2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Nike 2016

Mattpgolf15

Rocking the Nikes for the time being?

Yup, either the MM Proto's or the satin VR's from the Oven.

I'd like to see you update your WITB asap and put Nike Fanboy in there :D

You guys are obviously really good players, and have seen some iron variations from both. I will say I have not read through both of your threads (lot of reading).

I was curious if either of you have played/tested MP5's?

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question about balls. I have a slow swing and am looking for more distance. When I use Nike's ball selector, it suggests using the Reds, which makes sense. My question is, is it suggesting the Reds because the Blacks will go about the same distance for me, and the Reds are cheaper, or will the Reds actually go farther than the Blacks because of my slow swing?

Rocking the Nikes for the time being?

Yup, either the MM Proto's or the satin VR's from the Oven.

I'd like to see you update your WITB asap and put Nike Fanboy in there :D

You guys are obviously really good players, and have seen some iron variations from both. I will say I have not read through both of your threads (lot of reading).

I was curious if either of you have played/tested MP5's?

Haven't hit them

Callaway Ai Smoke Triple  8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

TM Qi10 15* / Project X HZRDUS Black 8X        

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel ARRAY F3 w/ 3 line alignment

Quick question about balls. I have a slow swing and am looking for more distance. When I use Nike's ball selector, it suggests using the Reds, which makes sense. My question is, is it suggesting the Reds because the Blacks will go about the same distance for me, and the Reds are cheaper, or will the Reds actually go farther than the Blacks because of my slow swing?
I think mainly the price, because if your swing speed isn't that high, you don't need the black. You could play the black, but it wouldn't really be a huge advantage or disadvantage.

Brand new clapping hands cover on eBay. $400 yeah, good luck with that. I know these are rare, but $400?

I wasn't blown away with that headcover when I had one. The material felt cheap.

I'll bet there's somebody out there that will drop 400 on it...

I agree someone will grab it because they are so rare these days. Seems like all of Nikes putter covers are poor quality for whatever reason. Many of us in this thread have bitched for a high quality, solid color with a simple swoosh, that's magnetic and has some quality to it.

I don't understand the lack of quality and failure to make a plain and simple one. Hopefully they put one out for the US open that is cool. Now that they are producing good quality putters, time for some covers to follow. If they make a Nike ID system for putter covers, they would prolly make a small fortune.

Nike
Nike
&
More Nike

Brand new clapping hands cover on eBay. $400 yeah, good luck with that. I know these are rare, but $400?

I wasn't blown away with that headcover when I had one. The material felt cheap.

I agree someone will grab it because they are so rare these days. Seems like all of Nikes putter covers are poor quality for whatever reason. Many of us in this thread have bitched for a high quality, solid color with a simple swoosh, that's magnetic and has some quality to it.

I don't understand the lack of quality and failure to make a plain and simple one. Hopefully they put one out for the US open that is cool. Now that they are producing good quality putters, time for some covers to follow. If they make a Nike ID system for putter covers, they would prolly make a small fortune.

....like they aren't already making a massive fortune....

....like they aren't already making a massive fortune....

Of course they are. But we are talking corporate America. When is enough, enough to a business. Never!!! Is the correct answer. And while Nike as a whole is an obvious money maker, Nike golf by itself isn't setting the world on fire financially.

Nike
Nike
&
More Nike

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Nike-Clapping-Hands-Putter-Cover-praying-hands-Black-Volt-tour-oven-/262461168006?nav=SEARCH

400 is ape for that, 200-220 max

Taylormade Sim 2 Graphite design AD GP 6
Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7
Titleist 716 CB 3-9 Dynamic gold Tour issue S400
Titleist SM7 Vokey 46.50.54.60 DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron T22 fastback Murdered out

IG _Flagrant

The retail covers are ok at best they do wear a lil fast, the tour covers are plush and soft as anything, I don't have info on they were yet, but it's been in the bag for 2-3 weeks, I'll follow up.

Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7

IG _Flagrant

Based on the green from the couple of shirts and hat for the US open collection that have gone up, maybe the headcover will be similar to something like this? Since the swoosh is that same green?

I guess it's possible but I personally don't think so. This type of headcover has been around for a while, for example Finau has been rocking the same design on his for quite some time. It also doesn't fit the motif of the balls which features "elements" similar to the BO one last year, but this year with SAND, AIR, etc. No clue on the coloring but my guess is that it will be debossed or stitched with each of these symbols, I think it'd look pretty nice. The green appears to be volt which is everywhere.

Based on the green from the couple of shirts and hat for the US open collection that have gone up, maybe the headcover will be similar to something like this? Since the swoosh is that same green?

I guess it's possible but I personally don't think so. This type of headcover has been around for a while, for example Finau has been rocking the same design on his for quite some time. It also doesn't fit the motif of the balls which features "elements" similar to the BO one last year, but this year with SAND, AIR, etc. No clue on the coloring but my guess is that it will be debossed or stitched with each of these symbols, I think it'd look pretty nice. The green appears to be volt which is everywhere.

The collection picture loaded on NDC shows no headcover...

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1310218-joes-self-sponsored-nike-bag-2016/#entry13270786"]WITB:[/url]
[size=2][color=#0000ff]Vapor Fly[/color] Driver[/size]
[size=2][color=#ff0000]VR Pro 3[/color] Fairway[/size]
[size=2][color=#ff0000]VR Pro 5 [/color][/size][size=2]Fairway[/size]
[size=2][color=#0000ff]Vapor Fly 7 [/color][/size][size=2]Fairway[/size]
[size=2][color=#0000cd]Vapor Fly 4 [/color]Hybrid[/size]
[size=2][color=#ff0000]VRs [/color]5-9 Irons[/size]
[size=2]Engage 54, 60 Square[/size]
[color=#0000cd][size=2]Method Origin RORS B2-01[/size][/color]
[size=2][color=#0000ff]RZN[/color] White[/size]

Well that's a bummer..

Yeah, that wasn't up last time I visited NDC. Too bad.

it has to be under one of the hats...has to!

Nike Vapor Flex 440 w Fuji Tour spec 63
Nike Vapor Fly 3w
Nike Vapor Flex 3h
Nike Vapor Pro combo 4-PW w PX LZ 5.5
Nike Engage 52 square and 58DS
Nike Method Origin B2-05
RZN Dot Platinum
[color=#0000ff]IG Gchrist_01[/color]

Yeah, that wasn't up last time I visited NDC. Too bad.

Same here. Checked most of the morning and didn't see that.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

Is it me or are the custom RZN tour black a little softer than the retail version? Anyone else experience that?

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3]TM M6 9 deg.w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX[/size]
[size=3]TM SIM Ti 15deg w/ Tensei Pro White 80TX[/size]
[size=3]​TM P790 3i w/ Tensei Pro White 90TX[/size]
[size=3]TM P790 4i w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]Srixon 765 5-PW w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Milled Grind 50deg, 54deg, and 58deg High Toe w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Spider X Copper[/size][/font]

Is it me or are the custom RZN tour black a little softer than the retail version? Anyone else experience that?

I think it's just you. Unless you have the dot version

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

It was my first round with the custom blacks and I seem to have a lot more check on them. Than I did with the retail RZN black that I use. Distance was equal just more check and backspin. Idk not complaining it just seemed different to me.

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3]TM M6 9 deg.w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX[/size]

It was my first round with the custom blacks and I seem to have a lot more check on them. Than I did with the retail RZN black that I use. Distance was equal just more check and backspin. Idk not complaining it just seemed different to me.

I'll have to do a side by side with them next time. I was playing well so I didn't want to switch out

I know the teal ones were posted, I think. Golfsmith has a new colorway for the chukkas.

Where were the Teal ones posted?

Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7

IG _Flagrant

I know the teal ones were posted, I think. Golfsmith has a new colorway for the chukkas.

Where were the Teal ones posted?

http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30162931/nike-men-s-flyknit-chukka-spikeless-golf-shoes-teal-midnight-turquoise-hyper-jade-volt

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1310218-joes-self-sponsored-nike-bag-2016/#entry13270786"]WITB:[/url]
[size=2][color=#0000ff]Vapor Fly[/color] Driver[/size]
[size=2][color=#ff0000]VR Pro 3[/color] Fairway[/size]
[size=2][color=#ff0000]VR Pro 5 [/color][/size][size=2]Fairway[/size]
[size=2][color=#0000ff]Vapor Fly 7 [/color][/size][size=2]Fairway[/size]
[size=2][color=#0000cd]Vapor Fly 4 [/color]Hybrid[/size]
[size=2][color=#ff0000]VRs [/color]5-9 Irons[/size]
[size=2]Engage 54, 60 Square[/size]
[color=#0000cd][size=2]Method Origin RORS B2-01[/size][/color]
[size=2][color=#0000ff]RZN[/color] White[/size]