2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

What about something like P90X3? Quick workouts you can do at home. Lots of bodyweight stuff like pushups and pullups though, which may not be great for a shoulder issue.

Big fan of P90X3. I combine it with a lot of yoga and other stretching, its been a huge help with a banged up back.

Lost my final match in our flight cc tonight. Tough to say I played bad since I posted a 77 on a dry, fast course. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that it was a great match and this might have been my best round of the year. Can you play a "best round of the year" and still lose?

Super frustrating though, I really wanted to win this. Opponent was older but still hit the ball a long way - and straight - and was playing from a teebox up. Not a big deal until 15-16-17 when he was getting 40+ yards. Not an excuse though.

God losing f'ng sucks.

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Hive approved irons maybe changing soon...#ApexCF16

They were really nice. Felt good and were really nice looking. If I were in the market for new irons, I would be really tempted. Too bad the sales dude got salad dressing all over the grips.

Man, I didn't eat my salad until afterwards ;)

Boogs was killing the 7 iron..easily 170 + today.

But what sealed the deal was telling him Kent is playing them...BAM!

(That and he got 50% bump on trade in deal good until June 30th)

Fox Hollow is Baltimore County and right up the road from me. Stop by for some food when your done.

If I'm working it, I'll hold you to that.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

They were really nice. Felt good and were really nice looking. If I were in the market for new irons, I would be really tempted. Too bad the sales dude got salad dressing all over the grips.

(That and he got bucks worth in trade in...50% bump until June 30th)

Fox Hollow is Baltimore County and right up the road from me. Stop by for some food when your done.

He'll have a water. Only a water. At least thats all he has when he comes to my place.

TM TI M2 - Yellow HZRDUS HC 6.5
XR16 5w - Speeder 757
Taylormade CB 3-AW
Vokey 254, 258
Taylormade Spider Tour Black

(That and he got 900ish bucks worth in trade in...50% bump until June 30th)

He'll have a water. Only a water. At least thats all he has when he comes to my place.

I am 15 minutes from there and on his way home. I can afford water for him and a salad.

What about something like P90X3? Quick workouts you can do at home. Lots of bodyweight stuff like pushups and pullups though, which may not be great for a shoulder issue.

Big fan of P90X3. I combine it with a lot of yoga and other stretching, its been a huge help with a banged up back.

Lost my final match in our flight cc tonight. Tough to say I played bad since I posted a 77 on a dry, fast course. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that it was a great match and this might have been my best round of the year. Can you play a "best round of the year" and still lose?

Super frustrating though, I really wanted to win this. Opponent was older but still hit the ball a long way - and straight - and was playing from a teebox up. Not a big deal until 15-16-17 when he was getting 40+ yards. Not an excuse though.

God losing f'ng sucks.

DC is this a club championship or a club wide type tournament. We have a Founder's Cup where you can play from whatever tee's you want, but whatever tee's you choose you have to play from that tee box the whole tournament. This tournament is for men and women and is hdcped.

Our club championship is just men and broken into flights by hdcp's. If you are a 6 or less index you must play in the championship flight and they have a losers bracket. All other flights(1st thru 5th flights) are one and done. This year the 1st flight was full of championship flight guys from the past few years and very competitive.

Bridgestone TD-01 True Balance arrived yesterday.

Anyway, nice purchase. . .the guy on ebay (and Amazon -- same guy) is selling these for like $72 and it was brand new. Like head and grip still wrapped in cellophane, putter entirely in a plastic bag.

Now, the "marketing gimmick" of this putter is that it can stand on its own (I couldn't make this happen), which really means that it's very HEAD HEAVY (360g head with 30g shaft and 20g grip). High swing weight. Or low swing weight, whichever way that goes.

And I must say, it feels (and rolls on the home mat) phenomenal. I rolled one in a pro shop once and I've been thinking about it ever since. Just waiting to find one on the cheap.

But, I don't know if it's all the gimmick because this putter has a lot that's different from my putter. . .it's face balanced. It has a fatter grip. The grip has a different shape. It's a little longer. The lie angle seems different (although it says it's the same). It has more offset. It has an insert. It's overall weight is different.

Playing 9 today and putting it in the bag. Have a double-match with JJ and Halcyan tomorrow, so I'll see if I like it enough for that. Personally, I rely on feel more than mechanics to square the putter face and in that sense, I could really "feel" this one.

I have no idea whether it's going to be difficult on distance control, but my distance control really couldn't be much worse than it has been lately with the Red X.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Come to think of it, we've never really had hive-approved irons. Maybe one or two guys playing the same heads, but never mass approval of a single iron. There are just too many variables in what people like in irons.

True or grips because everyone flipped.

Driver because everyone rotates them out.

Wedge was the closest thing.

protos F4

Come to think of it, we've never really had hive-approved irons. Maybe one or two guys playing the same heads, but never mass approval of a single iron. There are just too many variables in what people like in irons.

And gloves of course. Everybody loves the hive-approved MG DynaGrip Elite.

And gloves of course. Everybody loves the hive-approved MG DynaGrip Elite.

Hell-No-Meme-Gif-13.jpg

protos F4

The best thing about ordering an MG glove is receiving the daily emails from Rich Card (MG Golf) in perpetuity. He's like an old friend rash you just can't shake.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Gloves are a pretty personal thing, like shoes. It's hard to hive mind something that has contact points with your body. The Titleist and Footjoy gloves that are always for sale in pro shops will nearly give me a blister by the end of a round. I've settled in on the TM Targa over the last few years.

Even I don't have hands so wimpy I get blisters.

Gloves are a pretty personal thing, like shoes. It's hard to hive mind something that has contact points with your body. The Titleist and Footjoy gloves that are always for sale in pro shops will nearly give me a blister by the end of a round. I've settled in on the TM Targa over the last few years.

I get the 3 pack Callaway/TaylorMade/off brand from Costco. Not real high quality, kind of thin, but it is essentially 3 for 1 and they last several months. I'll go through 2 packs a season.

Gloves are so cheap in the grand scheme of golfing expenses that I don't even worry about it now. If you spent $20 on every glove instead of $10, you'd be out $30 or $40 bucks (MARGINALLY) at the end of the golf season. I go through that much in beers in 4 rounds.

Also, on a suggestion from PQ, if you keep your gloves in a large zip-loc bag, they seem to last way, way longer.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Played at Oak Creek with MTN today. It was my "Memorial Day" after working through the weekend. Glad we got out, the weather was perfect and the course is in nice shape.

MTN hit some great balls and some less than stellar. I blamed it on the jet lag from his Boston shenanigans he decided he needs to practice or at least warm up after not playing for two weeks. Played a slice with the driver most of the day which lead to some lost balls and question marks. Putted well, especially from long distance. Lipped out two 30+ footers for bird.

I played well after remembering my Florida fix with the driver. First round in a while that I actually played better physically than mentally. Made some stupid decisions and swings. Still nice to hit the ball well. Put a new project putter I refinished in play and it was a thing of beauty. Had one 3 putt which was entirely my fault for not realizing just how far down hill it was, lipped out the come backer. Made a few mid range putts for bird / par that just never left the cup. Left a bunch of putts DCS too. Selling the extras. 1 day, I am committed... maybe...

I got the wild hair after the rain gear talk about 50 pages back. I found a FootJoy short sleeve pullover on eBay. It was listed as a wind shirt and no one bid. $25 and 3 days later it arrived. Brand new FootJoy DryJoy Tour XP rain jacket. NOICE!!

Putter Refinish:

Nice job on the refinish!

Holy cow, another TM glove fan! I didn't think they existed. I fell in love with the Targa Tour but those are hard to find now. I've moved to the Targa which is just as good.

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

I get the 3 pack Callaway/TaylorMade/off brand from Costco. Not real high quality, kind of thin, but it is essentially 3 for 1 and they last several months. I'll go through 2 packs a season.

Using my first Callaway gloves right now because of the Costco pack

Cobra Bio Cell + with Speeder vc 7.2 tour spec
Diablo Tr Edge 13
909H 15
AP2 PX 6.0
Odyssey Metal-X #2
SCOR 47 & BV 52 & 60

Eh, most of the time I don't wear a glove. It only starts to bother me if I play more than 18 in a day or 18 two days in a row. I started golfing when I was a starving grad student. So I figured if I could learn to play without one, that'd be more money for actual golf. You get blisters if you play without having the perfect glove, Sully? I don't even need a glove. Jeez, you're such a p*ssy.

You all see this?

Hossler's shoulder hurt so bad he started chipping and hitting out of a bunker with his putter

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/beau-hossler-sends-texas-to-ncaa-finals-while-swinging-one-handed

Cobra Bio Cell + with Speeder vc 7.2 tour spec
Diablo Tr Edge 13
909H 15
AP2 PX 6.0
Odyssey Metal-X #2
SCOR 47 & BV 52 & 60

Gloves are so cheap in the grand scheme of golfing expenses that I don't even worry about it now. If you spent $20 on every glove instead of $10, you'd be out $30 or $40 bucks (MARGINALLY) at the end of the golf season. I go through that much in beers in 4 rounds.

Also, on a suggestion from PQ, if you keep your gloves in a large zip-loc bag, they seem to last way, way longer.

I use in glove for practice at home. One glove for practice at the course. On glove tOnplay.

I use in glove for practice at home. One glove for practice at the course. On glove tOnplay.

This is a tex level mobile post right here.

in glove

one glove

on glove

autocorrect FTW.

I don't wear gloves....

At home

On a train

In a car

Nor by the bay

I won't wear glove,not even in the rain.

Could use some fine tuning but it works.

protos F4