In New York for 9/11

KjBowen

Visiting NY to see the 9/11 tribute and spend a weekend with the misses.

And then there was this

Driver - TaylorMade M2 2017 - 9.5°
Fairway - TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood - 14.5°
Hybrid - TaylorMade RBZ 5 wood - 19°
Irons - PING i15 - 4 - PW / UW
Wedges - Taylormade MG2 54° / Hi Toe 58°
Putter - Cameron Newport 2 custom

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pics
[attachment=2950784:IMG_20150911_211439697.jpg]
[attachment=2950786:IMG_20150911_211501671.jpg]

Playing the baby card.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

The bad news is, he's a snowbird. He'll be playing in Florida from October through April.

Driver: TaylorMade M1 9.5* Fujikura Pro60 S
4W: Cobra BioCell+ 16* Project X 6.0
Hybrids: Cobra T-Rail Baffler 19*, 22* Tour AD S
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 5i-PW, Shafts: XP105 R300
Wedges: Titleist SM5 50*,56*, 60*
Putter: Oddessey Tank Versa #7

For the money he is pulling in you would think he could afford better diapers.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

How about some discussion about 9/11, the falling water monument, the new World Trade Tower, the victims, how the world has changed, how insidious the enemy is, how hard they are to attack, how the rescuers and victims suffered and continue to suffer, how the threat is continuing to change to self-started rogue jihadists that may live near you and attack your neighborhood, to the possibility that radical Islamists are gathering momentum to actually establishing an autonomous state, to the growing threat that the enemy still has good odds of obtaining a nuclear weapon?

Or, we could guffaw and twitter about an idiot in a diaper.

We deserve to be destroyed.

[quote name='thug the bunny' timestamp='1442111377' post='12306110']
How about some discussion about 9/11, the falling water monument, the new World Trade Tower, the victims, how the world has changed, how insidious the enemy is, how hard they are to attack, how the rescuers and victims suffered and continue to suffer, how the threat is continuing to change to self-started rogue jihadists that may live near you and attack your neighborhood, to the possibility that radical Islamists are gathering momentum to actually establishing an autonomous state, to the growing threat that the enemy still has good odds of obtaining a nuclear weapon?

[/quote]

I really hope this is a joke. I am in NY with 100s of 1000s of people to honor this and showing a video of something comical means we should be destroyed.

Your a scary pwrson

[/quote]

There is a time and a place. This ain't it.

343 of my brothers in the Fire Service made the ultimate sacrifice that day. This time of year people come up and pat us on the back, offer to buy meals, and all sorts of other accolades. None of which I (or my brothers and sisters on the job) really want.

As a Career Firefighter, I honor their memories by enjoying life and realizing that it's OK to laugh - actually it's better than alright, it is very medicinal. And when I come here, I come to escape "real life".

So, as I said, there is a time and a place. And we can honor the fallen in many ways.

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

[quote name='Medic' timestamp='1442185001' post='12308774']

[/quote]

343 of my brothers in the Fire Service made the ultimate sacrifice that day. This time of year people come up and pat us on the back, offer to buy meals, and all sorts of other accolades. None of which I (or my brothers and sisters on the job) really want.

As a Career Firefighter, I honor their memories by enjoying life and realizing that it's OK to laugh - actually it's better than alright, it is very medicinal. And when I come here, I come to escape "real life".

So, as I said, there is a time and a place. And we can honor the fallen in many ways.
[/quote]

Medic.

The 9/11 memorial is very beautiful. Have you been? It was so amazing to see all of the events going on Friday 9/11 to honor the fallen. I am so glad I was able to make it to NY this weekend. If you haven't been there you should go. I think every American should go.. So much for everyone to see.

[quote name='KjBowen' timestamp='1442187121' post='12308898']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Medic.

The 9/11 memorial is very beautiful. Have you been? It was so amazing to see all of the events going on Friday 9/11 to honor the fallen. I am so glad I was able to make it to NY this weekend. If you haven't been there you should go. I think every American should go.. So much for everyone to see.
[/quote]

I was at Ground Zero in February, 2002. I visited the home of Truck 10 - closest to the site. I met with the crew and saw their own small memorial to their fallen. We shared some laughs and also some tears.

I wanted to get a photo with them. They were hesitant because they were using a really old piece of equipment as their prime unit had been destroyed in the collapse. When I pointed out "It isn't the equipment that puts them out fellas" everyone laughed and we took some photos.

It was an amazing visit. I plan on going back now that the memorial has been completed.

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

[quote name='KjBowen' timestamp='1442155535' post='12307368']

[/quote]

I really hope this is a joke. I am in NY with 100s of 1000s of people to honor this and showing a video of something comical means we should be destroyed.

Your a scary pwrson
[/quote]

Scary indeed. I appears that we need to be more scared.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Medic.

[/quote]

That's more like it KJ.

Medic, I have always respected your input, so I won't rant, but personally, I don't come to WRX to [i]escape [/i]real life; communicating with others, whether it be directly or through media, IS life.

[quote name='thug the bunny' timestamp='1442197803' post='12309640']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Medic.

[/quote]

That's more like it KJ.

Medic, I have always respected your input, so I won't rant, but personally, I don't come to WRX to [i]escape [/i]real life; communicating with others, whether it be directly or through media, IS life.
[/quote]

Agreed. And the respect is mutual. I just deal with enough of real life that whenever possible it's nice to get away from it.

It's one of the things I LOVE about golf. For those 4 hours or so my mind is focused on nothing but the game. I have had to admit that there is probably a measure of PTSD from the years of seeing some pretty awful stuff. For me, whether it is a golf forum where spirited conversations related to the game take place or the game itself, all of it represents a bit of an escape for me.

Our nation is ripe for some serious changes. But I see no harm in taking a moment to laugh at the absolutely pathetic behavior of some among us.

I agree that communication is life Thug. But my point is that life does not always have to be serious. Not that I advocate Nero playing the fiddle while Rome is burning. It's just a simple matter of "all work and no play".....

Final thought on threads such as this. If any thread here does end up causing me to feel ill at ease I just avoid it. Thankfully there aren't that many of them. But just a bit ago I read one, said to myself "Are you kidding me?", and I moved on. Simply not worth replying to.

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

• 1 month later...