2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Brittany Lincicome's 'Wie Attack'

I know others have said this, but - it's all about the money. Like it or not, Wie is a phenom and people want to see her. Hell, I like to watch her hit the ball - what a great swing. Maybe Lincicome can hit it long, but her swing is not nearly as sweet as Wie's. Karrie Webb is a veteran and she said it best when she said she welcome's Wie's presence at any tournament. More Wie means more money for everyone. The same goes for the men's tour. The sponsor puts on the tournament so they get to pick. You think they want Joe or Jane Blow who nobody cares about besides his or her parents and friends or do they want 20,000 people who buy tickets to watch a girl hit it a ton with a great swing.

At some point she's going to get serious enough about the game to devote all her time to it. I don't think she's going to have a problem winning if she can put up with all the whiners now and keep right on trucking. That takes a lot of courage. In the meantime she's having a great time playing, learning from the best instructors, and spending her money. Perfect. Don't we all wish we could do the same?

People say you have to learn to win. Yeah maybe. You also have to learn how to lose and keep on going. You have to admit she's almost got that perfected and under a very intense public eye. :=)

Thank You Very Much....... :tongue: :rofl:

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One last thing to clarify...Sponsors exemptions are already factored into the amount of players for the week, so she is not technically taking a spot away from anyone, she is just taking one of the spots reserved for the sponsors of the tournament, who then select whomever they want. If they choose to offer her an invite into the field.....Is that her fault????

DG

Driver: TM M4 Tour Issue
3W: Rogue
Hybrid: TEE
Irons: Callaway Apex Pro
54, 58 TM MG tour issue raw
Putter: PXG Gunboat H

Who sells more tickets? Britney or Michelle. Also Sony and Nike seem to think she has potential, which I agree must show up soon or there may be no repeat signing. Don't think Sony or Nike would ever consider signing Britney no matter how many wins. Probably why she should be happy with Adams. Also what has Britney got 2 wins? Hardly makes her Annika or even Lorena. Might have been more impactful coming from Juli Inkster or other veterans.

Who sells more tickets? Britney or Michelle. Also Sony and Nike seem to think she has potential, which I agree must show up soon or there may be no repeat signing. Don't think Sony or Nike would ever consider signing Britney no matter how many wins. Probably why she should be happy with Adams. Also what has Britney got 2 wins? Hardly makes her Annika or even Lorena. Might have been more impactful coming from Juli Inkster or other veterans.

Are you kidding?

I am quite certain no one here claimed that BL was Annika or Lorena.

And that's two more Professional wins than Wie has.

She should be happy with Adams? I am sure she is. When you're in the Sony/Nike contract negotiations....let us know.

Here's some BL snippits:

Defeated Michele Redman, Brandie Burton, Kyeong Bae, Michele Wiecough cough, Lorena Ochoa, and Juli Inkster, to win the 2006 HSBC Women’s World Match Play Championship and her first career victory.

Qualified for 2006 ADT Playoffs with her victory at the HSBC Women’s World Match Play Championship.

Qualified for 2007 ADT Playoffs with her victory at the Ginn Open.

Ranks 6th in driving distance in 2007 with 270.0 yards per drive and 9th in Greens in Regulation, hitting 355 of 504: 0.704 of greens

As of 5/21/2007 ranked 3rd on the ADT LPGA Money List $591,852.00

Had 5 Top Ten finishes in 2006, including 3rd at the LPGA Takefuji Classic & 7th at the US Women’s Open.

Earned exempt status for the 2005 LPGA season by tying for 20th place at Final Qualifying School.

LPGA Tour 2005 leader in driving distance with a 270.3 yard average.

Brittany has kept her exempt status Since 2005.

Carreer Earnings on Tour $1,571,952- ranked 95th.

Some amateur junk:

Won first amateur tournament at age nine (she started playing golf at 9).

Awarded St Petersburg Times "Pinellas County Golfer of the Year" 3 years straight.

Has participated in more than 100 amateur tournaments and had a winning percentage of over 60%.

Won the AJGA Chateu Elan twice in 2001 and 2003.

Won 2003 Avilla Junior Classic.

Competed in the 2004 US Womens Open, with a first round of 66.

is it me or does that girl suck? how one earth did she make it to the LPGA...let alone win a few times? she had to qualify at Q-School. What a loser.

:rolley eyes.

She's born here in America. Her parents came from Korea.

Which means she is an American. But that isn't what we are discussing here regardless. No reason to get into a discussion on what makes someone simply an American or a Korean-American. Let just say I don't call myself a Greek-American. :tongue:

It goes like this: She is from the US. Her ETHNICITY is Korean.

This subject comes down to this. 'Don't hate the player. hate the game'. If the rules allow for exemptions than Lincicome's beef should be directed @ the tour, not Wie. Wie is following the same rules that could apply to any player.

This whole thing is sort of funny actually.

Lets see, Wie is like Tiger? Ummmm, she has won 1 major event and he has 13 majors plus a far more legendary Am. career. She just happens to hit the ball a mile, but there have been players of both sexes that have been out front in that deal, but it does not equal wins.

As for Britney speaking her mind, I applaud the fact she has the guns to say it. She is saying what most all the others in golf are thinking.

It is almost like asking who you want on your team the flashy player who never can finish the deal, or the player who never looks the part but piles up wins year in and year out.

The is no question Wie has the talent to win, but it takes more than talent. And until she does win, I would prefer she earned her way into events. Enough of the freak show its time for her to put up or qualify in my opinion.

All that in mind, nothing makes people forget like winning.

Are you kidding?

I am quite certain no one here claimed that BL was Annika or Lorena.

And that's two more Professional wins than Wie has.

She should be happy with Adams? I am sure she is. When you're in the Sony/Nike contract negotiations....let us know.

Here's some BL snippits:

Defeated Michele Redman, Brandie Burton, Kyeong Bae, Michele Wiecough cough, Lorena Ochoa, and Juli Inkster, to win the 2006 HSBC Women’s World Match Play Championship and her first career victory.

Qualified for 2006 ADT Playoffs with her victory at the HSBC Women’s World Match Play Championship.

Qualified for 2007 ADT Playoffs with her victory at the Ginn Open.

Ranks 6th in driving distance in 2007 with 270.0 yards per drive and 9th in Greens in Regulation, hitting 355 of 504: 0.704 of greens

As of 5/21/2007 ranked 3rd on the ADT LPGA Money List $591,852.00

Had 5 Top Ten finishes in 2006, including 3rd at the LPGA Takefuji Classic & 7th at the US Women’s Open.

Earned exempt status for the 2005 LPGA season by tying for 20th place at Final Qualifying School.

LPGA Tour 2005 leader in driving distance with a 270.3 yard average.

Brittany has kept her exempt status Since 2005.

Carreer Earnings on Tour $1,571,952- ranked 95th.

Some amateur junk:

Won first amateur tournament at age nine (she started playing golf at 9).

Awarded St Petersburg Times "Pinellas County Golfer of the Year" 3 years straight.

Has participated in more than 100 amateur tournaments and had a winning percentage of over 60%.

Won the AJGA Chateu Elan twice in 2001 and 2003.

Won 2003 Avilla Junior Classic.

Competed in the 2004 US Womens Open, with a first round of 66.

is it me or does that girl suck? how one earth did she make it to the LPGA...let alone win a few times? she had to qualify at Q-School. What a loser.

:rolley eyes.

Well put ... the only thing you forgot to point out was how Brittany routinely outdrove Wie in route to kicking her butt at the 06 HSBC Match Play. She's earned the right to say whatever she wants, especially about Wie

2005 Womens Open...June 2005

Wie T23 at +12

Creamer 3rd at -5

Gulbis T4

Pressell- T2

Lincicome- T31

2005 Evian Masters July 23, 2005

Wie- T2 at -7

Creamer- 1st

Gulbis-T32 at +4

Pressell

Miyazato-T57 at +9

Lincicome- Not Entered

Sorenstam-12th at -3

Weetabix Womens British Open July 31, 2005

Wie- T3 at -10

Creamer- 15th at -6

Gulbis- T8 at -8

Pressell- Not Entered

Lincicome-MC at +18

Sorenstam-T5 at -9

Samsung World Championship Oct. 16, 2005

Wie- Disqaulified......but was in 2nd place until Mr. Sports Illustrated

Creamer- 2nd at -10

Pressell- Not Entered

Gulbis -T4 at -7

Sorenstam 1st at -18

Lincicome- Not Entered

Fields Open..........Feb. 25, 2006

Wie- 3rd at -13

Creamer T11 at -8

Pressell T11 at -8...........Great start for both Wie and Pressell. Wie advances to #2 in Rolex Rankings.

Gulbis-T4 at -11

Miyazato-T24 at -6

Lincicome-T24 at -6

Sorenstam- Not Entered

Kraft Nabisco..MAJOR....March 30, 2006

Wie- T3 at -8

Creamer 24th at +5

Pressell T13 at +1

Gulbis-T3rd at -8

Miyazato-T29 at +6

Lincicome-Not Entered

SorenstamT6 at -2

Mcdonalds LPGA Championship...MAJOR.....June 12, 2006

Wie- T5 at -6

Creamer T49 at +4

Pressell T69 at +9

Gulbis T20 at -2

Miyazato T3 at -7

Lincicome-T49 at +4

Sorenstam-T9 at -5

US Womens Open....MAJOR.....July 2, 2006

Wie- T3 at +2

Creamer- T16 at +10

Pressell T28 at +14

Miyazato T28 at +14

Lincicome- 7th at +7

Sorenstam-1st at E

US Womens World Match Play....July 9, 2006

Wie- T5

Creamer-4th

Pressell T9

Miyazato T33

Lincicome-1st

Sorenstam-T5

2006 Evian Masters...July 29, 2006

Wie T2 at -15

Creamer- 7th at -11

Pressell T25 at -1

Miyazato-T31 at +1

Lincicome-T68 at +13

Sorenstam- T8 at -9

2006 Weetabix Women's British Open....August 6, 2006

Wie-T26 at +6

Creamer T22 at +4

Pressell T56 at +12

Miyazato 9th at Even Par

Lincicome T56 at +12

Sorenstam T31 at +7

2006 Samsung World Championship......October 12, 2006

Wie-17th at +5

Creamer 5th at -7

Pressell...not entered

Miyazato...not entered

Lincicome 13th at +1

Sorenstam 2nd at -14

2006 LPGA Earnings....in only 8 tournaments......$718,343....not bad for a part time player.

Lincicome....23 events...$853,013 and 1 Win...yes..one more then Wie.

"Yo Rory"

"Yes Brittany"

"Got any tips on what to say to the press?"

Wie.........missing cuts makes her a novelty act on the PGA Tour. It's getting old. Plain and simple.........Wie needs to play and win on the LPGA. Wie needs to beat Sorenstam, Ochoa, Kerr, Gulbis, Creamer, Lincicome and Pressel on a regular basis. Then the talk will stop. The scores and wins speak for themselves.

TaylorMade Qi10 Driver, 10.5*, GD Tour AD IZ-5S

Ping G430 Max 10K, 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus Velocore TR Red 5R

TaylorMade Qi10 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Fujikura Ventus TR Blue FW 65 R

TaylorMade 2023 P790 Irons, 4-PW, TT DG 105 R300
Titleist SM9 Wedges, 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 60.10 S, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

Does Michelle Wie play golf to win? Answer me that.

Seems to me she's really interested in making a name for herself and cashing some big checks. If that's all she wants to do....then she's accomplished. Very accomplished.

She's got amazing talent...no doubt. But if money isn't her motivation (and really....I think she has enough...don't you?).......what is her motivation?

You compared her to Tiger. He says time and time again...he's out there to win...if he doesn't think he can...he doesn't show up. She's said she's out there to learn. What exactly is the PGA teaching her?

... one of the silliest posts i have read in a long time.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

My My!! All this hate for such a beautiful young lady, and a heck of a golfer to boot. I personally can't wait for the Deere Classic to get here just to watch her play again.

And this is a large part of her popularity. Looks. If she had looked like, say, Christina Kim would she have landed the big contracts, gotten all those exemptions, all the media attention, etc...? No.

There are a lot of middle aged and older guys who quite frankly have a huge crush on this girl. And she is still a girl at 17. And they did when she was younger as well. This is a major part of her popularity. You guys can deny it all you want, but it is 100% true. It is really, really sad.

I think this is what a lot of people, LPGA players included, are upset about. It is all marketing and very little substance. We have heard about her great potential for three years now. How she would dominate the game, take on the men, etc...This obviously has not happened, and in fact her play is getting worse. And yet the free ride continues.

Good for Brittany Lincicome. She had the courage to speak her mind despite the obvious controversy it would create.

I think its very selfish for Brittany to say such a thing; where does she think her paychecks come from? Not wise to bite the hand that feeds you.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

I think its very selfish for Brittany to say such a thing; where does she think her paychecks come from? Not wise to bite the hand that feeds you.

This post makes no sense at all to me.....Granted, someday Michelle's presence might actually translate to more $$ on the women's tour but I see no effect yet......She needs to actually compete on the LPGA tour much more than she does now to have the "Tiger-like" effect on purses....

Cobra King f9/Fujikura Atmos Red TS 60S
TEE 15* XCG/DVS 70S
Adams Idea Pro 20*/Aldila Blue Bayou 80S
Srixon 565 4-PW / Nippon tour modus 105S
TM TP 52*
TM TP ATV 56*
TM TP ATV 60*
Giannini Legacy 3

The problem IMHO is that there is any sponsor exemption available to a limited field event for which the stated qualification is that the player has won! I'm sick of hearing about her potential. Rather than compare Michelle with Tiger, now she is more akin to Kelly Kuehne -- who hasn't done much either; although, she was given a huge contract at the same time that Woods was signed. Let's see -- Kelly has lost her card. Wie hasn't applied for LPGA membership and has absolutely no status with the Tour. Every time she tees it up on the LPGA Tour it's with a sponsors' exemption. Brittany has a legitimate gripe, which is completely overridden by the Tour giving Samsung an exemption for the Tour's championship. Can you imagine the noise if John Daly were given an exemption to the Mercedes Championship? It's just plain stupid -- and denigrates the accomplishment of those who qualified legitimately.

This has got to be one of the most contentious issues in the history of pro golf. Those in support of Wie cite her potential as justification for all her fame and accolades; they've been sold on the idea that she is the future of women's golf and maybe golf in general.

I tend to oppose all the hoopla, because I tend to subscribe to the belief that there should be integrity in sports, that rewards should be based on merit. God knows there is enough corruption and unfairness in the regular world. Endorsement money is one thing; it's perfectly logical to pay an athlete who'll generate revenue, regardless of winning record. But when favoritism starts to creep into the world of competition, it's a little upsetting.

What really annoys me about Michelle Wie is her attitude. I have yet to hear her speak graciously about all these exemptions she receives. Instead she consistently sports a defiant and petulant attitude which I believe will ultimately keep her from the future greatness everyone's already credited her with.

Great post!!! :pimp: :) :tongue: :rofl:

:tongue:

Best darn post in the whole thread that should have been dead over ten post before this. :pimp:

Seems to me she's really interested in making a name for herself and cashing some big checks. If that's all she wants to do....then she's accomplished. Very accomplished.

She's got amazing talent...no doubt. But if money isn't her motivation (and really....I think she has enough...don't you?).......what is her motivation?

You compared her to Tiger. He says time and time again...he's out there to win...if he doesn't think he can...he doesn't show up. She's said she's out there to learn. What exactly is the PGA teaching her?

Do you seriously think she tee's it up to come in second? Do you tee it up to shoot 90 or under par?? :rofl: When she says she's out there to learn...she's learning playing with the best and she undoubtedly is trying to shoot her best as well. If she only wanted to play with them, she can have a practice round with Tiger any day of the week she wants.

This has got to be one of the most contentious issues in the history of pro golf. Those in support of Wie cite her potential as justification for all her fame and accolades; they've been sold on the idea that she is the future of women's golf and maybe golf in general.

I tend to oppose all the hoopla, because I tend to subscribe to the belief that there should be integrity in sports, that rewards should be based on merit. God knows there is enough corruption and unfairness in the regular world. Endorsement money is one thing; it's perfectly logical to pay an athlete who'll generate revenue, regardless of winning record. But when favoritism starts to creep into the world of competition, it's a little upsetting.

What really annoys me about Michelle Wie is her attitude. I have yet to hear her speak graciously about all these exemptions she receives. Instead she consistently sports a defiant and petulant attitude which I believe will ultimately keep her from the future greatness everyone's already credited her with.

Her attitude?? Have you met her? Or do you judge it just from what you see on tv? Integrity?? What has she done to ruin the integrity of the game? You yourself say "it's perfectly logical to pay an athlete who'll generate revenue". Don't you think giving an exemption that will bring in thousands of people who would NEVER go to an LPGA event a smart thing to do? It's logical.

Puhhhlleeeeze ...when she plays seriously on the tour every week and doesn't win a thing like Gulbis..then, let's call her petulant.

The problem IMHO is that there is any sponsor exemption available to a limited field event for which the stated qualification is that the player has won! I'm sick of hearing about her potential. Rather than compare Michelle with Tiger, now she is more akin to Kelly Kuehne -- who hasn't done much either; although, she was given a huge contract at the same time that Woods was signed. Let's see -- Kelly has lost her card. Wie hasn't applied for LPGA membership and has absolutely no status with the Tour. Every time she tees it up on the LPGA Tour it's with a sponsors' exemption. Brittany has a legitimate gripe, which is completely overridden by the Tour giving Samsung an exemption for the Tour's championship. Can you imagine the noise if John Daly were given an exemption to the Mercedes Championship? It's just plain stupid -- and denigrates the accomplishment of those who qualified legitimately.

Sponsors Exemption...it's still their choice to pick whoever they want to play. Name me one other LPGA player that will generate the income and galleries Wie does. Even Annika doesn't come close. Don't get sick of hearing of potential. Her potential was shown big time in her 2006 stats. Her money total as a part time player is incredible.

When was the last 17 year old...still in high school girl ever given membship to the LPGA? Even better..when was the last time the LPGA gave membership to a girl who was going to college and had no plans to play full time? Even if she wanted in..there would be no way for her to fulfill the LPGA's requirements of a full time player and still attend Stanford full time.

Someone kill this thread quick....or that horse will be under the dirt before we're all through beating it! :)

:tongue:

Best darn post in the whole thread that should have been dead over ten post before this. :pimp:

Do you seriously think she tee's it up to come in second? Do you tee it up to shoot 90 or under par?? :rofl: When she says she's out there to learn...she's learning playing with the best and she undoubtedly is trying to shoot her best as well. If she only wanted to play with them, she can have a practice round with Tiger any day of the week she wants.

I don't know why she tee's it up. But in her pre and post interviews for her illustrious PGA Tour appearances, she knows she can't win....but she says she's there "to learn". WTF??? The PGA Tour is not a developmental tour! And it's not for women. Talk about biting the hand that feeds. She gets all these exemptions and then doesn't utter one word of thanks. It's like she thinks she's earned it or deserves it. Her 2006 stats on in the LPGA events are quit amazing for a part-timer. Why wouldn't she want to build on that? IMO she wants to be the best....but is going about it all the wrong way's. You don't get to the top by starting out at the top. It takes hard work. The PGA Tour is a waste of her time. It made her game worse. Too much pressure. It's almost like she bought into the media hype surrounding her and she can't find herself or her game. She was a better player at 14 then she is now. Her 2007 record will be very interesting. Going to Stanford is an amazing accomplishment....so is winning on the LPGA Tour. I hope she can do both.

Tee it up with Tiger any day of the week? And you know this how? I would be willing do bet my kid's dough-nuts that aside from maybe some Nike appearances....Wood's steers way clear of Wie and her circus side-show. He deserves the status he has.....Wie...not so much.

Her attitude?? Have you met her? Or do you judge it just from what you see on tv? Integrity?? What has she done to ruin the integrity of the game? You yourself say "it's perfectly logical to pay an athlete who'll generate revenue". Don't you think giving an exemption that will bring in thousands of people who would NEVER go to an LPGA event a smart thing to do? It's logical.

I'd love to see the attendance numbers at an LPGA event that Wie attends versus the same event without Wie. I think we'd all be amazed that there isn't a huge difference. And if she doesn't bring her game in 2007, the Wie factor regarding ticket sales will become a non-issue.

Puhhhlleeeeze ...when she plays seriously on the tour every week and doesn't win a thing like Gulbis..then, let's call her petulant.

Sponsors Exemption...it's still their choice to pick whoever they want to play. Name me one other LPGA player that will generate the income and galleries Wie does. Even Annika doesn't come close. Don't get sick of hearing of potential. Her potential was shown big time in her 2006 stats. Her money total as a part time player is incredible.

When was the last 17 year old...still in high school girl ever given membship to the LPGA? Even better..when was the last time the LPGA gave membership to a girl who was going to college and had no plans to play full time? Even if she wanted in..there would be no way for her to fulfill the LPGA's requirements of a full time player and still attend Stanford full time.

Someone kill this thread quick....or that horse will be under the dirt before we're all through beating it! :)

If she can't fulfill the LPGA's membership requirements.....that's her choice....isn't it? Sponsor's will do whatever they want. But I will say this....if her game sinks to new lows this year.....those sponsor's will rethink the whole thing. The guys on Tour have their beef....the girls on Tour have their beef.....some fans and media have expressed concerns......she needs to bring it....NOW.

Let's be honest. Some people do go out to shoot 90. Some go out to shoot Par. There is nothing wrong with that. They set goals and try to attain them. That's what this game is all about. We can't all be professionals. I know why I play golf and I also know how to set attainable goals. One of her goals is to play in the Master's. Nothing like setting the bar too high.

And as far as killing the thread. If the horse is dead.....why are you beating it?

Changes are due for Michelle, we can't expect youg teenage girls to be able

to make the kind of decissions needed here. Maybe the answer lies with other people.

Revealing numbers: when she was 14 at the Sony, missed cut by 1, average drive

273 +, three years and lots of lessons and turoring later, at 17, missed cut by a mile,

average drive 245 yds. Maybe time for the people making the choices to take another

look.....

TBD
Tour Edge Exotics CB 4 16.5 Regular Flex
Cobra Baffler hybrid 22* Regular
Mizuno MP 59 5-PW PX 5.0
Callaway MD2 Tour Grind wedges 54 & 58
T.P Mills Professional One 35"
Bridgesone E6 Soft Yellow

I'm truly looking forward to Michelle accomplishing her goals. This kid has tons of unrealized potential; do you think she is a money draw because she's average??? I like her plan now; she got out there and did it her way (bloody nose and all) then pulled it back in for some tweaks and school (impressive) outside of the limelight. Lets sit back and watch this unfold; personally I think she can be the most important female athlete of her generation but time will tell. Shes a kid people; give her a chance to mature into this role just as Tiger has...chill.

There have been many players with ridiculous potential who have came and went with that potential going unfulfilled. Let's hope she can make the impact as predicted.

Afterall, yes, she's talented, yes, she hits a long way, yes, she's a typical teenager with a chip on her shoulder (for what...I'm not sure) and yes, she has more money that she can probably spend in a lifetime, but the day will come where she has to live up to the almost unfair scrutiny everyone places on her or risk fading into oblivion like many before her.

IMHO.....play and win first rather than play for the spectacle. She does NOT tee it up to win on the PGA because she can't but she certainly can on the LPGA (and will).

TITLEIST TSI3 9* - HZRDUS T1100 HANDMADE 6.0 
PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
SRIXON ZX7's - 4-PW w/SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S
CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM

SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 TOUR ISSUE 3x CHOCOLATE NEWPORT BEACH
2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X

I do not know how many starts Wie has had, but just for comparison look at Natalie Gulbis. 144 starts---0 wins. she also gets a ton of endorsement money and media attention but can actually earn a check to remain exempt. Who should feel more pressure to get a win? I think that Michelle Wie got overexposed by the media and there has been some fan and tour player blacklash. That is the fault of her handlers and her parents.

Her 2006 stats are just that... 2006 was "only" last year... and she only played part time, and still did better than MOST women on the LPGA...

So i would say that puts her in the top players in the world category in my opinion... Quite obvious too looking at her accomplishements of last year...

people dont think she is working hard???? I bet ya she is hitting more Golf balls than 95% of the women on the LPGA at the mo, and probably more than most in the past... Practice is usually more time consuming than the actual game... She wont be sitting on her a** thats for sure... You dont get into Stanford from being a lazy person... and her Sporting habits will be the same as her accademic ones im sure...

Exactly and well put; what is her average finish in LPGA majors at what age?! She deserves the attention for her early accomplishments but at her age it was just to much and that was exposed; who cares. Doesn't diminish her ability in my eyes one bit...

Her 2006 stats are just that... 2006 was only last year... and she only played part time, and still did better than MOST women on the LPGA...

So i would say that puts her in the top players in the top players in th eworld in my opinion... Quite obvious too looking at her accomplishements of last year...

people dont think she is working hard???? I bet ya she is hitting more Golf balls than 95% of the women on the LPGA at the mo, and probably more than most in the past... Practice is usually more time consuming than the actual game... She wont be sitting on her a** thats for sure... You dont get into Stanford from being a lazy person... and her Sporting habits will be the same im sure...

more golf balls than 95% of other women on tour? that's a pretty hefty assumption. i bet Patty Berg, Kathy Whitworth, Babe Zaharious, Nancy Lopez, Jo Anne Carner and a host of others (the contemporary field of chick golfers is pretty stinking impressive....they work hard...for chump change compared to their male counterparts) would have probably put in a a few range sessions. And they're winners...a few times over.

for the umpteenth time.............Michelle Wie has talent...tons of it.........but before we admit her into the World Golf Hall of Fame and make claims that she's the greatest female athlete in the history of mankind....how bout some wins. Her 2003 Publinx win is impressive.....but that's the ONLY* thing she's won......amateur or professional. That was 4 years ago. Her 2006 LPGA stats speak for themselves. Again....Impressive. But there are a host of other women...who've both beaten Michelle Wie and had professional success who I imagine work just as hard.

I wish her all the success in life and on the course. Just not on the PGA Tour.

*she's won some events in hawaii.