2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

The mysterious truth to me would be that Dean Snell is the designer of the Ksig given his resume and the quality of both balls. :swoon:

For the record, I have no association with Dean, the ball mfg industry or Costco.

I would agree that Dean was likely involved in or designed the guts of the Ksig ball. He's made enough references that point me in that direction. If I had to guess, it is that the cores were for the Taylor Made ball he designed and there was a huge overrun of these that someone else is applying a cover to until those over-runs run out. This is just a guess.

There are more ways to misappropriate intellectual property than just using otherwise leftover "cores". Each and every K-Sig could have been created from the inside out using a brand-new vat of polymer and be a rip-off of TaylorMade or some other ball designer. Asian contract manufacturers are infamous for ignoring the fact that a design (and/or manufacturing method and/or material and/or engineering know-how) actually belongs to one customer and just selling it to others as they see fit.

NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON GOLFWRX

Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

yeah I agree, its time for the new Snell Dean, anticipation is at a all time high..the customer needs to see this ball, frustration starting, cuz I would hate to think its a marketing ploy, no offense Dean.. :)

Just a thought, but Dean may not be able to talk about this for several reasons, including the fact that there is active litigation that may involve his IP. At some point he may be called to testify or give a deposition either as an injured party or as an expert witness. As long as the lawsuits are active I'm guessing we won't hear much from him on the subject... I am very much looking forward to the new ball though... I know what I want to see from it but as I've never hit one of his ball designs that I hated I'm confident it will be solid.

yeah I agree, its time for the new Snell Dean, anticipation is at a all time high..the customer needs to see this ball, frustration starting, cuz I would hate to think its a marketing ploy, no offense Dean.. :)

Just a thought, but Dean may not be able to talk about this for several reasons, including the fact that there is active litigation that may involve his IP. At some point he may be called to testify or give a deposition either as an injured party or as an expert witness. As long as the lawsuits are active I'm guessing we won't hear much from him on the subject... I am very much looking forward to the new ball though... I know what I want to see from it but as I've never hit one of his ball designs that I hated I'm confident it will be solid.

Couldn’t we just as easily wildly speculate that the ksig IS coming back and that dean wants us to think it isn’t so those of us that really like both (me) will buy snells instead of holding out fully until our last stash of ksigs are gone? I trust him but also think this ksig thing has had to hurt his sales. I know for a fact I would have bought another six pack of snells if the ksig hadn’t come along. All just speculation.

All bull**** aside I am sure the new ball will be awesome.

Couldn't we just as easily wildly speculate that the ksig IS coming back and that dean wants us to think it isn't so those of us that really like both (me) will buy snells instead of holding out fully until our last stash of ksigs are gone? I trust him but also think this ksig thing has had to hurt his sales. I know for a fact I would have bought another six pack of snells if the ksig hadn't come along. All just speculation.

All bull**** aside I am sure the new ball will be awesome.

a few posts back I wrote something about costco, and mentioned about the small amounts of product available, and trickle out slowly which keeps them in the news... this actually has helped us in sales... there have been many articles and stories written about this, including some quotes in the wall street journal. Snell Golf was also mentioned in just about every story written as also being in the direct to consumer business, making high quality, high performance balls at affordable pricing... so this was very good exposure for us as we were just starting out and not well known.. so it has created a lot of new customers for us as well... plus, the big advantage we have is that when customers come to our site, learn our story of the MTB ball, we have golf balls in stock and they can buy... every day of the month.... every month of the year..so I agree some customers may have bought them instead of coming back, but we have gained several new ones, and grew 400 percent last year during this big phase..

So KSIG hurts Titleist , helps Snell and has other major brands lowering prices...THREE DAYS A YEAR.

Fixed it for you.

nice try NB, isn’t this the first year Chrome Soft has lowered their end of cycle prices ? Snell himself said sales were up 400%. We know Titleist is down considerable , not just a little.

Must have been a WHOPPING 3 days

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

So KSIG hurts Titleist , helps Snell and has other major brands lowering prices...THREE DAYS A YEAR.

Fixed it for you.

nice try NB, isn’t this the first year Chrome Soft has lowered their end of cycle prices ? Snell himself said sales were up 400%. We know Titleist is down considerable , not just a little.

400% is a nice increase but it's a relative number that doesn't tell us much about their actual sales volume.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Fixed it for you.

So Titleist has the 2017 version of ProV1 and V1x now on sale for $39.99. Maybe its a pre Black Friday thing but I am sure the Chrome Soft at $31.99 got their attention.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Fixed it for you.

So Titleist has the 2017 version of ProV1 and V1x now on sale for $39.99. Maybe its a pre Black Friday thing but I am sure the Chrome Soft at $31.99 got their attention.

Titleist does that this time every year.

And next spring when they sell ProV1 buy three, get one free, that ain’t because of K -Sig either.

Or maybe the K-Sig effect is so powerful it reached back through time and made Titleist start running promotions 10 years ago!

Fixed it for you.

Titleist does that this time every year.

And next spring when they sell ProV1 buy three, get one free, that ain't because of K -Sig either.

Or maybe the K-Sig effect is so powerful it reached back through time and made Titleist start running promotions 10 years ago!

I thought it was a little earlier in the season, I mean we are not to Thanksgiving yet. My point was Callaway price drop may have influenced Titleist to react early. Bottom line is all quality balls seem to be a little cheaper than before KSIG came on seen. You can love Titleist and they make a great product, but to deny they have been losing market share and are getting a little desperate to not lose more (AVX) would be complete denial.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Fixed it for you.

Sorry, not letting this go - So even thought Costco sells out within hours, weeks / months later you can get them for $35 delivered off ebay. Tells me they made enough to flood the market to the point the secondary market is now reasonable. So now even if you do not have a Costco membership, you can at ANYTIME ,buy a dozen KSIGS for much less than a dozen Titleist.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Costco-Kirkland-Signature-One-Dozen-Four-Piece-Urethane-Cover-Golf-Balls/142588077507?hash=item2132e965c3:g:C4YAAOSwyYFaDhrP

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

There was a large segment of the market that believed no other golf ball could touch the performance of a Pro V1, the KSig caused a portion of that segment to question if less expensive golf balls could perform as well.

IMO, the "KSig Effect" has boosted sales for Snell, Vice and Cut significantly. Many of those that have tried these other manufacturers will likely never go back to Pro V1's, at least until Titleist takes files lawsuits for patent violations.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

You’re right, you can’t let this go.

OK, now that made me LOL. I used to not let stuff go, so I can relate. LOL...

Tell me about it. I still cringe when I read back through some old GolfWRX threads I should have “let go”.

no offense taken.. we are finished with design.. samples will be submitted to USGA for approval... packaging is finalized and orders placed at factories... so game on... hope to approval on the USGA list for end of January.. they take almost month and a half to test and list...

no offense taken.. we are finished with design.. samples will be submitted to USGA for approval... packaging is finalized and orders placed at factories... so game on... hope to approval on the USGA list for end of January.. they take almost month and a half to test and list...

cant wait to smack it around! so we wont see them til early spring??

Guess I'll hold off ordering some new MTBs for now and wait for the new ball. Besides in New England I typically don't use the MTB in the colder months and switch to the Get Sum anyway (that optic yellow is really terrific). I'm hoping the new ball is as good or better than the MTB as that ball is great.

cant wait to smack it around! so we wont see them til early spring??

hoping end January, if all goes right.. some things are not in my control... but so far so good...

For sure keep an eye out for our emails, and savings we are going to be having on xmas packages, and discounts off of golf balls... so big savings coming....
Will the new ball be coming to Canada early next year as well?

Driver: Ping G430 LST
3 wood: Titleist TSR2

7 wood: Ping G430 max

Utility iron: Callaway Apex ut

4 Hybrid: Callaway Paradym
Irons: Titleist T100 4-pw 
Wedges: Vokey sm9 50*, 54*, 60*
Putters: TaylorMade Spider X

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

Sorry if already mentioned, but what is the compression on the new MTB ball?

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.