#Releasetheputter - The Method Appreciation and Info Thread - (NO BST)

wldchld22

[quote name='Odyssey Gator' timestamp='1433119091' post='11663222'][quote name='kmo' timestamp='1433111110' post='11662512']Anyone know the weight of the grip that comes on the 006 or the model so I can look it up to find the weight thanks.[/quote]

Exact same grip that is on the Nike Method Matter putter line.[/quote]

Isn't the Method Matter putter a midsize grip? I asked a dealer to order that grip and said midsize is standard.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

Thanks fellas, I'm still depressed about it, I'll grab a back up at some when time and price are right. For now it is what it is. Disgusted

Taylormade Sim 2 Graphite design AD GP 6
Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7
Titleist 716 CB 3-9 Dynamic gold Tour issue S400
Titleist SM7 Vokey 46.50.54.60 DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron T22 fastback Murdered out

IG _Flagrant

[quote name='Flagrant' timestamp='1433121678' post='11663448']
Thanks fellas, I'm still depressed about it, I'll grab a back up at some when time and price are right. For now it is what it is. Disgusted
[/quote]

i would message nike on twitter.... they're usually really good about stuff like that. maybe you can atleast get a new head cover

[quote name='maxmw' timestamp='1433154588' post='11664752'][quote name='Flagrant' timestamp='1433121678' post='11663448']
[/quote]

i would message nike on twitter.... they're usually really good about stuff like that. maybe you can atleast get a new head cover[/quote]

That's not a bad idea, I can't see them doing anything, but it's worth a shot.
Thank you

Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7

IG _Flagrant

[quote name='minteq' timestamp='1433121313' post='11663414'][quote name='Odyssey Gator' timestamp='1433119091' post='11663222'][quote name='kmo' timestamp='1433111110' post='11662512']Anyone know the weight of the grip that comes on the 006 or the model so I can look it up to find the weight thanks.[/quote]

Exact same grip that is on the Nike Method Matter putter line.[/quote]

Isn't the Method Matter putter a midsize grip? I asked a dealer to order that grip and said midsize is standard.[/quote]

I am almost certain they both are considered mid sized grips and the exact same grip according to everything I have read here and after talking with Nike. They do not feel midsize. I think it is funny people are paying over 100 on eBay for the 006 grips. They may just be method matter grips bought from Nike.

[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1432850662' post='11645742']
[quote name='IrishGolfer14' timestamp='1432845078' post='11645210']
I finally swapped the grip out for a Pingman grip and it feels way better now. I emailed Nike though and they said that I could order one of the grips from the Method Midnight putters through a retailer, so I'll probably be doing that soon since I hate not having a method grip on it. Hopefully going to pickup a method matter headcover too since I can't bring myself to use the volt one.
[/quote]

Does that mean we can order the wrap from the MOD series? I even liked the ones on the method core last year.
[/quote] Do you know what model of Winn grip was on the Method core putters?

Ping G30
Titleist 915 F
Ping Rapture Hybrid 21
Mizuno MP15 4-PW
Vokey SM6 50, 56, 60
Byron Morgan DH89

[quote name='Flagrant' timestamp='1433159657' post='11664908']
[quote name='maxmw' timestamp='1433154588' post='11664752'][quote name='Flagrant' timestamp='1433121678' post='11663448']
[/quote]

i would message nike on twitter.... they're usually really good about stuff like that. maybe you can atleast get a new head cover[/quote]

Thank you
[/quote]

Keep us posted on what they respond with.

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1433207480' post='11670918'][quote name='Flagrant' timestamp='1433159657' post='11664908']
[/quote]

Thank you
[/quote]

Keep us posted on what they respond with.[/quote]

Said there was nothing they could do, I said I'd pay whatever, but no replacement, no clapping hands or black or white swoosh covers, I took shots but they did offer a nike core or mod cover.
I Said no thanks and thanked them for their time.

Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7

IG _Flagrant

[quote name='Flagrant' timestamp='1433209329' post='11671212']
[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1433207480' post='11670918'][quote name='Flagrant' timestamp='1433159657' post='11664908']
[/quote]

Thank you
[/quote]

Keep us posted on what they respond with.[/quote]

Said there was nothing they could do, I said I'd pay whatever, but no replacement, no clapping hands or black or white swoosh covers, I took shots but they did offer a nike core or mod cover.
I Said no thanks and thanked them for their time.
[/quote]

That totally sucks. Maybe you can pick one up on the bay after the initial hype wears off.

[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1433217185' post='11672094']
Or game it. It's a battle scar. Stuff happens.

My button back has a scar on the face from a playing partner dropping it on a cart path. As long as the putts are rolling it's all good!
[/quote]

Oh Its getting gamed not even a question.

Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7

IG _Flagrant

[quote name='maxmw' timestamp='1433240743' post='11672914']you would really think they should have some backup covers or even putters considering they have to fulfill warranty and stuff. what if there was some manufacturing defect on a putter and it breaks or the headcover just falls apart... they would have to find a new one[/quote]

Nike did have a few extra headcovers and putters for manufacturer defects at the time of shipping. I know two instances that a putter shipped with dents where Nike replaced it at no cost to the customer. This was only honored for original purchasers who could show legitimate proof of purchase from Nike or a licensed dealer. Although it is unfortunate about the ripped headcover and dent, Nike probably viewed this as outside the normal wear and tear warranty and they may have run out of spares as well.

[quote name='Odyssey Gator' timestamp='1433247461' post='11673244']
[quote name='maxmw' timestamp='1433240743' post='11672914']you would really think they should have some backup covers or even putters considering they have to fulfill warranty and stuff. what if there was some manufacturing defect on a putter and it breaks or the headcover just falls apart... they would have to find a new one[/quote]

Nike did have a few extra headcovers and putters for manufacturer defects at the time of shipping. I know two instances that a putter shipped with dents where Nike replaced it at no cost to the customer. This was only honored for original purchasers who could show legitimate proof of purchase from Nike or a licensed dealer. Although it is unfortunate about the ripped headcover and dent, Nike probably viewed this as outside the normal wear and tear warranty and they may have run out of spares as well.
[/quote]

100% Correct

Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7

IG _Flagrant

[quote name='Odyssey Gator' timestamp='1433288003' post='11678032']
Need some advice. Debating wether to remove the protective film on the bottom of the 006 and wanted to know if anyone noticed a sound change after removing it? With it on it seems more muted than my 001.
[/quote]

Pulled it last week, no difference to me at all

Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7

IG _Flagrant

[quote name='Flagrant' timestamp='1433289478' post='11678170']
Need some advice. Debating wether to remove the protective film on the bottom of the 006 and wanted to know if anyone noticed a sound change after removing it? With it on it seems more muted than my 001.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Finally pulled mine off last night.

Also changed the grip and had the loft/lie adjusted to the specs I was fitted for. I putted well with the stock setup, but have been using the Flatso Ultra/1.0 since it was released, so I went with that and figured with my "optimized" loft/lie this would make a great putter even better for me. That has not been the case. Had it out for a round and couple practice sessions and my putting has been markedly worse than with the stock set up. I don't know what to pin it on.

I ordered a Iomic i-Classic Mid to get out of the Flatso. I've never used an iomic grip before and couldn't find much as far as a review, but it looks to be a very similar shape and weight to the Scotty Pistolero which I like the feel of. I'm also considering going back to the stock loft/lie. Has anyone changed the loft/lie with a method and had issues or noticed they get better results with the method set to a different loft/lie than other putters?

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

[quote name='RonSwanson' timestamp='1433339928' post='11681118']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Also changed the grip and had the loft/lie adjusted to the specs I was fitted for. I putted well with the stock setup, but have been using the Flatso Ultra/1.0 since it was released, so I went with that and figured with my "optimized" loft/lie this would make a great putter even better for me. That has not been the case. Had it out for a round and couple practice sessions and my putting has been markedly worse than with the stock set up. I don't know what to pin it on.

I ordered a Iomic i-Classic Mid to get out of the Flatso. I've never used an iomic grip before and couldn't find much as far as a review, but it looks to be a very similar shape and weight to the Scotty Pistolero which I like the feel of. I'm also considering going back to the stock loft/lie. Has anyone changed the loft/lie with a method and had issues or noticed they get better results with the method set to a different loft/lie than other putters?
[/quote]
That sucks! That's one reason I haven't touched mine, It took me about one hour on the practice green to get my set up stance adjusted.

Did you cut down the shaft? Do you think the weight of the flatso has something to do with it. I never had any feel with any of the SS grips.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I have played mine right out of the box, it took me a little pratice to get used to it, but now its perfect. I have never putted this well in my life, even on long putts I am right near the hole. I am holing 10-15 ft putts on a regular basis. I am not messing with the grip, length or lie.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

[quote name='RonSwanson' timestamp='1433339928' post='11681118']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

oh man that sucks, i left mine at standard length/loft/lie. i like the way it's setup at stock and actually i putt better with the stock setup then my scotty thats fitted to me. i was playing with the super stroke ultra thin 1.0 grip and when i started to game my 006 with the stock grip, i actually like it way better, i control my putts better then i did with the super stroke grip. but that's jus me i guess. hope you get the 006 to where it works better for ya.

[quote name='MNNikeGuy' timestamp='1433382961' post='11685920']
That sucks! That's one reason I haven't touched mine, It took me about one hour on the practice green to get my set up stance adjusted.

Did you cut down the shaft? Do you think the weight of the flatso has something to do with it. I never had any feel with any of the SS grips.
[/quote]

Kept it at 34", that's what I've always used, just changed the loft and lie.

I'm changing the grip today to the iomic which is about 10g lighter than the Flatso and obviously a different shape, so I'll see how it goes over the weekend before making any more adjustments. I forward press fairly significantly, so that's why I've always played more loft, but might go back to the original 2* loft if things don't improve.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

[quote name='minteq' timestamp='1433409239' post='11687118']
I have played mine right out of the box, it took me a little pratice to get used to it, but now its perfect. I have never putted this well in my life, even on long putts I am right near the hole. I am holing 10-15 ft putts on a regular basis. I am not messing with the grip, length or lie.
[/quote]

thats how i exactly feel, 10-15ft putts i enjoy now cause i know i can drain them far out. once i started putting with it, i knew right away i didn't wanna mess/touch anything on the putter. 4-6ft i'm 1putting them like a breeze now. i've been scoring even lower since i got my 006. even my brother's first putt with the 006 was a 15ft putt, he drain that putt like it was 6ft. he even told me he liked it way better then my NP i let him have. i told him if he really wanted i'd let get my other 006 i bought jus for display atm. and he did so i gave my other 006 to him and he loves it. he said he wasn't going to change anything at all cause it feels good with it stock, why change something if it feels good.

• wldchld22 changed the title to #Releasetheputter - The Method Appreciation and Info Thread - (NO BST)