2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

Already mentioned multiple pages back - but mentioned without violating WRX site rules :taunt:

Really? The article is only 3 days old.

Oops. It wasn't here it was in the K-Sig thread. Apologies for that. But links to that site on here are not allowed IIRC.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I try to keep these posts positive and helpful for everyone... I understand the hype over the ball, and also have a complete understanding of whats going on... this will be my last comment on it, and its not about being right or wrong, its about helping you guys understand.... When I say this ball wont be back, I honestly do not believe it will be back.. what everyone seems to be missing here is one simple aspect of marketing.. Costco is really doing a great job of marketing here.. and now, when they want you to join to be a member, are also making money... think about this for a minute.... lets say Costco orders 100K doz balls.... puts on line only 10K doz and the craze starts, people go crazy and they somehow sell out on line in only 15 mins... with limited in stores... then nothing for a month... then "they are back" again, for another 10K doz, then sold out in 10 mins... nothing for the next 30 days.. or 60 days.. then another 10K... you get my point... they are in the news every month, having people wait for a ball, but it is gone in no time.. maybe cause the volumes are very very small... but wait for another month..boom, gone again in no time... now, in one year, they have just about sold their 100K doz, but they have got so many new members to join, and in the news all the time..... all happening while not even selling 100K doz balls... great marketing.. so if they were in the ball business, why would they not be able to sell more in stores, or have more inventory other than 10 mins a month... for a year now... as for the the lawsuit and patent issues, I am not allowed to comment on that part of this yet.. when I can, I will certainly try to further the understanding here...I love the passion of these threads and hope to be able to bring some insight to them from time to time... trust me, I completely understand the cast urethane business, manufacturing, volumes and costs... I know some dont belive it, but I have been doing cast urethane since 1990... Next March, this conversation will look much different.. hint hint...

I try to keep these posts positive and helpful for everyone... I understand the hype over the ball, and also have a complete understanding of whats going on... this will be my last comment on it, and its not about being right or wrong, its about helping you guys understand.... When I say this ball wont be back, I honestly do not believe it will be back.. what everyone seems to be missing here is one simple aspect of marketing.. Costco is really doing a great job of marketing here.. and now, when they want you to join to be a member, are also making money... think about this for a minute.... lets say Costco orders 100K doz balls.... puts on line only 10K doz and the craze starts, people go crazy and they somehow sell out on line in only 15 mins... with limited in stores... then nothing for a month... then "they are back" again, for another 10K doz, then sold out in 10 mins... nothing for the next 30 days.. or 60 days.. then another 10K... you get my point... they are in the news every month, having people wait for a ball, but it is gone in no time.. maybe cause the volumes are very very small... but wait for another month..boom, gone again in no time... now, in one year, they have just about sold their 100K doz, but they have got so many new members to join, and in the news all the time..... all happening while not even selling 100K doz balls... great marketing.. so if they were in the ball business, why would they not be able to sell more in stores, or have more inventory other than 10 mins a month... for a year now... as for the the lawsuit and patent issues, I am not allowed to comment on that part of this yet.. when I can, I will certainly try to further the understanding here...I love the passion of these threads and hope to be able to bring some insight to them from time to time... trust me, I completely understand the cast urethane business, manufacturing, volumes and costs... I know some dont belive it, but I have been doing cast urethane since 1990... Next March, this conversation will look much different.. hint hint...

Thanks for the reply SnellGolf!

It definitely appears Costco is thumbing their nose at Titleist.

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

Dean , I did pick up some KSiG but have no problem selling them to over zealous ebayers and using that money on more Snell products. Might wait for the new release however . :)

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Dean , I did pick up some KSiG but have no problem selling them to over zealous ebayers and using that money on more Snell products. Might wait for the new release however . :)

Don't you have over 30 dozens of balls in your garage? And you bought more balls? You have very expensive hobby. :P

with the profit from ksig sales, you can buy new Snell balls.

Don't you have over 30 dozens of balls in your garage? And you bought more balls? You have very expensive hobby. :P

Well I have liquidated the 10 dozen Nike RZN Platinums I had. I was down to 4 dozen Maxfli U/6 and 5 dozen Chrome Soft Truvis. I don't think I have ever been up to 30 dozen, but 20 maybe.... once or twice.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Well I have liquidated the 10 dozen Nike RZN Platinums I had. I was down to 4 dozen Maxfli U/6 and 5 dozen Chrome Soft Truvis. I don't think I have ever been up to 30 dozen, but 20 maybe.... once or twice.

Where did all the platinums go?

Where did all the platinums go?

Mostly eBay but also offloaded a couple dozen to a fellow WRXer

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Never played the K Sig. seen them played in a hackneed style. Couldn't care less. Wrong thread.

I will buy a doz MTB at my local Big 5 next (help the local guy).

Hold up now....Big 5 sells Snell!?!

Yep. The one in my hood sells the MTB. I love that little store and want keep it in business. The place reminds me of my sporting/camping childhood - haha.

I was surprised to see the MTB sitting on the shelf there. But, there she be...

Thanks for the reply SnellGolf!

you're welcome...

Good. Should be running out of my MTB stock by March....

Srixon Z785 6-P
PXG 0211 4h & 5h
Mizuno T 56/58/60
Tour Edge C721 10.5 w/Ventus Red R
PXG 0341 Proto 3w
Titleist 909 5w
TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs Spider
Snell MTB-X

Had an interesting conversation with a guy at an event I was speaking at last week... he asked what I thought that golfers would accept for distance LOSS in a golf ball for price... I told him I was not the guy to answer that, so figured I would ask some of you guys... if a golf ball was $20 or $25 per doz, but 14-17 yards shorter, would you buy it to save money... what loss would be acceptable and at what price point? thanks in advance for your feedback...

Me personally I would not. The fact that I can get premium performance at a better price is why I keep buying the MTB. I don't think any "loss" in performance (for a performance ball) would be acceptable.

Probably getting pretty close to the new Snell balls.

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

Had an interesting conversation with a guy at an event I was speaking at last week... he asked what I thought that golfers would accept for distance LOSS in a golf ball for price... I told him I was not the guy to answer that, so figured I would ask some of you guys... if a golf ball was $20 or $25 per doz, but 14-17 yards shorter, would you buy it to save money... what loss would be acceptable and at what price point? thanks in advance for your feedback...

My answer is no. I would pay $20 more for a ball that was 14-17 yards longer off the tee but still spun around the greens. No doubt.

Dean, your "New Product Available" email totally fooled me. I thought that new ball came out but I guess not.

Gotta admit I thought the same thing

Glad that I was not the only one. the same thought from west coast to east coast. LOL.

Sorry about that... I can tell you that I am done with the testing, and we hope to have the new product available early next year.(actual launch dates depend on manufacturing and shipping, and we will narrow that down this month).. alot depends on the process and logistics, but it is all in the works and we are moving along at a good pace... again, thanks for your patience, but I wanted to make sure we got the best product we could make, and have it meet a lot of the demands of this thread.. thanks for all the feedback, and good things coming soon...

Dean, your "New Product Available" email totally fooled me. I thought that new ball came out but I guess not.

Glad that I was not the only one. the same thought from west coast to east coast. LOL.

Sorry about that... I can tell you that I am done with the testing, and we hope to have the new product available early next year.(actual launch dates depend on manufacturing and shipping, and we will narrow that down this month).. alot depends on the process and logistics, but it is all in the works and we are moving along at a good pace... again, thanks for your patience, but I wanted to make sure we got the best product we could make, and have it meet a lot of the demands of this thread.. thanks for all the feedback, and good things coming soon...

Dean,

I just want to confirm that the current MTB will remain, and that the new ball is being offered as another option? I really, really like the current ball, but look forward to trying the new product. Thanks!

I've played the Snell MTB off and on since it was released. It continues to impress me. I tried the new TP5/5X at the beginning of the season and could never get them dialed in. Played much of the summer with ProV1X and had some really good rounds. Recently I've played a few rounds with the MTB. It is such a good ball. I'm not sure if it's the compression or what, but the ball just really works for me. Plus, it's a touch softer than the ProV1X, which I like. I hit some of my best iron shots and drives of the year with MTB.

In other words, it will be ready for the PGA show...

Oh I don't know if it's possible to meet the demands of those on this site............but I personally appreciate you hearing us out when working on a project like this one.