Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

[quote name='zer0' timestamp='1436387333' post='11911960']
We need more details about the hug. Was it a quick pat on the back hug or was it the kind of hug that was serious enough where you have time to reach around and drop a qualude in her gatorade?
[/quote]

Ironically, she looked like a combination of Stacy Lewis and Julianne Hough. Ponytail, baseball hat. Cute kid...bit of freckles...lots of fun. After politely asking she told a couple of really raunchy jokes which were hilarious. She and I were pretty much laughing the entire round so it was just a natural hug. No squeezy, hey I have Daddy issues and dig old men hug, more like a "this was really fun, thanks" hug.

Not to upset some of the constituents that frequent this thread but I'd prefer her over Danielle anytime.

[quote name='Chicago Lefty' timestamp='1436395648' post='11912818']
She mouthed "Help me" over Gary's shoulder in our direction during the hug.
[/quote]

CL, you told me she was mouthing "Creepy" or "Awkward"

Qi10 Max 9* ~ TPT Nitro 17 Hi

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

JDM Cally X Forged star~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Bridgestone RXS

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

You all need to know if I had feelings, they'd be hurt.

Of course, before I started playing with Adam and Ryan, I had feelings.

[quote name='VNutz' timestamp='1436445668' post='11915602']
Anybody going to the Senior Tour Encompass Championship this weekend? A vendor gave me tickets to the Pro Am today so I'll be out there later this afternoon.
[/quote]

Us Seniors prefer it to be called the Champions Tour or the Metamucil Tour.

[quote name='VNutz' timestamp='1436396366' post='11912866']
[quote name='Chicago Lefty' timestamp='1436395648' post='11912818']
She mouthed "Help me" over Gary's shoulder in our direction during the hug.
[/quote]

And the old man heard "hold me," I get it now.
[/quote]

Actually, this happened while Adam was on his way to an 11 on the 17th hole and it was Adam who cried...HELP ME.

Anybody going to the Senior Tour Encompass Championship this weekend? A vendor gave me tickets to the Pro Am today so I'll be out there later this afternoon.
[/quote]

I'm tempted to go but with the iffy weather all weekend I may just watch the John Deere. I'd gladly go out to Silvis but it's a hike to get there and back in one day.

Option 1
Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2"]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2[/url]

[quote name='pierso2' timestamp='1436457298' post='11916882']
[/quote]

I'm tempted to go but with the iffy weather all weekend I may just watch the John Deere. I'd gladly go out to Silvis but it's a hike to get there and back in one day.
[/quote]

Every year I think about going out to Silvis, but it's just too much of a time commitment. If not for free tickets I doubt I'd go out of my way for the Champions Tour, but free tickets, entrance to a food tent, and since it's offered by a work vendor there's no questioning taking time off from work for it. :lol:

So I played the Lakeside/Woodside at Cantigny this Wednesday as per recommendations in this thread (thanks Argonne69, Thunder Dan, VNutz!).

The course was exceptionally well-kept with even and fair greens. I was told that the stimp was 10.5 but the greens felt quite a bit slower, perhaps partly due to their size and to my inaccurate play leaving me plenty of very long putts. They were also very soft. Otherwise, the general condition was impressive. I did not have a single poor lie, not even in the deeper rough which was so lush that the ball tended to settle half an inch above the ground. No bunker shots so I can't tell about their condition.

The course layout didn't seem so special at first but it has grown on me afterwards. I have realized the reason - with the obvious exception of the par 3's the green was never visible from the tee. There was always a dogleg, an elevation change or some trees hiding the view of the green. For a first time visitor the effect was that the first shot felt kind of "blind" even though there was often quite generous landing areas. My playing partners were very helpful and gave some good advise which made me avoid the obvious mistakes. Still, it would take a replay or two to fully appreciate the hole routings.

There was a selection of rental clubs - I went with the cheapest option, some Nikes that were perfectly ok. The putter and I had far too many disagreements but this always happen to me with rental putters... :(

How'd you do on Woodside #2, the narrow par 5? With the narrow fairway, lateral hazard, and well protected green, I find that hole a real monster.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Heading out to Indian Lakes for the annual company/division outing. Can't say I like shotgun starts, but it should be a fun day. Hopefully my recent good play will show up today, but history is against me. For some reason, this course eats my soul.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

[quote name='VNutz' timestamp='1436448422' post='11915880']
[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1436447783' post='11915786']
You all need to know if I had feelings, they'd be hurt.

Of course, before I started playing with Adam and Ryan, I had feelings.
[/quote]

I thought the lawyers robbed you of your feelings? Then billed you for them.
[/quote]
Feelings, emotions, my soul...not much that they didn't take. Shocking, isn't it?

[quote name='Argonne69' timestamp='1436531397' post='11922274']Heading out to Indian Lakes for the annual company/division outing. Can't say I like shotgun starts, but it should be a fun day. Hopefully my recent good play will show up today, but history is against me. For some reason, this course eats my soul.[/quote]

I played there for the first time a few weeks ago, Hillside/Woodside, and liked it a lot.

Steeple Chase last night. Such a solid course for the price and area, yet I find it underrated in that you never really hear anyone talk about it. Much nicer than its neighbor Countryside although the greens are on the slow side. Tried a new putting style, trying to be shorter and quicker, finally gave up on it after a 4 putt double bogey on 11. Shot an 89, but didn't play as bad as the score. Only 22% FIR, but 44% GIR so my iron play was good. Putting and driving were an issue, especially since we played the blues (6466 yards) which is a little out of my range. Hit a lot of hybrids and 5 irons. Had a real bad fat 7 iron shot duff on #9 that led to a comedy of errors and a triple bogey. Double bogeys on 11 and 12 put a fork in my round.

Was planning on playing today, but my back has been acting up the last few days pretty bad. Got a call into the doc, waiting for a steroid pack. Will probably take it easy today and tonight. Heading out to HOE tomorrow at 11, want to feel good for that.

Played in The Sanctuary's Annual Pro-Am & Pig Roast this past Wednesday. Sure felt like a nice October day, but we lucked out as it didn't much other than mist every once in awhile. I have played in this Pro-Am every year since 2002. Man is it a fun event on a fun scramble course!

The event is a five player scramble format with skins game and is an incredible deal! It is $160 each amateur and includes open bar and beverage carts all day, box lunch, range, golf, pig roast dinner, prizes, and the tee gift which is sweet every year. This year the tee gift was the new Phil Mickelson callaway wedge in 60* loft- it has always been an amazing tee gift! So, five player scramble and you have to use every players drive once (par threes not included). All players under 60 including pros play the black tees, players over 60 play the blue tees, and women play the red tees. There were at least three all female groups and two mixed groups in the limited size field (i think it is 24 teams). There are two gimmick holes (1 a cannon and 1 hula hoop) which are expensive and you're kind of forced to get into them, but the prizes for those are always insane so it doesn't matter! We finished one shot off the money at -16, there was a three way tie for first at -18 which was decided by a closest to the pin shot from the pro of each team. Very cool bc they did it just off the balcony/pavillion back at the 18th green.

The course was in the best shape I think I've ever played it. Usually this time of year the course plays extremely firm and pretty quick and does not look very green. However, all the rain we've had has this place in beautiful shape! The green were the softest and most receptive I think I've ever played and was dumbfounded to be spinning the ball off of some greens which never happens out there. The greens were a decent pace, prob 9-10 on the stimp. Two things that bother me about that course are: the poa in some of the greens and the way they cut the extremely narrow fairways. The poa makes them a little bumpy for my taste. The Open style fairway cut where the right side is down grain and left side is into it, crushes my spirit when I hit a fairway. I generally draw the ball so I'm rarely on the right side of the fairway. Hate hitting shots into the grain like that in the fairway. Something that they've done out there which I love is cutting back many fescue areas to plant trees. We hardly looked for any balls in the fescue and that's a pleasant surprise! The trees should look great in about ten years or so.

[quote name='Argonne69' timestamp='1436531275' post='11922264']
How'd you do on Woodside #2, the narrow par 5? With the narrow fairway, lateral hazard, and well protected green, I find that hole a real monster.
[/quote]

Started well with a nice drive on the left side. Then it went downhill. Layup second with 7i should have been easy but I pushed it into the creek on the right. Fourth shot went over the green. Chip and two putts for a double bogey.

In hindsight the best play would have been a safer club from the tee, perhaps a hybrid or long iron. Then a layup with a mid iron and an 8i or so into the green. I had no real benefit from my long drive...

[quote name='jimwgt26' timestamp='1436535628' post='11922644']
[quote name='Argonne69' timestamp='1436531397' post='11922274']Heading out to Indian Lakes for the annual company/division outing. Can't say I like shotgun starts, but it should be a fun day. Hopefully my recent good play will show up today, but history is against me. For some reason, this course eats my soul.[/quote]

I played there for the first time a few weeks ago, Hillside/Woodside, and liked it a lot.
[/quote]

We played the Woodside/Island combo today. The fairways were in decent shape, but good lord, the greens were slow. They rolled like today's greens at the Women's U.S. Open. Everyone was struggling to get the ball to the hole.

As expected, shot the worst round of the year. While I enjoy the company, I don't particularly care for slow play, and shotgun starts. I didn't get my first par until 7 holes in, and managed 2 doubles along the way. Ugh. I managed to right the ship after that, but the damage was done.

Oh well, early start at Harborside Port in the morning, and then off to Gull Lake for 4 rounds on Sunday and Monday. Hopefully the weather will cooperate in Michigan.

[quote name='jimwgt26' timestamp='1436575066' post='11926382']
Has anyone ever been in the Ravisloe's men's bathroom by the bridge on 14? I've played there a lot over the years, but, today is my first time in there. You need a ladder, otherwise, you have to aim really high.
[/quote]

I've never been in any on course bathroom. That's what trees, bushes and fescue are for.

[quote name='Argonne69' timestamp='1436588344' post='11927502']
[quote name='jimwgt26' timestamp='1436535628' post='11922644']

[/quote]

We played the Woodside/Island combo today. The fairways were in decent shape, but good lord, the greens were slow. They rolled like today's greens at the Women's U.S. Open. Everyone was struggling to get the ball to the hole.

As expected, shot the worst round of the year. While I enjoy the company, I don't particularly care for slow play, and shotgun starts. I didn't get my first par until 7 holes in, and managed 2 doubles along the way. Ugh. I managed to right the ship after that, but the damage was done.

Oh well, early start at Harborside Port in the morning, and then off to Gull Lake for 4 rounds on Sunday and Monday. Hopefully the weather will cooperate in Michigan.
[/quote]

Enjoy Mich - not sure what courses you're playing but the greens up there felt like they would be very fast when putting on them and they were anything but, even downhill you had to give it a bit of umph. If you are playing Yarrow you'll have to hit the 5 footers like they were 30 footers but with the rock solid fairways you'll have some epic drives (the short par 5 on the back 9 I rolled so far I had 85 yards in for my second shot).

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

[quote name='zer0' timestamp='1436590095' post='11927622'][quote name='jimwgt26' timestamp='1436575066' post='11926382']
Has anyone ever been in the Ravisloe's men's bathroom by the bridge on 14? I've played there a lot over the years, but, today is my first time in there. You need a ladder, otherwise, you have to aim really high.
[/quote]

I've never been in any on course bathroom. That's what trees, bushes and fescue are for.[/quote]

Yes, my first time using a bathroom on a golf course. There were woman on the green behind me and through the opening to the 16th green.

Zero, aren't you a lawyer. My neck hurts from the urinal being too high on the wall. Do I have a case?

My first round at HoE this year. It's in great shape, the greens are pretty firm and fast. Unfortunately, we were paired with a father son combo. The son was maybe 18, and seemed like a nice kid. It was his first time on a golf course. The dad, on the other hand, was a starts with a D and rhymes with pooch, wouldn't stop "coaching" him. "You moved your head, You aimed wrong, keep your arms straight...." It was hard to listen to. The dad also thought he was foursome captain, and told us when it was our turn. He also complained that the course paired him and his son up with us. Dude, it's a popular course 8am on a Saturday, your not going to be able to play as a a twosome.

Anyways, thanks for listening, I feel much better already:)

Gentle conditions at Harborside this morning, which is a rarity. I got stuck playing as a single wedged between numerous foursomes after the 3 that I was supposed to join never showed. Not much I could do, so I made the best of it. I must have hit 200 balls on the course today trying to fill the time. 'Nice practice rounds.

I hit some excellent drives today, but managed to hit only 5 fairways. That's the biggest reason I prefer the Starboard course to the Port course. Port has too many bunkers that require forced carries.

I'm officially an old geezer today, as I put a 6 hybrid in my bag. Wow, that thing is crazy easy to hit. I had my first birdie ever on the par 3 4th hole, hitting a sweet cutting 6 hybrid 175 to a back right pin location.

Off to Gull Lake in the morning. I won't be playing Yarrow, but I will keep in mind the slow greens. It'll probably rain for 2 days. Ugh.