Could a 12 handicapper....

21degreeloft

[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1428628315' post='11323943']
I have no idea on the price E. Spending $45-50 on a dozen makes everything else seem like a good deal. I try not to think about it, and just figure it goes to what I've gotta spend in the shop every month anyway.
[/quote]

Its funny.....not to go to far off topic, but........I have tested different balls, every time I get a set of ProVs, I swear I lose a ball a round at the least....

But when I get these cheaper balls....I cant seem to get rid of them...... I used 1 e5 the whole day yesterday...... prior to Fridays madness, I used 1 e5 Ball for 3 rounds.... yes, 3 rounds!!!

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles - Incoming Sub70 659CB!!!!!!!
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1428628555' post='11323979']
[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1428628315' post='11323943']
I have no idea on the price E. Spending $45-50 on a dozen makes everything else seem like a good deal. I try not to think about it, and just figure it goes to what I've gotta spend in the shop every month anyway.
[/quote]

Its funny.....not to go to far off topic, but........I have tested different balls, every time I get a set of ProVs, I swear I lose a ball a round at the least....

But when I get these cheaper balls....I cant seem to get rid of them...... I used 1 e5 the whole day yesterday...... prior to Fridays madness, I used 1 e5 Ball for 3 rounds.... yes, 3 rounds!!!
[/quote]

It seems to me the premium balls last longer now, but regardless, the most I get from one is one round, and then only if it is a casual round at my club. I'll usually go through 3 in a tournament round.

Pooch it...

If the OP (or ANY player) wisshes to play blades, by all means. No body is stopping you if you are that dead set on them.

The question I actually present to those players who desire to hit blades is as follows:

1) Are you willing AND able to put in the needed work to improve your ball striking with those irons to help make them work for you?

If the answer to that is yes, then go for it. My suggestion might be instead of a full blade like the MP4's from Mizuno, maybe look at the MP-15's which are blade style even if there is a different metal in the 'muscle'.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1428628111' post='11323917']
[quote name='T.Beau' timestamp='1428627331' post='11323821']
suggest losing the fitting part of the lesson.....but bring the blades...........and the back ups :)
[/quote]

T not sure what you mean? I told them about my driver issue and he wants to take a look at my swing first, then figure if its an equipment issue or a swing issue, I think its both....but not going to lie to myself its a swing thing.... Not changing irons, just Driver....that is the issue...NOT the IRONS LOL!

[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1428627254' post='11323813']
The E series is a good ball. So is the Q star.
[/quote]

I heard about the Q stars but arent they going up in price, I got the E5s for $20.... what a deal!

[quote name='govols' timestamp='1428627380' post='11323835']
I've actually played the E5 the past couple rounds. It actually is pretty good.
[/quote]

Govols, what do you like about them? I am trying them as it a 2 piece ball with a uerathane skin. So Good flight but greenside control/spin.

In comparison to the recent RBZ balls that I tried, they are softer and more spin... less distance, but feels a little weird....cant place my finger on why but something is missing.
[/quote]

i mean i think you are already confused enough about your gear so i dont recommend a fitting at this time...just get a lesson and see if he can help you w. your slice....sounds like you are bendin them pretty good...no driver is gonna fix that.

j33 460 9.5 ACCRA DyMatch 2.0 MT M4
Exotics cb1 13 Matrix Ozik
Mizuno jpx825 hybrid 16
j38cb's - 3-pw s300sl pro soft & j36pc GAT 95
j40 52,56 & Odyssey Metal-X #7H
average score = 75

[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1428628111' post='11323917'][quote name='T.Beau' timestamp='1428627331' post='11323821']

suggest losing the fitting part of the lesson.....but bring the blades...........and the back ups :)
[/quote]

T not sure what you mean? I told them about my driver issue and he wants to take a look at my swing first, then figure if its an equipment issue or a swing issue, I think its both....but not going to lie to myself its a swing thing.... Not changing irons, just Driver....that is the issue...NOT the IRONS LOL!

[/quote]

I heard about the Q stars but arent they going up in price, I got the E5s for $20.... what a deal!

[quote name='govols' timestamp='1428627380' post='11323835']
[/quote]

Govols, what do you like about them? I am trying them as it a 2 piece ball with a uerathane skin. So Good flight but greenside control/spin.

In comparison to the recent RBZ balls that I tried, they are softer and more spin... less distance, but feels a little weird....cant place my finger on why but something is missing.[/quote]

I like the price and with a urethane cover it performs. Maybe not quite as well as a Pro V but it's gonna be better than any ionomer/surlyn ball. I've played Pro Vs and the extra spin has probably hurt more than it's helped. Conversely it's not hard to have the E5 hit and hop back or pull the string a little on well struck wedges and short irons. The Wilson FG tour balls are pretty good too and closer to a Pro V imo.

[quote name='T.Beau' timestamp='1428628407' post='11323957'][quote name='govols' timestamp='1428627380' post='11323835']
[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1428627254' post='11323813']The E series is a good ball. So is the Q star.[/quote]

[/quote]

what shaft do you have in your j40dpc's? mines in my sig. i actually think the j38cb is the best iron ever made, but these j40's sure are nice...really really good at everything...i bet i pick up another set of j38cb's when i find the right deal....and keep the j40's[/quote]

The flighted 6.0s

[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1428627868' post='11323881']
[quote name='Mahamilto' timestamp='1428627357' post='11323827']
[/quote]

I've been playing the ZStar XV since they went on sale for $25... wonderful ball. Really reduces my horrific midcap misses!
[/quote]

I really like the ZXV. Good ball. I play the V1X because I like it better around the greens, but I think E would really like the Q. Great ball for that spot in their lineup.
[/quote]

Yeah, the ProV1x is a great ball, but I completely refuse to pay $50 a dozen. I bought a bunch of RZN Blacks when they were 3 for $90 at dicks during Christmas. I have a bunch of those left, but my good buddy told me the XV was lights out, when I saw them for $25 at a local shop I grabbed and box. They play really well, though I still think the RZN Black is a slightly better ball for my game.

Ping G430 10k - 9* - Ventus TR Black 6x

Callaway Apex UW - 19* - Ventus Black 7x

PXG 0311P Gen6 - 5i-GW - DG x100

Vokey SM9 - 52.12F, 56.14F - DG x100ss

Vokey SM9 - 60.08M - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Callaway PM Grind 64 - KBS C-Taper 130x

L.A.B Link.1
Callaway Chrome Soft X LS
Vessel Player III - Citrine/White/Black (Riding)
Vessel VLS DXR - Grey/Orange (Walking/half-bag)

[quote name='T.Beau' timestamp='1428628739' post='11324011']
i mean i think you are already confused enough about your gear so i dont recommend a fitting at this time...just get a lesson and see if he can help you w. your slice....sounds like you are bendin them pretty good...no driver is gonna fix that.
[/quote]
Fitting not as in buying a whole new set fitting, but checking my existing clubs and checking my swing. If there needs to be a fix with the drive swing, or potentially the weight. Talking with him blindly, he was concerned that my Nike Driver was head heavy and having the Project X shaft butt trimmed, the head is so heavy that it is lagging back and not releasing properly. He might suggest a new shaft setup, so I am bringing both the stock KK in X flex and the Project X 6.0.

Other than that, he might say my Driver swing is !@#$% LOL

My Gear is fine 3 wood down. I am comfortable with all of them.......... That driver is like a damn black hole.

[quote name='govols' timestamp='1428628834' post='11324023']
I like the price and with a urethane cover it performs. Maybe not quite as well as a Pro V but it's gonna be better than any ionomer/surlyn ball. I've played Pro Vs and the extra spin has probably hurt more than it's helped. Conversely it's not hard to have the E5 hit and hop back or pull the string a little on well struck wedges and short irons. The Wilson FG tour balls are pretty good too and closer to a Pro V imo.
[/quote]

I agree.... for the price they are excellent. I am curious though is the "Extra" spin causing an enhancement of my Slices of the driver.

The chip in I had on #2 yesterday was fabulous. It was a one hop check slam dunk..... I did it on 18 also, but the damn thing just sat, 25yard chip like throwing a balling ball just dropped and sunk in LOL

Wilson FGs if they are cheap I will look into them!

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles - Incoming Sub70 659CB!!!!!!!
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

[quote name='govols' timestamp='1428628973' post='11324033']
[quote name='T.Beau' timestamp='1428628407' post='11323957'][quote name='govols' timestamp='1428627380' post='11323835']
[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1428627254' post='11323813']The E series is a good ball. So is the Q star.[/quote]

[/quote]

what shaft do you have in your j40dpc's? mines in my sig. i actually think the j38cb is the best iron ever made, but these j40's sure are nice...really really good at everything...i bet i pick up another set of j38cb's when i find the right deal....and keep the j40's[/quote]

The flighted 6.0s
[/quote]

I'm still waiting on that answer. You found it really easy to make rude comments on everyone's responses, call people names, insult people directly and indirectly, but it is this tough to answer a very direct question?

Ping G430 10k - 9* - Ventus TR Black 6x

Callaway Apex UW - 19* - Ventus Black 7x

PXG 0311P Gen6 - 5i-GW - DG x100

Vokey SM9 - 52.12F, 56.14F - DG x100ss

Vokey SM9 - 60.08M - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Callaway PM Grind 64 - KBS C-Taper 130x

L.A.B Link.1
Callaway Chrome Soft X LS
Vessel Player III - Citrine/White/Black (Riding)
Vessel VLS DXR - Grey/Orange (Walking/half-bag)

[quote name='Mahamilto' timestamp='1428629322' post='11324075']
[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1428627868' post='11323881']
[quote name='Mahamilto' timestamp='1428627357' post='11323827']
[/quote]

I've been playing the ZStar XV since they went on sale for $25... wonderful ball. Really reduces my horrific midcap misses!
[/quote]

I really like the ZXV. Good ball. I play the V1X because I like it better around the greens, but I think E would really like the Q. Great ball for that spot in their lineup.
[/quote]

Yeah, the ProV1x is a great ball, but I completely refuse to pay $50 a dozen. I bought a bunch of RZN Blacks when they were 3 for $90 at dicks during Christmas. I have a bunch of those left, but my good buddy told me the XV was lights out, when I saw them for $25 at a local shop I grabbed and box. They play really well, though I still think the RZN Black is a slightly better ball for my game.
[/quote]

i was one of the TP Red Ldp hangers on.......for playing in the wind all the time as i do, it;s now the Srixon XV and this cache of TM Lethals (which is the closest i;ve found to the old TP Red)...both great wind balls for you crazy Hawaiians....:) the non XV Srixon = n g in the wind

j33 460 9.5 ACCRA DyMatch 2.0 MT M4
Exotics cb1 13 Matrix Ozik
Mizuno jpx825 hybrid 16
j38cb's - 3-pw s300sl pro soft & j36pc GAT 95
j40 52,56 & Odyssey Metal-X #7H
average score = 75

[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1428629574' post='11324107'][quote name='T.Beau' timestamp='1428628739' post='11324011']
[/quote]
Fitting not as in buying a whole new set fitting, but checking my existing clubs and checking my swing. If there needs to be a fix with the drive swing, or potentially the weight. Talking with him blindly, he was concerned that my Nike Driver was head heavy and having the Project X shaft butt trimmed, the head is so heavy that it is lagging back and not releasing properly. He might suggest a new shaft setup, so I am bringing both the stock KK in X flex and the Project X 6.0.

My Gear is fine 3 wood down. I am comfortable with all of them.......... That driver is like a damn black hole.

[/quote]

I agree.... for the price they are excellent. I am curious though is the "Extra" spin causing an enhancement of my Slices of the driver.

The chip in I had on #2 yesterday was fabulous. It was a one hop check slam dunk..... I did it on 18 also, but the damn thing just sat, 25yard chip like throwing a balling ball just dropped and sunk in LOL

Wilson FGs if they are cheap I will look into them![/quote]

The older FGs were about $30ish, the newer ones maybe a few bucks more. Maybe try the Chrome Soft as they're a urethane ball on the lower end of the compression scale if spin off the driver is what you think might be an issue.

[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1428629574' post='11324107'][quote name='T.Beau' timestamp='1428628739' post='11324011']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Wilson FGs if they are cheap I will look into them![/quote]

They use to be around $30 but I think the newer ones are a little more but under $40. Maybe try the Chrome Soft as its a urethane ball on the lower end of the compression scale so should be a little lower spin off the driver and still perform with your irons.

We're done here.

At some point every so often, I have to explain a very important concept. Let me share something from the Forum Rules:

[b]Community Posting Standards in Detail[/b]

1. Being considerate and respecting each other.
1.1. Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of the site’s goals.
1.2. While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, or purposeless inflammatory posts.

For anyone who needs the above explained, I'll do my best. The minute you direct a post away from the topic and instead, take the opportunity to direct your post at some problem, observation, etc… regarding another community member, you are in violation of our rules. Period. You may have a wonderful suggestion for improving the moral character, world view, or logical processing of another member. Wonderful. Send them a PM. If they wish, they can engage in a scintillating conversation that will make both of you better people. Or you can slug each other until you are verbally black and blue. Or they can block you. [color=#FF0000][b]The point is, whatever transpires, the rest of us won't be forced to share whatever transpires. The point also is, if you do ignore the above Forum Posting standards, you are in danger of becoming an issue I have to deal with. I don't want to have to deal with it, but I will.[/b][/color]

For future reference: [b][color=#FF0000]Stay on topic. Avoid being profane. Stay off each other’s case.[/color][/b]