2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Denver area - Golf Trips...Who goes and where??

CDM

So I know there is a thread started by TheKrushh to try and get together to play and meet up with some fellow WRX's. (see below...) Which we still have not gotten to happen lol

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1143823-south-denver-golf/

Reading the recent Course/Travel threads on golf trips it got me wondering how many Rocky region people take trips and where.

My wife likes to say I "wondering soul" when it comes to golf. Sure we have fairly decent golf golf in Colorado, maybe not the best prices for what we play, but overall pretty tough to beat Colorado in the summer.

Seems like I average 2 trips a year. One true golf trip, the other a combo, ie: hang with the family and play in the mornings for few rounds, not like 36 a day. The true golf trip is typically only a couple of us since most my friends are not that great of players and not interested in true golf destination's. Lets just say they like "other" aspects on trips...

Lately been looking at a Bandon or Cabot Links pretty hard. Given the exchange rate Cabot Links is really pulling me in. 25% bump for US dollar right now is making it tough to not go honestly.

Wondering how many have that same "wondering soul" and get away from the great Rockies region?

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Bandon on Labor Day weekend 2014. Phenomenal! That's peak season $525 a day for 36 holes and hotel room might sound pricey to some but compare to Pebble, Pinehurst etc.. And it is cheap! Afternoon winds are wild. It's like being in Scotland or Ireland! Food there and customer service is beyond expectations. You would love it! The hidden gem of Bandon is Feb and Mar apparently! Half the cost and similar weather wth in fact less wind typically.

Cabot looks awesome! I haven't looked into how many connecting flights are needed to get there!

I love the Nebraska trips to prairie club and wildhorse. Easy, cheap, and driveable. I can give more details if you're interested, I've gone 10-12 times over the last 5 years.

Brandon is on the schedule the last week of April so I can update on that as well.

Arizona is an easy flight but prices depend on what you're looking for.

I'm actually interested in st. George Utah as a destination at some point as well.

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

I do a yearly trip to Scottsdale and San Diego. The San Diego trip is due to family. Scottsdale because its awesome.

I've been other places for golf travel such as Myrtle, Punta Mita, Santa Fe.

For me Scottsdale cant be beat when traveling from Denver. Southwest flight is cheap and clubs are free. Flight is 1.75 hours. Rentals via VRBO and rental cars fair. The golf can be as expensive or cheap as you want.

• 2 months later...

I love the Nebraska trips to prairie club and wildhorse. Easy, cheap, and driveable. I can give more details if you're interested, I've gone 10-12 times over the last 5 years.

Brandon is on the schedule the last week of April so I can update on that as well.

I'm actually interested in st. George Utah as a destination at some point as well.

How have conditions been at Prairie Club? Have you stayed and played? I was looking up some information on their site but having trouble finding rates and the like.

My parents head to St George a few times a year. Really enjoy the golf and food options.

drn92

• 2 weeks later...

How have conditions been at Prairie Club? Have you stayed and played? I was looking up some information on their site but having trouble finding rates and the like.

The stay and play is the only way to do it. Golf is unlimited with your stay. I can't imagine packing up and leaving the facility at the end of each day. Course conditions have been good both times I've been there but weather has been oddly bad each time. I love it out there and I would say that playing the Dunes course will give you the same feels as Sandhills. The food and booze is not super cheap out there so if you go, I would recommend just going all in. If you want a cheaper option, go to gothenburg and go to Wildhorse. We stay three night in private rooms, golf 5 rounds, eat and drink and it ends up being about 600 bucks. Prairie club for the same amount of time and golf is closer to 1700-2500.

Got back from Bandon a couple weeks ago and it was legendary. We had amazing weather and pumped out 7 rounds in four days which was also awesome. Caddies are a game changer.

Was in Arizona last weekend and going again next weekend. Played Arizona Country Club and Desert Mountain Cochise where they've been playing the Schwab cup events. Next weekend I'm doing a charity event on saturday and don't know where the scramble will be. Playing Vista Verde Sunday and then both courses at We-Ko-Pa Monday.

Lots of golf for me lately, hope you all are getting to play a bunch as well! Cheers!

Bandon is at the top of the to-do list.

Heading out next Thursday for a buddies trip. We fly into Orlando, play 36 holes/day for 5 days, drive up to Hilton Head play 36 there. Then head over to Myrtle where we hook up with the big group (anywhere from 24-32 guys) for 4 days (36 first 3 days, 18 last day) then drive back to Orlando. Yes, it's a LOT of golf.... and yes, it's a blast.

Just got back from Scottsdale (we drove) where my wife and I played a couple of ClubCorp courses. We there for 4 days, played 2 days.

Heading to Kauai in Oct for 2 weeks - will probably play some there but mainly relax/hike/pool with my wife and son.

Wow, once I put it down on paper that seems like a lot.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

Bandon is still on my list. Working on it. Just got back from Michigan... great tracks.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1334916-tullymore-arcadia-bluffs-forest-dunes-kingsleyphotos-attached/

Just got an email yesterday for SAND VALLEY (same owner as Bandon/Cabot) about playing for a really low price to test.... thinking Wisconsin is now happening this summer LOL

Being trolling Rockies threads ahead of golf trip next weekend and clicked on this one, and now I have a couple questions unrelated to the Rockies :-)

@The Krushh - Is that the Dove Mountain driving range? Sure looks like it.

@ Chile - Did you get that through the Sand Valley Newsletter sign up? Thanks!

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Being trolling Rockies threads ahead of golf trip next weekend and clicked on this one, and now I have a couple questions unrelated to the Rockies :-)

Duffer, I did. the way I read the email at first I thought it might only be limited holes but I guess it turns out it will be all 18 of the first course and potential to play other holes under construction by KIDD??? Not sure honestly but the price is shockingly low....

I know someone who has been out there and seen the place, did not play, but they told me to sign up ASAP when they got back so I signed up like year ago, or seems like that long ago. Kinda forgot about the place ...lol. I heard from a few there are limited rooms right now so might have to stay off site when you plan on booking??? Trying to talk a friend or two into going. Kisner though has always tried to make his resorts help the community so people staying off site is probably not a big deal right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it is! Good spot!

• 2 weeks later...

man I would love to play with all you guys. played with one of us on Sat in our club tourney at wellshire. Jeff, you around??? Only thing is, I would need like 18 strokes these days bc I am just a bad golfer, but hey, we have fun!

TM M4 10.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei White 70X
Callaway Rogue 4 wood Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4