2024 The Memorial Tournament WITB Pics & New Titleist GT woods ×

Tiger in italy....something is missing

Pat du Golf

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he was lifting weights and dropped one on his mouth. the tooth that's gone was the one that was mis colored for many years. The guy can't do anything without scrutiny.

And given what has happened to Allenby, it's a lot easier to understand why he's always surrounded by security.

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

I just went thru this whole process. It was a pain in the arse and took 18 months. I killed my front tooth player full on tackle soccer in the hallway of a university dorm

I used to have a stub (root canal) and a cap. But the stub had started to rot after 25 years. So they pull that out. Need to let it heal (which is what he is doing now). Then you get a flipper - like the hockey players. You have tooth basically hanging off a piece of plastic that sits on the roof of your mouth

Now he has to go get surgery to put take a bone graft from his jaw to the area above that teeth. Front teeth need more bone to hold an implant. Then you gotta get the implant surgery after the bone graft heals. Then you drop in a screw with a fake tooth to get the gums healing around the tooth shape. Then you get your replacement tooth that screws into the implant

Ping G430 10k 10.5* Diamana ZF 60x

Cally AI Smoke TD 3w 17* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping i210 & s55 6 - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

Scotty GoLo

[quote name='cardoustie' timestamp='1421699649' post='10777945']
I just went thru this whole process. It was a pain in the arse and took 18 months. I killed my front tooth player full on tackle soccer in the hallway of a university dorm

I used to have a stub (root canal) and a cap. But the stub had started to rot after 25 years. So they pull that out. Need to let it heal (which is what he is doing now). Then you get a flipper - like the hockey players. You have tooth basically hanging off a piece of plastic that sits on the roof of your mouth

Now he has to go get surgery to put take a bone graft from his jaw to the area above that teeth. Front teeth need more bone to hold an implant. Then you gotta get the implant surgery after the bone graft heals. Then you drop in a screw with a fake tooth to get the gums healing around the tooth shape. Then you get your replacement tooth that screws into the implant
[/quote]

That sounds like a godawful ordeal. But I'm sure it is worth it.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

[quote name='lumberman2462' timestamp='1421700039' post='10777983']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, that sounds horrible. I'm sure there are worse things in life, but all of that work to have a fake tooth... I'd just rock the gap.

----------------
Golf Jobs

spacer.png

More like a tooth fell out of the denture he is wearing after the ex chased him down with an iron.

Guess the "fallout" is still happening.

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

[/quote]

[/quote]

A lot of pain and tylenol 3's. The bone graft was a killer. They do it under a general at the hospital

But it sure beats having a fake tooth fall out during a business lunch

All in my cost is about 5 grand ...

So happy it is finally over. That first 10 days walking around without a front tooth are hillbilly time. Ironically I went skiing after about a week and it was weird talking to folks with a massive gap and a lisp

Ping G430 10k 10.5* Diamana ZF 60x

Cally AI Smoke TD 3w 17* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping i210 & s55 6 - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

Scotty GoLo

'During a crush of photographers at the awards' podium at the World Cup event in Italy, a media member with a shoulder-mounted video camera pushed and surged towards the stage, turned and hit Tiger Woods in the mouth,' Woods' agent Mark Steinberg said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2916898/Tiger-Woods-covers-missing-tooth-mask-surprises-girlfriend-Lindsey-Vonn-record-breaking-win.html

Dang... that guy has the best and worst karma of any man I've heard of. That camera man better have a good lawyer.

----------------
Golf Jobs

spacer.png

http://universalsports.com/video/2015-alpine-skiing-world-cup-cortina-dampezzo-vonn-wins-63rd-race/

His girlfriend is a boss!

----------------
Golf Jobs

spacer.png

[quote name='golfpros1' timestamp='1421703787' post='10778429']
[url="http://universalsports.com/video/2015-alpine-skiing-world-cup-cortina-dampezzo-vonn-wins-63rd-race/"]http://universalspor...wins-63rd-race/[/url]

His girlfriend is a boss!
[/quote]

Vonn needed 305 races to win 63. Moser-Pröll won 62 out of 170 races, taking two years off on the peak of her career to care for her father who was dying from cancer.
And there wasn't even the Super-G event then, which would have been the perfect event for her and which she would have totally dominated.
As is always the case, it is impossible to compare athletes from different eras.

I see a gap. There definitely is a gap.

[quote name='cardoustie' timestamp='1421701810' post='10778191']

[/quote]

[/quote]

A lot of pain and tylenol 3's. The bone graft was a killer. They do it under a general at the hospital

But it sure beats having a fake tooth fall out during a business lunch

All in my cost is about 5 grand ...

So happy it is finally over. That first 10 days walking around without a front tooth are hillbilly time. Ironically I went skiing after about a week and it was weird talking to folks with a massive gap and a lisp
[/quote]I would have asked for something stronger than t3's

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

[quote name='Arizonalefty59' timestamp='1421695758' post='10777605']
[quote name='whcwhc' timestamp='1421694844' post='10777477']
[url="http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/12194491/tiger-woods-front-tooth-knocked-videographer-agent-says"]http://espn.go.com/g...pher-agent-says[/url]
[/quote]
That's about as believable as the Allenby story. What are the chances that the videographer happened to knock out the yellow tooth?
[/quote]

Haven't you heard of Sony's new 250 pound shoulder-mounted ENG cam with incisor-seeking edges comprising the rear-mounted battery? Also, the cameraman was a former Olympic shot put thrower with some serious turn velocity!

Weird how I've taken pucks and sticks to the mouth but still have all of my teeth (knock on wood).

[i]Does it seem possible that the camera hit just the tooth?[/i]
[i]That would explain the lack of any apparent bruising or any other damage caused by a blow to the face that was powerful enough to take out a tooth......[/i]

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1421708645' post='10778939']
[i]That would explain the lack of any apparent bruising or any other damage caused by a blow to the face that was powerful enough to take out a tooth......[/i]
[/quote]

A dead / dying tooth is extremely fragile and if it broke off at gumline there would be NO Blood. If it had previous root canal there will be no pain or feeling.

The media calling Tiger and Steinberg liars need to whip out a dental mirror...ask TW to open his mouth ...and check it for themselves
:(

[quote name='AztecGold' timestamp='1421710499' post='10779073']
[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1421708645' post='10778939']
[/quote]

A dead / dying tooth is extremely fragile and if it broke off at gumline there would be NO Blood. If it had previous root canal there will be no pain or feeling.

The media calling Tiger and Steinberg liars need to whip out a dental mirror...ask TW to open his mouth ...and check it for themselves
:(
[/quote]
I just find it odd, having witnessed many blows to the mouth, that there is no visible tissue damage, bruising or swelling of his mouth in the area around the tooth.....
And discolouration of a tooth is not usually a sign of decay. It is often a pigment issue, such as the one tooth I have that has been a different colour from my other teeth since the day it came in. I'm sure it must have just been a direct hit on the tooth itself.........

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

[/quote]

Your procedure was different than mine. I had two done in the same 12 month period. Both were top molar - second from end. The bine implant must be different for front than rear. They used some sort of bone extract and injected it in the hole - no general surgery, Several months with a fake tooth and then drilling for the implant and then the implant later on. Weird trying to get used to two missing teeth that are used for a lot of chewing

Another spin from the Steiny just like the Escalade night (the convicted DUI example of truth). Ambien nah, he was just tired...taking a little nappy in the street after hitting the fire hydrant. A video cameraman just happened to knock the yellow dying tooth out....good aim.. I believe this crud as much as I believe the Allenby fable.. I am surprised with all the fiddling around Tiger has done over the years we haven't seen him battered and bruised..

Maybe he can get a volume discount tooth implant and some hair implants.. That way he could play the first few events with his Nike hat and his ski mask...Maybe the other golfers would fear him again..

[quote name='Bob57' timestamp='1421712329' post='10779271']
Another spin from the Steiny just like the Escalade night (the convicted DUI example of truth). Ambien nah, he was just tired...taking a little nappy in the street after hitting the fire hydrant. A video cameraman just happened to knock the yellow dying tooth out....good aim.. I believe this crud as much as I believe the Allenby fable.. I am surprised with all the fiddling around Tiger has done over the years we haven't seen him battered and bruised..

Maybe he can get a volume discount tooth implant and some hair implants.. That way he could play the first few events with his Nike hat and his ski mask...Maybe the other golfers would fear him again..
[/quote]

^this

Steiny probably paid off a cameraman to back up his story