#Releasetheputter - The Method Appreciation and Info Thread - (NO BST)

wldchld22

logged when when they were available but didn't buy one
they are sold out now
didn't take long

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

Didn't even see a page for them - congrats to those that bought one.

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

[quote name='practicetee' timestamp='1434054300' post='11734002'][quote name='Odyssey Gator' timestamp='1434038509' post='11732252']
had one but they only ship to Canada. Good luck if you are in Canada.
[/quote]

Didn't you just sell one on here?[/quote]

I did, I was trying to get one at retail price for a friend. I paid over retail for mine originally and it was out of his price range.

[quote name='Odyssey Gator' timestamp='1434056246' post='11734214'][quote name='practicetee' timestamp='1434054300' post='11734002'][quote name='Odyssey Gator' timestamp='1434038509' post='11732252']
[/quote]

I did, I was trying to get one at retail price for a friend. I paid over retail for mine originally and it was out of his price range.[/quote]

Or just looking to make another flip!

Taylormade Sim 2 Graphite design AD GP 6
Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7
Titleist 716 CB 3-9 Dynamic gold Tour issue S400
Titleist SM7 Vokey 46.50.54.60 DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron T22 fastback Murdered out

IG _Flagrant

[quote name='Flagrant' timestamp='1434058932' post='11734450'][quote name='Odyssey Gator' timestamp='1434056246' post='11734214'][quote name='practicetee' timestamp='1434054300' post='11734002'][quote name='Odyssey Gator' timestamp='1434038509' post='11732252']
[/quote]

I did, I was trying to get one at retail price for a friend. I paid over retail for mine originally and it was out of his price range.[/quote]

Or just looking to make another flip![/quote]

I don't think so. I broke even on mine, but could have sold it for $200 higher on eBay. Not to rock the boat but I know others on here who did buy 2 and sold 1 for a substantial profit. I have no hard feelings towards those people but think it is funny others commenting about me trying to get one at retail price.

[quote name='Norbe5' timestamp='1434076171' post='11736084']
Putter is sick!

But... I just want one of those headcovers lol
[/quote]

I hope they release a Clapping hands US open cover

Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7

IG _Flagrant

[quote name='Odyssey Gator' timestamp='1434059260' post='11734474']
[quote name='Flagrant' timestamp='1434058932' post='11734450'][quote name='Odyssey Gator' timestamp='1434056246' post='11734214'][quote name='practicetee' timestamp='1434054300' post='11734002'][quote name='Odyssey Gator' timestamp='1434038509' post='11732252']
[/quote]

Or just looking to make another flip![/quote]

I don't think so. I broke even on mine, but could have sold it for $200 higher on eBay. Not to rock the boat but I know others on here who did buy 2 and sold 1 for a substantial profit. I have no hard feelings towards those people but think it is funny others commenting about me trying to get one at retail price.
[/quote]

Well i guess the listing in the bst brought some attention your way.

Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7

IG _Flagrant

Sorry for the delay everyone, but I wanted to make sure I took a lot of time with this. I wanted to make sure that I gave the putter a fair shake and that I wasn't just running on an emotional high when writing this. Putting is the strongest part of my game. It might also be because I always go back to my ButtonBack which has been in the bag for a long long long time. I've tried many methods in the past and do well with them, but I always go back to my Scotty.

[u][b]GETTING IT RIGHT[/b][/u]

So I finally get my hands on this 303 unicorn and I'm nervous. Will it be everything I hoped and dreamed? I know it is just golf, but part of our craziness is what makes this site. :to_become_senile::to_become_senile::to_become_senile:

So I play my first 9 with it. Something wasn't right. The toe looks like it is up. The putter is gorgeous, but I didn't like it.

Go to my PGATSS and I have them extend it to my usual 35.25".

I play about 4 rounds with it at my new length and something is still not right. The toe still looks too high?! :read:

We check the lie. It is the same lie that I had my BB at. This doesn't make sense to me. I try the B2 in the store and I LOVE it. The B2 is a great looking club. Not my cup of tea in the feel department. Why is it that I putt so much better with the B2?

I know the store greens are rigged so I don't let myself believe that the B2 is for me. Or should it be?

Finally I am at my end. I tell my club guy to flatten it a degree. He knows I'm the weirdo that started this thread.

"Are you sure?" he asks one final time.

I simply reply...

[attachment=2803154:star-trek-make-it-so-450x270.jpg]

After that flattening my club maker pointed out something that we had talked about when the B2 was announced. The RORS has more of a tri sole vs. the flatter B2.

[attachment=2803164:b2RORS.jpg]

I had been setting up with the heel on the ground. It looked square to my line, but that was the reason my toe always looked high. So I began grounding the putter with the middle part of the sole and then taking my line.

The flatter lie felt much more comfortable to me. Now we were cooking. My speed with the putter was great from the get-go. Surprising since I am coming from such a soft feeling putter in the BB.

I love the bumpers. They really help me line up the ball to my target line and I can see why this head shape has always been so sought after.

Nike really pulled off something spectacular here with the looks. I know we can pay around $500 for other versions of this head, but we can't get it with Method technology. We did here and it is great. It works on so many levels. More on this later in my conclusion...

[b][u]Sound/Feel[/u][/b]

Another thing that added to my initial confusion was the feel. Those that followed the first thread might recall that I got to go to a short game clinic with Dave Stockton and his son. That is where I snagged this pic.

[attachment=2803168:stocktonJR.jpg]

Later after the putting clinic Dave Sr. let me putt with his putter. It was like hitting the ball with the softest brick on the earth. The putter was large and meaty. The impact a cushioned impact, the ball dwelled on the face and the plow-through from the weight gave you a satisfying follow through.

The RORS didn't feel like that. I was crushed. Then I remembered something. I have never putted with a putter belonging to Rory. I putted with something that was made for Dave Stockton and that I shouldn't have been expecting that. With that out of my head I was able to really enjoy this putter for what it is.

The sound portion was perplexing to me at first also. The weather was colder than usual here, but the putter didn't have the soft thud I get with my Scotty. It could have been the temperature. There was some kind of sound I wasn't used to hearing. It wasn't a click. I tried different balls, switching from RZN BLK to my winter ball the Wilson DUO. I still got the same sound. A satisfying "clack". As the weather warmed it became more muted, but the auditory feedback is nice.

[b][u]QUICK CONCLUSION[/u][/b]

I liked a lot of the methods in the past but they never knocked out my gamer. The mod30, mod60, 008, 006MM and MC03W were all really nice, but couldn't stick. I kind of miss the 008.

I like this one. A lot. The biggest test for me will be my annual golf trip with the guys. Scotty has been with me there for a long long time. I don't know if the RORS can knock it out of the bag just yet, but it is going to be really close. We have 6 weeks to find out.

[b][u]GOING FORWARD...[/u][/b]

I think we can all safely assume that Nike watched these threads over the past few years. We asked (a lot) and they delivered. They really did. Regardless of where it was made, they found a way to deliver new face technology with a gorgeous head and they kept it around $500. Thank you for this piece of art.

I know every business has margins they like to keep and maybe they were able to give this to us at a bargain and chalk it up to a marketing experiment but I know one thing...I'm hooked. I want more. We want more. Some of us that didn't get a RORS 006 would like another crack at this.

I also hope that Nike realized something here. We want premium putters from them and now we know they can deliver. I hope Nike knows that we are willing to pay for them. The OVEN pulled off a gem here and I for one would be a repeat customer.

I still think we need a line of Dave Franklin putters and Mike Taylor wedges (forged please :taunt: ).

I would love to see a RORS with a midnight finish. A RORS with interchangeable weights. All of us would love to see new variations of this beast and your other classic the 001.

Let those engineers at the Oven cook! The only thing that we ask is that when they are done; allow us to

#OPENTHEOVEN

[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1434086504' post='11736786']

[b][u]QUICK CONCLUSION[/u][/b]

I liked a lot of the methods in the past but they never knocked out my gamer. The mod30, mod60, 008, 006MM and MC03W were all really nice, but couldn't stick.

I like this one. A lot. The biggest test for me will be my annual golf trip with the guys. Scotty has been with me there for a long long time. I don't know if the RORS can knock it out of the bag just yet, but it is going to be really close. We have 6 weeks to find out.

Let those engineers at the Oven cook! The only thing that we ask is that when they are done; allow us to

#OPENTHEOVEN
[/quote]

This is a very good and honest review that summarise the story of this thread, all the effort to have the magic stick and then to make it work.

It is not that it is fantastic only because it's Rory's putter, it is also because you bring to the table the importance of the fitting. Some times a slight variation in an angle or the length of the shaft might have a significative difference in the results of our game. In my case, I only changed the grip and everything went much better.

I wish I could have more time to play more but sooner than later I'll write my review as well.

Excellent review

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

Man I really want one of these bad! I'll pull the trigger when the price is right I guess.

Callaway AI Smoke Tripe Diamond 9 @ 10   - Diamana PD 6TX

Callaway AI Smoke Triple Diamond 15 @ 14   - Diamana BF 7TX

Callaway Apex UW 17*   - Ventus Red 9X

Taylormade SIM Hybrid 22* - Tensei Orange 9X
Callaway Rogue Pro 5i   - Dynamic Gold 120 TI x100

Callaway Apex TCB 6i - PW   - Dynamic Gold 120 TI x100
Vokey SM8 Raw 50F, 54F, 58K(lb)  - Dynamic Gold TI s400 Onyx

Odyssey WH OG 7ch  - Stroke Lab

Titleist ProV1x

Great review!! I'm still working on my review, giving it time and rounds to get everything right and it could be done as soon as tonight.
I did ditch my head cover for the Nike one that came with the putter. Just like it so much more than my previous one.

If I didn't say this before thanks to all the people that made this possible!!

My review so far:
When I first got this putter I had no doubts that it was going straight into the bag no questions asked. No mantle piece here. This is by far the most expensive putter I have ever purchased. I also own a 006MM and a MC-3i.

FIRST IMPRESSION: soft but lots of feedback on where and how the ball contacted the face. Holds its line better than any putter I've ever owned or used. I was very nervous about marking it up and I guess I still am but I have relaxed a little.

FIRST ON COURSE: holy cow even on holes I knew broke a lot this baby held its line even better than my first impression. True roll off the face and dare I say "I knew I was not that bad at reading putts!" There was an adjustment period to how this putter rolled and held its line. Center hits feel like butter and get the ball rolling as advertised, sound is much more muted to me. Off center putts (yes I hit off center putts on purpose) still held its line, however I noticed a much more clicky sound and putts did not go the distance I felt they should. That's not really a bad thing for me because it forces me to focus more on better contact than over thinking my line. I know with my other Nikes that they were more forgiving on off center hits but felt more like a SGI iron if that makes sense (less feedback). I'm more of a feel player than anything I want all the feedback positive and negative I can get.

AFTER SEVERAL ROUNDS:
I noticed that I had to play around with my grip as I'm 5'9 and I like shorter putters. I didn't want to change anything with the putter. Like everything but the length. I have now got used to it and have found my placement that's comfortable.
I started to notice I was pushing and pulling every putt all of a sudden and this went on for several rounds. I got worried the honeymoon stage was over! I noticed same as wldchld22 that it felt that my toe was really high and something was off. My brain clicked on after a couple of practice sessions and I noticed that I was placing the putter to far away from me, basically setting up on the heel. Also noticed I was lining up open to my line. Closed my stance up, brought the putter closer to me, and perfection. Putting better than ever before.
Distance control has never been better and I have no clue why this putter is so much better than my others besides maybe feel. I used to be a three putt machine on long putts and now I feel like a pro with lag putts. Now just lag it up and tap it in.

HEAD COVER/ RECOGNITION:
I didn't want to use the volt oven cover when I got it. I guess I wanted to save it. I used a cover I got last year from a custom shop for $20. I just kept looking at the volt cover and thinking it was just a much better cover than the one I was using. It's now on!
I thought more people would recognize the putter but up north here it has not been an issue.

LOOK:
Beautiful + great lines

FINAL THOUGHTS:
Best feeling putter I have ever owned and it's not leaving the bag anytime soon or ever!
My home course is a nine hole par 33. The greens are small with lots of slant/break to them. I shot one of my best rounds ever there last week which was even par 33 no mulligans count every shot. With 11 putts for the 9. Basically 2 putted one and two (2 bogeys) and the putter caught on fire one putting the last 7 holes with 2 birdies. This putter has been a game changer for me. I don't have much bad to say about it at all and being a review I wanted to come up with some negative but I just can't. It feels like it was made for me.

Berg1091

[quote name='Berg1091' timestamp='1434178221' post='11743440']

HEAD COVER/ RECOGNITION:
I didn't want to use the volt oven cover when I got it. I guess I wanted to save it. I used a cover I got last year from a custom shop for $20. I just kept looking at the volt cover and thinking it was just a much better cover than the one I was using. It's now on!
I thought more people would recognize the putter but up north here it has not been an issue.

[/quote]

Very good review.

I took mine with the volt cover a few times to the practice green and the course but after seeing the one with the hole, I got a cover from Kari Lajosi with the lizards in bright green.

Nobody had recognised the putter. Sometimes I believe that I'm the only person gaming Nike in my home club. I guess that people that look at my putter might get more intrigued by the "Ultimate" word on the Garsen grip but no one has asked me about it, no matter than indeed, I'm using the ultimate putter from Nike.

[quote name='j.a.' timestamp='1434179553' post='11743464'][quote name='Berg1091' timestamp='1434178221' post='11743440']

HEAD COVER/ RECOGNITION:

[/quote]

Very good review.

I took mine with the volt cover a few times to the practice green and the course but after seeing the one with the hole, I got a cover from Kari Lajosi with the lizards in bright green.

Nobody had recognised the putter. Sometimes I believe that I'm the only person gaming Nike in my home club. I guess that people that look at my putter might get more intrigued by the "Ultimate" word on the Garsen grip but no one has asked me about it, no matter than indeed, I'm using the ultimate putter from Nike.[/quote]

Ahhhh it's just cover man game it, can't be perfect forever, I got over it, it is what it is... A tool used to play a game with a hole in the cover lol

Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7

IG _Flagrant

[quote name='maxmw' timestamp='1434238381' post='11746364']
[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1434233668' post='11746088']
That's the spirit! mine also has some bumps on it already. A little frustrating because I don't know where it happened. That 303 is definitely soft!
[/quote]

if i remember reading correctly in the booklet, it says it's 304 SS
[/quote]

That 304 is really soft! :)

So grab a beer or a cup of coffee or tea, some Tim Tams or a Vegemite sandwich (instructions below) and let's go! :read:

After reading those reviews and finding out that everyone is having a lot of success with the 006, I went to the practice green decided to solve my sweet and sour relationship with this putter. I enjoyed a lot the MM006 which I still have but #ThereIsAlwaysBetter and indeed the 006 is the best looking and performer Method out there in the words of one of the Pros of my home club.

I started putting with my Kingston KP1 GSS with short, mid and long putters. It went pretty well. The KP1 specs are pretty similar to the 006 including the Garsen grip, so at some point I believed that it could be a mental thing. The KP1 GSS is simply a great putter. But the arrow performs well when the indian delivers.

So, I put the KP1 aside and grabbed the 006. I set up and started in the very same way than with the KP1. What a mess, poor distance control, ball going everywhere, etc. I was frustrated. So I became a little like Sheldon Cooper and started to study the physics of what was happening. First thing I checked the toe but it was ok, I rocked forward and backwards the putter to feel the tri-sole but the putter sit perfectly, so no lie adjustment needed. Next, I made a few practice strokes that felt good, nice balance, putter flowed nicely, so what's going on?

I setup, putt one ball and noted something interesting. Sometime ago I was asked to put the ball forward in my stance while trying to make a more straight through stroke, so when I did my stroke in slow motion, I realised that I was hitting the ball off centre, pretty much between the diagonal grooves and the milled face. That's no good, I thought! :fool:

Immediately after that, I moved the ball in my stance to ensure that it could be hit on the sweet spot of the putter that of course has the horizontal grooves. I made the first stroke and voila! :yahoo: The ball rolled beautifully and went where I intended. Yes, the Method grooves were in action rolling the ball smoothly. I started moving around and it was amazing to see how the putter kept the ball rolling on the line I visualised. Then I started to hear frequently the sweet sound that makes the ball when is sinked in the hole :fan_1:

Whenever the ball didn't go to the hole, I still got a very nice dispersion around one feet or less to the hole, no matter the break, no matter the length of the putt meaning that the distance control was great. The ball went in a stubborn way to wherever it has to go :good:

I had to do a few adjustments more as the ball wanted to go straight on slight breaks or maybe it was because the green was a little wet. I have to try again on a sunny and dry day and on the course.

So, finally no more doubts about the 006. The indian learned to handle this amazing arrow. It will be in the bag for next round, hopefully on next weekend. Fingers crossed that the rain is gone by then (cool)

Have a nice day as I did today!

VegemiteSandwich.jpg[media=]

[/media]

• wldchld22 changed the title to #Releasetheputter - The Method Appreciation and Info Thread - (NO BST)