FairwayFred's WITB Pic thread

Be carful of "neck weight"... I had Raybon make me a #7 with plumbers neck and it was awesome. But sweet spot was way towards the heel and could not get my launch right with it.

Appreciate the feedback Jeff, definitely something i will look into, or bear in mind, when combining that head/hosel. But, i must ask.. was this before, or after an employee at a Taylormade Fitting Centre bent it every which way possible? - it arrived back with us with the lie angle altered by 3° and negative 2° loft :dntknw:

Be carful of "neck weight"... I had Raybon make me a #7 with plumbers neck and it was awesome. But sweet spot was way towards the heel and could not get my launch right with it.

Appreciate the feedback Jeff, definitely something i will look into, or bear in mind, when combining that head/hosel. But, i must ask.. was this before, or after an employee at a Taylormade Fitting Centre bent it every which way possible? - it arrived back with us with the lie angle altered by 3° and negative 2° loft :dntknw:

I've said it before on this forum, Wardo was absolutely the worst customer we ever dealt with in 13+ years of Scratch Golf. After a while literally all of my employees refused to work with him anymore. So much so that we have refused to work with him on project through NCW. I won't even get into it any further but I was surprised to see him post in my WITB thread and benefit of the doubt goes to Ian Raybon here 100% based on what I've seen of his craftsmanship and what I know about Wardo.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming....

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
[email protected]
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

3 new custom copper Ian Raybon putters. All necks are interchangeable. I "designed" that toe heavy pear shaped mallet shape for myself many years ago and have had it made by many makers over the years. One version or another has been my gamer for most of the last 10y. The modified Trojan is very interesting too. Need to paintfill the top lines

Ari Techner
[email protected]
(still a huge club HO)

Look forward to hearing about that EX10 Beta.

I carry the E8 Beta in 4W. It is brilliant -- so long I can't believe it, and sounds nearly as good as persimmon.

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

Down at Trinity Forest GC in Dallas host of the Byron Nelson in a couple weeks. Today and tomorrow are the last days the course is open before the tourey. What an amazing golf course and just in PERFECT shape. Firm and fast, bouncy shots is the name of the game here.

WITB as of today 5/1/2018

JBeam Bullet w TPT shaft

Tour Edge Exotics Ex10 Beta 3+ w Diamana Thump F75

Tour Edge Exotics Ex10 Beta 4w w Diamana Thump F75

Titleist Tour Issue 915F 7w w Diamana Thump F85

4-6 Taylor Made 790 w Accra iwct 95

7-9 National Custom Works Hand Crafted DW MBs w Accra iwct 95

46* National Custom Works Hand Crafted DW MB w Accra iwct 105

52* National Custom Works Hand Crafted DW w Accra iwct 105

58* National Custom Works Hand Crafted DW w Accra iwct 105

Ian Raybon Modified Copper Trojan w AlBz Plumbers neck

Lengths-

Driver - 44 1/2

3+, 4, 7w - 42 1/4

4/5i - 37 7/8

6/7i - 37 1/4

8/9i - 36 5/8

46/52/58 - 36

All clubs D4 except wedges D5

Ari Techner
[email protected]
(still a huge club HO)

TPT Shaft? Good? Feel? Torque? Which one did you go with? Ball flight? Thank you...

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

? Before.. He then bent it on the Digital Mitchell machine at the Kingdom. IF loft and lie were messed up, this would be the second time this has happened to me? I used to think a digital loft and lie was the best way to adjust but know I am thinking it is not? I am thinking people do not calibrate correctly? You guys make beautiful putters and I am always a Fan..

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

TPT Shaft? Good? Feel? Torque? Which one did you go with? Ball flight? Thank you...

I really love the TPT so far. I've not driven the ball this straight in a while. Seems like it twists less than other shafts on mishits if that makes sense. I've got the MT LKP version it's mid 50ish grams. Ball flight is mid and flat. Launches a little higher and spins a hair more than the Kuro Kage XT I was playing which fits this head better.

Ari Techner
[email protected]
(still a huge club HO)

Were you using a mini driver as a driver replacement? I'm just asking because I've been thinking about going that route and see you've used the Aeroburner mini and Cally 3Deep. I was swinging my Amp Cell Pro (440cc) much better than my Fly Z+ and I think going even smaller would be better. I just can't get used to swinging a spaceship.

"There are probably some things I could do to keep my flexibility up, but I'd rather smoke, drink diet Cokes and eat." - John Daly

Cobra Fly Z+ Matrix Ozik White Tie
Cobra Fly Z+ 4/5 UST ProForce V2 Black 
Ping Anser 20* Matrix Ozik Altus
Ping Anser 23* Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana S+
Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 5-GW True Temper XP 105
Cobra Tour Trusty 54* 58* KBS Tour Custom Series 
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Were you using a mini driver as a driver replacement? I'm just asking because I've been thinking about going that route and see you've used the Aeroburner mini and Cally 3Deep. I was swinging my Amp Cell Pro (440cc) much better than my Fly Z+ and I think going even smaller would be better. I just can't get used to swinging a spaceship.

I actually used it as a large 3w. My old home course had a good number of holes where 3w makes sense off the tee and I was always able to hit it pretty well off the deck. Off the tee not much short of the driver and really easy to hit straight. My new club doesn't really have any holes other than maybe 1 where 3w makes sense so I have switched to something easier to hit off the deck. Still LOVE me some Minnie Driver though.....

Ari Techner
[email protected]
(still a huge club HO)

TE have always been know for making great clubs (particularly the FWs), so I'm really interested to hear how you're find the EX10's. Can you post an update when you get a chance?

The Ex10 Betas are firmly in the bag. They setup great. Almost perfect if u take away the E alignment aid. A little less face progression than the CBX which I prefer. Size and shape is ideal. Sound and feel are very solid. I added a 14g weight and a little cotton in the head for weight and they have a great muted thwack sound. I really like the turf interaction w the sole. Seems like they really got the slip sole right on this one. Really glides through the turf nicely. Mishits are good. They elevate the ball well The 13 is really easy to hit off the deck for a strong 3w. The 4w gives me a great trajectory that allows me to hold greens when needed and fits the yardage gap I need. They are very workable high and low. Overall really happy with them. While I am clearly a huge club HO I do have somewhat of a hard time finding fwy woods I really like. Last year I had a fairway wood from 2014, one from 2013 and one from 1999 in the bag. These I'd highly recommend and expect them to stay in the bag throughout the year at least.

Ari Techner
[email protected]
(still a huge club HO)

? Before.. He then bent it on the Digital Mitchell machine at the Kingdom. IF loft and lie were messed up, this would be the second time this has happened to me? I used to think a digital loft and lie was the best way to adjust but know I am thinking it is not? I am thinking people do not calibrate correctly? You guys make beautiful putters and I am always a Fan..

We have a loft/lie spec gauge made by Golf Mechanix, ours isn't digital, they make some very nice equipment. I checked it as soon as it returned to us, cause immediately, it was obvious it wasn't sitting right. If i had to guess, i'd say the inner salesman in the fitter came out, and he spotted an opportunity to get a sale, but maybe im being a bit biased :rofl: Shame it didn't suit you in the end - was a nice design you came up with.... still, we've got a very nice paperweight sat at the workshop now! :rofl:

Ari,

Putter looks really good with some patina, hope it rolls just as well for you and adds to your enjoyment of this crazy game.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

Possible 4 iron replacement. Cobra F8 One 22* hybrid. Will be built to the same 37 7/8" length as my 4 and 5 iron with the same shaft. Head weight is 261g so swingweight should be close to perfect at that length. Loft is pretty much the same as my 4 iron so the specs will be pretty much exactly the same.

Ari Techner
[email protected]
(still a huge club HO)

In my bag 5/11/2018

10* JBeam Bullet w TPT shaft

13* Tour Edge Exotics Ex10 Beta 3+ w Diamana Thump F75

16.5* Tour Edge Exotics Ex10 Beta 4w w Diamana Thump F75

21* Titleist Tour Issue 915F 7w w Diamana Thump F85

22* Cobra F8 One 4 Hybrid w Accra i80

5-6 Taylor Made 790 w Accra iwct 95

7-9 National Custom Works Hand Crafted DW MBs w Accra iwct 95

46* National Custom Works Hand Crafted DW MB w Accra iwct 105

52* National Custom Works Hand Crafted DW w Accra iwct 105

58* National Custom Works Hand Crafted DW w Accra iwct 105

Ian Raybon Modified Copper Trojan w AlBz Plumbers neck 450g head w 180g counter weight and Super Stroke Pistol 2.0 grip

Lengths-

Driver - 44 1/2

3+, 4, 7w - 42 1/4

Hybrid/5i - 37 7/8

6/7i - 37 1/4

8/9i - 36 5/8

46/52/58 - 36

All clubs D4 except wedges D5

Putter really starting to patina now.

Ari Techner
[email protected]
(still a huge club HO)

Kasco KC-103 20* back in the back in place of the Titleist Tour Issue 915F. The Kasco has been in and out of my bag since 1999. I liked the Titleist but it's not great on shots higher on the face especially from the rough. The Kasco just works. Not 100% sure the switch is permanent but I had a very good day w the Kasco today.

(love the serial number NO15....)

Ari Techner
[email protected]
(still a huge club HO)

Love the Kasco ! I’ve stil got all mine in the closet.

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

Love the Kasco ! I’ve stil got all mine in the closet.

Super Hyten is the best!

I've got a bunch of KP99s and a KC-103 3 wood that I'll never get rid of. They can hold up against anything modern distance wise.

Ari Techner
[email protected]
(still a huge club HO)

• 1 month later...

Looks so clean with the paint fill stripped. Amazed that I'm looking at a Carbon head given the even patina.

Sent Patrick a probatory email yesterday regarding a short set of NCW irons. Really intrigued by your paired playing lengths. Would you be willing to comment on the thought process behind the decision and the results that you are seeing? How is ball flight and distance gapping. Contemplating matching the lengths of my PW/9 and 8/7. Also may add 6/5 iron. Have always played variable length irons.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon