2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Oceans Eleven Confessions to break a man's heart....

Matt J

Haha. Kind of weird I know.

I guess I was thinking of how all these guys have these avatars of sexy women, but Condi being one of two female members of ANGC has something not many women can offer.

She actually intrigues me because I was a big fan of her work before she joined the Bush Administration. After uploading her photo I started thinking that I'll go get her biography from the library and try and gain some more insight into her role under Bush and Cheney.

I'm sure it won't last, but I think it's kind of funny, in a very weird way.

I've also always guessed that the avatar has an effect on likes and wanted to test Condi. :)

The work she did with the budget at Stanford is pretty remarkable.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. Kind of weird I know.

I guess I was thinking of how all these guys have these avatars of sexy women, but Condi being one of two female members of ANGC has something not many women can offer.

She actually intrigues me because I was a big fan of her work before she joined the Bush Administration. After uploading her photo I started thinking that I'll go get her biography from the library and try and gain some more insight into her role under Bush and Cheney.

I'm sure it won't last, but I think it's kind of funny, in a very weird way.

I've also always guessed that the avatar has an effect on likes and wanted to test Condi. :)

The work she did with the budget at Stanford is pretty remarkable.

Wait a second guys. This is the internet. Sexy dripping hot babes is mandatory. You cannot in your right minds be suggesting that successful powerful influential women should be allowed on the internet? What's next, avatars of Margaret Thatcher...Margaret Mead?

I'm fired up for a Member / Guest tournament tomorrow. My friend keeps his handicap over at a local 9 hole course. It seems just like a muni at just about every other American town I've lived in, but it's privately owned. I went over and hit some putts yesterday and the course looks great, very lush. I used to play it a lot, so I'm familiar with the layout. Hoping for a good round!

There are lots of men that have taken that perspective over the years, they're called monks and priests.

I could have accomplished a lot more in life had I worried less about women. But, like most things, I wouldn't do it any different.

How do you like my new avatar fellas?

Condie's hot. Didn't she save us from a mushroom cloud?

There are lots of men that have taken that perspective over the years, they're called monks and priests.

I could have accomplished a lot more in life had I worried less about women. But, like most things, I wouldn't do it any different.

skullshot IN DA HOUSE!!!!

:russian_roulette:

It's good to see you in here and back posting, skull.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

Representing for my brothas!

Registered Bladeocrat

confession, I always thought she was kinda sexy..

Gah! TOOL.

Confession: I don't normally get involved in the blades vs GI debates but read some utter nonsense today from one of the usual suspects and I couldn't help myself. Saying a 6 time major winner is an idiot because he recommends beginners start the game using blades so they can learn how to strike the ball properly, then stating "I'm right and he's wrong" is beyond laughable.

http://www.golfwrx.c...r/page__st__120

I was just lurking that thread and went TOOL whilst liking your posts in it!!! I gotta say, Wolf, I didn't know you had it in you. That was some artful post-fu. You were tangling with some of the most enabled and narcissistic blades trolls on WRX. Posts like yours bring out the best in them. Well done and well played. :hi:

Registered Bladeocrat

Hello, Mr. DeNinny,

Thank you for the welcome back. My therapist says my biggest problem is that I'm too combative and suggested posting more on WRX to practice staying calm instead of always firing back. I told her posting on WRX wasn't a good idea if I was trying to stay calm, but she gave me this big speech about falling off a horse, so here I am. I look forward to more relaxing, uneventful interactions in the future.

Regards

Skull

Gah! TOOL.

Confession: I don't normally get involved in the blades vs GI debates but read some utter nonsense today from one of the usual suspects and I couldn't help myself. Saying a 6 time major winner is an idiot because he recommends beginners start the game using blades so they can learn how to strike the ball properly, then stating "I'm right and he's wrong" is beyond laughable.

LOL Wolfie I am not going to read that after all I am on meds to keep my blood pressure down which BTW are working fine

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

LMAO BIG STU, you need to teach the "Chop and Pop" technique to all wide soled golfers. And become an I&A Forum "guru" and WRX site sponsor. StacknTilt smackntizzle!

I am not that good of a teacher I have tried to teach it to some folks and all they can do is blade it or s***k it ( I refuse to write type or say that word) It actually is an old Trevino trick I picked up on back when he done a clinic at the old Kemper Open when I was a kid. I remember a few years back seeing Paul Goydos showing one of the first timers in the U.S. Open how to hit that shot from the long green side rough. I remember Brendall saying that is an old school trick that you do not see any more. My short game scrambling I picked up a lot from watching Trevino and Seve. Both of them were my heros

Hello, Mr. DeNinny,

Thank you for the welcome back. My therapist says my biggest problem is that I'm too combative and suggested posting more on WRX to practice staying calm instead of always firing back. I told her posting on WRX wasn't a good idea if I was trying to stay calm, but she gave me this big speech about falling off a horse, so here I am. I look forward to more relaxing, uneventful interactions in the future.

Regards

Skull

Mr. skullshot, welcome to one of the most benign threads on WRX. FWIW, in here you get 'likes' for relaxing and uneventful posts, so maybe the positive reinforcement actually will be therapeutic for you.

And BTW that was an excellent confession. LOL I remember the old skullshot and his cage match challenges to blades trolls. The new skull may not be as combative, but fortunately his sarcasm is still intact. I confess that it is always a pleasure to read.

Registered Bladeocrat

The bag is filled with Wishon 575's for tomorrow's round. The short iron heads arrived earlier this week and they are now shafted with Penley Stealth 80's. My blade journey has convinced me that I possess the game to carry these. If you would have asked me a year ago I would have responded with a ?.

That set ought to be a killer set. You know I have told you before I am a big Penley shaft fan. Let the custom tuned blade journey begin

Love it ! Thumbs up! I wonder if some of those guys from the USGA are the anon viewers? I never thought it but this OGA thing is taking off. I am playing in a scramble today it is company related. This is my 6th year playing on this team I played on this team before I ever went to work for the company. My boss is worried about someone saying something because he belly anchors the putter. I told him do not worry about it because if anyone says anything at all I can start calling them out on "non conforming" drivers,balls and wedges besides a scramble is an illegial competition any how because you have the ball in hand to begin with. Not even to mention that in those things that the pencil is the best wood in the bag!

My ”bible” in truth.

Lurking your discussion on bounce made me wonder what actually the truth in all this is. As some of you know I have taken a “time-out” from golf and wrx the past year or so. Which has given me the time to pursue some other aspects of life, seeking the “deeper meaning of life”… stuff like that. From a viewpoint of curiosity I have been intrigued by some of the many truth and “science says” discussions that is so amply represented here on wrx.

I have followed and read tons and tons of material in an effort to establish what the truth is. The funny part is that the more I read the more of conflicting data I got. If you really look at it, it is dumbfounding that so many opposing ideas can derive from the relative simple task of hitting a ball with a club. The end result of my golf truth search was actually just that I got more and more confused.

What is often missed and ignored in the discussions is the point of how do YOU establish what is truth? A question it turned out that went far deeper in life that mere golf related issues.

At a point I realized that my search was based on a false premise so to speak. I tried and tried to find THE correct datum that would somehow miraculously make me better. It never happened. Because I found that I was asking the wrong question. Instead of asking “where or what is the truth” I should have been asking “How do I determine what is the truth for me?” Not how can I convince others that this is the truth.

No. Truthfully examining how that is established to complete certainty… Oh dear… oh dear… It can be the beginning of the most amazing adventure.

You see… On a reversed vector you can also consider; How come if I know the truth I keep failing or don’t really accomplish what I set out to do?

These questions for me are not meant to be high flung philosophical considerations far away from the practicalities of life. They are meant to be applied to the very practicalities of everyday life.

Pardon my interruption.

vater, my friend, all I can offer you is that everything that I have explained about bounce is in full alignment with the laws of physics. The only reason there is confusion and conflicting information out there about bounce is MARKETING AGENDA by high bounce club manufacturers and ignorance of the complete physics by most golf consumers.

Thank you for your interruption!

I know Ninny.

I like your how you challange "conventional thinking". Not a physisian myself but your points seem logical.

As you know from earlier threads with similar discussions what really matters is whether one accepts and are being guided by arguments that one did not personally evaluate by observing. Like never touching blades because everyone and "science" says you can't do that as a high handicap is simply robbing you from potentially great experiences and development.

Love it ! Thumbs up! I wonder if some of those guys from the USGA are the anon viewers? I never thought it but this OGA thing is taking off. I am playing in a scramble today it is company related. This is my 6th year playing on this team I played on this team before I ever went to work for the company. My boss is worried about someone saying something because he belly anchors the putter. I told him do not worry about it because if anyone says anything at all I can start calling them out on "non conforming" drivers,balls and wedges besides a scramble is an illegial competition any how because you have the ball in hand to begin with. Not even to mention that in those things that the pencil is the best wood in the bag!

TYVM, Grand STU-bah. I will proudly hang it on my bag. I hope you saw my USGA symbolic art closely. Better yet, I hope some USGA lurker sees it.

Registered Bladeocrat

TYVM, Grand STU-bah. I will proudly hang it on my bag. I hope you saw my USGA symbolic art closely. Better yet, I hope some USGA lurker sees it.

Tee hee heee I saw it. Yep that is what I was hoping that some USGA fan boy lurker sees it.

My ”bible” in truth.

Lurking your discussion on bounce made me wonder what actually the truth in all this is. As some of you know I have taken a “time-out” from golf and wrx the past year or so. Which has given me the time to pursue some other aspects of life, seeking the “deeper meaning of life”… stuff like that. From a viewpoint of curiosity I have been intrigued by some of the many truth and “science says” discussions that is so amply represented here on wrx.

I have followed and read tons and tons of material in an effort to establish what the truth is. The funny part is that the more I read the more of conflicting data I got. If you really look at it, it is dumbfounding that so many opposing ideas can derive from the relative simple task of hitting a ball with a club. The end result of my golf truth search was actually just that I got more and more confused.

What is often missed and ignored in the discussions is the point of how do YOU establish what is truth? A question it turned out that went far deeper in life that mere golf related issues.

At a point I realized that my search was based on a false premise so to speak. I tried and tried to find THE correct datum that would somehow miraculously make me better. It never happened. Because I found that I was asking the wrong question. Instead of asking “where or what is the truth” I should have been asking “How do I determine what is the truth for me?” Not how can I convince others that this is the truth.

No. Truthfully examining how that is established to complete certainty… Oh dear… oh dear… It can be the beginning of the most amazing adventure.

You see… On a reversed vector you can also consider; How come if I know the truth I keep failing or don’t really accomplish what I set out to do?

These questions for me are not meant to be high flung philosophical considerations far away from the practicalities of life. They are meant to be applied to the very practicalities of everyday life.

Pardon my interruption.

vater, my friend, all I can offer you is that everything that I have explained about bounce is in full alignment with the laws of physics. The only reason there is confusion and conflicting information out there about bounce is MARKETING AGENDA by high bounce club manufacturers and ignorance of the complete physics by most golf consumers.

Thank you for your interruption!

I know Ninny.

I like your how you challange "conventional thinking". Not a physisian myself but your points seem logical.

As you know from earlier threads with similar discussions what really matters is whether one accepts and are being guided by arguments that one did not personally evaluate by observing. Like never touching blades because everyone and "science" says you can't do that as a high handicap is simply robbing you from potentially great experiences and development.

vater I will readily challenge golf "conventional thinking" because I have the technical capability and the desire to understand this game as much as possible to the best of my abilities. It is also my nature as a person. And as you stated, it is a simple caveman sport. Stick hits ball. There really shouldn't be that much technical confusion over it when it comes to the "experts" explaining it.. If I had all the resources used by the industry at my disposal, I would already have the video proof and statistically valid data to prove the majority of everything that I have ever stated about golf physics, ESPECIALLY what I have DeBunked.

Your last point rings so true and is really one of the reasons that drives me to seek the truth. I don't know exactly why, but it does kind of bother me that there are golfers out there that miss out on the opportunity to play blades simply because of marketing agendas. Maybe a lot of it is because I have had some really great golf experiences with them and I want others to have that experience as well.

And wow that is some heavy thinking about one's individual quest for truth.

Registered Bladeocrat

Hi vater, it sure is good to have you on here...

More thought for you. So if you determine what is the truth 'for you', then truth becomes variable, therefore truth is not Truth, only truth. So to convince others that to determine that what is simply truth for them (or what you have determined is the truth for you) is the truth is not really 'The Truth', but a personal interpretation of the truth. There is one Truth, it does not vary, nor is it open to individual interpretation. I think you were right in asking your original question, 'where or what is truth?' because there is an answer.

Isn't this place wonderful? :)

Hello, Mr. DeNinny,

Regards

Skull

Just hang out in here then Bro, we never fight about anything!! It's great!! :)

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

The bag is filled with Wishon 575's for tomorrow's round. The short iron heads arrived earlier this week and they are now shafted with Penley Stealth 80's. My blade journey has convinced me that I possess the game to carry these. If you would have asked me a year ago I would have responded with a ?.

I can remember you thinking how Small my CB's were when I first got them! Lol. Got get'em PD!! You got dis Broaef!! ;)

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Wolfie - Kudos for going forth into the Land of the Equipment Trolls and laying one on them. Good job and great post. The pomposity on WRX and within Golfdom in general, often has no bounds. Guess there are those that enjoy the perception of coming across as complete DB's.

Ninz - Excellent HC overhaul, right down to the 1%'er patch. However, don't quite know what the 'squiggly' is over the U. Is it what I think it is? Defacement of USGA merch is liable to get you excommunicated. On second thought, maybe we could create a OGA brand of HC's. Sell millions (or a thousand at inflated prices if they're labeled Tour Issue), all get filthy rich. Of course we'll need to pay Stu his tribute, over an above, as the "Boss of Bosses".

MJ - The Condi avatar is a head scratcher. No matter. Your choice Member #1007, so entirely appropriate in the 'no rules' OGA. So I dispensed a Like.

PD - Pics of the Wishon's please, when you have the opportunity.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Gah! TOOL.

I was just lurking that thread and went TOOL whilst liking your posts in it!!! I gotta say, Wolf, I didn't know you had it in you. That was some artful post-fu. You were tangling with some of the most enabled and narcissistic blades trolls on WRX. Posts like yours bring out the best in them. Well done and well played. :hi:

Ha ha. Thank you Sir. You know me, I'm normally polite and refined, but my tolerance for BS like his is pretty much zero. It's not just the content, but the tone of it as well. Sometimes these people need to be called out. :stop:

That is classic. Love it!

SSP, Vater & Ninz:

"It is not the possession of truth, but the success which attends the seeking after it, that enriches the seeker and brings happiness to him."

Max Planck

​And if anyone remembers Sun Ra, he was out there conceptually, this is perfect:

"What I'm dealing with is so vast and great that it can't be called the truth. It's above the truth."

Sun Ra

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Here they are in all their glory . . .

Beauties lurk beneath . . .

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon