2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Tiger: "Bone kinda popped out..." ???

[quote name='Tom Gski' timestamp='1428946070' post='11348821']
[quote name='ChristopherMcDonald' timestamp='1428941432' post='11348131']
[quote name='Tom Gski' timestamp='1428933912' post='11346973']
Face it, Tiger didn't have a bone pop out of place, he is completely fabricating a sob story to grab attention. Sorry to all the Tiger admirers, but he can't stand not being the main attraction.
[/quote]

biggest troll of 2015. You just can't give it a rest.
[/quote]Chris, seriously, do you really think a bone popped out of place and Tiger "popped" it back in? Really? Seriously?
[/quote]Tom, do you ever crack your knuckles or just shrug your shoulders to loosen them up or anything like that? Now imagine if you will you just slammed your golf club into a tree root or rock or hard clay with a golf club approaching 100 mph. Something in your hand felt wrong so you massaged it and manipulated it and it seemed to slide back into place and felt better. Now you are in an interview and out of the blue are asked a question what happened. What would you say? Spur of the moment mind you-not really like you prepared for the question. He didn't say it was dislocated, just a bit out of place. I do that all of the time and it slightly irritates the nerves around the joint so you manipulate a bit and it feels better. I believe that is all he meant.

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Shilgy' timestamp='1428948918' post='11349275']
Face it, Tiger didn't have a bone pop out of place, he is completely fabricating a sob story to grab attention. Sorry to all the Tiger admirers, but he can't stand not being the main attraction.
[/quote]

[/quote]Chris, seriously, do you really think a bone popped out of place and Tiger "popped" it back in? Really? Seriously?
[/quote]Tom, do you ever crack your knuckles or just shrug your shoulders to loosen them up or anything like that? Now imagine if you will you just slammed your golf club into a tree root or rock or hard clay with a golf club approaching 100 mph. Something in your hand felt wrong so you massaged it and manipulated it and it seemed to slide back into place and felt better. Now you are in an interview and out of the blue are asked a question what happened. What would you say? Spur of the moment mind you-not really like you prepared for the question. He didn't say it was dislocated, just a bit out of place. I do that all of the time and it slightly irritates the nerves around the joint so you manipulate a bit and it feels better. I believe that is all he meant.
[/quote]

If he meant that, why didn't he just say that? I don't think Tiger is as dumb as you think. He does not say anything that isn't measured and intentional.

Callaway Rogue 10.5
Callaway 3Deep w/PX 6.0
Ping i20 2 Hy & Idea Pro 4 Hy
Ping i25 5-UW
Scotty Cameron Notchback
Ping Tour Gorge 54 & Vokey SM8 58

[quote name='mwkbmw' timestamp='1428949174' post='11349319']
[/quote]

[/quote]

If he meant that, why didn't he just say that? I don't think Tiger is as dumb as you think. He does not say anything that isn't measured and intentional.
[/quote]

This is precisely the problem.. You are smart and nowhere in that quoted post did Shilgy say he thinks Tiger is dumb...

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Like I said-spur of the moment in an interview that is what he said. A bone popped out and he slid it back in. Again-he did not say it was dislocated or just hanging there lol. What would you call it, without time to think about it, if you had a hand that felt off and you massaged it back into place? We are discussing semantics here.

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Tiger getting thumped by Rory (Tiger +1 and Rory -2 at the turn) pulled a John McEnroe, trying to disrupt the momentum.

Tiger lied again about something nobody can prove or disprove? Back pain, etc. Pretty normal now.

He is a competitor that does not like to lose.

It ends up Rory put the 7 shot beat down on him that day head to head over 18 holes at Augusta.

Now Tiger has an excuse. Yea, he beat me but I was hurt.

Valhalla, I am coming!
Drums beating, cold English blood
runs hot.
they just can't kill the beast

Last time he got caught having a bone pop out it cost him
his marriage and over $750M.

I'll admit he handled this one better.

Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
Callaway Apex Utility Wood 19* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 60
Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
Titleist 818 H2 21*
Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW KBS DG X100
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1

[quote name='Mr. Grumpy' timestamp='1428949398' post='11349363']
[/quote]

[/quote]

This is precisely the problem.. [b]You are smart [/b]and nowhere in that quoted post did Shilgy say he thinks Tiger is dumb...
[/quote]

Thank you. And you [i]are [/i]grumpy. :D

Callaway Rogue 10.5
Callaway 3Deep w/PX 6.0
Ping i25 5-UW
Scotty Cameron Notchback

[quote name='Playaway' timestamp='1428950114' post='11349443']
Tiger getting thumped by Rory (Tiger +1 and Rory -2 at the turn) pulled a John McEnroe, trying to disrupt the momentum.

Tiger lied again about something nobody can prove or disprove? Back pain, etc. Pretty normal now.

It ends up Rory put the 7 shot beat down on him that day head to head over 18 holes at Augusta.

[/quote]

LMAO :taunt:

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Titleist 910D3 Tour AD-DI
Titleist 910F 19* Project X
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW KBS Tour-V
Titleist SM5 50*F/54*M/58*K KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Select Newport[/font]

[quote name='redfirebird08' timestamp='1428950747' post='11349521']
[quote name='3jacker' timestamp='1428950319' post='11349455']

[/quote]

Where you getting that $750m number? Elin got $100m.
[/quote]

Google it.

Here's one of many:

[url][url="http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/06/30/elin-nordegren-gets-m-custody-kids-exchange-silence-tiger-woods-divorce/"]http://www.foxnews.c...-woods-divorce/[/url][/url]

Titleist 818 H2 21*
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1

[quote name='3jacker' timestamp='1428951544' post='11349663']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Google it.

Here's one of many:

[url="http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/06/30/elin-nordegren-gets-m-custody-kids-exchange-silence-tiger-woods-divorce/"]http://www.foxnews.c...-woods-divorce/[/url]
[/quote]

He didn't even have that kind of money to give. Here's an article that debunks the report you posted.

[url="http://www.forbes.com/sites/work-in-progress/2010/07/03/elin-nordegren-tiger-woods-divorce-settlement-100-million/"]http://www.forbes.com/sites/work-in-progress/2010/07/03/elin-nordegren-tiger-woods-divorce-settlement-100-million/[/url]

At the time of the divorce he had a reported net worth of $600m.

[quote name='Shilgy' timestamp='1428949880' post='11349409']
[/quote]

[/quote]Like I said-spur of the moment in an interview that is what he said. A bone popped out and he slid it back in. Again-he did not say it was dislocated or just hanging there lol. What would you call it, without time to think about it, if you had a hand that felt off and you massaged it back into place? We are discussing semantics here.
[/quote]

I would have said, "Yes, Tom, it hurt like He11. Almost as bad as when I won the US Open with a compound fracture, but not quite. I knew the root was there, but I thought I could pick it clean and miss it. My glutes over-fired, though, and threw my swing off just enough to clip the root. I thought about calling for a trainer, but since hiring Como, I have become an expert on all things biological or biomechanical. So, I self-diagnosed myself with a dislocation and proceeded to re-set the bone. I am just worried that the impact may have somehow caused an underlying problem with my back that will show up the next time... uh, some time later... uh, yeah."

Callaway Rogue 10.5
Callaway 3Deep w/PX 6.0
Ping i25 5-UW
Scotty Cameron Notchback

[quote name='Playaway' timestamp='1428951278' post='11349607']
[quote name='MadGolfer76' timestamp='1428950613' post='11349501']
Odd that the club didn't bend.
[/quote]

What a gentleman you are!! :taunt:
[/quote]

Uh...thanks?

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

[/quote]

Rory got thumped by Spieth. 4 years younger and has what Rory does not.

And Tiger is an old man like us now.

Of course he is telling tall tales ; )

Like...

"I remember winning 4 green jackets"

Wait, that's actually true.

[quote]I would have said, "Yes, Tom, it hurt like He11. Almost as bad as when I won the US Open with a compound fracture, but not quite. I knew the root was there, but I thought I could pick it clean and miss it. My glutes over-fired, though, and threw my swing off just enough to clip the root. I thought about calling for a trainer, but since hiring Como, I have become an expert on all things biological or biomechanical. So, I self-diagnosed myself with a dislocation and proceeded to re-set the bone. I am just worried that the impact may have somehow caused an underlying problem with my back that will show up the next time... uh, some time later... uh, yeah." [/quote]

Yes. I can just see it now . . . . ."it all started with the root I hit on 9 at Augusta playing with that Irish kid."

Valhalla, I am coming!
runs hot.

[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1428952658' post='11349787']

[/quote]

Like...

[/quote]

OK. Tigerrrrr and Rory played head to head at Augusta in the final round when both were out of it and Rory bested Tigerrrrrrr by a "few". :taunt:

Valhalla, I am coming!
runs hot.

his marriage and [b]over $750M.[/b]

[/quote]

wat

[/quote]

[/quote]

Google it.

Here's one of many:

[url="http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/06/30/elin-nordegren-gets-m-custody-kids-exchange-silence-tiger-woods-divorce/"]http://www.foxnews.c...-woods-divorce/[/url]
[/quote]

lol Fox news

[quote name='Playaway' timestamp='1428953032' post='11349827']

[/quote]

Like...

[/quote]

OK. Tigerrrrr and Rory played head to head at Augusta in the final round when both were out of it and Rory bested Tigerrrrrrr by a "few". :taunt:
[/quote]

TW knows Rory is better than he is right now. But, hand it to TW. Nobody thought he'd show his face or if he did, he'd be low key with his head down and then fail and MC. So.... he shows up with a 5'10" blonde and his kids and gives the crowd a show and some decent golf. Not a bad result all in all.

[b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/user/184910-mwkbmw/"]mwkbmw[/url][/b]

[indent=4]
[color=#5A5A5A][size=3][color=#282828][size=4][size=3]biggest troll of 2015. You just can't give it a rest.Chris, seriously, do you really think a bone popped out of place and Tiger "popped" it back in? Really? Seriously?Tom, do you ever crack your knuckles or just shrug your shoulders to loosen them up or anything like that? Now imagine if you will you just slammed your golf club into a tree root or rock or hard clay with a golf club approaching 100 mph. Something in your hand felt wrong so you massaged it and manipulated it and it seemed to slide back into place and felt better. Now you are in an interview and out of the blue are asked a question what happened. What would you say? Spur of the moment mind you-not really like you prepared for the question. He didn't say it was dislocated, just a bit out of place. I do that all of the time and it slightly irritates the nerves around the joint so you manipulate a bit and it feels better. I believe that is all he meant.
If he meant that, why didn't he just say that? I don't think Tiger is as dumb as you think. He does not say anything that isn't measured and intentional.Like I said-spur of the moment in an interview that is what he said. A bone popped out and he slid it back in. Again-he did not say it was dislocated or just hanging there lol. What would you call it, without time to think about it, if you had a hand that felt off and you massaged it back into place? We are discussing semantics here.[/size]

I would have said, "Yes, Tom, it hurt like He11. Almost as bad as when I won the US Open with a compound fracture, but not quite. I knew the root was there, but I thought I could pick it clean and miss it. My glutes over-fired, though, and threw my swing off just enough to clip the root. I thought about calling for a trainer, but since hiring Como, I have become an expert on all things biological or biomechanical. So, I self-diagnosed myself with a dislocation and proceeded to re-set the bone. I am just worried that the impact may have somehow caused an underlying problem with my back that will show up the next time... uh, some time later... uh, yeah."
REPLY:

I appreciate your post, mwk, you present it without making personal attacks on me, and include plausible points. I guess I feel Tiger has made his own bed, so to speak, by way of his personal life and his golfing life. I won't mention his personal life in any detail because I think it's well understood by most of us, but I see his golfing life in many different aspects. Firstly, and arguably, Tiger Woods has had a run in PGA golf that is really unmatched in time/wins, charisma, instilling life into the game of golf, and just plain interest. These are all good/great things, hands down. Tiger has really pumped life and interest into the game. Just the same, Tiger comes across as impersonal, unfriendly to fans, a little haughty, suspect of telling the truth, and embellishing situations (like this thread's topic). Personally, I think he over-embellished this situation, likewise the overactive glut incident. He always seems to over-embellish incidents like this, making sure he gets all the attention he can. Now this is just my opinion, but others, many others, agree. I was once an avid Tiger fan, rooting for him to be successful, but I lost that flare due to the total package that Tiger is, his golf life and his personal life, because I believe that's how a great golfer should be viewed, with golf being a gentleman's sport. Tiger has excelled like none other, but has failed like none other, to me. He's not the "total package", he's only the golf side package. When it's all said and done, there is "nothing" more important than one's quality of character, hands down.
Thank you for your post, I hope you can understand mine.
Tom[/size][/color][/size][/color]

[/indent]

[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1428953977' post='11349925']
[quote name='Playaway' timestamp='1428953032' post='11349827']

[/quote]

Like...

[/quote]

[/quote]

TW knows Rory is better than he is right now. But, hand it to TW. Nobody thought he'd show his face or if he did, he'd be low key with his head down and then fail and MC. So.... he shows up with a 5'10" blonde and his kids and gives the crowd a show and some decent golf. Not a bad result all in all.
[/quote]

Yes, he did better than I thought he would. The gold digger in the sun dress at the par 3 shindig was priceless. Tiger's social existence is as bad as his golf game is good.

Valhalla, I am coming!
runs hot.

[quote name='redfirebird08' timestamp='1428951699' post='11349681']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Google it.

Here's one of many:

[/quote]

He didn't even have that kind of money to give. Here's an article that debunks the report you posted.

[url="http://www.forbes.com/sites/work-in-progress/2010/07/03/elin-nordegren-tiger-woods-divorce-settlement-100-million/"]http://www.forbes.co...nt-100-million/[/url]

At the time of the divorce he had a reported net worth of $600m.
[/quote]

OK, that makes sense. Same difference.

I stated something ridiculous about Tiger saying something ridiculous.

I consider myself "even" with TW now.

Titleist 818 H2 21*
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1

I must say that the Tiger "hate" threads are far more entertaining than those started by his fans.
They're also scarier........

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

I made a post in another thread in which I made a comment about Tiger's stories becoming almost folklore and giant fish tales and got lambasted by one of the Tiger's fanboys.... You can add this one to that list. Do I think he got hurt? Yes. Jammed his wrist most likely. Do I think a bone popped out and he just popped it back in and went on his merry way to eagle 13... F&#$ NO!!

[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1428960339' post='11350715']
I must say that the Tiger "hate" threads are far more entertaining than those started by his fans.
They're also scarier........
[/quote]

I think the "that's what he said, but not what he meant, even when he confirmed it, i'll now clarify what he meant because I'm in tune with his consciousness." Or the "All tiger does or says is correct and perfect. He shall not be questioned, he is above reproach. All hail TW" posts are way scarier.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck