2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Oceans Eleven Confessions to break a man's heart....

Matt J

LOL Haminster Abbey, Bryson has a swing for the northern hemisphere and the southern one because of the Coriolis effect. He's working on moon position grip changes too.

I knew it!!! Unturned no stone leaves does he (Yoda voice) :D

Coriolis Effect. I'll be dipped, learn something new everyday around here. Since hanging around this locale, read more about physics than I have in the last 40 years. (Except for occasional Quantum readings). This explains why I seemingly miss putts to the right, the northern hemisphere Coriolis Force.

Ninz, based on the following equation, need a correction factor to account for the 'Force'. Your expertise in such matters is greatly admired. Therefore, we are dependent upon you to provide us with the necessary computations. TIA.

The equation may be multiplied by the mass of the relevant object to produce the Coriolis force:

03fb330d033d7f2ecd9ded1bd820b533.png.

Edit Note: Just went back to the Coriolis Wiki page. There are a slew of additional equations to vector. By head hurts looking at them all this early in the morning. Could I get that correction factor by 3:00 p.m. EDT? Playing a Mother's Day 9 with the Mrs.

Nice to be playing on Mother's day with the Mrs. In simple redneck terms I know why I miss a putt left no real science or formulas there-- I simply turned the face over too quick and too far. If I miss right I left the blade open did not turn it at all. Simple for me. And I can tell when I misread one if I rolled the ball correctly.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because 'El Bandito' had an impulsive moment this morning (snooze, you loose) and excess Paypal kapital needing dispersement:

Much better apparent condition than the current set.

Eff'ing WRX.

Great find Fella! You have a eye and skill set for finding good classic Hogans like I do with the Macs-- Do not despair in our classic world you have to jump when you find them--- It ain't like they still make hundreds of those sets everyday--- Feel good about finding them now someone has them that will appreciate them and play with them!!

Thx Stu! I do have a weakness for classic Hogans. And of the belief that the '99's are among the finest blades ever produced. Will be playing these after extensions and grips (most likely) are installed. Even though I've been struggling with iron play so far this spring.

Have been liquidating some of my very modest inventory of classic clubs lately. Realizing things have gotten somewhat out of control. Now just wanting to focus on a few sets of clubs rather than numerous. That's what the Classic section does to you. So many marvelous sticks that you get sort of carried away trying to emulate. Choosing now to just appreciate vicariously thru others finds, pictures and stories.

Still actively contemplating an update to the i20's as well. A bounce thing amongst other issues. Just haven't crossed paths with the right set just yet.

Thinking that down the road, perhaps next winter, would like to have a go at building a DIY version of MOI matching irons. PD discussed this a number of pages back and has had me intrigued ever since. Thinking these Apexs may be a worthy candidate, particularly if I don't find the Flighted Rifles as appealing as I once did and and would be considering a reshaft. We'll see. Tinker'er gonna tinker.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Interesting, taking a minute to absorb what I just read...Also realizing that there are LOTS of variables in play here, it kinda just blew my mind LOL I've also seen/heard Bryson finds the balance in his golf balls by filling a bathtub and putting the balls in there, I'd imagine you'd have to add something to the water (epson salt?) . They mentioned it in passing as I was watching a tournament that he was playing, they even showed a pic of his balls (golf) in the tub (teeheeeeehehee) :D

TooLeD

I misunderstood what you asked about balance point based on what you said about Bryson! Sorry!

Yes based on what Bryson is doing it is insignificant. He is finding where the CG is offset from perfect center. In theory this may cause the put to wobble offline if not lined up properly but I highly doubt it matters for reasons stated about too many variables.

What I thought you meant about balance point was if there was an ideal RG for a golf ball.

Also sorry I did not know the CG was offset in a bowling ball. Hence my ignorance of balance point.

Maltby was into that balancing thing years ago. He did a video on it and at one time sold a solution that you put into water that made the balls float. It may have been Epson Salts I have no idea at all what it was. I do know what Epson Salts does in regard to speficic gravity in water just like the Dead Sea just about anything will float and it makes sense to me that the heavy side would turn down. I can see that theory with the wound liquid core balls back in the day. But with the manufacturing techniques and machinery today I do not really see it--- But I will defer to Bryson because he has a great mind from what I have seen and read so he in all probability knows something I do not

He's just leaving nothing to chance if it is in his control to do so. If you have OCD tendencies (and a lot of golfers do) then stuff like this becomes part of your golf 'rituals'. If it is in your head that something matters, then it does!

I play blades and low bounce clubs for the same reason, but finding the balance point in a golf ball is something I'm not too worried about. My own putting error will make a much bigger difference going from putt to putt than any ball balance issue.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

Or something like this, tweaked accordingly.

There you go you have it. Like it. For some reason it was lurking in my mind that you Wolfie would come up with something!!!

TOOL (Again).

Anyway, thanks STU. It's pretty cool. I just wish I had the photo shop skills to turn it into something useable. I might have a stab at something this afternoon if I get time. Don't get your hopes up though. It could be pretty bad!

Gah! TOOL.

Confession: I don't normally get involved in the blades vs GI debates but read some utter nonsense today from one of the usual suspects and I couldn't help myself. Saying a 6 time major winner is an idiot because he recommends beginners start the game using blades so they can learn how to strike the ball properly, then stating "I'm right and he's wrong" is beyond laughable.

http://www.golfwrx.c...r/page__st__120

I was just lurking that thread and went TOOL whilst liking your posts in it!!! I gotta say, Wolf, I didn't know you had it in you. That was some artful post-fu. You were tangling with some of the most enabled and narcissistic blades trolls on WRX. Posts like yours bring out the best in them. Well done and well played. :hi:

Ha ha. Thank you Sir. You know me, I'm normally polite and refined, but my tolerance for BS like his is pretty much zero. It's not just the content, but the tone of it as well. Sometimes these people need to be called out. :stop:

Representing for my brothas!

That is classic. Love it!

Good Job there brothah---- spread the blade gospel!!

Lol. Yeah, when I can, even though I have some CB's in the bag myself. I needed to challenge some of the drivel being spouted on that thread.

LOL Haminster Abbey, Bryson has a swing for the northern hemisphere and the southern one because of the Coriolis effect. He's working on moon position grip changes too.

Coriolis Effect. I'll be dipped, learn something new everyday around here. Since hanging around this locale, read more about physics than I have in the last 40 years. (Except for occasional Quantum readings). This explains why I seemingly miss putts to the right, the northern hemisphere Coriolis Force.

Ninz, based on the following equation, need a correction factor to account for the 'Force'. Your expertise in such matters is greatly admired. Therefore, we are dependent upon you to provide us with the necessary computations. TIA.

The equation may be multiplied by the mass of the relevant object to produce the Coriolis force:

Edit Note: Just went back to the Coriolis Wiki page. There are a slew of additional equations to vector. By head hurts looking at them all this early in the morning. Could I get that correction factor by 3:00 p.m. EDT? Playing a Mother's Day 9 with the Mrs.

Cf = L x M x A x O

Registered Bladeocrat

At a point I realized that my search was based on a false premise so to speak. I tried and tried to find THE correct datum that would somehow miraculously make me better. It never happened. Because I found that I was asking the wrong question. Instead of asking “where or what is the truth” I should have been asking “How do I determine what is the truth for me?” Not how can I convince others that this is the truth.

Hi vater, it sure is good to have you on here...

More thought for you. So if you determine what is the truth 'for you', then truth becomes variable, therefore truth is not Truth, only truth. So to convince others that to determine that what is simply truth for them (or what you have determined is the truth for you) is the truth is not really 'The Truth', but a personal interpretation of the truth. There is one Truth, it does not vary, nor is it open to individual interpretation. I think you were right in asking your original question, 'where or what is truth?' because there is an answer.

Isn't this place wonderful? :)

Your rendition here is almost art. That lies in the very definition of Truth.

Couldn't agree more.

For the Truth to be Truth it can only be the Truth if the person observing it is observing it on his own determinism and evaluation. Reality is though that truth is open to interpretation and the result is endless biggering. By observation it seems that seeing or realizing Truth can be unpleasant for many which is unfortunate. We see then that finding Truth relies wholy on the ability and willingness to observe what is.

Intelligent arguments in debates (in my opinion which may not be a Truth) are invitations to observation. At the other end of the scale you have arguments that are rendered as dictation and authority. They do not inspire observation thus leading you away from Truth.

One of my favorite quotes is by Gloria Steinem:

"The truth shall set you free, but first it will piss you off."

Registered Bladeocrat

There are lots of men that have taken that perspective over the years, they're called monks and priests.

I could have accomplished a lot more in life had I worried less about women. But, like most things, I wouldn't do it any different.

How do you like my new avatar fellas?

Condie's hot. Didn't she save us from a mushroom cloud?

The brain power and golf prowess in this thread just grew exponentially.

Leave it to skull to blow our brains out.

A few years back when I invited skull to join us in the "learning thread", he

saw you using your own vocabulary; such as castclutopia, bladenirvana and

differential trollquations, and then he saw sobcutosis.

So he came back to me and said WTH is all that?? I'm no brainiac!!!!

Cf = L x M x A x O

R + O + T + F x L x M x A x O = HA + HA + HA + HA !!

T + O + O + L + ed = M O I !!

Gah! TOOL.

Confession: I don't normally get involved in the blades vs GI debates but read some utter nonsense today from one of the usual suspects and I couldn't help myself. Saying a 6 time major winner is an idiot because he recommends beginners start the game using blades so they can learn how to strike the ball properly, then stating "I'm right and he's wrong" is beyond laughable.

I was just lurking that thread and went TOOL whilst liking your posts in it!!! I gotta say, Wolf, I didn't know you had it in you. That was some artful post-fu. You were tangling with some of the most enabled and narcissistic blades trolls on WRX. Posts like yours bring out the best in them. Well done and well played. :hi:

Hovered over too. Wolf's link opens at page 5, so I backtracked some and came across his post #90, last in page 3.

He sounds, to me, like the culprit in your misadventure, Outing Himself....And proud of it!

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

There are lots of men that have taken that perspective over the years, they're called monks and priests.

I could have accomplished a lot more in life had I worried less about women. But, like most things, I wouldn't do it any different.

Or gays setting the stage for their "coming out".

You never have a second opportunity to make a first impression. My 1st of Condi was: She's kinda cute, nawww, real cute...and with brains to boot. :taunt:

Yeahhh, she's easy on the likes.

Gah! TOOL.

Just yesterday, a noobie (since April 13/2016) was going at it. Today, he is "BANNED" ! :WTF:

My ”bible” in truth.

Lurking your discussion on bounce made me wonder what actually the truth in all this is. As some of you know I have taken a “time-out” from golf and wrx the past year or so. Which has given me the time to pursue some other aspects of life, seeking the “deeper meaning of life”… stuff like that. From a viewpoint of curiosity I have been intrigued by some of the many truth and “science says” discussions that is so amply represented here on wrx.

I have followed and read tons and tons of material in an effort to establish what the truth is. The funny part is that the more I read the more of conflicting data I got. If you really look at it, it is dumbfounding that so many opposing ideas can derive from the relative simple task of hitting a ball with a club. The end result of my golf truth search was actually just that I got more and more confused.

What is often missed and ignored in the discussions is the point of how do YOU establish what is truth? A question it turned out that went far deeper in life that mere golf related issues.

At a point I realized that my search was based on a false premise so to speak. I tried and tried to find THE correct datum that would somehow miraculously make me better. It never happened. Because I found that I was asking the wrong question. Instead of asking “where or what is the truth” I should have been asking “How do I determine what is the truth for me?” Not how can I convince others that this is the truth.

No. Truthfully examining how that is established to complete certainty… Oh dear… oh dear… It can be the beginning of the most amazing adventure.

You see… On a reversed vector you can also consider; How come if I know the truth I keep failing or don’t really accomplish what I set out to do?

These questions for me are not meant to be high flung philosophical considerations far away from the practicalities of life. They are meant to be applied to the very practicalities of everyday life.

Pardon my interruption.

vater, my friend, all I can offer you is that everything that I have explained about bounce is in full alignment with the laws of physics. The only reason there is confusion and conflicting information out there about bounce is MARKETING AGENDA by high bounce club manufacturers and ignorance of the complete physics by most golf consumers.

Thank you for your interruption!

I know Ninny.

I like your how you challange "conventional thinking". Not a physisian myself but your points seem logical.

As you know from earlier threads with similar discussions what really matters is whether one accepts and are being guided by arguments that one did not personally evaluate by observing. Like never touching blades because everyone and "science" says you can't do that as a high handicap is simply robbing you from potentially great experiences and development.

I've never owned Blades, but have hit a few. At this time of my life, I would doubt very much if I ever will. That said, should anyone offer me a set, any set, (like unwanted hand-me-downs) I definitively will not turn them down....Even I they're stiff shafted, LOL, I'll still put them in play. :yahoo:

MJ's new avatar of Condi is actually "*STRIKING*" in the opening title of this thread. :good:

Gah! TOOL.

Hovered over too. Wolf's link opens at page 5, so I backtracked some and came across his post #90, last in page 3.

He sounds, to me, like the culprit in your misadventure, Outing Himself....And proud of it!

See how easy they are to spot? I can get all of them to come to me in any blades vs CBs thread. I just post the detriments of CBs based on the laws of physics and then watch them insult me for it or incorrectly use science to *try* to rebut it. Either way, their trollish nature stands out. It is too easy now. They are not worth the entertainment value anymore.

And I've been a member watching the debate for years now. The same things are said over and over and over again. Even the same people are in a lot of them, including the one you fingered.

The debate is really ridiculously over now. Everybody ultimately plays what they PERCEIVE as best for their game. Period. There is absolutely no conclusive universal truth that ANY iron will change your scores.

But Wolf's rebuttals, especially his 'fallacy 1, 2, etc' one, now those are worth the price of lurking that thread.

Registered Bladeocrat

Representing for my brothas!

Love it ! Thumbs up! I wonder if some of those guys from the USGA are the anon viewers? I never thought it but this OGA thing is taking off. I am playing in a scramble today it is company related. This is my 6th year playing on this team I played on this team before I ever went to work for the company. My boss is worried about someone saying something because he belly anchors the putter. I told him do not worry about it because if anyone says anything at all I can start calling them out on "non conforming" drivers,balls and wedges besides a scramble is an illegial competition any how because you have the ball in hand to begin with. Not even to mention that in those things that the pencil is the best wood in the bag!

TYVM, Grand STU-bah. I will proudly hang it on my bag. I hope you saw my USGA symbolic art closely. Better yet, I hope some USGA lurker sees it.

I wonder if OGA has any more of those outdated ID tags laying around? Hint, Hint ?????

Ninny.

We agree very much. But we have already found that in so many previous threads.

Could be that your "quest" is based on the instinctive knowledge that - whether in golf or life - uninspected and unevaluated adopition of any idea is the root of slavery??

In a rampant, submissive belly flopping, kinda way?

Hi vater, it sure is good to have you on here...

More thought for you. So if you determine what is the truth 'for you', then truth becomes variable, therefore truth is not Truth, only truth. So to convince others that to determine that what is simply truth for them (or what you have determined is the truth for you) is the truth is not really 'The Truth', but a personal interpretation of the truth. There is one Truth, it does not vary, nor is it open to individual interpretation. I think you were right in asking your original question, 'where or what is truth?' because there is an answer.

Isn't this place wonderful? :)

On a side note: :offtopic:!!! A rare feat In Confessions,

How do you get unregistered with 1500+ posts, and 4+ years on here?

Gah! TOOL.

Just yesterday, a noobie (since April 13/2016) was going at it. Today, he is "BANNED" ! :WTF:

LOL that guy was no n00b. He was another also banned WRXer using a different username. You can't really mask your writing style all the time. And if you are a troll, you will eventually show your true colors. It goes back to what vaterman was saying about what truth are you really seeking and how you define it, and also putting more emphasis on observing the argument rather than trying to come to an outright answer.

Registered Bladeocrat

skullshot IN DA HOUSE!!!!

:russian_roulette:

It's good to see you in here and back posting, skull.

Hello, Mr. DeNinny,

Thank you for the welcome back. My therapist says my biggest problem is that I'm too combative and suggested posting more on WRX to practice staying calm instead of always firing back. I told her posting on WRX wasn't a good idea if I was trying to stay calm, but she gave me this big speech about falling off a horse, so here I am. I look forward to more relaxing, uneventful interactions in the future.

Regards

Skull

Mr. skullshot, welcome to one of the most benign threads on WRX. FWIW, in here you get 'likes' for relaxing and uneventful posts, so maybe the positive reinforcement actually will be therapeutic for you.

And BTW that was an excellent confession. LOL I remember the old skullshot and his cage match challenges to blades trolls. The new skull may not be as combative, but fortunately his sarcasm is still intact. I confess that it is always a pleasure to read.

I notice that everyone's likability has spiked ever since I stopped posting. Prpbably just a coincidence.

skullshot IN DA HOUSE!!!!

:russian_roulette:

It's good to see you in here and back posting, skull.

Hello, Mr. DeNinny,

Thank you for the welcome back. My therapist says my biggest problem is that I'm too combative and suggested posting more on WRX to practice staying calm instead of always firing back. I told her posting on WRX wasn't a good idea if I was trying to stay calm, but she gave me this big speech about falling off a horse, so here I am. I look forward to more relaxing, uneventful interactions in the future.

Regards

Skull

Mr. skullshot, welcome to one of the most benign threads on WRX. FWIW, in here you get 'likes' for relaxing and uneventful posts, so maybe the positive reinforcement actually will be therapeutic for you.

And BTW that was an excellent confession. LOL I remember the old skullshot and his cage match challenges to blades trolls. The new skull may not be as combative, but fortunately his sarcasm is still intact. I confess that it is always a pleasure to read.

I notice that everyone's likability has spiked ever since I stopped posting. Prpbably just a coincidence.

Everyone's best posts simply pale in comparison to your extremely uneventful ones. You're the 'like' of the party.

In other news, where you playing these days? I was at Emerald Valley two weeks ago...love that course.

Registered Bladeocrat

Took the 575's for a second spin today and the results were a mixed bag as my swing was a mixed bag. Felt tight in the small of my back and glutes and struggled with sequencing. The arms and legs felt totally disconnected. I still managed to string together some nice holes, and scrambled for some nice pars/bogeys, but today was mostly a forgettable round. Oh well, next time.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the PeanutsMommy's out there.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Took the 575's for a second spin today and the results were a mixed bag as my swing was a mixed bag. Felt tight in the small of my back and glutes and struggled with sequencing. The arms and legs felt totally disconnected. I still managed to string together some nice holes, and scrambled for some nice pars/bogeys, but today was mostly a forgettable round. Oh well, next time.

I think we've all had days like that PD. Many times. Sounds like your glutes weren't firing!

I think we've all had days like that PD. Many times. Sounds like your glutes weren't firing!

I did not have the eye of the Tiger.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Cf = L x M x A x O

R + O + T + F x L x M x A x O = HA + HA + HA + HA !!

T + O + O + L + ed = M O I !!

^ The 'Conradcrackedup Effect'. Proof!

It's a fundamental law of confessions.

Registered Bladeocrat

The brain power and golf prowess in this thread just grew exponentially.

Leave it to skull to blow our brains out.

A few years back when I invited skull to join us in the "learning thread", he

saw you using your own vocabulary; such as castclutopia, bladenirvana and

differential trollquations, and then he saw sobcutosis.

So he came back to me and said WTH is all that?? I'm no brainiac!!!!

Just to nitpick, SOBcutosis was from your dictionary, not mine. skull is a writer. He gets all of it. It's poetic license to the extreme.

LOL writing Differential Trollquations was good times. Thanks for the reminder.

Registered Bladeocrat

DeNinny,

Haven't played since spring of last year. Got slammed with some health problems that came out of nowhere. Hope to resolve them this year, but golf this season is out. Never played Emerald Valley, but I hear it's very nice.

skull I'm sorry to hear that about your health. Yes, I hope things do get better soon enough. There is plenty of vicarious golf to be had here, if it helps. These threads really help me during my 'dark golf' times. It's like a virtual golf bar here. WRX's version of 'Cheers'. (FYI, I'm Diane!)

Registered Bladeocrat