2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Sun Mountain C-130 wear issue

I seem to be having bad luck with the C-130 cart bags. I bought one several years ago and a hole wore into the bag on the left rear side where it contacts the golf cart when strapped in. You can see an exposed plastic rod that wears against the bag material rubbing the hole in it where it contacts the cart.

So as a gift my family bought me a new C-130 and it did the same exact thing in the same place again exposing the plastic rod that runs from top to bottom inside the bag.

No wear anyplace else, no other tears and all zippers work fine, just the nuisance hole. So I'm looking at the newest version and it has a rubber piece in this exact spot on the new C-130 bags.

When I got home I sent emails to Sun Mountain asking if the bags could be repaired at my expense or maybe the rubber pad placed on them. Their answer? Silence............. They won't even acknowledge my emails other than send me a computer generated response saying a rep will contact me.......

So much for Sun Mtn customer service...............

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you, they should at least acknowledge your inquiry. Ignoring you is definitely poor. Even if they just said "sorry we don't repair bags at anyone's expense"

I know your biggest issue is their CS but as an aside have you considered fashioning something yourself to cover the wear spot and protect it from getting worse? Just get a piece of leather or rubber and figure out a way to attach it. Hell if it's make or break just slop gorilla glue all over at and press it on there!

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

[quote name='KYMAR' timestamp='1432952295' post='11653762']
I hear you, they should at least acknowledge your inquiry. Ignoring you is definitely poor. Even if they just said "sorry we don't repair bags at anyone's expense"

I know your biggest issue is their CS but as an aside have you considered fashioning something yourself to cover the wear spot and protect it from getting worse? Just get a piece of leather or rubber and figure out a way to attach it. Hell if it's make or break just slop gorilla glue all over at and press it on there!
[/quote]

Actually I went to Home Depot and bought some black Gorilla duct tape and placed it over the hole on each one. If I see a piece of rubber I think will work I'll glue it in place. But this is my last Sun Mountain product.

I've had exactly the same issue with my Sun Mountain bag - it was used on a SM pushcart so I have 2 wear spots right where the contact is on the support arms . I called SM C/S and they offered to repair the bag and have it shipped back to a US address. I live outside the US so they offered to send me a pair of the plastic bumper pads so I can try to glue or stitch it in place instead.

I would call them - through the years they've sent me brake cables, inner tubes and other items free of charge for issues that I consider normal wear and tear.

I had a c 130 cart bag i bought last year. Used for approx 20 rounds and wore 4 small holes in back of bag wear it contacts cart. Numerous emails and calls. All we can do is have you pay to ship to us and we will inspect and install a piece of material over the holes. It now has not moved since last fall. Spare club holder. Anyone want it for a lot less than retail?

I've never had the CS experience you have. I usually call, explain what's going on, once they asked me to email them photos, each time, brand new bag and old one shipped back on SM...I think they have great service, clearly, YMMV.

I'd suggest you use the cart straps, I've noticed some wear where rubs against cart on my older models, new ones I cinch up tighter, or simply put something soft between cart rail and the bag then cinch up so not rubbing around. I easily have 200+ rounds on my current C130 no issues. FWIW, it's my 4th one...I'm a bag Ho too.

2015 GBB 10.5 - MRC B Series 60S 44.75"
RFX 3 & 5 Woods MRC BB 73
RFX 7 Wood Matrix Black Tie 7M3
XHot Pro Hybrid 23 Accra Shaft
Apex Pro 5-W KBS Tour V or Recoil 110 S-flex (Recoil for Winter Season)
Odyssey WhiteHot Pro #7 Flatso Ultra grip
X Forged C Grind 52*
PM Grind 58* KBS 610 Wedge
Chrome Soft 2016 Yellow
Hdcp - between 3 to 5 over the year

I have a C130, but my customer service experience with Sun Mountain was with my V1 Pushcart.

I needed a replacement part (can't remember which one, it's been awhile). I was prepared to buy it, but they just sent it out, I think I had it in two days. All I remember about the transaction was that it was unusually painless.

OP, did you call them?[b] (800) 227-9224[/b]

Emails are easily forgotten, calls not so much.

X________________________________ Sign Here

As an update to the original post. I spoke to a Sun Mtn rep twice, the second time he said return the bag for them to inspect it. He said he wasn't aware of any problems of wear in the past. I then asked, if there was not a problem in this area why had they added the rubber bumper pads to both sides exactly in the spot that wears on the bag? Regardless, I am shipping it to them today and will post here what happens. Another problem which I did not mention, was the issue that the clubs seem to hang up against each other in the bag making it almost impossible to pull them out of the bag. It's as if the grips rub against each other making it hard to put them in or take them out. That's another issue. If they fix the holes I'll be happy and replace the bag in the future with another style.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Driver 501' timestamp='1435875387' post='11878616']Kudos to Sun Mountain golf. They repaired my bag and shipped it back to me free of charge. They placed the rubber bumpers on my bag exactly where they are on the new C-130s and it covered the wear hole perfectly. I'm sure that's why they are now on all the new bags and I'm happy to have mine repaired.[/quote]

I have a a new one and like it a lot. One thing I've found that keeps the bag more secure and not slide around as much is don't feed the cart strap through the channel on the outside pocket. Of course that will depend on which side of the cart your on.

I use this bag with a clicgear 3.0. I love the bag, but when using the push cart it can be difficult at times to get clubs in and out. Any one else experience this and find a remedy?

TITLEIST TSR 2 w/PX Evenflow Riptide

Titleist TSR2 16.5 w/Tensei Blue

Titleist TSR2 21w/Tensei Blue

Titleist TSR1 5h, 6h 7h w/Kuro Kage Black

Titleist 24 T-100 7-AW, Recoil 95

Titleist SM9 - 54, 60

Scotty Phantom X5, Scotty Squareback

Titleist ProV1, Callaway Chrome Tour

Vessel Player IV Pro

• 4 years later...

the older C130s had issues with zipper pulls, easily replaced, though I just bought a newer model.

I have 6 C130s I've accumulated over the years, most recent being a 2019 Cyber=Monday purchase for a silly cheap price.

I play at least once a week, always ride and never have had any of the issues the OP stated, not sure what model cart they use, but seems someone isn't securing their bag very well, if friction is wearing through their bag.

2021 Bag Update:

Epic Max LS - MMT 60S

Epic Flash 5 Wood

Epic 3/4 Hybrids

Apex '21 Irons 5-7  MMT95 TT

Apex Pro '21 Irons 8-A  MMT95 TT

PM Grind Slate Wedges 58/64

Odyssey Exo Mini 7s

B330 XS Yellow

I'll be getting my 3rd 45LS in the last year soon. First one the waterproof pocket wasn't, and then within two months of the replacement bag, the material right below the main ring started to wear out. I carry so a different cause but.... they haven't been bad, but since I'm in Canada, and went through my pro shop, and they don't have a distributor in Canada, it's not the best setup. I really like the bag, especially the super padded straps on them, but they sure seem to make it somewhat difficult to deal with them.

• 3 years later...

I have a C130 and use a putter with an oversized grip....at times it's nearly impossible to get the putter out of there...anyone else have that same issue?

Ping G430 Max / G400 Max Drivers

Hybrids:  19* and 22* Ping G425

Irons:  Callaway Steelhead XR

Wedges: Vokey SM9s

Putter:  Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #8

C-130 Cart Bag

Ecco golf shoes

• 8 months later...

I ended up buying a new C130 from Sun Mountain and no problems with the putter getting stuck in the putter well.

Thanks

Ping G430 Max / G400 Max Drivers

Hybrids:  19* and 22* Ping G425

Irons:  Callaway Steelhead XR

Wedges: Vokey SM9s

Putter:  Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #8

C-130 Cart Bag

Ecco golf shoes