2016 Coates Golf Championship

AKL Kiwi

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cringe, when I see Lexi hit the ball..

Such a steep angle that the club gets stuck in the ground.

Can't be good for her wrist..

I echo this...

I love Lexi, but that swing looks painful & just messy. And how does she putt wearing a glove...!!? Thats a penalty surely

Still hope she does well this year

She tries to swing 100% all the time. Try 90% and she'll get in sync far more often.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Apparently Lexi putts with her eyes closed now: http://golfweek.com/...paying-lpga-ev/

Sort of apropos considering whenever Lexi gets on or around the greens, she looks like she doesn't want to be there. Chipping and putting seem to be the bane of her golf existence. That's probably why the glove stays on--she is in such a hurry to get off the green and to the next tee.

You guys said the GC sells coverage of the LPGA to Asia. What are TV ratings there vs in the US?

Since TGC became a part of the NBC Sports Network in 2010, overall ratings are up over 10% year over year or nearly 60% compared to the baseline of 2010. That's US only. It would seem logical that their deal with the Asian distributor alone would contribute even more viewers than what they get in the states.

The 2014 Dinah Shore (some other wacky name now) had over 670,000 viewers for the final round and over 2M in aggregate. The 2015 Solheim Cup drew over 750,000 viewers.

It's part of what led to the dramatic increase on overall coverage hours and also why you now see them extend coverage on occasion now.

Although he beat me out for the Commissioner position, Whan has done a great job and we shared a few ideas. I'd still like to see him mike up the caddies and move events to Wednesday to Saturday schedules.

Lydia quietly going about her business. Ho hum. -3 after 12 holes today, and -6 for the tournament. Boring golf is winning golf.

In Gee in red figures for the day after a slow start.

Will be interesting to see if Jodi can put together two decent rounds in a row. 'Certainly has been a while.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Michelle should add the eyes closed thing to her putting routine. If she did the tabletop, plus the forearm anchor thing she is doing now, plus the eyes closed... if that's not a recipe for free, natural, intuitive putting stroke then I don't know what is.

I love the LPGA and hate to be so negative, but, I am done with Michelle Wie. I thought The US Open would turn everything around. I understand injuries, but she seems to be one of those people who would rather have an ailment to dress up and talk about than just play their respective sport all out. I just can't watch her anymore, her putting, her constant stinger she thinks she must always hit, her terrible wardrobe and hat modeled after the one Smalls wore in Sandlot. Lastly, after hearing her constant like this like that so cool...How the hell did she go to Stanford? Sorry, rant over.

Callaway BBV 10.5 Neutral w/ 44.5 inch Motore 565 speeder shaft stiff
Callaway BBV 3 Wood, 15.5 stiff, 5 Wood 19 stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 19 Hybrid stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 4-PW
Ping Glide 50 SS
Cleveland CG16 , 56
Wilson Staff Grant Park Putter

Anyone notice the women are playing the Augusta 12th replica hole a lot better than the guys at The Masters? Don't know if it's the added pressure of a major, distance or what. Can't really be distance as I'm sure the women are playing comparable clubs.

Seeing Lewis pound her putter into the green on several occasions is NOT cool. Yeah I know, "she cares", "is passionate"...still not cool.

Michelle should add the eyes closed thing to her putting routine. If she did the tabletop, plus the forearm anchor thing she is doing now, plus the eyes closed... if that's not a recipe for free, natural, intuitive putting stroke then I don't know what is.

I love the LPGA and hate to be so negative, but, I am done with Michelle Wie. I thought The US Open would turn everything around. I understand injuries, but she seems to be one of those people who would rather have an ailment to dress up and talk about than just play their respective sport all out. I just can't watch her anymore, her putting, her constant stinger she thinks she must always hit, her terrible wardrobe and hat modeled after the one Smalls wore in Sandlot. Lastly, after hearing her constant like this like that so cool...How the hell did she go to Stanford? Sorry, rant over.

+1 for the Sandlot reference - love it.

Seeing Lewis pound her putter into the green on several occasions is NOT cool.

From the Marathon commercial featuring Stacy talking to some young girls.

"You want to know what it takes to be the best you can be?.....it takes a lot of practice and hard work, it takes a positive attitude, training, desire and a respect for the game..................That's the Spirit" :taunt:

Is that you Duncan French?

Anyone notice the women are playing the Augusta 12th replica hole a lot better than the guys at The Masters? Don't know if it's the added pressure of a major, distance or what. Can't really be distance as I'm sure the women are playing comparable clubs.

I'm guessing it's the wind, or the lack of it. At the Masters, it's one continuous discussion regarding club selection, as the swirling wind above the treeline can really effect the ball.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

You guys said the GC sells coverage of the LPGA to Asia. What are TV ratings there vs in the US?

I don't know about the viewership but I was in Korea during the Asian swing last year. They showed a 4 hour replay of yesterday's coverage, 4 hours of live coverage, and then a 4 hour replay of today's coverage every day. On the first day they replayed the final round of the CME Championship before the tournament started.

Face it, Michelle is never going to be the player almost everyone thought she would be. Between the time off for Stanford, the injuries, and the continuous tinkering with the swing and putting stroke, she missed her window of opportunity. There are simply too many top notch golfers out there each week, and with the KLPGA, there will be a steady stream for years to come.

I enjoy watching her when she plays well, and I'm sure she'll win a few more times, but accept her for what she is, and not what she could have been.

Looks like there are more scoring opportunities out there today. Haru Nomura with a nice 6 under. Suzann is 5 under for the day after 17 holes. If the leaders in the PM wave are sharp, we could see -10+ leading at the end of the day.

Face it, Michelle is never going to be the player almost everyone thought she would be. Between the time off for Stanford, the injuries, and the continuous tinkering with the swing and putting stroke, she missed her window of opportunity. There are simply too many top notch golfers out there each week, and with the KLPGA, there will be a steady stream for years to come.

I enjoy watching her when she plays well, and I'm sure she'll win a few more times, but accept her for what she is, and not what she could have been.

It would be easier to accept her for what she is if the golf media would stop treating her like a megastar, world beater(like Lydia Ko) every time she shoots a round under par, even if she's 10 shots back.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

I don't have any specific numerics.....but will answer with the following and you can formulate your own answer.

Asians love their golf.

Here in Vancouver....at some courses....seems like 80% of the players are Asian, Koreans are especially nutty about golf...not just men but some pretty addicted female golfers....which I have played golf with.

I know someone who owns a screen golf business in Korea that's open from 9am to 2am, SBS Golf and JTBC will often have 5 hrs per day of live stream coverage of KLPGA and then followed with 2 hrs of JLPGA event coverage.....there are 33 and 37 KLPGA and JLPGA events respectively vs. the LPGA's 33 events, there is a screen golf tour with female pros that is broadcast by SBS Golf, etc. etc

It would be easier to accept her for what she is if the golf media would stop treating her like a megastar, world beater(like Lydia Ko) every time she shoots a round under par, even if she's 10 shots back.

Wie was set up by the media to be the female Tiger.

Wie was set up by the media to be the female Tiger.

She certainly played her own part in that script.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

I cringe when she putts! Yikes.

Unfortunately....I don't think we'll ever see Lexi figure out her putting woes....Lexi is such a nice young lady and we all would love to see her climb into the Big 3....but her flat stick will hold her back.

I cringe when she putts! Yikes.

Unfortunately....I don't think we'll ever see Lexi figure out her putting woes....Lexi is such a nice young lady and we all would love to see her climb into the Big 3....but her flat stick will hold her back.

I really enjoy watching her play, she doesn't hold anything back. But she's terrible putting and she knows she terrible and then it gets worse. Lincicome too. When they get to 4 feet of the hole they almost know they will miss you can see it in their body language.

I don't have any specific numerics.....but will answer with the following and you can formulate your own answer.

Asians love their golf.

Here in Vancouver....at some courses....seems like 80% of the players are Asian, Koreans are especially nutty about golf...not just men but some pretty addicted female golfers....which I have played golf with.

I know someone who owns a screen golf business in Korea that's open from 9am to 2am, SBS Golf and JTBC will often have 5 hrs per day of live stream coverage of KLPGA and then followed with 2 hrs of JLPGA event coverage.....there are 33 and 37 KLPGA and JLPGA events respectively vs. the LPGA's 33 events, there is a screen golf tour with female pros that is broadcast by SBS Golf, etc. etc

Again it's too bad there isn't a LPGA Tour Live we could subscribe to. I'm sure there's a ton of logistics and money involved in getting something like that setup, but couldn't they just model PGA Tour Live setup?

Taking a quick look, looks like PGA Tour Live is using MLB's infrastructure, so I don't see how the LPGA couldn't leverage the same technology. We might not get coverage of every player, but at least there would be full coverage for a group or so.

WE , not the media, treat her like a megastar. They are simply feeding us what we continue to click on.

Go back a few pages on this forum and find the "US Women's Open 2014" thread and count the number of pages it generated. Then compare it to any other year of USWO.