Which PGA Tour players are cool off the course? Which aren't?

longshot300

High guys, my name is Saffron, I'm Maddie's BFF and I am the girl that Maddie was speaking of and I believe that she posted a pic from a girls recent night out, lol. I'm with her on the lesson tee and thought I'd say hi :) Look, I saw a different side of Freddie. I saw a man come a half an hour to an hour early to take my boys because he said 12 boys and girls was too many for one teacher. I saw a man spend hundreds of dollars on pizza drinks and then he had an ice cream truck show up and he ended up picking up the tab for about 20-25 because there were another 10-15 kids at the park. I also understand Richard's view and I've know Richard for 15+ years and as an only child he has been like a big brother to me. Literally. He has a huge heart. So does Freddie. They just March to different drummers. Besides, life would be sooo booring if we all marched to the same drummer, lol. Take care guys. You have a great forum!!! :) Saff

Agree completely. Party in LA Freddie paid for every thing 5 people all night.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only met two and both of them were pretty awesome.

Best one was Ernie Els.

I was down in Phoenix as usually for the Phoenix open and me and my brother are at this place called barcelonas. Anyways a few guys come and ask me if I'm Ernie Els? Apparently we look somewhat alike. I said no and then a few girls came and asked so I definitely said yes this time. Anyways we are drinking away having an amazing time and I'm signing people's hats, taking photos with couples, just being a great ambassador for the game and who saddles up to the bar with out me noticing. The real Ernie Els. Well he comes over and asks for an autograph as I turn around from signing a girls bossoms. Coolest guy ever though. Wasn't mad at all and just laughed and said he wished he had as much fun being Ernie as I did. Had a few bevies and he ended up somewhat teaching me his autograph and then for the rest of the night made me give non authentic Ernie Els autographs to whom ever he chose. One of the best nights of my life was being Ernies bi+;$.

This is incredibly amazing. BUSTED!

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

I work in film and my friend related a story about Ernie Els. It was his first day on the job as a PA (lowest job on film totem pole) and he had to go pick Ernie up for a shoot. His only job was to get him there. He's driving one of those big white cube trucks and gets to Ernies place and Ernie says "hey I just got this new Maserati I want to drive it so how about I follow you there?" Friend says cool and as they hit the freeway Ernie just gasses it, see ya bye bye. Friend is freaking out because he can't keep up and has screwed up his ONLY task on his first day. He doesn't even know if Ernie knows where the set is. So he drives to the exit, freaking out and Ernie is waiting for him on the shoulder, waves him down and said, "how about you show me the way?" He follows my friend to the set, tells everyone how amazing he is, does the shoot, hangs around for beers with the crew and makes full sure my friend gets all this credit.

On another note, same friend worked a shoot with Mickelson and the director asked him during the shoot, "what's the worst thing about being a PGA pro?" He said, "being here, doing these crappy commercials". Full crew there and just doing their jobs. Really?? FU. Take him with a grain of salt after hearing that and I'm a Sun Devil born and raised....

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

What did Freddie say/do to one of her peers?

I realize you might not want to say.

Was it just being condescending?

Yes, condescending, rude and arrogant-

The kid was a Class A Intern at our Club along with bein a super guy and a hell of a Player as he would go on in later years and win the Fuhrer Invitational, along with 3 other district tourneys and a T27 in the local Web.com event and just under $100k for the year along with District POY.

Well, Freddie was Havin trouble finding his locker as members gave up theirs for the tourney and they put these nice hanging brass name plates with their full names, and so he approaches this kid as all the attendants were helping other Players and guys like CH III, Vijay were standing waiting for an attendant but apparently Freddie didn't wanna wait so he sees the kid, who's dressed like a Pro, not one of the LR Attendants and asks, "do you work here," and the kid said "yes" and I quote "how bout getting me a damn locker."

Well, they were walking towards my locker isle and I heard the kid answer yes though I didn't know to what then I heard Freddie's response, then they crossed my isle so I stood and said "excuse me," and both looked at me and I stood with one golf shoe on one off and walked towards em looking at Freddie and I said "#1, he's a Pro just like you and #2, you don't demand his assistance" and I was in front of him to the the point that he took two steps back.

I looked at the kid and asked him if he'd warmed up yet and he said that he was in fact on his way to meet Maddie on the tee to hit some wedges. I wished him well and patted his shoulder, looked at Freddie and told him he could either wait for an attendant or find his own locker. I was in full throttle a**h** mode and I asked "do we understand each other," and I sort if moved forward and he backed up again and said "yea, I get it."

End of encounter-

Oh yea, the kid tied Freddie with a 66.

It burns me to say it but Freddie has our course record of 63, because he topped my BB Partner, great friend and a hell of a Player by 1 stroke as Chuckie had the record for 21 years-

Boy, I hope someone breaks his damn record, LMAO

Stay Well My Friend :)

My Best,

RP

Great story - well, not that part about him being rude, but about you standing up for the Class A Intern and him shooting a 66!

Watching how people treat those they feel are "under" them can tell you a lot about a person, for sure.

Again, not that one incident makes a man, but if one of my friends/family members said something like that when I was around, I'd be embarrassed.

The kid was a Class A Intern at our Club along with bein a super guy and a hell of a Player as he would go on in later years and win the Fuhrer Invitational, along with 3 other district tourneys and a T27 in the local Web.com event and just under $100k for the year along with District POY.

Well, Freddie was Havin trouble finding his locker as members gave up theirs for the tourney and they put these nice hanging brass name plates with their full names, and so he approaches this kid as all the attendants were helping other Players and guys like CH III, Vijay were standing waiting for an attendant but apparently Freddie didn't wanna wait so he sees the kid, who's dressed like a Pro, not one of the LR Attendants and asks, "do you work here," and the kid said "yes" and I quote "how bout getting me a damn locker."

Well, they were walking towards my locker isle and I heard the kid answer yes though I didn't know to what then I heard Freddie's response, then they crossed my isle so I stood and said "excuse me," and both looked at me and I stood with one golf shoe on one off and walked towards em looking at Freddie and I said "#1, he's a Pro just like you and #2, you don't demand his assistance" and I was in front of him to the the point that he took two steps back.

I looked at the kid and asked him if he'd warmed up yet and he said that he was in fact on his way to meet Maddie on the tee to hit some wedges. I wished him well and patted his shoulder, looked at Freddie and told him he could either wait for an attendant or find his own locker. I was in full throttle a**h** mode and I asked "do we understand each other," and I sort if moved forward and he backed up again and said "yea, I get it."

End of encounter-

It burns me to say it but Freddie has our course record of 63, because he topped my BB Partner, great friend and a hell of a Player by 1 stroke as Chuckie had the record for 21 years-

My Best,

RP

Great story - well, not that part about him being rude, but about you standing up for the Class A Intern and him shooting a 66!

Watching how people treat those they feel are "under" them can tell you a lot about a person, for sure.

Again, not that one incident makes a man, but if one of my friends/family members said something like that when I was around, I'd be embarrassed.

YUP! Now that sounds more like the guy that my wife and I observed. We are not friends with nor do we know any professional golfers. However we both play golf, have a good education and have good manners. It was those three things which enabled us know that this Couples guy was very crass and crude. :rolleyes:

Everything in Moderation, Keep it Simple, Less is Best
G10 Pings - D 9*, 3W 15.5*, H 18*, 4-PW, 50*, 54*, 58*
Redwood Zing
Titleist ProV1

Sam Snead......I was working at a resort that hosted a golf tournament. The fact that I had some knowledge of golf out side of the pro shop apparently made me qualified to run the "player hospitality". Well....an honorary starter was Mr. Sneed. There was a frost delay and I decided to sneak out back to smoke a cigarette. As soon as I look up after lighting up I am face to face with this dude who is older than my father (at the time) and built like a linebacker! With a big a** smile on his face he sticks out his hand and says "How do you do son, my name is Sam." At the time I knew who he was but I had no idea of his epic accomplishments......and I wasn't supposed to be smoking. All I knew about him was that every sleezy pawn shop that I had ever been in had a rack full of clubs with his name on them. He was as nice as he could be and all I wanted to do was get out of there. I still kick myself in the a** over that one. A one on one with Sam Snead.......my God, how stupid was I! And he wasn't just trying to be nice, he actually was bored and wanted to talk.

I think this is the first story I have ever heard about Snead that was positive. I've heard only awful stories about Snead over the years from people.

RH

Sam Snead......I was working at a resort that hosted a golf tournament. The fact that I had some knowledge of golf out side of the pro shop apparently made me qualified to run the "player hospitality". Well....an honorary starter was Mr. Sneed. There was a frost delay and I decided to sneak out back to smoke a cigarette. As soon as I look up after lighting up I am face to face with this dude who is older than my father (at the time) and built like a linebacker! With a big a** smile on his face he sticks out his hand and says "How do you do son, my name is Sam." At the time I knew who he was but I had no idea of his epic accomplishments......and I wasn't supposed to be smoking. All I knew about him was that every sleezy pawn shop that I had ever been in had a rack full of clubs with his name on them. He was as nice as he could be and all I wanted to do was get out of there. I still kick myself in the a** over that one. A one on one with Sam Snead.......my God, how stupid was I! And he wasn't just trying to be nice, he actually was bored and wanted to talk.

I think this is the first story I have ever heard about Snead that was positive. I've heard only awful stories about Snead over the years from people.

RH

You obviously have not read any of mine, and yea, he could cop an attitude however if I had a nickel for every yahoo who approached him and I'm not even gonna go into it however I will say this-

If you haven't met the man, if you haven't spent time with the man, you don't know the man~

There are a ton of positive stories and not just from me or this Gent but Lumber has some as do a lot of people-

I'm not gonna apologize for the the Man because he needs none, especially from me or for anyone on this board, lmao

You've NEVER heard a good story about Sam????????

WoW, you Bein a stats geek, that's damn near a statistical improbability wouldn't ya say, lmao?

Great post though!!!

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

End of encounter-

My Best,

RP

Wow you're Superman :superman: :superman2:

Thanks, but not really.....

Kryptonite doesn't mean .............. to me and my RL gear's pink :)

Have a nice weekend :)

Golfingly Yours,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

RH

For all of the Players and Pros that you have been around, I find this extremely surprising. Sam was a very kind man and yes, he could get ornery if he felt someone had ulterior motives or an agenda, and as Richard said, and obviously he spent more time around him however Sam would do some incredibly kind acts and he DEMANDED that Richard and Pete NEVER speak of them publicly. Both have honored that. The first positive story ever?? HaHa, ok :) M

Have been in company of many pros over the years, with some interactions as extremely positive, others, not so much. Much rather focus on positive interactions- Rickie Fowler, Tony Finau, Justin Rose, and Paul Casey all impressed me with their consistent and genuine demeanors without concern for whether interaction was public or not during my time in Hawaii.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

I'll add another story, about hockey players, which the OP alluded to.

If you are a hockey fan, you know who Mark Johnson is. Two years ago, my then 12-year-old daughter was playing with a girls U12 team in a girls tournament in Vail. The tournament was sponsored by the two local host teams from the area. Part of the tournament's draw was that they had four D1 women's teams playing college games that weekend, one of which was the University of Wisconsin. Mark Johnson is the head coach of that team. At the tournament's conclusion, the UW team and Mr. Johnson were hosting a small private clinic for the host teams. My wife was up there with my daughter and her team, and they had to come back through an awful storm to get home. They decided to wait it out until later in the day when the heavy stuff had passed through. Well, the UW team told our girls to go get their gear back on and join the host teams in the clinic, since they had to stick around, anyway.

The UW players, and in particular Mark Johnson, were incredibly gracious and accommodating. Mr. Johnson talked with all of the kids and parents one-one-one, signed autographs and took pictures with them, and always had a smile on his face. For one who achieved such greatness and starred on such a huge stage, he is as humble as your next door neighbor. He dealt with the kids on the ice just as us hockey coach dads do, interacting directly and constantly with all of them, just as though he was their youth team coach, and they his players. His was not a celebrity appearance. He was fully engaged and as attentive as you would expect your daughter's regular coach to be. What a wonderful man and ambassador for the game, unspoiled and unfazed by his success.

Notable exceptions exist, but in general famous golfers and hockey players seem to be among the best folk.

If you are a hockey fan, you know who Mark Johnson is. Two years ago, my then 12-year-old daughter was playing with a girls U12 team in a girls tournament in Vail. The tournament was sponsored by the two local host teams from the area. Part of the tournament's draw was that they had four D1 women's teams playing college games that weekend, one of which was the University of Wisconsin. Mark Johnson is the head coach of that team. At the tournament's conclusion, the UW team and Mr. Johnson were hosting a small private clinic for the host teams. My wife was up there with my daughter and her team, and they had to come back through an awful storm to get home. They decided to wait it out until later in the day when the heavy stuff had passed through. Well, the UW team told our girls to go get their gear back on and join the host teams in the clinic, since they had to stick around, anyway.

The UW players, and in particular Mark Johnson, were incredibly gracious and accommodating. Mr. Johnson talked with all of the kids and parents one-one-one, signed autographs and took pictures with them, and always had a smile on his face. For one who achieved such greatness and starred on such a huge stage, he is as humble as your next door neighbor. He dealt with the kids on the ice just as us hockey coach dads do, interacting directly and constantly with all of them, just as though he was their youth team coach, and they his players. His was not a celebrity appearance. He was fully engaged and as attentive as you would expect your daughter's regular coach to be. What a wonderful man and ambassador for the game.

Notable exceptions exist, but in general famous golfers and hockey players seem to be among the best folk.

My second favorite story :)

Thanks a lot for posting!!

Stay Well My Friend & have a great season :)

All the Best,

Richard

The UW players, and in particular Mark Johnson, were incredibly gracious and accommodating. Mr. Johnson talked with all of the kids and parents one-one-one, signed autographs and took pictures with them, and always had a smile on his face. For one who achieved such greatness and starred on such a huge stage, he is as humble as your next door neighbor. He dealt with the kids on the ice just as us hockey coach dads do, interacting directly and constantly with all of them, just as though he was their youth team coach, and they his players. His was not a celebrity appearance. He was fully engaged and as attentive as you would expect your daughter's regular coach to be. What a wonderful man and ambassador for the game.

All the Best,

Richard

And many thanks and cheers to you, Richard!!

All the Best,

Richard

Richard: I've been on Golfwrx since 2006 and I have certainly read and enjoyed your many posts, however I don't really know your background. Are you or were you a Professional golfer and were you on one of the Tours? :huh:

Redwood Zing
Titleist ProV1

The UW players, and in particular Mark Johnson, were incredibly gracious and accommodating. Mr. Johnson talked with all of the kids and parents one-one-one, signed autographs and took pictures with them, and always had a smile on his face. For one who achieved such greatness and starred on such a huge stage, he is as humble as your next door neighbor. He dealt with the kids on the ice just as us hockey coach dads do, interacting directly and constantly with all of them, just as though he was their youth team coach, and they his players. His was not a celebrity appearance. He was fully engaged and as attentive as you would expect your daughter's regular coach to be. What a wonderful man and ambassador for the game, unspoiled and unfazed by his success.

that is a great story

Driver- TITLEIST TSr1 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CALLAWAY Jaws Raw Black SF 95
Putter- SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 9.5

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

If you are a hockey fan, you know who Mark Johnson is. Two years ago, my then 12-year-old daughter was playing with a girls U12 team in a girls tournament in Vail. The tournament was sponsored by the two local host teams from the area. Part of the tournament's draw was that they had four D1 women's teams playing college games that weekend, one of which was the University of Wisconsin. Mark Johnson is the head coach of that team. At the tournament's conclusion, the UW team and Mr. Johnson were hosting a small private clinic for the host teams. My wife was up there with my daughter and her team, and they had to come back through an awful storm to get home. They decided to wait it til later in the day when the heavy stuff had passed through. Well, the UW team told our girls to go get their gear back on and join the host teams in the clinic, since they had to stick around, anyway.

All the Best,

Richard

Richard: I've been on Golfwrx since 2006 and I have certainly read and enjoyed your many posts, however I don't really know your background. Are you or were you a Professional golfer and were you on one of the Tours? :huh:

As Richard is quiet, reserved and soft spoken, I'll answer this as he is in his IVs and they sedated him so he will not be yapping for an hour or so, haha. No, Richard never Played professionally, though did Play collegiate football. Our Teacher, Pete, fondly described him as "a LB masquerading as a Player," lol. Richard was a fine amateur Player. Since I've known him, his lowest handicap was +3.7 though from 1993-1996, when he won the last two of his four clubs, he was as low as +3.9. I will use his description as he would say that he was a better than average Player's club Club Champion. He does not nor has he ever considered himself "elite" as he puts the Nathan Smiths, Sean Knapps and Duke Delchers in that class, though he did beat the last two in MP. Regarding his experiences, he just says that he got dropped in a decent crib and took advantage of opportunities when they presented themselves, as far as meeting people, networking and what really struck me initially about Richard is that he has a "quiet" confidence, where as 98% of the other guys were either intimidated or they considered themselves playas, lol. Not Richard. He was attractive, articulate, very polite and reserved when he initially meets someone or is in a new situation. He is very comfortable with you all and Saff and my other friend were amazed at how much he's revealed on the board and both learned hings about him here that they never knew, especially Saff, who looks at Richard like a big brother, and she thought that she knew him, lol. Professionally speaking, after he got his MBA, he went with a strategic consulting firm in their healthcare group Since he basically has spent most of his life in and around ORs, hospitals and healthcare. He went out on his on his own in 1992 When he got his orthopedic implant distributorship, which he grew from a start up to a $3.6M dollar, 17 employee company. He also bought his first bar in 1996, and while he sold out his interest in his implant company in 2009 following his first bout of cancer, he has always kept his hand in the bar business, as that is his first love. Well, I hope that that answered your question(s) and apologies if I rambled, lol. Yes, its communicable :) Maddie

On another note, same friend worked a shoot with Mickelson and the director asked him during the shoot, "what's the worst thing about being a PGA pro?" He said, "being here, doing these crappy commercials". Full crew there and just doing their jobs. Really?? FU. Take him with a grain of salt after hearing that and I'm a Sun Devil born and raised....

Did you expect him to list dating NBA cheerleader, making millions, and getting to play golf every day?:) That being said do you know if this was early Phil or later Phil? He seems a bit mellower these days.

I also tend to have a slightly different standard for the under 25 or so crowd than the 30 plus ones. Lots of kids just need a bit of maturity to turn into decent people. But some never take that step.

Did you expect him to list dating NBA cheerleader, making millions, and getting to play golf every day? :) That being said do you know if this was early Phil or later Phil? He seems a bit mellower these days.

I also tend to have a slightly different standard for the under 25 or so crowd than the 30 plus ones. Lots of kids just need a bit of maturity to turn into decent people. But some never take that step.

would expect him to be a little humble not a word not allowed in front of the crew.

If you are a hockey fan, you know who Mark Johnson is. Two years ago, my then 12-year-old daughter was playing with a girls U12 team in a girls tournament in Vail. The tournament was sponsored by the two local host teams from the area. Part of the tournament's draw was that they had four D1 women's teams playing college games that weekend, one of which was the University of Wisconsin. Mark Johnson is the head coach of that team. At the tournament's conclusion, the UW team and Mr. Johnson were hosting a small private clinic for the host teams. My wife was up there with my daughter and her team, and they had to come back through an awful storm to get home. They decided to wait it til later in the day when the heavy stuff had passed through. Well, the UW team told our girls to go get their gear back on and join the host teams in the clinic, since they had to stick around, anyway.

All the Best,

Richard

As Richard is quiet, reserved and soft spoken, I'll answer this as he is in his IVs and they sedated him so he will not be yapping for an hour or so, haha. No, Richard never Played professionally, though did Play collegiate football. Our Teacher, Pete, fondly described him as "a LB masquerading as a Player," lol. Richard was a fine amateur Player. Since I've known him, his lowest handicap was +3.7 though from 1993-1996, when he won the last two of his four clubs, he was as low as +3.9. I will use his description as he would say that he was a better than average Player's club Club Champion. He does not nor has he ever considered himself "elite" as he puts the Nathan Smiths, Sean Knapps and Duke Delchers in that class, though he did beat the last two in MP. Regarding his experiences, he just says that he got dropped in a decent crib and took advantage of opportunities when they presented themselves, as far as meeting people, networking and what really struck me initially about Richard is that he has a "quiet" confidence, where as 98% of the other guys were either intimidated or they considered themselves playas, lol. Not Richard. He was attractive, articulate, very polite and reserved when he initially meets someone or is in a new situation. He is very comfortable with you all and Saff and my other friend were amazed at how much he's revealed on the board and both learned hings about him here that they never knew, especially Saff, who looks at Richard like a big brother, and she thought that she knew him, lol. Professionally speaking, after he got his MBA, he went with a strategic consulting firm in their healthcare group Since he basically has spent most of his life in and around ORs, hospitals and healthcare. He went out on his on his own in 1992 When he got his orthopedic implant distributorship, which he grew from a start up to a $3.6M dollar, 17 employee company. He also bought his first bar in 1996, and while he sold out his interest in his implant company in 2009 following his first bout of cancer, he has always kept his hand in the bar business, as that is his first love. Well, I hope that that answered your question(s) and apologies if I rambled, lol. Yes, its communicable :) Maddie

Well thank you for that Maddie. I certainly have noticed that he has many friends on the forum and I correctly assumed that he was a good player. As for +3.9.....That could only be something that I would possibly dream about! (LOL) Thanks again. Rony

Redwood Zing
Titleist ProV1

I have had the opportunity to meet a few PGA Tour pros over the years. Ben Crenshaw was as nice and courteous as you can imagine. Nick Price as well, very classy gentleman. Matt Kuchar practices at our club when he's working with his coach and he has always been very friendly. Ran into David Duval a couple of times and he was really funny. Brittany Lang from the LPGA is one of the sweetest ladies I've ever met. Very down to earth, always extremely nice to everyone she sees at the club (including the cart staff). I briefly talked to Greg Norman when I was a kid right after he finished his round at Colonial. I asked him for his autograph and how he played that day and his response was "S***ty mate, s***ty." Then he smiled, signed my hat, and patted me on the back. Pretty cool stuff for a 12-year old kid. He obviously didn't have his best day on the course and could have blown me off but didn't.

I have had the opportunity to meet a few PGA Tour pros over the years. Ben Crenshaw was as nice and courteous as you can imagine.

One of my favorite moments from last years Masters was the announcers talking about Crenshaw after he tee'd off on 13 - camera pans to him, and there he is - ripping a heater. Like a boss.

I've met a couple.

GMac - GREAT guy. Very personable.

Ernie - GREAT guy. Very personable.

Trevor Immelman - Very impersonal. Loner. Doesn't want or like interaction.

Retief Goosen - Very impersonal. Loner. Doesn't want or like interaction.

Fulton Allem - Probably one of the worst human beings I have ever had the displeasure of meeting.

Jim Thorpe - Right up there with Allem. No wonder they get along.

Troy Merrit - Very down to earth. Played $5 blackjack with him in Vegas

Gary Player - Has no problem conversing with you. Had long chats with him at Augusta while he was playing a practice round.

Patrick Sheenan. Very down to earth. Very friendly.

"Some emotions cannot be endured with a golf club in your hand." - Bobby Jones

Fulton Allem - Probably one of the worst human beings I have ever had the displeasure of meeting.

That surprises me. I had met and talked to Fulty quite a few times back in the 90's and he was super super nice. Even gave me a driver of his for free.

RH

Did you expect him to list dating NBA cheerleader, making millions, and getting to play golf every day? :) That being said do you know if this was early Phil or later Phil? He seems a bit mellower these days.

would expect him to be a little humble not a word not allowed in front of the crew.

Phil is odd. I remember in the late 90's/early 2000's people seemed pretty pro-Tiger and anti-Phil. I felt like Phil had somewhat of a bad rep.

Then he really turned it all around.

Some if it was perceived as fake, but I think he was helped by the fact that his peers really seem to like him, especially the younger generation.

I really have no idea what to make of Phil. I know a guy who belongs to the same club as Phil and this guy can't stand him. Now the guy who said this is a bit of a pain in the a** as well so I don't know who's the bad guy here. I was always more of a Phil fan than a Phil hater. Most pros written about here seem to create a certain response one way or the other by the people who have met them. But Phil seems to waver between great guy to awful guy.

RH

Ya know, that more that I thought about this, this really surprises me. I had met, talked to and Played with Sammy quite a few times back in the 70-90's, and he was super super super nice. Even gave me a few drivers and a putter of his for free(you know, versus tryin to sell em to me, lmao ;) )

RP

I have been a prfoessional comedian for nearly 40 years and most of my peers think they are far funnier than they actually are and very few have an off switch. I have done many charity days on golf courses and I have not met that many pros on the Australasian Tour but the ones I met seemed courteous and friendly.

On the other hand, I play with a few gun golfers with low handicaps and I tend to find these guys are like Doctors - they think because they are good at one thing, they know everything. They forget it's a sport and they also seem to think that anyone with a handicap over 10 doesn't know anything about golf and is not entitled to an opinion. I am sure ya'll know guys like that. I hasten to add that the few pros I have done the gigs with were not like that.

Kind regards,

Rob

That wasnt funny.

more jokes please.

LOL JK!!! :taunt:

Okay, but only as a request - and this is actually true. I have no idea if this guy ever plays golf but one of my colleagues (Stand Up Comic) here in Sydney would certainly get a mention on this thread if he did. At one stage he had a convertible red sports car (very Freddie, this guy) with personalised number plates of his name - CLINT. You probably guessed already, but I worked with this dude and when he was was on stage, I whipped out with a black texta marker and altered his personalised plates to reflect a more honest view of reality. It took a couple of days before I got home to find a message on my answering machine - for some reason he seemed to be chanting the alterations I had made. :-)

Kind regards,

Rob

(Apologise in advance to anyone offended of either sex but I am willing to bet - had you been there, had you known the guy, had the thought occurred ...)

I have been a prfoessional comedian for nearly 40 years and most of my peers think they are far funnier than they actually are and very few have an off switch. I have done many charity days on golf courses and I have not met that many pros on the Australasian Tour but the ones I met seemed courteous and friendly.

On the other hand, I play with a few gun golfers with low handicaps and I tend to find these guys are like Doctors - they think because they are good at one thing, they know everything. They forget it's a sport and they also seem to think that anyone with a handicap over 10 doesn't know anything about golf and is not entitled to an opinion. I am sure ya'll know guys like that. I hasten to add that the few pros I have done the gigs with were not like that.

Kind regards,

Rob

That wasnt funny.

more jokes please.

LOL JK!!! :taunt:

Okay, but only as a request - and this is actually true. I have no idea if this guy ever plays golf but one of my colleagues (Stand Up Comic) here in Sydney would certainly get a mention on this thread if he did. At one stage he had a convertible red sports car (very Freddie, this guy) with personalised number plates of his name - CLINT. You probably guessed already, but I worked with this dude and when he was was on stage, I whipped out with a black texta marker and altered his personalised plates to reflect a more honest view of reality. It took a couple of days before I got home to find a message on my answering machine - for some reason he seemed to be chanting the alterations I had made. :-)

Kind regards,

Rob

(Apologise in advance to anyone offended of either sex but I am willing to bet - had you been there, had you known the guy, had the thought occurred ...)

Guaranteed I would've, lol. Bro, I'd love to roll with you for an evening-

I'm pretty sure that we'd make some memories and have thread worthy evening, to say the least, LMAO~

Have a great Season My Friend :)

As Always~

Fairways & Greens 4ever,

Richard

So you want him to lie?:) Obviously it is all about how something is said. Saying "making these crappy commericials)" goes off a lot better if you follow it up with "I am a great golfer but a crappy actor" than "It is interfering with my whoring".:)

Of course whenever I think of Phil, I think of http://montescheinblum.com/blog/2009/06/11/the-day-we-made-phil-mickelson-cry/ . Think of how many people realize they were asses when they were teenagers and are willing to admit it.