Tiger: "Bone kinda popped out..." ???

[quote name='legitimategolf' timestamp='1428935059' post='11347151']
[quote name='3jacker' timestamp='1428933744' post='11346947']
Just another drama moment for TW.
So fr**n dramatic. So dramatic.
[/quote]

Agreed. And let me add that life is too short to be pulling our hairs out over players we don't like. We should move on and spend more time discussing the golfers we like and less about the other ones. The media is constantly goading us into being obsessed over Tiger Woods's every move, but we know better than to fall for that. Am I right or am I wrong here.
[/quote]

Well you're here posting about him so.....

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Titleist 910D3 Tour AD-DI
Titleist 910F 19* Project X
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW KBS Tour-V
Titleist SM5 50*F/54*M/58*K KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Select Newport[/font]

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can imagine that hitting that root could have caused one of the bones in his hand/wrist to shift out of place momentarily, only to pop back into place. I've done that with my knee a number of times so it's very possible in my experience. Tiger would have done himself a service by stating he heard a pop and it hurt like heck, instead of "seemingly" playing up the event.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

I'm not saying it happened, but I'm saying it is possible.

When I played football, I dislocated, at separate times, my ring finger, my thumb,and my shoulder. I put my thumb and shoulder back in place by myself, and had our trainer just pop my ring finger back in place.

I've seen this happen more than a handful of times with fingers, shoulders, knees and wrists.

When it happens, it hurts like hell. Then it's okay. And really hurts to put it back in place. Then about 10mins later the pain is gone. As long as there is no ligament damage, it's fine. That's kinda of what I saw with tiger.

The only thing that raised a red flag with tiger to me, was I would have thought he'd call for a medical personnel to check the stability of the wrist. But I've seen it where people don't want to know the extent of damage so they can keep playing.

Ping G410 plus Tour65 S
PING G410 3w Tour 75 S
PING G410 hybrids: 18*, 22* & 26* TENSEI PRO BLUE 80 GR S
[PING G410 irons: 6 - U Nippon MODUS³ Tour 105
PING Glide 3.0 Wedges: 54* SS, & 60* SS

Scott Cameron Fastback 2.0
Member of TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

[quote name='dpb5031' timestamp='1428934698' post='11347075']
[quote name='rafer11' timestamp='1428934107' post='11346999']
Could it have been a ligament out of place?

Anyway, assuming nothing actually happened, I wonder if he said it thinking it would lessen the inevitable media s***storm that would ensue from him only hitting 2/14 fairways Sunday. He possibly thought that his Sunday round would just bring on more overwhelming criticism as per the norm.
[/quote]

I don't know. Missing fairways is not a new theme for Tiger talk...so not sure why he'd be compelled to deflect with the injury...and he actually played impressively IMO given the circumstances leading up to the Masters. I don't doubt he was injured, it's just that his on course reaction....walking with his arm hanging limp, etc... seemed so unnecessarily over-dramatized. Then his statement about the bone popping out seemed even more bizarre. The reaction from Macatee was interesting...."Really?"

edit: had to fix that I typed "pooping" when I meant to type "popping." Now fixed...lol!
[/quote]

It was all such BS. Nothing popped out of place. He may at worst have gotten some little zinger. But then as dpb pointed out, it was absurd that he was walking around with that entire side of his body hanging limp. I texted my friend that we might see have to see him get airlifted out of there at the turn. I had visions of Michelle Wie leaving the course on a stretcher in my head.

Honestly, I was somewhat surprised he didn't WD, because I legitimately thought he was going to. As others have pointed out, he clearly has some significant mental issues that he puts on display every time he does this. In his mind, the only way he can lose a tournament is if he is injured. So it comes as no surprise that he is now perpetually injured. In my mind, he came farther than anyone else on the planet could have in 2 months. I was unsure he'd ever regain form, and he looked pretty darn good (or at least scored pretty darn good) just a couple of months later. Short game looked completely normal. He should have been proud of doing it, but instead had to put his mental issues on display yet again.

As for covering for missing fairways, He was 0/7 prior to the tree root incident and 2/7 on the way home. So he actually had a massive improvement.

[quote name='sjt4718' timestamp='1428935100' post='11347159']
I caught my club in the fairway somehow and had horrible wrist pain. If you saw his shot then I can't see how anyone would doubt an injury occurred. The club came to a stop,ouch.
[/quote]

I dont think anyone is doubting that he was in pain from hitting the root. If he would've just said he hit a root and is in pain there is no thread about it.

But saying he popped his bone back in....another dumb comment from Tiger rivaling "firing glutes"

I caught my club in the fairway somehow and had horrible wrist pain. If you saw his shot then I can't see how anyone would doubt an injury occurred. The club came to a stop,ouch.
[/quote]If he were injured, then how did he continue to play hitting the same as he did before the alleged injury? What other golfer in the PGA, EVER, has had these so-called injuries that Tige Woods has had? Have you ever heard Jack complain of 'over-active' gluts? Arnie having to pop a bone back into place? Gary gimmacing over back pain? Why do these injuries only happen to Tiger Woods?????????????????? Face it, it's NOT coincidence, it's the " DRAMA QUEEN" !

[/quote]

I'm sure it hurt like h*ll. And nobody is doubting an injury, I think we have all hurt our wrists before.

But a bone popping out of place in the wrist? And then manually putting it back in place? That degree of injury is very severe, and usually results in ligament damage, severe pain, and the need for orthopedic intervention.

[quote name='Tom Gski' timestamp='1428935448' post='11347227']
[/quote]If he were injured, then how did he continue to play hitting the same as he did before the alleged injury? What other golfer in the PGA, EVER, has had these so-called injuries that Tige Woods has had? Have you ever heard Jack complain of 'over-active' gluts? Arnie having to pop a bone back into place? Gary gimmacing over back pain? Why do these injuries only happen to Tiger Woods?????????????????? Face it, it's NOT coincidence, it's the " DRAMA QUEEN" !
[/quote]

For someone who seems to hate a person so much, you seem awfully interested in Tiger.

[/quote]

I'm not doubting that it hurt or that he was injured; I'm just questioning the need for what seems to me to be a consistent theme of over-dramatizing things, and theatrically up-playing certain things, like difficult shots on the golf course. Of course the media loves to hype this sort of thing, It's just weird that he hypes it himself...

The "Tiger won the US Open on a broken leg" is an example of the media way over-hyping the injury. He had a freaking stress fracture for crying out loud. There are military recruits in basic training all around the world running 5 miles a day and doing all other kinds of physical training a lot more strenuous than golf with stress fractures in their lower legs. It's a very common occurrence. The media makes it sound like his femur was compound fractured, broken through the skin of his thigh, and held in with duct tape while he bravely carried on to victory...lol!

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

[quote name='Illest' timestamp='1428935563' post='11347251']
[/quote]

For someone who seems to hate a person so much, you seem awfully interested in Tiger.
[/quote]I used to be a Tiger fan, and rooted for him all the time. Just because I don't like him, doesn't mean I avoid reading about him, after all, he is one of golf's main attractions! So your comment doesn't hold water, it's just a pointless comment. No, I don't like him, and for valid reasons IMO, but I still think it's applicable to talk about him because of his share in golf history.

[quote name='dpb5031' timestamp='1428935767' post='11347281']
[/quote]

I'm not doubting that it hurt or that he was injured; I'm just questioning the need for what seems to me to be a consistent theme of over-dramatizing things, and theatrically up-playing certain things, like difficult shots on the golf course. Of course the media loves to hype this sort of thing, It's just weird that he hypes it himself...

The "Tiger won the US Open on a broken leg" is an example of the media way over-hyping the injury. He had a freaking stress fracture for crying out loud. There are military recruits in basic training all around the world running 5 miles a day and doing all other kinds of physical training a lot more strenuous than golf with stress fractures in their lower legs. It's a very common occurrence. The media makes it sound like his femur was compound fractured, broken through the skin of his thigh, and held in with duct tape while he bravely carried on to victory...lol!
[/quote]

Every see him hit an explosion shot from a bunker into a breeze?
And the sand blows back in his eyes?
Fr**ckin heroic man. Heroic.

Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
Callaway Apex Utility Wood 19* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 60
Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
Titleist 818 H2 21*
Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW KBS DG X100
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1

[quote name='dpb5031' timestamp='1428935767' post='11347281']
[/quote]

[/quote]

He had multiple stress fractures along with a blown ACL and the doctor told him not to play. But I guess you know better than his doctor.

[quote name='Tom Gski' timestamp='1428935829' post='11347295']
[/quote]

[/quote]I used to be a Tiger fan, and rooted for him all the time. Just because I don't like him, doesn't mean I avoid reading about him, after all, he is one of golf's main attractions! So your comment doesn't hold water, it's just a pointless comment. No, I don't like him, and for valid reasons IMO, but I still think it's applicable to talk about him because of his share in golf history.
[/quote]

So you're like a spurned ex-lover or something? Every comment you've made is a "pointless comment."

Junior Leaguers complete marathons on worse than that.

Titleist 818 H2 21*
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1

[quote name='Illest' timestamp='1428935887' post='11347311']
[quote name='Tom Gski' timestamp='1428935829' post='11347295']
[/quote]

[/quote]

So you're like a spurned ex-lover or something? Every comment you've made is a "pointless comment."
[/quote]I think MY comments do have valid points. Sorry to hurt your feelings and your love of him, but I think I spoke the truth about his insatiable desire to be a attention seeker. Again, sorry that bothers you, but, oh well.

[color=#5F5F5F]"A bone [b]kind of[/b] popped out and a joint [b]kind of went out of place[/b], but I put it back in."[/color]

[color="#5f5f5f"][size=4]Scrutinizing this comment by the Tiger haters is... well typical I guess. Hilarious, but typical.[/size][/color]

[color="#5f5f5f"][size=4]It's a bit like D-plane and the 'new' ball flight laws. Now if a golfer over 30 says something like "Try to hit up with your iron shot", they get chastised by the new school D-plane/trackman guys because we know irons hit the ball with a descending blow. That's not the point though. It's "feel" lingo. Despite the "feel vs real" argument, the feel lingo is used to explain something and put the idea into a golfers mind to help his swing. [/size][/color][color=#5F5F5F]Tiger didn't get all medical here saying "the middle phalange and proximal phalange was impacted significantly causing the joint between the two to become dislocated".[/color]

He basically said "a bone or joint felt like it kinda popped out of place or something, so I just applied some pressure to the area, felt a pop, and it felt better after that."

Now you're just projecting. Personally I could care less about any professional golfer apart from watching them actually play. I find it hysterical that you hold your opinions in such high regard and that you are so obsessed with a professional golfer's personal life.

I think YOUR comments are drivel. Thus, MY comments have valid points. You see what I did there?

lmao I'm literally sitting here laughing about how bothered you are about this. It is hilarious.

No he said both a bone and a joint popped out of place.

Titleist 818 H2 21*
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1

[quote name='Illest' timestamp='1428936340' post='11347373']
Now you're just projecting. Personally I could care less about any professional golfer apart from watching them actually play. I find it hysterical that you hold your opinions in such high regard and that you are so obsessed with a professional golfer's personal life.

I think YOUR comments are drivel. Thus, MY comments have valid points. You see what I did there?

lmao I'm literally sitting here laughing about how bothered you are about this. It is hilarious.
[/quote]LOL, pat yourself on the back, whatever, whatever.

[quote name='3jacker' timestamp='1428936363' post='11347381']
[/quote]

Someone post the [i]actual[/i] quote. I seem to remember him just saying, something along the lines of the wrist popped out of the joint and he popped it back in. While doing this and continuing on at the level he did is still questionable, it's hardly impossible.

[quote name='Tom Gski' timestamp='1428936517' post='11347409']
What other golfer, in the history of the PGA, has complained of alleged injuries like TW?
Answer: None
plain and simple!
[/quote]

There are plenty of guys complaining about injuries in the locker room, media just doesn't give a crap enough to talk to them.

I was so glad to see Tiger play decent golf again. And then this happened. From a PR standpoint he destroyed his good play with one comment. Now this is what people will remember from his performance. I mean if you popped it back in and it wasn't an issue why mention it? I said I didn't buy ALL of the back injury withdrawls. And now this - it's clearly becoming a trend. It's not possible to get hurt THAT often playing golf.

[quote name='Tom Gski' timestamp='1428936517' post='11347409']
What other golfer, in the history of the PGA, has complained of alleged injuries like TW?
Answer: None
plain and simple!
[/quote]

How dare he. HOW DARE HE! DAMN YOU TIGER! HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My god. Did he spurn your attempt to seek an autograph once or something? lmao

[quote name='Illest' timestamp='1428936531' post='11347411']
[quote name='3jacker' timestamp='1428936363' post='11347381']
[/quote]

Someone post the [i]actual[/i] quote. I seem to remember him just saying, something along the lines of the wrist popped out of the joint and he popped it back in. While doing this and continuing on at the level he did is still questionable, it's hardly impossible.
[/quote]It's friggin impossible! Get over it.