2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Tiger: "Bone kinda popped out..." ???

Well, if Tiger doesn't make it in his return to PGA competition, he could always turn to Professional Wrestling. He might have to bulk up a little, but special doctors could help with that. He already has the acting aspect of wrestling down pat, he just has to work on some of the moves. Maybe the hardest part would be picking a stage name for his wrestling career, hmmmm? how about "THE GREAT PRETENDER" !

Tiger_Mask_IV_2.jpg

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1428963942' post='11351095'][quote name='jay65' timestamp='1428963468' post='11351043']
[quote name='SixtySomePing' timestamp='1428962893' post='11350977']
[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1428943867' post='11348475']
[quote name='SixtySomePing' timestamp='1428943200' post='11348371']
I think there's a difference between calling a news conference about a subject yourself with your own story (which is not what happened), and being asked to say a few words about your round, and agreeing, and then during that interview set up by the media, being asked by the interviewer about the incident (which is what happened) you can be caught off guard to come up with something pretty quickly. I mean in reality, in all of Tiger's health related issues, how many did he call his own news conference on, fully prepared, as opposed to being questioned on the spot? How well would we all do in the same circumstance? They all have to be professional athletes, plus perfect media responders as well when put on the spot? Just asking a legitimate question, only you get more time to answer :)
[/quote]

I hear what you say, but is it not beyond the realms of possibility, taking into consideration the very frequency that this is now happening, and also that these incidents appear to mainly happen when it appears he is no longer in the hunt for Tournaments, that Woods fakes the seriousness and reaction to these things in order to get some level of attention back that he has become accustomed to over the last 35 years? Knowing that it will be the topic of conversation and the inevitable questions by the media that will come with it?

Is that not possible at all? I mean, none of us actually know him do we? So whilst some people will fall one side and believe whatever the guys says and does, whilst some others are beginning to smell the coffee.
[/quote]

Great point Jay, none of [i]us [/i]actually know him...
[/quote]

No we don't but that doesn't stop the speculation when it comes with such frequency. Jeez, he seems to be getting injured in some way, these days, at virtually every Tournament he plays these days. He must be the unluckiest Golfer since the game was invented. Munchausen syndrome?
[/quote]
Guess you didn't see the instant pain register when he hit that root? Unluck, yes. And I felt it in my living room.[/quote]
This is multiple times now that you have claimed to "feel" Tiger's injuries while in your home. If that's not psychosis, I'm not sure what is!

[quote name='Titleist 670' timestamp='1428971825' post='11352015']
[quote name='MadGolfer76' timestamp='1428950613' post='11349501']
Odd that the club didn't bend.
[/quote]

The club did bend but Tiger bent it back correctly before putting it back in the bag - he did it so fast you couldn't see it, much like putting his bones back into place.

What a warrior and a true American hero.
[/quote]

that is one of the funniest things i ever read in my life

Driver- TITLEIST TSr1 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 KBS Tour Lite 100s
Wedges- CALLAWAY Jaws Raw Black SF 95
Putter- SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 9.5

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

[quote name='rbhan12' timestamp='1428991404' post='11354037']
Serious question: if Rory said this, what would the reaction be? Let's throw Phil, Jordan, and Justin Rose in the mix too. Still all the doubt?
[/quote]

my point exactly.... this is just drama for the sake of creating drama....not tiger creating it...all the people who analyze everything he says creating it.. Im a Phil fan and he said something to the effect of " im wearing black sunday cause studies show black ups the intimidation factor by 10" I told him to shut up as he said it...weirdo comment for sure...and nobody is raving about that .. Stenson ( im also a huge fan) came into the week with the excuse of having a bad bad bug....then is seen on the range eating a giant chili cheese burger... hardly something I want when I have the flu... no mention either.. If tiger had done or said either there would be at least 4 new threads about it.... Is it time we start talking about why there is so much raw hate for this person?

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

[quote name='mwkbmw' timestamp='1429015777' post='11354871']
Serious question: if Rory said this, what would the reaction be? Let's throw Phil, Jordan, and Justin Rose in the mix too. Still all the doubt?
[/quote]

No. But then, they don't have a history of making outlandish statements.
[/quote]Subcutaneous fat- Let's face it. Phil does say things that Tiger would get drilled for on this forum. FIGJAM was earned and yes, he does get some grief on here but not to the level Tiger would for the same comments.

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

I haven't read the thread but i will assume its a bunch of jokes or saying Tiger is lying.

That being said how many of the EXACT same things were said about Tiger and his back?? To be fair, there were MANY golf fans and media thinking he was faking. Then what happened? Well, he was indeed telling the truth and had basically a year ending back surgery.

[quote name='tiger1bearhawk2' timestamp='1429029919' post='11356791']
I haven't read the thread but i will assume its a bunch of jokes or saying Tiger is lying.

That being said how many of the EXACT same things were said about Tiger and his back?? To be fair, there were MANY golf fans and media thinking he was faking. Then what happened? Well, he was indeed telling the truth and had basically a year ending back surgery.
[/quote]

I don't think anyone is questioning him hurting his hand or wrist hitting whatever he hit on Sunday. The drama he likes to create is what people are poking fun at.

We knew his back was bothering him, but repeatedly dropping to the ground as if Chris Kyle sniped him was a bit extreme.

[quote name='Joebirds55' timestamp='1429030200' post='11356837']

[/quote]

I don't think anyone is questioning him hurting his hand or wrist hitting whatever he hit on Sunday. The drama he likes to create is what people are poking fun at.

We knew his back was bothering him, but repeatedly dropping to the ground as if Chris Kyle sniped him was a bit extreme.
[/quote]

I've had back spasms that have dropped me from my feet. Unless you've actually had them, you don't have a clue.

[quote name='Frankensteins Monster' timestamp='1429030260' post='11356855']

[/quote]

[/quote]

I've had back spasms that have dropped me from my feet. Unless you've actually had them, you don't have a clue.
[/quote]

And therein lies the problem. People with NO CLUE say he's not injured or he's lying and BOOM out for the year. You know it happened and i know it happened.

Maybe he was lying about the hand but after the bark flying up and a viscous swing it wouldn't surprise me if something popped out,moved and he moved it back. It's not even in the slightest an unreasonable thought.

Hell, for all we know it could have a tear right now.

[quote name='tiger1bearhawk2' timestamp='1429031055' post='11356981']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And therein lies the problem. People with NO CLUE say he's not injured or he's lying and BOOM out for the year. You know it happened and i know it happened.

Maybe he was lying about the hand but after the bark flying up and a viscous swing it wouldn't surprise me if something popped out,moved and he moved it back. It's not even in the slightest an unreasonable thought.

[/quote]

Once again, you are missing the point. Sure there are some disbelievers over whether Woods has any of these ailments at all, but the vast majority are not questioning some niggles, we all get them from time to time on and off the Golf Course, what the majority of people are suggesting is that he is making such a big deal and plays the Martyr oh so well, and that they are somewhat embelished, for whatever reason.

Perhaps you have not read the whole thread, and if not, then that may be the reason for your comments.

[quote name='QEight' timestamp='1428995768' post='11354157']
[quote name='Redhill' timestamp='1428993142' post='11354095']
[/quote]

I think all of them would say something like " Yeah I tweaked my wrist on that shot from the pine straw, but it wasn't a big deal in that it didn't bother me the rest of the round"
[/quote]

You did not answer the question...
[/quote]

Yes I did.

[quote name='Shilgy' timestamp='1429028868' post='11356601']
[quote name='mwkbmw' timestamp='1429015777' post='11354871']
[/quote]

No. But then, they don't have a history of making outlandish statements.
[/quote]Subcutaneous fat- Let's face it. Phil does say things that Tiger would get drilled for on this forum. FIGJAM was earned and yes, he does get some grief on here but not to the level Tiger would for the same comments.
[/quote]

OT but this reminds me of one of the funniest public relations gaffes of Phil's career.

He was playing in the Walker Cup in Ireland. In an interview after the round he mentioned an errant drive that went in the rough and said:

"the rough is not the place to be. The Irish women aren't that attractive."

[quote name='Redhill' timestamp='1429032247' post='11357171']
[quote name='QEight' timestamp='1428995768' post='11354157']
[quote name='Redhill' timestamp='1428993142' post='11354095']
[/quote]

I think all of them would say something like " Yeah I tweaked my wrist on that shot from the pine straw, but it wasn't a big deal in that it didn't bother me the rest of the round"
[/quote]

You did not answer the question...
[/quote]

Yes I did.
[/quote]

Ok...

Ping G15 Titleist 950R Titleist 910D2 Titleist TS2
Titleist 910f 3W
Callaway XHot hybrid
Titleist 735cm Titleist AP2
Vokey wedges
Tri-Ball SRT Odyssey Works Versa #1 Tank Scotty Cameron Futura 5W

Tiger has hidden injuries from the media in the past. He never told us the extent of his leg injury during the 2008 open for example, until well after.

Those of you saying he's looking for sympathy are wrong. It's not like he's claiming he would have won had he not hurt his hand on the root.

The fact is, people who want to criticize Tiger will criticize Tiger. It doesn't matter what he does.

[quote name='straightshot7' timestamp='1429032851' post='11357245']
Tiger has hidden injuries from the media in the past. He never told us the extent of his leg injury during the 2008 open for example, until well after.

Those of you saying he's looking for sympathy are wrong. It's not like he's claiming he would have won had he not hurt his hand on the root.

The fact is, people who want to criticize Tiger will criticize Tiger. It doesn't matter what he does.
[/quote]

Elin knocked something loose in Tiger's brain when she went after him on that fateful night....

People change. Might be hard to believe but that US Open was a loooonnnggg time ago.

[/quote]

The injury he had and tried to hide was before his last Major win? Then there are well publicized 'injuries' since then, which he has not tried to hide, and he has not won a Major since? Hmmmm, would he be better served going back to keeping quieter about such 'injuries' then? Just a coincidence maybe.

[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1429031462' post='11357057']
[quote name='tiger1bearhawk2' timestamp='1429031055' post='11356981']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Once again, you are missing the point. Sure there are some disbelievers over whether Woods has any of these ailments at all, but the vast majority are not questioning some niggles, we all get them from time to time on and off the Golf Course, what the majority of people are suggesting is that he is making such a big deal and plays the Martyr oh so well, and that they are somewhat embelished, for whatever reason.

Perhaps you have not read the whole thread, and if not, then that may be the reason for your comments.
[/quote]A lot of you watched something different than I did. Must have been the UK feed? He showed the effects for the rest of the 9th hole, maybe a bit into 10 and that was it. Nothing like a NBA or soccer(football) flop.

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

[/quote]

On the contrary.

Everyone has been incredibly supportive and understanding. Quite moving, actually.

Here we go again.. Why all the vitriol with Tiger's comments ??? Are those that are bothered still affixed with the cheating scandal ???? if he says nothing, then he is closed off arrogant POS, if he says what he is feeling, he is a liar arrogant POS...

Some serious Pathos out and about in this thread...

[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1429034191' post='11357429']

[/quote]

On the contrary.

Everyone has been incredibly supportive and understanding. Quite moving, actually.
[/quote]

I can see your tears are you typed that.....

[quote name='rpl1971' timestamp='1429034523' post='11357463']
Here we go again.. Why all the vitriol with Tiger's comments ??? Are those that are bothered still affixed with the cheating scandal ???? if he says nothing, then he is closed off arrogant POS, if he says what he is feeling, he is a liar arrogant POS...

[/quote]

On the contrary.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually it's just about an outrageous claim made by a guy that's done some outrageous stuff.

Settle down.

Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
Callaway Apex Utility Wood 19* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 60
Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
Titleist 818 H2 21*
Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW KBS DG X100
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1

[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1429033376' post='11357311']

[/quote]

The injury he had and tried to hide was before his last Major win? Then there are well publicized 'injuries' since then, which he has not tried to hide, and he has not won a Major since? Hmmmm, would he be better served going back to keeping quieter about such 'injuries' then? Just a coincidence maybe.
[/quote]
But you would still find something to complain about.. PATHOS

[quote name='3jacker' timestamp='1429034572' post='11357471']

[/quote]

On the contrary.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually it's just about an outrageous claim made by a guy that's done some outrageous stuff.

Settle down.
[/quote]
Outrageous really like what precisely ??? Cheating on his wife ??? that happens to 70% of marriages.. Get over it...

[quote name='rpl1971' timestamp='1429034645' post='11357489']
[quote name='3jacker' timestamp='1429034572' post='11357471']

[/quote]

On the contrary.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Settle down.
[/quote]
Outrageous really like what precisely ??? Cheating on his wife ??? that happens to 70% of marriages.. Get over it...
[/quote]

So far you're the only person to mention that mess. The outrageous claim he refered to is the very topic of the thread you're commenting in. Are you so blinded by your allegiance that you've lost sight of even that?

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

[quote name='LittleLeftToRight' timestamp='1428976321' post='11352709']
Some of you people need help and that is coming from someone that doesn't even like Tiger.

My father played pro baseball back in the day. Early in his career he was hit on the end of his right pinkie of his throwing hand with a line drive. It drove the bone up towards his wrist. He said he squeezed it and it popped it back so he kept playing. (Men used to be men unlike some of the pansies here). The rest of his life he could pop it out. When we were kids we would ask him to do it because it made his pinkie lock up and get distorted. We would squeeze the pad of his hand and it would pop back in place and straighten out. It always made us laugh. He never complained of any pain. That is ten times worse than what Tiger described.

So yeah, [i]impossible[/i].
[/quote]
Kymar will say that this is not relevant.
Let's just get Tiger. It's fun. Just do it!

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1429037084' post='11357849']
Some of you people need help and that is coming from someone that doesn't even like Tiger.

My father played pro baseball back in the day. Early in his career he was hit on the end of his right pinkie of his throwing hand with a line drive. It drove the bone up towards his wrist. He said he squeezed it and it popped it back so he kept playing. (Men used to be men unlike some of the pansies here). The rest of his life he could pop it out. When we were kids we would ask him to do it because it made his pinkie lock up and get distorted. We would squeeze the pad of his hand and it would pop back in place and straighten out. It always made us laugh. He never complained of any pain. That is ten times worse than what Tiger described.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Yeah because pointing the didistinction between a pinky finger and a bone in the wrist = Get Tiger.

You still looking for that bunker on 17 Phil luckily bounced over when he won the open? Hypocrite

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

[quote name='KYMAR' timestamp='1429037434' post='11357919']
[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1429037084' post='11357849']

[/quote]
[/quote]

Yeah because pointing the didistinction between a pinky finger and a bone in the wrist = Get Tiger.

You still looking for that bunker on 17 Phil luckily bounced over when he won the open? Hypocrite
[/quote]
Nope, I think I've grown past that.
Seems you haven't though.
Get Tiger. It's fun.

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat