• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Tom Gski' timestamp='1428936613' post='11347425']
[quote name='Illest' timestamp='1428936531' post='11347411']
[quote name='3jacker' timestamp='1428936363' post='11347381']
No he said both a bone and a joint popped out of place.
[/quote]

Someone post the [i]actual[/i] quote. I seem to remember him just saying, something along the lines of the wrist popped out of the joint and he popped it back in. While doing this and continuing on at the level he did is still questionable, it's hardly impossible.
[/quote]It's friggin impossible! Get over it.
[/quote]

You've never seen someone pop out their wrist? I've seen people do this and pop it back in. Now, a bone actually popping out and being popped back is something entirely different.

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Titleist 910D3 Tour AD-DI
Titleist 910F 19* Project X
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW KBS Tour-V
Titleist SM5 50*F/54*M/58*K KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Select Newport[/font]

Any professional horticulturalists or tree surgeons around here, that can confirm the type of tree that was nearest to him and if the roots system is likely to go outside the drip line of that species of tree or not? Lmao!!

Come on guys, this subject is getting far too much air time, and in my opinion, detracting away from Spieths' victory a little, the very fact it's even being discussed.

Sometimes when the integrity of the joint becomes compromised dislocation and reduction can occur with far less pain than when it first happens. The way he fired off that "he popped it back in" made me assume that it has happened before.

I used to ski patrol and was a W-EMT and a lunate dislocation is not reduced in the field. There's too much concern over whether the radius is fractured or not.

I broke one of the other carpals, the scaphoid and eventually had a screw put into it, and I can tell you it was no picnic.

I was a little surprised it didn't check the lie and try and pick the ball if it was hard or there were roots. As valuable as his hands and wrists are to him I would think he would be more careful.

[quote name='Illest' timestamp='1428936742' post='11347445']
[quote name='Tom Gski' timestamp='1428936613' post='11347425']
[/quote]

Someone post the [i]actual[/i] quote. I seem to remember him just saying, something along the lines of the wrist popped out of the joint and he popped it back in. While doing this and continuing on at the level he did is still questionable, it's hardly impossible.
[/quote]It's friggin impossible! Get over it.
[/quote]

You've never seen someone pop out their wrist? I've seen people do this and pop it back in. Now, a bone actually popping out and being popped back is something entirely different.
[/quote]You're right.

I think he did check the lie and it was fine.
I don't think there was a root.
I don't think a "bone" (his actual word) popped out.
Or that he popped it back in and was fine as wine
by Hole 11.

Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
Callaway Apex Utility Wood 19* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 60
Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
Titleist 818 H2 21*
Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW KBS DG X100
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1

He was in the woods. No way that huge chunk was cut out by his club.
His shaft would've broken or bent.

Titleist 818 H2 21*
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1

[quote name='3jacker' timestamp='1428937726' post='11347583']
by Hole 11.
[/quote]

:taunt:

You're right, it's just a big conspiracy. Tiger wasn't even on the course yesterday. That was just a hologram.

[quote name='3jacker' timestamp='1428937932' post='11347611']
He was in the woods. No way that huge chunk was cut out by his club.
His shaft would've broken or bent.
[/quote]

Geoff Shackelford went out there and looked at it. He said it was a hole and clay. The video evidence is there that his club cut out some kind of hard piece of ground, whether it was a tree root or clay as Shackelford reported. It sure as heck wasn't a normal divot.

[quote name='Illest' timestamp='1428937933' post='11347613']
[quote name='3jacker' timestamp='1428937726' post='11347583']
by Hole 11.
[/quote]

:taunt:

You're right, it's just a big conspiracy.
[/quote]Now you are starting to understand.

i started a topic about this yesterday and it got booted, not sure why. but he is a joke thats for sure. notice nothing ever hurts when he is playing well

Driver- TITLEIST TSr1 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CALLAWAY Jaws Raw Black SF 95
Putter- SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 9.5

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

[/quote]

[/quote]

[url="http://www.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on-golf/25146683/tiger-woods-on-injury-bone-popped-out-of-place-but-i-put-it-back"]Link to CBS Sport - TWs own words[/url]

Of course I'm right.

It wasn't a root, and it wasn't a bone.

Love how the syncophants play this game. I really shouldn't keep going,
it's like teasing a kindergartener. But I can't help it.

I think we're about due for another one to post that we should stop talking
about it.

Titleist 818 H2 21*
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1

I have done this and I have my theory as to why, but I have not paid for a doc to evaluate it that far.

Dislocation, in my case, does not need to be a full on out of joint. I have, during non professional competition, dislocated a pinky, twice. The first was a full on little guy was backward, I freaked and without hesitation put it back in place and continued to play backyard football swelling began about 15 min later.. The second was slight, pop out, pop back, pain but no swelling until later that night - Basketball this time...

My knee does this often, but it is because of several previous injuries....

So, it is plausible, but I suspect that since he is not a doctor, he mis diagnosed and miss spoke a bit in saying it was a bone thinking that is what it was.. He is a golfer, not a doctor. However, something did happen and the hand and wrist is a very complex mix of muscle, ligament and bone... Cut him some slack knowing that he didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express either.....

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

[quote name='BillyJoe' timestamp='1428938460' post='11347685']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[url="http://www.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on-golf/25146683/tiger-woods-on-injury-bone-popped-out-of-place-but-i-put-it-back"]Link to CBS Sport - TWs own words[/url]
[/quote]

Sounds like he is saying he dislocated his wrist and popped it back in. He just poorly worded his explanation. Just my opinion though.
[quote name='ob1soccer' timestamp='1428938443' post='11347683']
i started a topic about this yesterday and it got booted, not sure why. but he is a joke thats for sure. notice nothing ever hurts when he is playing well
[/quote]

I'd say you're a joke, that's for sure.

Someone, please answer this question logically:
In all of the PGA history, why is it that ONLY Tiger Woods is the one allegedly getting hurt like he does? Nowhere else in the history of the PGA has a player so consistantly withdrawn from tournaments because of injury, or complained of injury like Tiger has. It's just plain and simple fact.

[quote name='bladehunter' timestamp='1428933844' post='11346961']
And on top of it all who gives a crap? Why does it bother you that he may be incorrect about his own diagnosis? Answer? Because it's tiger! Lol. Too funny
[/quote]

Wow at those two posts. But at least you're no fanboy.

"I dislocated a bone in my wrist, popped it back in and continued to play no problem"

Your opinion is that hearing that from anyone else would be believable? If mother Teresa made this claim I'd laugh in her face and call BS.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

[quote name='Tom Gski' timestamp='1428938987' post='11347761']
In all of the PGA history, why is it that ONLY Tiger Woods is the one allegedly getting hurt like he does? Nowhere else in the history of the PGA has a player so consistantly withdrawn from tournaments because of injury, or complained of injury like Tiger has. It's just plain and simple fact.
[/quote]

well, if you want to believe Hank Haney's book, the answer is right there.

It hurt; it definitely hurt,’’ Woods said. “I didn’t know there was a tree root there. I drove my hand or drove the club straight into it. It didn’t move. But my body kept moving. I told [TV] there that there was a little joint that popped out and I was able to somehow put it back in, which didn’t feel very good, but at least it got back in and I could move my hand again.
“I was in a hole, there was a big depression there and I didn’t really suspect there would be anything in front of it. Evidently, there was.’’

Tigerrrrr! Next year, he will tear a branch of a tree and replace an injured forearm with it.

Amazing how riled up some are about this. But, he made the cut and did fine so I can see how some would be disappointed.

[/quote]

What's your point? Tiger owns a lot of PGA history, why not this one. Not sure why you have this animosity toward someone you have probably never met or been close with. Like I said in another post, it is hip these days to be partisan...

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

[/quote]Gee Tom. Where do your facts come from? Or do you make them up? Is 8 times in 18 years consistently?
[color=#3B3A38]
Woods's early exit marked the eighth time in his PGA Tour career that he's withdrawn from a tournament and the sixth time he's done so in the last five seasons. That number is nine if you include the 1995 U.S. Open, where a then 19-year-old Woods -- an amateur at the time -- withdrew after injuring his wrist while playing a shot from deep rough at Shinnecock Hills.[/color][color=#3B3A38]
[b]READ: [/b][url="http://www.pga.com/news/pga-tour/tiger-woods-future-cloudy-after-more-back-problems-force-him-withdraw"]Tiger Woods's future cloudier after latest injury[/url] | [url="http://www.pga.com/news/pga-tour/complete-list-tiger-woods-injuries"]List: Tiger Woods' injuries[/url][/color][color=#3B3A38]
Here is a breakdown of Woods's withdrawals on the PGA Tour, in chronological order:[/color][color=#3B3A38]
- [b]1998:[/b] Woods withdraws before the start of the Kemper Open due to a back injury[/color][color=#3B3A38]
- [b]2006:[/b] Woods withdraws before teeing off in the third round of the Nissan Open citing the flu[/color][color=#3B3A38]
- [b]2010:[/b] Woods withdraws from the Players Championship after eight holes in the final round citing a neck injury[/color][color=#3B3A38]
- [b]2011: [/b]Woods withdraws after nine holes in the first round of the Players Championship citing a knee injury[/color][color=#3B3A38]
- [b]2012:[/b] Woods withdraws from the WGC-Cadillac Championship at Doral after 12 holes in the final round citing a left leg injury[/color][color=#3B3A38]
- [b]2014:[/b] Woods withdraws after 13 holes in the final round of the Honda Classic citing lower back spasms[/color][color=#3B3A38]
- [b]2014:[/b] Woods withdraws after eight holes in the final round of the Bridgestone Invitational, citing lower back spasms. [/color][color=#3B3A38]
- [b]2015:[/b] Woods withdraws after 11 holes in the first round of the Farmers Insurance Open, citing back [/color]

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Not a TW fan but clearly he could have been seriously injured on that shot.

One of the replays showed a chunk of tree root flying through the air like a chainsaw threw it out.

Props to him for shaking it off and finishing the tournament and I hope it isn't a lingering issue, 'cause he's got plenty of other (health) issues.

[quote name='redfirebird08' timestamp='1428935867' post='11347305']
[quote name='dpb5031' timestamp='1428935767' post='11347281']
[quote name='sjt4718' timestamp='1428935100' post='11347159']
I caught my club in the fairway somehow and had horrible wrist pain. If you saw his shot then I can't see how anyone would doubt an injury occurred. The club came to a stop,ouch.
[/quote]

I'm not doubting that it hurt or that he was injured; I'm just questioning the need for what seems to me to be a consistent theme of over-dramatizing things, and theatrically up-playing certain things, like difficult shots on the golf course. Of course the media loves to hype this sort of thing, It's just weird that he hypes it himself...

The "Tiger won the US Open on a broken leg" is an example of the media way over-hyping the injury. He had a freaking stress fracture for crying out loud. There are military recruits in basic training all around the world running 5 miles a day and doing all other kinds of physical training a lot more strenuous than golf with stress fractures in their lower legs. It's a very common occurrence. The media makes it sound like his femur was compound fractured, broken through the skin of his thigh, and held in with duct tape while he bravely carried on to victory...lol!
[/quote]

He had multiple stress fractures along with a blown ACL and the doctor told him not to play. But I guess you know better than his doctor.
[/quote]

I'm not questioning his injury, or the grit and determination it took to win at Torrey. My point is that it's heroic enough on its own without all of the dramatic hype. The media's portrayal of the injury as a "broken leg" is just silly. I've experienced both injuries, so I know what it feels like, and wouldn't characterize either as a "broken leg." In fact, the ACL injury probably caused him more pain than the stress fractures.

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball