck. And while that comparison can be made, it's a worthless comparison.

Sure. But that would be akin to saying that a putter with a straight in shaft would have different toe hang to the same putter if it had a plumber's neck. And while that comparison can be made, it's a worthless comparison.

To you it may be worthless. To me the knowledge adds value and a better understanding of the worthless "tech" marketed by manufacturers. This is just an example. I can compare drivers with adapters and know they are heavier than drivers without them and I KNOW the adapter increased the SW of the club. AND with that knowledge I KNOW that by going from a glued driver head (which you can still buy used) to an adapter head that I will have to make a concession on the SW and accept it or simply not change.

Your argument actually supports my bigger picture point: the manufacturers are forcing changes simply to reduce cost and make things convenient and it is at the expense of things they once marketed as "important". If you want to limit your own world view to what is only "for sale" then yes it is pointless for you to have this convo with me because I completely understand your point and I'm getting at something beyond it.

Also by your logic it is pointless to talk about how jacking CB lofts changes ball flight because no manufacturer offers the same CBs with a jacked loft and not jacked loft version. Surely we can still understand and discuss the merit or detriment of the change without there needing to be both on the market.

Registered Bladeocrat

I think you're arguing from a false premise. Raw head weight of drivers is lower now than it was before the adjustable "revolution".

For example: The R510TP was one of my favorite heads of all time. It's head weight is around 203g. The callaway epic is 195g and the epic sub zero is 197g. +/- a bit for manufacturing tolerances etc etc. The manufacturers take into account the weight of the adapter when they design these heads, so that the heads perform similar to how they would if they were designed to be glued.

The only worthwhile conclusions that can be drawn from comparisons between glued and adjustable drivers, must take into account the adapter as part of the head, not part of the shaft.

Edit to respond to my "world view": I use blades and currently use a bonded driver and three wood. I definitely do not "limit my worldview to just what is 'for sale'". Another swing and a miss.

I think you're arguing from a false premise. Raw head weight of drivers is lower now than it was before the adjustable "revolution".

For example: The R510TP was one of my favorite heads of all time. It's head weight is around 203g. The callaway epic is 195g and the epic sub zero is 197g. +/- a bit for manufacturing tolerances etc etc. The manufacturers take into account the weight of the adapter when they design these heads, so that the heads perform similar to how they would if they were designed to be glued.

The only worthwhile conclusions that can be drawn from comparisons between glued and adjustable drivers, must take into account the adapter as part of the head, not part of the shaft.

Edit to respond to my "world view": I use blades and currently use a bonded driver and three wood. I definitely do not "limit my worldview to just what is 'for sale'". Another swing and a miss.

I think you are supporting my point without even knowing it. By adding the heavier adapter the manufacturer HAD to make the head lighter in order to get the SW and other things to line up with the glued drivers. LMAO you just gave me the data behind my point.

And furthermore you have no data (at least not disclosed) as to how the CG locations changed between those drivers, nor how the head MOI changed and various other things changed. I think that is your false premise that "they took everything into account". Maybe none of it mattered in the first place was my point.

Also you may have missed that I said ALL OTHER THNGS EQUAL precisely to address the fact that someone would miss this and nitpick it with a completely separate argument.

And as to my last "swing and a miss", you clearly limited your world view in the context of driver adapters, so my point hit the mark perfectly in that context. LMAO they were your own words. I'm glad you have a more open view with other topics, but to the point that you specifically made yourself, you clearly limited your world view.

Registered Bladeocrat

I think you are supporting my point without even knowing it. By adding the heavier adapter the manufacturer HAD to make the head lighter in order to get the SW and other things to line up with the glued drivers. LMAO you just gave me the data behind my point.

And furthermore you have no data (at least not disclosed) as to how the CG locations changed between those drivers, nor how the head MOI changed and various other things changed. I think that is your false premise that "they took everything into account". Maybe none of it mattered in the first place was my point.

Also you may have missed that I said ALL OTHER THNGS EQUAL precisely to address the fact that someone would miss this and nitpick it with a completely separate argument.

And as to my last "swing and a miss", you clearly limited your world view in the context of driver adapters, so my point hit the mark perfectly in that context. LMAO they were your own words. I'm glad you have a more open view with other topics, but to the point that you specifically made yourself, you clearly limited your world view.

You're arguing in circles. You are the one that claimed SW would be higher with a driver with an adapter in it because it would be heavier. That is wrong. Now you are saying that they had to make the head weight smaller to make the SW be similar. Circle.

I don't understand your response to my edit. I have not limited my world view, I'm arguing that you are wrong. That has nothing whatsoever to do with my world view.

I've not made any statement, one way or the other, about the manufacturers or their tactics. I am simply saying that when they design an adjustable driver, they take into account the adapter. If you don't believe that is the case, then I think you're wrong. Anything else is assumption on your part.