Oceans Eleven Confessions to break a man's heart....

Matt J

Swing talk.... the sweet nectar of life.

Food for thought and as usual - what I serve up is not everyone's cup of tea. In fact what I personally proclaim could be the next guy's poison. So here are just some over-riding "things" from which notions like the attack angle are rooted in. This is the kind of stuff that leads me personally into the HOW and WHY part of it... stuff that forces yours truly to keep going backwards in the process all the way to the grip and setup so that things will tend to flow from start to finish without having to think about P-this or P-that. Don't know about you guys but I just can't think about every single bone in my body during a golf swing... all I'm capable of is setting them up and gong for flow or feel of things once the PSR is done and the trigger is pulled. But all that (for me) has a basis... something or things underneath of it all as to WHY and HOW it's supposed to work.

So here are things that may or may not be a basis of things for each of you - but "might" in some cases resonate.

1) At setup - you have an option or two. Personally I shoot for a setup that from face-on leads to the least amount of wonky side to side motion of the spine. That (for me) calls for a little secondary spine tilt at address.

2) At the top - the when the upper body and back is a bit farther from the target than the hips - then in my case the swing was width of arc needed for power and provided I get there without the trail side knee wandering over the trail foot - AND the shoulder turn is perpendicular to the back as seen DTL - and if the lead side arm is resting on a plane just on or above the trail shoulder... then I consider myself on-plane and good to go for transition back down.

For this one - we go right back to the setup. Which brand of setup gets me to that position with the least amount of extraneous and complicated motion in the most relaxed and easy to repeat - tension free fashion? There is such a setup for me - and I'd hope there is one for all of us. Why do I want to land the lead arm in that geometry and turn the shoulders perpendicular to the spine? Cause its the least complicated way of doing it - the simplest motion where the arms and the body are not fighting each other. If that's wrong - I'll live with it. The guy who has a different of better idea is probably right and I'm probably wrong. LOL. It's all good - but this is WHY and a little about HOW I see these things as fitting into the "IT MATTERS" category.

3) Still back to the startup - what grip allows the wrists to hinge up and toward my trail shoulder when I hinge the club upward in front of me at address? How deep in the fingers - what does that grip feel like and how can I maintain that exact grip pressure (or as close to it as I can) from start to finish once in motion? Why? Cause I don't want to re-grip in mid-swing and I want my wrists to unhinge through the strike rather than try manipulating the club on the way down. Once she starts down - I don't want to think about it - just do it. So this grip thing has a "why" component and this (for me) is it.

4) Getting to the top in-posture... to me needs a little depth of hip turn. For me that means the trail side knee does not wander over the trail foot going back - and the trail side hip is ALLOWED to drift just a little back behind the trail side heel getting to the top. WHY? LOL so that it doesn't hurt my freak'n back getting up there - so I can preserve my posture - and so that the downswing can start with that upper body a touch farther from the target than the hips (which helps bottom-out the swing in the right place once its time to swing back down).

5) Transition - time to do NOTING flinch and sudden (IMO) all this good work now gets to pay off unless you flinch - throw the hands - rip at it laterally - tense up. This one is the HARDEST one for me to remain on top of. I tend to fail in finishing the backswing in a smooth relaxed fashion and as a result I tend to want to "snap" back, If I practice nothing else - I'm always working on the setup - the grip - and the posture that wanders around the least. Trying ALWAYS to relax and take things OUT of my swing more so than putting things IN it. Rounding the shoulders - bending the lead arm - varying the grip pressure - moving the knees toward the ball instead of dipping them or snapping them into to a violently locked up condition too much or too early. Just simple and smoothly (for me) pays off. For me - the knees separate a bit and the belly turns a fraction to start things back down and THEN the that "unit" of the hands arms and club goes for a ride until the trail elbow passes the trail hip. As the handle get closer to the lead thigh - THEN the angle of the club and lead arm widens out so that the "whoosh" of practice swings is heard PAST the ball. This means the bend in the back of the trail wrist just wend for a ride and the trail arm straightens AFTER impact.

6. Nothing stalls in all this - so the sternum chases the hands right up the follow through plane just like the trial shoulder moves down and around on the same plane as the trail arm. Little nuances - like - having the "L" between the lead arm and shaft grow in angle a touch on the way down from the top - that one is a bonus for me personally - adds a little extra pop at impact without spending calories to do so.

So - back to that video - the angle of attack will be shallow to slightly positive when at the top the upper back is a little farther from target than the hip girdle - AND the golfer got there from a good starting position with the least complicated way of doing so. Then in transition the knees separate - the belly goes - the right shoulder and arm go - and everything keeps going in-posture until the trail arm straightens fully just past impact and the at which time the chest chases the hands hip the follow through plane where all things (hips, arms, hands, and club) ALL stop basically in unison.

Gavel down. You read it all here on the internet. It therefore MUST be true.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Objection, your Honor!

I keed. Just a question...

As per 4) above, how does one allow the trail side hip to drift towards the trail foot, BUT...the trail knee does not? DeNinny cannot compute. And DeNinny just tried to do it.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

Little "doors" open once you have at least SOME basis of why and how things flow (IMO). Like... does the lead side arm need to be connected to the lead side chest wall, or not? Does doing that and the angle of the handle through the lead hand fingers help set how FAR to stand from the ball? Cause if so - there is a REASON for setting up that way. Do the hands and handle need to travel right with the chest during takeaway - or not? If so doe the trail knee move more backward as it stiffens on the way to the top in order for the hips to have a little depth? Or not?

What I do personally and what anyone else does on ALL these fronts can be as individual as anyone can imagine. All I'm gunning for here is that IF there is a reason for these things - they all can be traced back to your setup and how simple or complicated you personally see things working best and most consistently FOR YOU.

I like seeing the fact that the arms don't grow shorter or longer (duh!) and so I want to keep things about as stable in terms of distance from my chest back down to the ball as I can. I personally tend to move the hips too much in a lateral fashion and do so too quickly so I need to focus on drills to quiet the lower body and keep the body from flinching in transition. I tend to round the lead shoulder too much going back so I have to focus a lot on keeping the hands and handle moving with and in front of the shoulder turn.

But - there are as many different tendencies here as the mind can imagine. Its all good. Al long as there is at least some basis for what we do. Then the hows and whys can unfold from there. New doors (individually) can then fly open.

Me.....p-this or p-that is way more than I like to compute. Its about the setup and the FLOW from there. But that's me. If the next guy says its all about getting his lead arm wrist watch to face some point in the sky - or seeing the clubhead go so far it appears in his lead eye peripheral vision - then THAT guy needs to do that in my book. Again - the broken record here being there is some brand of very purposeful grip and setup that leads to the least complicated motion YOU go for - and whatever fulfills those ideas of the basis behind it all - then I would think any golfer is going to get exactly what he is shopping for.

Rant - rant - rant - yadda -yadda - endless yadda.

Well Fargo was fun. Beautiful weekend for it. Me and the Mrs are too lazy to walk the green mile a dozen times over but we are very good at sitting in the stands behind a par 3 - especially stands where there is nearby snacks and drinks to be had. We have those skills down pat.

So, I decided to play with the slo-mo option on my phone. Found out something.

My swing looks EXACTLY like it did a year ago.

Is this good?

No.... I wanted to make some changes.

OR

Yes....because I'm hitting it well. If you watch until the end, I didn't realize I did it but, there's a nice spin and catch.

http://youtu.be/kLTe12dX4yQ

http://youtu.be/hPWXmU_Tjog

^ Objection, your Honor!

As per 4) above, how does one allow the trail side hip to drift towards the trail foot, BUT...the trail knee does not? DeNinny cannot compute. And DeNinny just tried to do it.

At setup - for most folks the knees are inside of the insteps (more so with the trail knee than the lead one)... the elbow are inside the knees - and hands inside of the elbows. That means that depending on the degree of secondary tilt at address - there will always be SOME amount of the trial side knee being to the target side of the trail side instep.

So - to answer your question.... during the backswing the trail knee is already inside of the trail instep. Once we go into motion - the trail knee does NOT have to wander over the trail foot UNLESS we sway the hips laterally. In order to prevent locking up and restricting the hips OR over-bracing that trail side leg causing lower back injury... one answer is to allow that trail knee to move by moving slightly backward - in a direction behind you rather than laterally. As it slightly stiffens from where it started and drifts back a touch - so the trail side hip drifts back behind the trail side heel. Weight ends up more down and through the inside of the trail leg and trail heel at the top - posture is preserved from the setup and there was zero hip sway doing it this way. Tension free - good to go.

If I suggested the trip hip drifts toward the trail foot (laterally) I mis-spoke. If the goal is to get a little deeper hip turn (drifting back behind the trail heel)... its all good.

NICE MC. Can share what I might do were it me personally and the whole Rason-rant in detail...IF YOU WANT. We can do that off line IF YOU WANT.

Knowing you from many days gone by - I know you like to approach things in your own time and your own way. So I'm just as happy to keep my two cents out of it and say WELL DONE if you prefer. No hard feelings either way. I know you work hard - have listened carefully to a pro - and me staying out of it one way or the other suits me fine if you prefer it that way. Its all good.

^ Objection, your Honor!

At setup - for most folks the knees are inside of the insteps (more so with the trail knee than the lead one)... the elbow are inside the knees - and hands inside of the elbows. That means that depending on the degree of secondary tilt at address - there will always be SOME amount of the trial side knee being to the target side of the trail side instep.

So - to answer your question.... during the backswing the trail knee is already inside of the trail instep. Once we go into motion - the trail knee does NOT have to wander over the trail foot UNLESS we sway the hips laterally. In order to prevent locking up and restricting the hips OR over-bracing that trail side leg causing lower back injury... one answer is to allow that trail knee to move by moving slightly backward - in a direction behind you rather than laterally. As it slightly stiffens from where it started and drifts back a touch - so the trail side hip drifts back behind the trail side heel. Weight ends up more down and through the inside of the trail leg and trail heel at the top - posture is preserved from the setup and there was zero hip sway doing it this way. Tension free - good to go.

If I suggested the trip hip drifts toward the trail foot (laterally) I mis-spoke. If the goal is to get a little deeper hip turn (drifting back behind the trail heel)... its all good.

Edit: Overruled!

I just wanted to make sure I understood what drifting behind the trail heel really meant. To me this is a given if the hips are turning directly on the 'tain't.

Registered Bladeocrat

NICE MC. Can share what I might do were it me personally and the whole Rason-rant in detail...IF YOU WANT. We can do that off line IF YOU WANT.

Knowing you from many days gone by - I know you like to approach things in your own time and your own way. So I'm just as happy to keep my two cents out of it and say WELL DONE if you prefer. No hard feelings either way. I know you work hard - have listened carefully to a pro - and me staying out of it one way or the other suits me fine if you prefer it that way. Its all good.

Here's the thing. I can now see all the good things I have going on and why it works. The seperation of the knees, the deep hip turn, no EE....etc..

I was hitting the ball with NO swing thoughts. Just visualize the shot and hit my target. I've been pretty successful with that. Even the long clubs 3w 3i hybrid have been good.

Here's the rub, shoulder turn is good but, I can't stop the arms folding up. I'm pretty happy with my setup, it's my damn left elbow that's doing its own thing. I can work the ball either way with my driver and irons. All I do is change my intent and one little swing thought.

I've always respected your thoughts and ideas (you know that). If you want to throw a few things at me...I'm all ears. I think my problem is I'm emotionally attached to hitting good shots. Not sure I can change my swing and go through the gut wrench of hitting it bad to get where I need to be to hit it better. Lol. If that makes sense. :crazy:

Agreed 51. I've got a couple dozen balata balls mixed into my shag bag. I find them interspersed right along with the other balls. Feel is nice though. But they certainly don't seem to spin excessively.

Couple other things I've learned. Top Flights absolutely deserve their rock flight nickname and Pinnacle Golds don't feel bad at all. And I kid you not that a single Warrior golf ball I had that has since disappeared was consistently a club longer than any other ball. Maybe non conforming?

I had a similar experience (Warrior) with a VolviK "hot pink" that I found in the long rough, on the second hole, and put it in play (curiosity) from the 3rd, until I drowned it on the 17th.

It was an immediate confidence builder from tee to green, along with being an absolute *eye magnet*. (I know, how is it that I found one, lol) I never bought a sleeve, although I was so impressed with it, simply b/c I already had 27 dozens of Z-Star XV. I have to confess that the price of the Volvik was/is somewhat a deterrent.

I agree with the RockFlite's well deserved reputation, but what shocked me, was the Callaway conflict with Titleist concerning Patent Infringement when it bought the Spalding brand. Couldn't Splading mass produce that ball instead of the XL?

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

Here's the thing. I can now see all the good things I have going on and why it works. The seperation of the knees, the deep hip turn, no EE....etc..

I was hitting the ball with NO swing thoughts. Just visualize the shot and hit my target. I've been pretty successful with that. Even the long clubs 3w 3i hybrid have been good.

Here's the rub, shoulder turn is good but, I can't stop the arms folding up. I'm pretty happy with my setup, it's my damn left elbow that's doing its own thing. I can work the ball either way with my driver and irons. All I do is change my intent and one little swing thought.

I've always respected your thoughts and ideas (you know that). If you want to throw a few things at me...I'm all ears. I think my problem is I'm emotionally attached to hitting good shots. Not sure I can change my swing and go through the gut wrench of hitting it bad to get where I need to be to hit it better. Lol. If that makes sense. :crazy:

OK - keeping down to a few quickie thoughts and respecting you and your own journey as you always have mine.... here goes. All this is in the take-it-for-what it's worth category and no hard feelings.

- Back up from the ball a few inches. How? - by stepping into the shot with your trail foot first just behind the ball and with your trail side elbow touching your trial side hip - to measure how far from the ball to stand. You should be turned (body-wise) about 20-30 degrees open to the target when you first plant that left foot. Then place your right foot, and then widen your left foot according to stance width needed for the shot and club in hand. About four spread fingers should fit between you and the butt end of the handle.

- Let the upper body move to your left going back - enough to get the chest out over where the trail hip was at address - but don't drift the hips and knees left in the process. If your head drifts to the left - so be it.

- No forward press of the hands and handle to start the backswing. Doing so will foster an early and wristy takeaway (which you avoid).... but the upper body move to your left going back will not like any sort of forward hand press to start the swing.

- This "should" leave you in a position at the top where the hands land farther from the target and less behind the head.

- Pause up there and practice the "pump" drill - where the lead knee moves a touch to the target and the WHOLE smash of clubs, arms, and hands move TOGETHER with the goal in mind of getting that trail elbow in front of the belly before dumping the "L" between the shaft and lead arm.

- Carry that whole 'unit' (arms, club, the "L" formed between the shaft and lead arm down until that handle is getting close to the zipper and LET that angle "dump" with your head back there about where it was at the top. By setting up the way you just did - there is plenty of room for that elbow to now move in front of you and the clubhead will release just by unhinging it. If she flies to the push side a little at first - then its working and its time to work more on the turn.

- DONE!

There you go my friend - the shortest and sweetest post EVER given by old Reason... and one we BOTH know may or may not even be something you care to explore. And better yet - we both are good with it if not! Two golfers just kicked the tires and no one is an idiot. Imagine that!

So didn't end up playing today, did end up selling the Burners though lol. Got a loft//lie machine lined up for 11am using the proceeds from the Burners. Kinda Stoked!! Always wanted a LL machine :)

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Judge great post! I've been working on my swing quite a bit lately, as usual working on the lower half. I've also been doing a lot of drills. I agree with your point that getting the set up and grip correct are extremely important, and for the most part, dictate how/why we swing our swings. The more I dig deeper into "parts matching" the more my own swing makes sense. Also, for me, with the driver, to develop a nice positive and powerful angle of attack I make an imaginary wall that is in line with the golf ball. When I take my backswing I get my shoulders to turn parallel and behind that imaginary wall, then unwind on the downswing from there, staying behind the "wall". I made that up as a way to stop swaying during my transition from the top as I have a tendency to get lazy.

Ninja, Judge explained in the later post, but I think of turning my trail hip behind me. You should feel the weight in your inner thigh (trail leg), weight goes to the trail heel. If you have tendency to sway (I did somewhat) it will "feel" like your reverse pivoting almost LOL. But if you have a mirror you can see your actually turning your hips, the pressure on your trail heel indicates you've shifted pressure properly.

MC, nice swing Brah!! Super slo mo too, I've always wanted to shoot my swing in slo mo, I'll have to ask one of my friends with a fancy phone to shoot a swing when I get back out there. Also, you have to keep the club at the top in the finish, then point it perpendicular to the ground, hands drop to your hip, then fire the fingers/wrists hard in a clockwise motion whist simultaneously easing grip pressure as to ensure max revolutions of club as it ascends gently toward the ground then catching it just before the clubhead :taunt: other than that it looks good :)

OK - keeping down to a few quickie thoughts and respecting you and your own journey as you always have mine.... here goes. All this is in the take-it-for-what it's worth category and no hard feelings.

- Back up from the ball a few inches. How? - by stepping into the shot with your trail foot first just behind the ball and with your trail side elbow touching your trial side hip - to measure how far from the ball to stand. You should be turned (body-wise) about 20-30 degrees open to the target when you first plant that left foot. Then place your right foot, and then widen your left foot according to stance width needed for the shot and club in hand. About four spread fingers should fit between you and the butt end of the handle.

- Let the upper body move to your left going back - enough to get the chest out over where the trail hip was at address - but don't drift the hips and knees left in the process. If your head drifts to the left - so be it.

- No forward press of the hands and handle to start the backswing. Doing so will foster an early and wristy takeaway (which you avoid).... but the upper body move to your left going back will not like any sort of forward hand press to start the swing.

- This "should" leave you in a position at the top where the hands land farther from the target and less behind the head.

- Pause up there and practice the "pump" drill - where the lead knee moves a touch to the target and the WHOLE smash of clubs, arms, and hands move TOGETHER with the goal in mind of getting that trail elbow in front of the belly before dumping the "L" between the shaft and lead arm.

- Carry that whole 'unit' (arms, club, the "L" formed between the shaft and lead arm down until that handle is getting close to the zipper and LET that angle "dump" with your head back there about where it was at the top. By setting up the way you just did - there is plenty of room for that elbow to now move in front of you and the clubhead will release just by unhinging it. If she flies to the push side a little at first - then its working and its time to work more on the turn.

- DONE!

There you go my friend - the shortest and sweetest post EVER given by old Reason... and one we BOTH know may or may not even be something you care to explore. And better yet - we both are good with it if not! Two golfers just kicked the tires and no one is an idiot. Imagine that!

Godd to see you back around again Coach!! I'll try to get some new videos for you to analyze soon!!! :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

- DONE!

I like it. That forward press has been my trigger. Didn't realize I was still doing that until today. Lol.

Ive always stepped in with my front foot. Maybe because I'm right side dominant.

I'll try to incorporate some of these things. Appreciate the time, my friend.

Pige my friend - that would be a privilege to me. Sounds like you're dong well and blowing off the winter rust and a new season awaits. Good deal!

You're still the only eyes I trust Coach!! You helped me build this swing!! I Didn't play much this winter though so the old swing started off seized up like an old motor sitting in a field all winter haha. I got'er greased up and running now though lol.

I'll post more on the loft/lie machine when I get it in the morning. It comes with the bending bar too!! Just gotta build something HEAVY to mount it on now. :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Judge great post! I've been working on my swing quite a bit lately, as usual working on the lower half. I've also been doing a lot of drills. I agree with your point that getting the set up and grip correct are extremely important, and for the most part, dictate how/why we swing our swings. The more I dig deeper into "parts matching" the more my own swing makes sense. Also, for me, with the driver, to develop a nice positive and powerful angle of attack I make an imaginary wall that is in line with the golf ball. When I take my backswing I get my shoulders to turn parallel and behind that imaginary wall, then unwind on the downswing from there, staying behind the "wall". I made that up as a way to stop swaying during my transition from the top as I have a tendency to get lazy.

Ninja, Judge explained in the later post, but I think of turning my trail hip behind me. You should feel the weight in your inner thigh (trail leg), weight goes to the trail heel. If you have tendency to sway (I did somewhat) it will "feel" like your reverse pivoting almost LOL. But if you have a mirror you can see your actually turning your hips, the pressure on your trail heel indicates you've shifted pressure properly.

MC, nice swing Brah!! Super slo mo too, I've always wanted to shoot my swing in slo mo, I'll have to ask one of my friends with a fancy phone to shoot a swing when I get back out there. Also, you have to keep the club at the top in the finish, then point it perpendicular to the ground, hands drop to your hip, then fire the fingers/wrists hard in a clockwise motion whist simultaneously easing grip pressure as to ensure max revolutions of club as it ascends gently toward the ground then catching it just before the clubhead :taunt: other than that it looks good :)

Thanks for the twirl tips, Hammer. I obviously have my own flair with the twirl. I think I'll keep it. It must be my signature. Forgot my pretentious Word not allowed even did it. :taunt:

Nice L/L machine Pigems. Don't know anything about them, though. So, can't help ya.

That's identical to mine, Pigems!

I think I paid $350 USD or so and would say $250 is a pretty good deal CAD.

You're correct that the key is to mount it to something HEAVY. I'd say at least 60 or 70 lbs. Heavier the better If you build a lower shelf you could store some heavy stuff on the bottom as ballast.

Guys, I had a big breakthrough today. Went out for a practice session and was really trying to stay focused and serious. That's my MO for the rest of the season, focused, serious, and fun. Also, I'm fighting my natural inclination for the first time in my golfing. No shot shape. Only up or down. Right now I'm hitting a draw. I'm going out and lining everything up at the target and hitting that stock shot. Maybe a little higher or lower flight, maybe a little harder or a little softer, but no more intentional side spin.

That is with irons. I think the shape benefits me with the Driver, FW's and hybrids, but no more left and right shot shape on the irons. I've gotten out of control and I'm missing a lot worse than my ability level. Conservative plan and aggressive swing. And the CB's are back in the bag other than for practice.

MC, your move sure is looking sweet! Nice work. I wouldn't sweat the changes not being obvious. From those angles and what not, I don't know if you could see a minor tweak. I filmed a draw and a fade the other day and they looked identical on video. The ball flights couldn't have been any more different.

You're correct that the key is to mount it to something HEAVY. I'd say at least 60 or 70 lbs. Heavier the better If you build a lower shelf you could store some heavy stuff on the bottom as ballast.

Guys, I had a big breakthrough today. Went out for a practice session and was really trying to stay focused and serious. That's my MO for the rest of the season, focused, serious, and fun. Also, I'm fighting my natural inclination for the first time in my golfing. No shot shape. Only up or down. Right now I'm hitting a draw. I'm going out and lining everything up at the target and hitting that stock shot. Maybe a little higher or lower flight, maybe a little harder or a little softer, but no more intentional side spin.

That is with irons. I think the shape benefits me with the Driver, FW's and hybrids, but no more left and right shot shape on the irons. I've gotten out of control and I'm missing a lot worse than my ability level. Conservative plan and aggressive swing. And the CB's are back in the bag other than for practice.

That sounds good to me, MJ. I try to play a 'natural' shot. Off the tee, I CAN work the ball but, to be honest, I have more of a 'don't go left' swing and a 'don't go right' swing. Now, if there's trouble on both sides, I just swing hard. Lol.

Funny thing is my swing is the same but intent is different. Lol.

MC, your move sure is looking sweet! Nice work. I wouldn't sweat the changes not being obvious. From those angles and what not, I don't know if you could see a minor tweak. I filmed a draw and a fade the other day and they looked identical on video. The ball flights couldn't have been any more different.

That's exactly what I was thinking, put some old weights or sand bags in the bottom for weight. Does it work well? Leave any marks on the clubs? Not that that would bother me though lol.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Pigems I love your loft lie machine. I had a chance to get the top of the line Mitchell for $400 a few years ago and passed. I'm still kicking myself!

MDG, I've got a few volvik's in the bag and never noticed them being out farther than the others when I'm collecting them. Maybe you caught a hot one! :-)

Nice swing MC! I should've messages you today! A few buddies and I went out to the qualifier at Illini after playing 9 at Long Bridge.

Thanks, Chief. Had a chance to hit a bucket between the raindrops today. Should've messaged me. Haven't played Long Bridge in a while. I've never stepped foot on Illini CC let alone played it. They may not know that I have more than just Levis and cargos. Lol.

Agreed. I originally thought he meant to put your trail hip literally over the trail heel. Many moons ago, Da Judge corrected my hip turn as described. I was just making sure I didn't read something that changed.

Registered Bladeocrat

Nice swing MC! I should've messages you today! A few buddies and I went out to the qualifier at Illini after playing 9 at Long Bridge.

Thanks, Chief. Had a chance to hit a bucket between the raindrops today. Should've messaged me. Haven't played Long Bridge in a while. I've never stepped foot on Illini CC let alone played it. They may not know that I have more than just Levis and cargos. Lol.

Nobody kicked me or my cargoes out today! :-D

Wolf, you seem to bring a classy voice of dissension when you mix it up. I just don't understand why the axe to grind? It reminds me of the classic English novel by Laurence Sterne, Tristram Shandy. Every one has a hobby-horse, but if you ride it peaceably along the King's highway (or something along those lines) then they can even bring us together as something interesting and fun to talk about - like here in the Confessions. But, when our Hobby-horses start becoming obsessions, we become anti-social and illogical.

Tristam Shandy! I love that book. It's a bit of a slog, but interesting. I enjoyed the film too.

In terms of axes to grind, I'm not sure if you're referring to me or the other party in that exchange? I don't personally have an axe to grind. I'm a bit more relaxed about the blades Vs cb thing, but I do feel the need to challenge stupidity now and again, such as in that thread. I consider it something of a moral duty actually. Then again, we could be dealing with a classic case of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Either way I see you and DeNin have taken over the reigns in that thread. Nice work both of you. Made me laugh, especially the stuff about him not playing Ping Karstens. LOL.

So, I decided to play with the slo-mo option on my phone. Found out something.

My swing looks EXACTLY like it did a year ago.

Is this good?

No.... I wanted to make some changes.

OR

Yes....because I'm hitting it well. If you watch until the end, I didn't realize I did it but, there's a nice spin and catch.

MC. Really liking that swing Sir. Very nice! I think if you're hitting it well, ride the train. Tinkering can sometime have the opposite of the desired effect.

Confession: I was working on creating a GIF of your twirl and catch, but it was too big to upload. I'll have another go tomorrow, but that move is pure Tour Sauce.

Wolf, you seem to bring a classy voice of dissension when you mix it up. I just don't understand why the axe to grind? It reminds me of the classic English novel by Laurence Sterne, Tristram Shandy. Every one has a hobby-horse, but if you ride it peaceably along the King's highway (or something along those lines) then they can even bring us together as something interesting and fun to talk about - like here in the Confessions. But, when our Hobby-horses start becoming obsessions, we become anti-social and illogical.

Tristam Shandy! I love that book. It's a bit of a slog, but interesting. I enjoyed the film too.

In terms of axes to grind, I'm not sure if you're referring to me or the other party in that exchange? I don't personally have an axe to grind. I'm a bit more relaxed about the blades Vs cb thing, but I do feel the need to challenge stupidity now and again, such as in that thread. I consider it something of a moral duty actually. Then again, we could be dealing with a classic case of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Either way I see you and DeNin have taken over the reigns in that thread. Nice work both of you. Made me laugh, especially the stuff about him not playing Ping Karstens. LOL.

LOL I confess that DavePelz4 is my source of learning the Dunning Kruger effect. Well played.

LOL you chummed the waters in that thread and got me smelling blood. I couldn't help myself, but now I just disengaged.

"Must not go back. Must not go back. Must not go back."

(Ok I'm good now.)

Registered Bladeocrat