2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

2016-2017 NFL Thread

highergr0und

Brutal hit on Sproles! Hate to see a cheap shot like that.

The Eagles' long snapper gets hurt. TE Brent Celek is their backup, and he gets hurt. They are "auditioning" a LB on the sidelines! Why is the regular center or his backup not used for long snapping in this situation? If you practice snapping shotgun, seems like you're a lot closer to long snapping than a TE or LB. They wound up using 3rd string TE Burton to snap on the FG.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RG out of the gate 1/5 for 7 yards...smokin!

http://www.nfl.com/v...k-for-1-yard-TD

One from your fave.

12/28 for 104 yards and a pick in a "L" at home. Quite the debut.

Cleveland get all giddy your savior QB is RG ME is back in the pocket.

Let's go with a highlight from a QB that is a winner today....... On the road, against a division rival, to complete the season sweep of Phila. He earns a "W" for the Skins. He ends the 2 game skid. He is less than 200 yards shy of 4000 passing yards on the season. The Redskins have an honorable man at QB now boys....No HOF'r but plenty game ready most Sundays

Spoiler: only an 80 yarder. lol

http://www.nfl.com/v...desean jackson"

I know not perfectly in stride, but did still connect for about probably his 7th deep ball of the

season. Kirk "W. Moon " Cousins....lol

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs 

Not many saw the Houston statement win coming today in Indy did they ?

Ok here's an NFC East stat.

That makes 5 in a row over the Eagles.

What's with the low scoring bloodbath in Tampa? That is the AFC South no?

Jameis just got speared with a flagrant one.....no penalty call. That kid is maybe the toughest QB in the entire league.

What a lambasting at Lambeau.....who new Godgers was THAT pissed? Seattle D? Sure are hot and cold.

Com TIger I asked you twice before kickoff is your Falcon's was a strong lock right? You did not have a chance to get back to me.

42-7 at the start of the 4th quarter. lol Where is the stingy Rams D?

Jets with a sturdy comeback! C'mon win one for Bowles.

Jameis just got speared with a flagrant one.....no penalty call. That kid is maybe the toughest QB in the entire league.

What a lambasting at Lambeau.....who new Godgers was THAT pissed? Seattle D? Sure are hot and cold.

Com TIger I asked you twice before kickoff is your Falcon's was a strong lock right? You did not have a chance to get back to me.

Haha. Called it!

Titleist 907 D2 w/ V2 67
TM RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
Mizuno MP63 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM4 52 & 58
Odyssey Tour Fill 2 Ball
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1120495-commerce-tigers-odd-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Looks like the Lions will go to #2 in the NFC. Didn't see Seattle laying an egg, that's for sure. Tough road from here, but Detroit stands a chance in each game. GB and Minnesota each basically have to win out from here. Considering that they play each other still, one of them will get knocked out, probably setting up a Week 17 winner take all between GB and DET for the NFC north. I hope it doesn't come to that though!!

Some less than stellar officiating in Detroit today by Jeff Tripletts crew.

Clear hands to the face on the Bears, and they called it...... on the Lions. Oops.

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

Wow! Green Bay with the beat down of the Seahawks! Seattle is a different team on the road. If they don't score again today, they will have an anemic scoring average of 13.6 pts/gm when away from home. That includes games where they scored 3, 6, 5, and 3 pts! Wilson with 4 picks today! How can a talented, well-coached team be this bad after a plane ride?

The Lions, Bucs, or Falcons might just steal the #2 seed.

Looks like the Lions will go to #2 in the NFC. Didn't see Seattle laying an egg, that's for sure. Tough road from here, but Detroit stands a chance in each game. GB and Minnesota each basically have to win out from here. Considering that they play each other still, one of them will get knocked out, probably setting up a Week 17 winner take all between GB and DET for the NFC north. I hope it doesn't come to that though!!

Clear hands to the face on the Bears, and they called it...... on the Lions. Oops.

Eh, they are on the road vs Giants and Cowboys.

I would call them a long shot to get the #2 seed, not the favorite.

I just looked at the Seahawks schedule: home vs Rams, Cards, away vs 49ers. Despite vomiting all over themselves today, they are still the favorite. But, who knows? The Hawks didn't look like a deep playoff run was in their future, regardless of their seeding.

Eh, they are on the road vs Giants and Cowboys.

I would call them a long shot to get the #2 seed, not the favorite.

I just looked at the Seahawks schedule: home vs Rams, Cards, away vs 49ers. Despite vomiting all over themselves today, they are still the favorite. But, who knows? The Hawks didn't look like a deep playoff run was in their future, regardless of their seeding.

Yeah, I know....I didn't say they'd keep it, LOL. I think they can get the Giants and the Packers. Cowboys, don't think so as I don't think they can get enough pressure on Dak.

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

I like balt +7, bears +7.5, and the under 51.5 in NO/TB

Also sorta like the under 39.5 in vikings/Jax. Just think its gonna be like the Jax/Denver game

First line is what I am referring

You are 2 for 2 with the Ravens +7 tomorrow night for a perfect weekend. Nice picks sir.

Haha. Called it!

You sure nailed the outcome of your Dirty Birds . Without the trash late Rams TD you hit an exactamundo ! NICE

G men are alive right?

Oh they wait until the 4th quarter to move their a**.

Haha. Called it!

You sure nailed the outcome of your Dirty Birds . Without the trash late Rams TD you hit an exactamundo ! NICE

Got pretty close with the Titans and Packers too but everything else sucked

Titleist 907 D2 w/ V2 67
TM RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
Mizuno MP63 4-PW
Odyssey Tour Fill 2 Ball
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1120495-commerce-tigers-odd-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Haha. Called it!

Got pretty close with the Titans and Packers too but everything else sucked

Yes and you had not one bit of faith in my Redskins...That is five in a row over the other Dirty Bird team pal !

I haven't seen this many balls dropped since I worked at a stud farm.

This guy ^ take the stage and grab the mic Mr.

Crab the PM system is not working on my end. I just typed up a lengthy response to your latest PM and the WRX PM system

fried on me. I better not have to type it over again.

I did receive the last one you sent though.

Sorry to have to post personal garb on this thread...but hey we are all NFL Thread Frat Bros. here.

I just got notice it was finally sent Crab. 11:13 pm. Did you receive it?

Crab the PM system is not working on my end. I just typed up a lengthy response to your latest PM and the WRX PM system

Sorry to have to post personal garb on this thread...but hey we are all NFL Thread Frat Bros. here.

Touch, you said you asked me about the Falcons. Did you PM me or is it in this thread? I don't see any PMs from you

Titleist 907 D2 w/ V2 67
TM RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
Mizuno MP63 4-PW
Odyssey Tour Fill 2 Ball

haha Seahawks haha

WTF.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

Week 14

Pittsburgh vs Buffalo - Steelers look like they are hitting their stride. Taylor has been struggling for the Bills. Steelers 24 Bills 14

San Diego vs Carolina - Underachiever Special. Tough to go coast to coast (just ask Seattle week 12). Rivers has been dismal in the second half of games lately. TD/INT ratio is 14/4 in the 1st half of games vs 11/10 in the 2nd half. Costly 4th qtr INTs with the game in reach. 7 INTs in his last 3 games! Cam hasn't played well either. But, Carolina is, at least .500 at home. The Bolts have an interesting stat: -1 takeaway differential, which, at #19, is right around the average, except they are #1 in giveaways (25) and #2 in takeaways (24). Panthers 27 Chargers 24

Cincinnatti vs Cleveland - Roger Goodell's Dream Matchup! Ohio vs ohiO. Brown and orange vs brown and orange. In the snow and wind. Ugh! If the Browns are going to win a game this year, this might be the one. The 2008 Detroit Lions will be excited at the prospect of holding onto their record alone. I can't actually pick the Browns to win, though... Bengals 17 Browns 10

Chicago vs Detroit - Detroit has held their last 6 opponents to 20 points or less. Stafford has looked good in recent weeks, w/only 1 INT since week 4. They actually had a lead going into the 4th quarter last week! Lions at home 5-1, Bears away 0-6. Bears only chance is a 200 yd game from Jordan Howard. Lions 31 Bears 17

Houston vs Indianapolis - Colts looked like they were ready for a Super Bowl run last week versus the ... oh, that's right, it was the Jets. Still, they took care of business on the road. A must win game for the Colts, otherwise, the Texans will own the H2H tiebreaker. Texans have lost their last 3 games, averaging just 15pts/gm. Texans 1-5 on the road, make that 1-6... Colts 28 Texans 14

Denver vs Tennessee - Broncos not sure if Trevor Simien will be ready for action. Devontae Booker has only been averaging about 3 yds/carry the last 5 weeks. Denver's D, as good as they are vs the pass, are susceptible to the run. Titans are one of the best rushing teams in the league. Could go either way, but, with an injured Simien or Lynch starting, I'll say Titans 28 Broncos 27.

Minnesota vs Jacksonville - Here's the thing... the Jaguars will win another game this year, it's just a matter of whose season do they spoil. The Jaguars have the 2nd best pass defense in the NFL... that's not a typo... and the Vikings can't run the ball. I'm making this game my Upset Special. Jaguars 24 Vikings 20.

Arizona vs Miami - Sunburn in December Special. The Dolphins had their bubble burst last week, and the Cardinals are more talented than the Ravens. The Cards have been awful on the road (1-4). Miami has held serve at home (5-1). Hard to pick against David Johnson (MVP, BTW) & Co. in this matchup. Cardinals 23 Dolphins 20

New Orleans at Tampa Bay - Bucs have won their last 4 games (including Sea and KC), and are looking take the NFC South away from the Falcons. They have both Doug Martin and Jacquizz Rodgers back. Surprisingly, this is the first game between these teams this season. Tampa only 2-4 at home, but I think they have enough firepower to match points with the Saints. Bucs 32 Saints 28

Washington vs Philadelphia - Acela Express Special. The bloom is off the Carson Wentz rose. Savior to scapegoat in 9 weeks. Remember when he threw for 300 yds, 2 TDs and lead the Eagles to a 34-3 whipping of the Steelers? Yeah, me neither. But, I do remember the 3 INTs and 58.2 passer rating last week while losing to the Bengals. He'll be fine, but not this week. The Redskins are on a 2 game slide, but lost to 2 good teams on the road. Eagles have been tough at home, so no easy day for Cousins, but the Redskins should be hungry to stay in the wildcard hunt. Redskins 24 Eagles 23

New York vs San Francisco - Frequent flier miles are the only good thing coming out of this game. Mighty big carbon footprint for a 3 win team to fly across the country and take on a 1 win team in December. 49ers Whatever, Jets Who cares

Seattle vs Green Bay - The Pack pretty much need this game to keep hope alive for a playoff spot. Does Earl Thomas' injury open up some downfield shots for Rodgers and Nelson? 3-5 inches of snow in the forecast. Who makes the most end zone snow angels? I think Jimmy Graham... Seahawks 20 Packers 17

Atlanta vs Los Angeles - Falcons should hold serve against a pathetic Rams offense. Falcons 24 Rams 10

Dallas vs New York - Dallas has to stumble one of these weeks, right? The result of last week's game vs the Steelers was a little more indicative of how the Giants have looked all season, even though they've won 8 games. Giants lose JPP. Prescott has not thrown an INT since week 8, with an average passer rating of 121.6 in his last 5 games. Eli has a hard time not throwing the ball to a player on the other team 1 or 2 times/game - 6 picks in last 5 weeks. Cowboys 27 Giants 20

I'm out.

Game in upstate NY

Right. Pittsburgh gets the win in a pretty close game. Steelers cover 3 points 21-17

Carolina cold wind game

Wrong. I just can't keep thinking the Panthers are going to be somewhat competitive anymore, LUKE is still out, long travels for a

CA. team to an early east coast contest, but the Bolts get it done 23-16.

Battle of the Clevelands, Cincinnati's, Columbus', Canton's, a state that has to many C towns.

Right. All "not" that RG lll is starting for the Browns, the dog pound will see a cruddy QB at the controls for their team.

Bengals get it done in the Firestone Tire cup 24-13.

Chicago in the Motor City....

Black and Blue and not interested.

Houston at Indy

Right. H2H battle that will be decided late in the 4th...Indy at the checkered flag. I wouldn't lay 6.5 points like they are though.

No score prediction

Minny at the stadium with a kooky swimming pool. Don't care about this one.

LOVE this GAME

Arizona at the Orange Bowl kind of

Wrong.

"Zona is done folks, don't let last week's effort against the bad Redskin defense sway you.

Have you seen the Cars record in east coast games? Fins now a home dog and it did not start out with that line.

Take the points 2.5 and moneyline too. Dolphins 20-17.

Love this one TOO

Right. The home field is no advantage for Tampa yet they keep on rolling. Buccs 28- 24

NFC East bloody battle.

Right. Redskins almost give it away but find victory in the end in Liberty Bell city. Burgundy and Gold 23-17.

J-E-T-S in the gay capital of the US. Some boys like the bearded type. Like Crab says who cares.

Seattle at Lambeau

Right. I want the Pack to win bad to show us there back. Not happening. Seattle wins 29-19.

Dallas at Hoffa State Park

TBD

My two best bets are Tampa and Miami ...it's a nice Sunshine State two team parlay winner right there.

OHHH MY the Ravens at shave cream land stadium against the GOAT and his red, white and blue team.

I almost skipped that one. woops got confused on the night games..Dallas / Giants is the Sunday Night game.

So my Monday Night crystal ball says the following.

Everybody loves the Ravens and the juicy 6.5 - 7 points. I don't. Patriots win a nasty AFC battle. If handsome Tom does

not get knocked out by the mean Raven's defense, and he finishes the game....well the Foxborough fans will see

a Patriot win and cover. In the cold Mass. air Pats 27- 13. What is the over/under on Flacco's TD's in this one Crab?

ONE.

You see gents 3/4 of the way down in my picks I laid out a 2 favorite plays claim.

The Sunshine State two teamer hit. It was a close battle until the end in both games, but still a winner. If you played that Miami/ Tampa

parlay you get to cash that ticket.

Go to Nordstrom with your winnings and buy a cashmere sweater to ring in the new year with. Just don't get one in the Dolphin blue color.

Leave that to Don Shula to wear around Dade county.

Touch, you said you asked me about the Falcons. Did you PM me or is it in this thread? I don't see any PMs from you

Both. It is still in this thread if you want to hunt for it. It is probably 2 pages back. I also PM'd you in the middle of the week,

but cleared out my PM's to have a clean mailbox so that one got erased. Thanks for checking with me Matty Ice. I appreciate

the NFL contributions you bring.

The one where you asked me if I was a practicing voodoo chieftain? Got that.

And, no you don't need a license outside the state of Louisiana.

Well, Mike Tomlin is the youngest Stiller coach to 100 wins, getting it done in his 10th season, 100-57.

He also is one of three Stiller coaches to reach 100 wins, joining Chaz and The Jaw...

Oh yea, the Burgh is the only NFL franchise with three coaches with 100+ wins

Say what you will about the Pittsburgh Stillers, though one thing that doesn't need said is that over the past 45 years, they've had only three HC's and they've done one thing baby :)

Win.....

Fairways & Greens 4ever

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

The one where you asked me if I was a practicing voodoo chieftain? Got that.

And, no you don't need a license outside the state of Louisiana.

You and Tom call Comedy Central in the AM

As a Redskins fan I do not like either team that played tonight obviously.

Was an unusual game indeed.

A tip of the cap to the Giants Defense is in order.

Yay somebody finally beat the Cowboys.

The Giants swept Dallas? Get outta here with that s***.

Skins sink deeper in the NFC East Picture...boooo

Philly the basement of the NFC East is all yours..lol

This still should not be allowed in the NFL. That is the brothers with the braids so long they cover their numbers. Cover your name

is long enough for your style. Larry Fitz is just beyond acceptable.

Biggest story tomorrow has to be the Seahawks.

Eli is really goofy still.....I know the rings and the two Brady defeats.