Could a 12 handicapper....

21degreeloft

[quote name='dog flog' timestamp='1428624756' post='11323481']
[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1428624328' post='11323425']
[quote name='dog flog' timestamp='1428623954' post='11323379']
I've read that one reason some tour guys don't play pure blades is because they find cavity backs launch higher for them and produce a steeper angle of descent, thus stopping quicker on greens. I've noticed that this hasn't been discussed much, although I recall Miler talking about trajectory and apex some pages back. I'm assuming that most 12 caps are getting lower peak heights on their iron shots so might this be something they should be considering as much as feedback and forgiveness?
[/quote]

Dog Excellent point!!!

Nine and I had this disucssion. As a plus handicap he is a good all around player, He chose to use the Pro Combos. I asked him why. He stated it launches higher.

GI, paired with a High launching shaft was designed to help the higher handicappers get the ball in the air as that is probably one of the challenging parts.

Now Pair that to a CB.....

It has been discussed that the Titleist CB launches Higher than the MBs

The DeNinny's MP60's I am assuming Launch Higher than his MP67s

Nike Pro combos Luanch Higher than the Nike VR pros.

My JPXs Launch WAY higher than my MBs.

While I am a 12 I hit the ball pretty darn high, with the stronger winds here in Hawaii, it affects ball flight often so having a lower piercing ball flight makes a huge difference.

While Yes I can "flight down the JPXs" why would I not just get a club that launches lower and swing normal? And on days I need a higher launch club, I can pull the JPXs out.

So Yes I agree about the ball flight, but, this is also why I chose the MBs at times because I did not WANT the flight!

Great statement BTW!
[/quote]Thanks, Exactice. Makes sense. BTW, I hope you don't mind me hating you just a bit for living in Hawaii.
[/quote]

Hate away my friend..... Just dont tell me how I lie about what I post and my scores all bull LOL!!!!

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='dog flog' timestamp='1428623954' post='11323379']
I've read that one reason some tour guys don't play pure blades is because they find cavity backs launch higher for them and produce a steeper angle of descent, thus stopping quicker on greens. I've noticed that this hasn't been discussed much, although I recall Miler talking about trajectory and apex some pages back. I'm assuming that most 12 caps are getting lower peak heights on their iron shots so might this be something they should be considering as much as feedback and forgiveness?
[/quote]

thats a good point i think, ...but....often a 12 gets no benefit from the higher launching aspect of many GI irons......you;ve seen them....the ones that force high bat speed using bad technique and are flippy so launch balls into the stratosphere...they do benefit from the larger sweetzone however

j33 460 9.5 ACCRA DyMatch 2.0 MT M4
Exotics cb1 13 Matrix Ozik
Mizuno jpx825 hybrid 16
j38cb's - 3-pw s300sl pro soft & j36pc GAT 95
j40 52,56 & Odyssey Metal-X #7H
average score = 75

[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1428624891' post='11323493'][quote name='govols' timestamp='1428624610' post='11323457']
Glad loft, shaft, and balls have nothing to do with ball flight anymore. Just need a MB that the face has been well struck all over by 12 hc's and you can do anything.
[/quote]

Good point.....

So let me ask you this....

My JPX825pro PW is an Dynalite S300 45*

My Nike MB 9iron is X100 45*

If I hit them with the same ball...... what would happen?

SAME lofts Different shafts, I would get a different ball flight right? THAT IS THE POINT....... How hard is it to get through your head..... The need fits my game of play that is why I play it. I dont play it for ego, I dont play it because I think it makes me a better player. It works for my game of play.

Now what happens if I put the same shafts in Both Irons, what would happen..... STILL 2 different ball flights..... They would not be the same due to the overall characteristics of the design.

Lastly..... Prove to me...... PROVE TO ME A 12hdcp is a bad ball striker of the IRONS specifically. You cant.... its your opinion.......get over it.....[/quote]

Shouldn't an elite skilled ball striker worthy of playing blades be able to flight the ball with those MBs high and low and work them in any direction without grabbing a different set of clubs? Isn't that "workability" part of you guys argument? Shouldn't a person with such skill be able to keep the ball in play off the tee and have a serviceable short game?

Don't feed a troll.

Don't stoop to a troll's level.

Thread's often get locked as a result of the back and forth.

Take the moral high ground.

Golf is a game of integrity.

Regardless of the clubs you carry.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

[quote name='Mahamilto' timestamp='1428624726' post='11323473']
He's just trying to push it to another page... He got shredded on this one. Multiple times by multiple people.
[/quote]

Yep, lol. I think he's 15 or something weird, which is fine but perhaps should have a little more respect. It was supposed to be a good debate but he reverted to repeating what I said, kind of like "I know you are but what am I"... lol. At that point I knew I was dealing with a child and probably best I just ignore him.

- Ping G425 10.5*

- Ping G25 16.5*
- Srixon ZX7 w/ Aerotech Steelfiber i95s

- Miura Tour 51*/55*/59*
- Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport 2 Button Back
- Srixon Z Star

- Vessel lite

As soon as I get an explanation for how I love to hear myself, but Govols managed to double my post count in roughly the same duration of membership I will gladly take the moral high road.

So how bout it Govols? Care to explain your contribution to this thread?

Ping G430 10k - 9* - Ventus TR Black 6x

Callaway Apex UW - 19* - Ventus Black 7x

PXG 0311P Gen6 - 5i-GW - DG x100

Vokey SM9 - 52.12F, 56.14F - DG x100ss

Vokey SM9 - 60.08M - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Callaway PM Grind 64 - KBS C-Taper 130x

L.A.B Link.1
Callaway Chrome Soft X LS
Best Grips Perforated Leather
Vessel Player III - Citrine/White/Black (Riding)
Vessel VLS DXR - Grey/Orange (Walking/half-bag)

[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1428625651' post='11323585']
[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1428625461' post='11323559']
Don't feed a troll.

[/quote]

Good post.
[/quote]

I just hate to see these threads become personal. We all love and are passionate about golf. Focus on the arguments leave the jackwagon comments out of it. I've come to see a good fight.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1428622489' post='11323183']
[quote name='Mahamilto' timestamp='1428622301' post='11323169']
[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1428621905' post='11323125']
Can one of you CB guys please refute my on course examples?

Nine asked a great question and I responded. T.Beau Convince me that a CB would be better for me. Govols..... Common dont just tell me I am a bad player..... I am so lets agree.. so TELL me how a GI/CB will help my game?
[/quote]

U tell us... According to you sig you already play a CB... Bordering on, if not actually, a GI.
[/quote]

Yes yes, I alternate between the 2 sets of clubs... I have detailed this. But recently I have enjoyed and found the blades to work better...

Yes the JPX are in my sig as I "bought" into the I need a GI because my game is not good enough. But my on course experience is starting to change this. As I share my experience, nine seems to ask great questions to keep it going. Govols on the other hand....well...... I have a feeling I am going to get banned soon.

He must be an Admin, with a troll account, or a family member of someone on here. Cause there is no way an @SShole could be posting like the way he does with out raising some flags....
[/quote]

since you asked, and forgive me but i dont read all the posts.

i dont recommend alternating between two seriously different sets of irons like that. thats not going to help you play better w. either set.

i suggest finding a good teaching pro and work on your slice. do i assume you also slice your irons?

if using a pro v1 switch to something else...its windy where you are aye? if using any other urethane ball that would be better...but maybe try some none urethane ball. its windy where i am too and i;m pretty much a straight ball hitter (but some days i seen to have my old really small fade and some days (not as many) a really tiny high draw..i just go with whatever i have that day. .i would NEVER play the pro v1 in the wind....i;m just not good enough..my drives arent as accurate, i hit fewer greens, and hit fewer close to the pin w. the pro v1

Mizuno jpx825 hybrid 16
average score = 75

[quote name='tdelam' timestamp='1428625720' post='11323589'][quote name='Mahamilto' timestamp='1428624726' post='11323473']
He's just trying to push it to another page... He got shredded on this one. Multiple times by multiple people.
[/quote]

Yep, lol. I think he's 15 or something weird, which is fine but perhaps should have a little more respect. It was supposed to be a good debate but he reverted to repeating what I said, kind of like "I know you are but what am I"... lol. At that point I knew I was dealing with a child and probably best I just ignore him.[/quote]

That would make you guys about 8 or 9 then. Times have changed where people can't handle reality. They're told you can do anything, be anything, hard work always pays off, etc. Reality is that's not true but everybody gets a trophy anyway. If guys wanna believe in a farce go for it. I think it's hilarious honestly.

[quote name='govols' timestamp='1428625458' post='11323557']

Shouldn't an elite skilled ball striker worthy of playing blades be able to flight the ball with those MBs high and low and work them in any direction without grabbing a different set of clubs? Isn't that "workability" part of you guys argument? Shouldn't a person with such skill be able to keep the ball in play off the tee and have a serviceable short game?
[/quote]

1) I have never said I am an elite ball striker, I said I hit in the center and can get around the course. Not perfectly but decent enough.
2) I have posted 6 months ago that I was going to learn how to work the ball. I have practiced and reached an acceptable level that I can manipulate the ball, Perfect NO, but having the ability? YES
3) If I desire a lower ball flight.....as a normal shot. As this is a safer shot for me..... Why should I have to work harder by flighting down ever single time the JPXs? When I can hit a normal MB and get the desired flight and IF and when I need a higher shot I can do that. Wouldnt that be @ss backwards
4) In my stage of game, it is easier for me to manipulate a higher shot, than it is to hit a lower shot.....
5) Because of the weakness of my drive I have just made an appointment with my Local Golf shop for a "Fitting/Lesson" This will be my first ever lesson...... So we shall see what is the problem
6) Tiger woods is one of the best golfers in the world, but he cant hit the broad side of a barn with his driver, Nor can Michelson.......

So you can still have holes in your swing.... Why you are telling me YOU are perfect in all aspects of your game? LOL

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Exactice,
Since I also live in Hawaii and face the same types of conditions, I can understand the need to flight the ball lower at times. Seems the point where many have difficulty accepting your reasoning arises because that differs from most player's experience.My experience both here and back on mainland has been that really good players are loathe to change irons or reliable fairways. Personally would not have a great deal of comfort switching back and forth between such dissimilar sets, especially with fact that conditions here can vary greatly throughout course of a round. Granted, we do not normally see the fluctuations on Oahu during a round that are more prevalent on Big Island or Maui, so if it works for you, then have at it. In the real world, I have never seen anyone comment on another's choice of gear or a player have to present reasoning for choices, you either post a good score or you don't. Here's hoping you post some good scores and have fun doing so!

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

[quote name='govols' timestamp='1428626334' post='11323675']
[quote name='tdelam' timestamp='1428625720' post='11323589'][quote name='Mahamilto' timestamp='1428624726' post='11323473']
[/quote]

Yep, lol. I think he's 15 or something weird, which is fine but perhaps should have a little more respect. It was supposed to be a good debate but he reverted to repeating what I said, kind of like "I know you are but what am I"... lol. At that point I knew I was dealing with a child and probably best I just ignore him.[/quote]

That would make you guys about 8 or 9 then. Times have changed where people can't handle reality. They're told you can do anything, be anything, hard work always pays off, etc. Reality is that's not true but everybody gets a trophy anyway. If guys wanna believe in a farce go for it. I think it's hilarious honestly.
[/quote]

Hard work does always pay off, in some form. Can anyone do anything? No, but you will do NOTHING worthwhile in life without hard work. Real adults completely understand this.

Adults also answer when someone asks them a direct question.

How did you manage double the posts in the same amount of time, if I am the one who loves to hear myself?

L.A.B Link.1

The argument is over dude as it's not even an argument. You're not a tour pro and not shooting +1 and -2 at one of the worlds toughest and demanding courses so your analogy is moot. I'm still flustered at how it can be argued that MBs offer the ultimate in shot shaping and ball flighting yet you use differents sets depending on the weather. You saying that you can "get it around the course ok" is another head scratcher for the argument.

[quote name='T.Beau' timestamp='1428626277' post='11323661']
[quote name='Mahamilto' timestamp='1428622301' post='11323169']
[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1428621905' post='11323125']
Can one of you CB guys please refute my on course examples?

Nine asked a great question and I responded. T.Beau Convince me that a CB would be better for me. Govols..... Common dont just tell me I am a bad player..... I am so lets agree.. so TELL me how a GI/CB will help my game?
[/quote]

U tell us... According to you sig you already play a CB... Bordering on, if not actually, a GI.
[/quote]

Yes yes, I alternate between the 2 sets of clubs... I have detailed this. But recently I have enjoyed and found the blades to work better...

Yes the JPX are in my sig as I "bought" into the I need a GI because my game is not good enough. But my on course experience is starting to change this. As I share my experience, nine seems to ask great questions to keep it going. Govols on the other hand....well...... I have a feeling I am going to get banned soon.

He must be an Admin, with a troll account, or a family member of someone on here. Cause there is no way an @SShole could be posting like the way he does with out raising some flags....
[/quote]

since you asked, and forgive me but i dont read all the posts.

i dont recommend alternating between two seriously different sets of irons like that. thats not going to help you play better w. either set.

i suggest finding a good teaching pro and work on your slice. do i assume you also slice your irons?

if using a pro v1 switch to something else...its windy where you are aye? if using any other urethane ball that would be better...but maybe try some none urethane ball. its windy where i am too and i;m pretty much a straight ball hitter (but some days i seen to have my old really small fade and some days (not as many) a really tiny high draw..i just go with whatever i have that day. .i would NEVER play the pro v1 in the wind....i;m just not good enough..my drives arent as accurate, i hit fewer greens, and hit fewer close to the pin w. the pro v1
[/quote]

Hey T.Beau, Yes yes I totally agree with you, That is why lately I have gravitated towards my blades....While I do agree switching between 2 sets is very weird, I did make a topic about it and it was a consensus, NOT A GOOD IDEA LOL!!!

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1077669-do-you-play-with-different-irons-based-on-course-conditions/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...rse-conditions/[/url]

I have now tried to stick to one set, but once in a while when the Irons are bad...and I mean bad, its nice to have a lighter GI set to help out. As they DO help the miss hits when you are just off.

As for the ball I play, I have been switching around balls for a while trying to find the one that works for me....... Started off with Pinicale Golds, Then to some cheap TM balls, Got into ProV's but got expensive so I have been searching, Tried the TM project As, TM RBZ, Now I am in to the Bridgestone E5s

Other than that, as my swing has evovled it has taken its effect on the driver, I was bad, but not as bad as its been, I have signed up for a lesson/fitting on Tuesday. So I will keep my fingers crossed they can help me!

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

[/quote]

[b]Profanity, Harassment and Other Inappropriate Conduct-[/b] You may not submit Postings or Content that are indecent, profane ([color=#0000ff][b]including masked profanity where symbols, initials, intentional misspellings or other characters are used to suggest profane language[/b][/color]), obscene, pornographic, abusive, threatening, misleading, illegal or defamatory, or any material that interferes with the ability of others to enjoy the Community Services

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#ff8c00][b]Cobra Bio Cell+[/b][/color]
[color=#000080][b]Adams A12 Pro 16, 20, 23[/b][/color]
[b][color=#696969]Ping G20, 5-SW, C-Taper stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#ff0000][b]TM xft wedge 64[/b][/color]
[b][color="#000000"]Scotty Futura X[/color][/b][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]ProV1x[/b][/font]

[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1428626363' post='11323681']
[quote name='govols' timestamp='1428625458' post='11323557']
[/quote]

1) I have never said I am an elite ball striker, I said I hit in the center and can get around the course. Not perfectly but decent enough.
2) I have posted 6 months ago that I was going to learn how to work the ball. I have practiced and reached an acceptable level that I can manipulate the ball, Perfect NO, but having the ability? YES
3) If I desire a lower ball flight.....as a normal shot. As this is a safer shot for me..... Why should I have to work harder by flighting down ever single time the JPXs? When I can hit a normal MB and get the desired flight and IF and when I need a higher shot I can do that. Wouldnt that be @ss backwards
4) In my stage of game, it is easier for me to manipulate a higher shot, than it is to hit a lower shot.....
5) Because of the weakness of my drive I have just made an appointment with my Local Golf shop for a "Fitting/Lesson" This will be my first ever lesson...... So we shall see what is the problem
6) Tiger woods is one of the best golfers in the world, but he cant hit the broad side of a barn with his driver, Nor can Michelson.......

So you can still have holes in your swing.... Why you are telling me YOU are perfect in all aspects of your game? LOL
[/quote]

suggest losing the fitting part of the lesson.....but bring the blades...........and the back ups :)

Mizuno jpx825 hybrid 16
average score = 75

[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1428627254' post='11323813']
The E series is a good ball. So is the Q star.
[/quote]

I've been playing the ZStar XV since they went on sale for $25... wonderful ball. Really reduces my horrific midcap misses!

L.A.B Link.1

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1428626148' post='11323649']
Don't feed a troll.

[/quote]

Good post.
[/quote]

I just hate to see these threads become personal. We all love and are passionate about golf. Focus on the arguments leave the jackwagon comments out of it. I've come to see a good fight.
[/quote]I am reminded of the second Bowe vs Holyfield fight where some yahoo crashed into the ring with his motorized paraglider and for a moment became the centre of attention for the boxing world. Some irate fans soon beat the tar out of him and the big fight resumed. Incidentally, he died alone in the woods a few years later, hung by the cords of his own parachute, the victim of an apparent suicide.

[quote name='dog flog' timestamp='1428627395' post='11323837']
Don't feed a troll.

[/quote]

Good post.
[/quote]

[/quote]I am reminded of the second Bowe vs Holyfield fight where some yahoo crashed into the ring with his motorized paraglider and for a moment became the centre of attention for the boxing world. Some irate fans soon beat the tar out of him and the big fight resumed. Incidentally, he died alone in the woods a few years later, hung by the cords of his own parachute, the victim of an apparent suicide.
[/quote]

Am I that fan? ; )

I remember that moment vividly.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='Mitchell' timestamp='1428626620' post='11323719']
Exactice,
Since I also live in Hawaii and face the same types of conditions, I can understand the need to flight the ball lower at times. Seems the point where many have difficulty accepting your reasoning arises because that differs from most player's experience.My experience both here and back on mainland has been that really good players are loathe to change irons or reliable fairways. Personally would not have a great deal of comfort switching back and forth between such dissimilar sets, especially with fact that conditions here can vary greatly throughout course of a round. Granted, we do not normally see the fluctuations on Oahu during a round that are more prevalent on Big Island or Maui, so if it works for you, then have at it. In the real world, I have never seen anyone comment on another's choice of gear or a player have to present reasoning for choices, you either post a good score or you don't. Here's hoping you post some good scores and have fun doing so!
[/quote]

Thanks Mitchell, as I posted, I agree..... It was a learning curve that I went through and realize now that it is not in my best interest. I hence the response to T.Beau and why I have been playing with the blades more often than not. I am a golfer of hard work and tenacity. I am willing to try anything to see if it works. Its best not to leave anything on the table and validate then take someones word for it on an internet forum.

While I agree that they may not experience the same game play we do...... We still have a valid issue with weather.

This is the thing.... You hit a low shot in the wind, what happens? You have better control, You hit a low shot with Tail wind, what happens? Its going.....

You hit a High shot in head wind, you dont know what the ball will do. You hit a high shot in tail winds, its going.

Doesnt the first example have the best consistency?

So I dont know how they dont see the benefit.

[quote name='govols' timestamp='1428626769' post='11323741']
The argument is over dude as it's not even an argument. You're not a tour pro and not shooting +1 and -2 at one of the worlds toughest and demanding courses so your analogy is moot. I'm still flustered at how it can be argued that MBs offer the ultimate in shot shaping and ball flighting yet you use differents sets depending on the weather. You saying that you can "get it around the course ok" is another head scratcher for the argument.
[/quote]

You are right, I am not a tour pro, and I probably will never ever be one. What is your point.

Secondly, I admit that was an error in my judgement, I even posted a topic about it. Which got negative responses. So I have listened and started to play MORE with the blades and found them to work better overall, then the GIs alone or switching between them

last.... why is it so hard for you to believe that I can get around the course? Dont you get around the course? what is your point?

[quote name='gopherguts' timestamp='1428626988' post='11323777']
[/quote]

[b]Profanity, Harassment and Other Inappropriate Conduct-[/b] You may not submit Postings or Content that are indecent, profane ([color=#0000ff][b]including masked profanity where symbols, initials, intentional misspellings or other characters are used to suggest profane language[/b][/color]), obscene, pornographic, abusive, threatening, misleading, illegal or defamatory, or any material that interferes with the ability of others to enjoy the Community Services
[/quote]

Really Gopher? Really? are you seriously going to call me out on this.....you pop into this thread just to throw me under the bus.....???

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1428627564' post='11323853']
[quote name='dog flog' timestamp='1428627395' post='11323837']
Don't feed a troll.

[/quote]

Good post.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Am I that fan? ; )

I remember that moment vividly.
[/quote]You're the master of your destiny. Use the power wisely.

[quote name='Mahamilto' timestamp='1428627357' post='11323827']
[/quote]

I've been playing the ZStar XV since they went on sale for $25... wonderful ball. Really reduces my horrific midcap misses!
[/quote]

I really like the ZXV. Good ball. I play the V1X because I like it better around the greens, but I think E would really like the Q. Great ball for that spot in their lineup.

[quote name='T.Beau' timestamp='1428627331' post='11323821']

suggest losing the fitting part of the lesson.....but bring the blades...........and the back ups :)
[/quote]

T not sure what you mean? I told them about my driver issue and he wants to take a look at my swing first, then figure if its an equipment issue or a swing issue, I think its both....but not going to lie to myself its a swing thing.... Not changing irons, just Driver....that is the issue...NOT the IRONS LOL!

[/quote]

I heard about the Q stars but arent they going up in price, I got the E5s for $20.... what a deal!

[quote name='govols' timestamp='1428627380' post='11323835']
I've actually played the E5 the past couple rounds. It actually is pretty good.
[/quote]

Govols, what do you like about them? I am trying them as it a 2 piece ball with a uerathane skin. So Good flight but greenside control/spin.

In comparison to the recent RBZ balls that I tried, they are softer and more spin... less distance, but feels a little weird....cant place my finger on why but something is missing.

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Exactice,
Myself, Lv2Hack, and quite a few others posted in a thread in instruction section regarding tips for playing in the wind that may be of some help. There is also very good section on same in Faldo's first Swing for Life book.I will now let others return to any debate/discussion.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

[quote name='govols' timestamp='1428627380' post='11323835']
[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1428627254' post='11323813']The E series is a good ball. So is the Q star.[/quote]

I've actually played the E5 the past couple rounds. It actually is pretty good.
[/quote]

what shaft do you have in your j40dpc's? mines in my sig. i actually think the j38cb is the best iron ever made, but these j40's sure are nice...really really good at everything...i bet i pick up another set of j38cb's when i find the right deal....and keep the j40's

Mizuno jpx825 hybrid 16
average score = 75

Golf in Hawai'i is unbelievable. Played both courses at Kapalua a couple years ago and the wind is no joke. Good point on the ball flight, but have to agree with PD. Don't feed the troll.

I think we have figured out that a 12 in a in between HC range. It seems that there is a weakness in their games, but overall it is pretty solid. It would explain why it is such a controversy.

Callaway GBB Epic 9*, Aldila Rogue
Ping i25 3w, G400 3hy
Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW
Vokey 50* SM7 F, 56* SM7 S, 61* SM5 Raw M
Newport 2 Select