2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Which PGA Tour players are cool off the course? Which aren't?

longshot300

I was playing in my city tournament about 10 years ago and was paired in the final round with the west coast manager for Bridgestone Golf. We were talking during the round and he told me a story of filming a commercial at a private club with Fred Couples and Nick Price. He said that when the filming concluded, Fred just split, while Nick Price stayed and knocked back a few cold ones with the members. He said Nick Price was one of the all time good guys.

I've heard the same about Price when he use to play at Firestone CC in the NEC. Guy in our group was locker room attendant. Nothing but goods things about Price.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a few beers w Wayne Player ( really cool guy ) and it was a few months after the Tiger Woods incident. He said back in the day Palmer would have made Woods look like a saint.

I have heard that same thing many time before. Interesting how one is a saint and the other has been vilified beyond believe.

Well, Arnold Palmer is in his mid 80's. You'd have to be a giant you know what to start calling out a guy in his mid 80's for alleged transgressions that happened probably 60 years ago.

You also don't hear of really anyone having negative interactions with the guy. It wasn't the same road for Tiger. So you had a lot of people who couldn't wait to throw him under the bus when he got exposed.

The whole notion of cheating on one's spouse does bring up an interesting thought.

Country clubs are probably full of guys who have taken their vows and gone ahead and cheated anyway, probably the highest disrespect you could show anyone. Yet if someone at their club were to wear the wrong attire into the dining room, it would set them over the edge. Go figure, right?

Instead of thinking of it as a slander of Arnie, think of it as a comment on different times. There were different rules and so on. As for the thought that Tiger disrepect his wife publicly, that is an arguement that either he was a poor cheater (i.e. got caught) or married a gal that wouldn't take it (imagine Arnies wife knew that he was cheating and just accepted it. Think of JFK's wife for an example of that.) And to to make it an inflamatory thread: Tiger never cheated to win a major:). Seriously can you imagine what would have happened in the 1958 masters happened today. We would all be staring at HD video and reading a zillion people tweeting about their experience.

I am trying to think of any top guy (we are talking the Kobes, Federer, Lebron, top movie stars,...) type superstars that don't end up with a pretty isolated approach. It might be pretty unavoidable these day when you get to that level of fame that applies to like 5 tour players (seriously other than Tiger, Phil, Rory, and maybe Ricky, how many other PGA pros would get recognized walking down the street?) where showing up in public causes comotions.

So fans moving a boulder for Tiger ok in your book?

Arnie forced a ruling in '58, he didn't cheat. Sheesh, let it go already.

Kooch! Great guy. Saw him in an airport last year at checkin. He had his kids climbing all over him and had about 10 bags, 3 of his crap with his name on it (surprisingly) and then the rest his family's stuff. It was a clown show. I knew immediately it was him and told my wife, I desperately wanted to chat him up, But said, "ehh I'll leave him alone" he was clearly swamped with the family circus (and I know how fun that is).

So I get up to the checkin kiosk, it's right next to Kuch, and admittedly distracted I am putting my credit card in upside down. The monitor isn't reading it. My wife is like, "what's going on? What are you doing?" I'm like getting frustrated at this point. Slamming my card in and out of the thing, backwards, like doing it faster is going to make it work. And Kuch comes over to me, kids climbing all over the place, he's like, "Hey buddy, your card, it's backwards, here take it like this" (lol probably thinking what a dumb@$$), but nice as could be. Then I let it all spill out about wow yay you're Matt Kuchar! Awesome! Thanks bud! Chatted him up he was heading to his next tour stop on the same flight.. Was sort of surprised he was flying commercial but had the first two rows in business class for his family. Anyway great dude.

Boy that Freddie tee in mouth, walking around with that smug pimp limp between holes, and behaving as if he's Michael Jordon after hitting a game winner makes a lot more sense now. Wish all these middle aged clowns would stop playing into it by kissing his Word not allowed screaming lets go boom boom every hole. Yikes. Guess money, looks, talent, and fame still can't buy you class.

I agree however I will also say that there are obviously people who have had good experiences with Freddie and please don't be inclined not to post them here as there are many sides to every single one of us and I can promise you that I and I feel comfortable speaking for Maddie here, however we would never respond or belittle someone's experience regardless who it is with. She just stated her experience with him and while I've had a few others, I will just leave it at for me to say something to someone, they've got to be pretty damn rude and I only will say/do something when I feel that someone in "authority" or with the upper hand belittles someone else, especially a service industry employee who is trying their best to serve and to please.

That being said, Freddie, like all of us, has those that he treats great and if you're one of them please don't hesitate to speak of your encounter or experience :)

Have a nice day :)

My Best,

RP

I had a really cool experience with Couples. An old roommate that had a cup of coffee on tour was friends with him, and we had an awesome evening "out" one night.

Of course, I was 21 and you might imagine what I considered "cool" back then. Hey, it's legal all over now...

I grew up in Jupiter Florida before it was known as the pga tour players paradise. Anyway my buddy opened up a healthy smoothie and fruit bowl shop that Rickie fowler recently use to attend. The guy my buddy opened the shop with was a total dick. Rickie was in the shop grabbing something and someone brought in a dog to grab a pick up order. As the people were leaving the guy came running out of the front of the store yelling don't bring your dog in here!!! Rickie walked out and told the guy he will never go in his store again and that his customer service sucks. My buddy got a new partner and left that business but I thought that was pretty cool of Rickie. I will also add Jupiter is a small beach town nobody cares about dogs and this guy went out of his way to be an a******. Also got lucky enough to play the medalist. Tiger teed off right behind me and my buddy who got me on. We let him play through he was over the top polite about it. He made eye contact several times and said thank you before he got on the green, and then again after. My childhood friend works for Ernie he is apparently as nice and humble of a guy as you'll ever meet.

I grew up in Jupiter Florida before it was known as the pga tour players paradise. Anyway my buddy opened up a healthy smoothie and fruit bowl shop that Rickie fowler recently use to attend. The guy my buddy opened the shop with was a total dick. Rickie was in the shop grabbing something and someone brought in a dog to grab a pick up order. As the people were leaving the guy came running out of the front of the store yelling don't bring your dog in here!!! Rickie walked out and told the guy he will never go in his store again and that his customer service sucks. My buddy got a new partner and left that business but I thought that was pretty cool of Rickie. I will also add Jupiter is a small beach town nobody cares about dogs and this guy went out of his way to be an a******. Also got lucky enough to play the medalist. Tiger teed off right behind me and my buddy who got me on. We let him play through he was over the top polite about it. He made eye contact several times and said thank you before he got on the green, and then again after. My childhood friend works for Ernie he is apparently as nice and humble of a guy as you'll ever meet.

Man, you grew up a lot of times........ :stink:

Man, you grew up a lot of times........ :stink:

Parallel universes, or multiple re-incarnations? :dntknw:

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

Really?

Really?

Really?

Really?

Oh, and really? See another one.

Anyway, thanks for posting positive anecdotes, because that's what this thread should be about.

I'd bet that Payne Stewart was about as cool as they come.

I actually met Payne Stewart at muirfield village about a year before his passing.... He was a complete and utter jackass. Just a total dick. And that's being nice. I was 10 years old (I think?) and came away thinking 'holy crap this guy is a jerk'. My dad has even less pleasant things to say.

Maybe it was the day, maybe it was the time, idk. But the way he treated a 10 year old fan and his father who weren't asking for anything, just trying to say 'hi' was mind boggling. Not really sure what was happening with him that day but he went freaking nuts and started screaming at my father and I. Something about how he can't get a day off and no one respects his privacy and blah blah blah. Bunch of expletives laid down in there.

It was odd.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

I'd bet that Payne Stewart was about as cool as they come.

I actually met Payne Stewart at muirfield village about a year before his passing.... He was a complete and utter jackass. Just a total dick. And that's being nice. I was 10 years old (I think?) and came away thinking 'holy crap this guy is a jerk'. My dad has even less pleasant things to say.

Maybe it was the day, maybe it was the time, idk. But the way he treated a 10 year old fan and his father who weren't asking for anything, just trying to say 'hi' was mind boggling. Not really sure what was happening with him that day but he went freaking nuts and started screaming at my father and I. Something about how he can't get a day off and no one respects his privacy and blah blah blah. Bunch of expletives laid down in there.

It was odd.

After his passing, much was made about how hard he had worked to be a better person. Of course, at that time, nobody wanted to talk about the bad things because of his death. But there was enough said about how much he "changed as a person" that there must have been something about the way he behaved before to have to go through dramatic changes. Reading between the lines, I couldn't help but think they seem to be saying "he used to be a jerk but he's getting better."

With reference to comments here about Couples: My wife and I watched Couples for a few holes at Winged Foot in Mamaroneck, NY during a practice round for the US Open in 2006. We realized within 10 minutes that he was a nasty person with bad manners and not very intelligent. His demeanor was very low class.

Everything in Moderation, Keep it Simple, Less is Best
G10 Pings - D 9*, 3W 15.5*, H 18*, 4-PW, 50*, 54*, 58*
Redwood Zing
Titleist ProV1

Lone Freddie Apologist post:

In my junior golf days (early/mid 90's, so please excuse the memory), Freddie was The Man. EVERYONE at the AJGA events were wearing his Ashworth shirts, and two kids I met in that circuit even tried to self-apply the nickname "Boom Boom".

One of my AJGA friends played in a tourney in Texas (maybe 94/95?) and was staying with a host family in a very smart part of town, along with three other kids playing in the event. It's the last night they are going to be there (final round was the next day), so they are hanging out in the family's hot tub when the owner came out to chat. The kids start gushing about how nice the house is and the owner mentions that Freddie Couples lives just down the street. The kids immediately go eyes wide and start fanboying all over the place so the owner says, "Heck, it's only 9 PM - why don't you go see if he's home?!"

The kids sprint over there and knock on the door. Sure enough, Freddie answers, and he's home alone (I seem to recall this was around the time of his marital problems?). The four kids barely stammer out "So sorry to bother you Freddie, but we're in town for the AJGA event and we found out you lived here so we wanted to come by and shake your hand you're ourfavoriteplayerandthisissoexciting!" Freddie graciously chats them up for five minutes from the door, then says, "Hey, you guys want to come in?"

Freddie proceeds to give them a tour of his house, trophies, photos, let's them swing with his clubs, asks about their tournament, and, from what was relayed to me, could not have been more amazing to these guys. The kids actually had to excuse themselves (early tee times), but were just dumbfoundedly thanking him and were so excited. Total awe. So they say goodbye at his door and freddie says, "Hold up". He disappears into his house for a few minutes, then comes back with 4 of his logo'd out Ashworth shirts and some autographed hats.

All four of the kids wore that stuff during the final round and were just absolutely over the moon...

So (with understanding about the other side that Maddie witnessed), the story above made a huge impression on those guys and me and made me a fan for life. Impressionable young men who loved golf and loved Freddie... and then THAT happens?! Almost too good to be true, right?

How many times do you think someone meeting their hero goes above and beyond their expectations?!

Regardless of who he has become, that type of altruistic behavior was in him, so please include that in your judgement!

In my junior golf days (early/mid 90's, so please excuse the memory), Freddie was The Man. EVERYONE at the AJGA events were wearing his Ashworth shirts, and two kids I met in that circuit even tried to self-apply the nickname "Boom Boom".

One of my AJGA friends played in a tourney in Texas (maybe 94/95?) and was staying with a host family in a very smart part of town, along with three other kids playing in the event. It's the last night they are going to be there (final round was the next day), so they are hanging out in the family's hot tub when the owner came out to chat. The kids start gushing about how nice the house is and the owner mentions that Freddie Couples lives just down the street. The kids immediately go eyes wide and start fanboying all over the place so the owner says, "Heck, it's only 9 PM - why don't you go see if he's home?!"

The kids sprint over there and knock on the door. Sure enough, Freddie answers, and he's home alone (I seem to recall this was around the time of his marital problems?). The four kids barely stammer out "So sorry to bother you Freddie, but we're in town for the AJGA event and we found out you lived here so we wanted to come by and shake your hand you're ourfavoriteplayerandthisissoexciting!" Freddie graciously chats them up for five minutes from the door, then says, "Hey, you guys want to come in?"

Freddie proceeds to give them a tour of his house, trophies, photos, let's them swing with his clubs, asks about their tournament, and, from what was relayed to me, could not have been more amazing to these guys. The kids actually had to excuse themselves (early tee times), but were just dumbfoundedly thanking him and were so excited. Total awe. So they say goodbye at his door and freddie says, "Hold up". He disappears into his house for a few minutes, then comes back with 4 of his logo'd out Ashworth shirts and some autographed hats.

All four of the kids wore that stuff during the final round and were just absolutely over the moon...

So (with understanding about the other side that Maddie witnessed), the story above made a huge impression on those guys and me and made me a fan for life. Impressionable young men who loved golf and loved Freddie... and then THAT happens?! Almost too good to be true, right?

How many times do you think someone meeting their hero goes above and beyond their expectations?!

Regardless of who he has become, that type of altruistic behavior was in him, so please include that in your judgement!

That's a great story. Seems like the conclusion you could make from the majority of the posts is that Freddie is a jerk. I don't doubt that. But even a jerk has moments when they are good to other people or maybe he has a soft spot for kids. Who knows. Regardless, you can't deny that, in this instance, he did something very nice for these kids that they will never forget.

I had a few beers w Wayne Player ( really cool guy ) and it was a few months after the Tiger Woods incident. He said back in the day Palmer would have made Woods look like a saint.

I have heard that same thing many time before. Interesting how one is a saint and the other has been vilified beyond believe.

Take what you hear about Mr. Palmer with a grain of salt. Was he perfect? I'll let you all answer that. That was innapropriate of Wayne Player to say. Am I partial to Mr. Palmer? My posts in his thread should answer that. And I agree with you regarding Tiger. As a woman, the way that he carried himself disappoints me though that is his and those close to him business, not mine. Mr. Palmer never disrespected his wife publicly, and I realize that it was a different time. I just don't care for guys who in an attempt to be "cool" or "in the know," and obviously Wayne Player is in the know, however his house, of I should say his father's, has an awful lot of glass in it, and they drop comments like he supposedly dropped. I am by no means defending Mr. Palmer's behavior, I'm just saying that I don't care for guys who squeal like lil girls. Have a nice Easter EA :) Maddie

One of my good friends is the father of one of the world's best golfers.

Around the time Tiger got caught, we were having a few beers and he put it in a way that makes total sense: "These guys are multi-millionaires who are away from home 40 weeks of the year and chased by groupies day in, day out."

He wasn't defending his son in any way, shape or form - just being realistic

In 2004 I caddied for a good friend (former tour player) at the US Senior Open at Bellrieve in St. Louis. The third round got rained out so we had to play 36 on Sunday. We were paired with Tom Purtzer and Jay Sigel. Tom Purtzer was really a cool guy. He treated me very well. On the other hand, Jay Sigel was an ***hole. All day. After the rounds we spent quite a bit of time in the players locker room and met Ben Crenshaw and Gary Player. Both real gentlemen. Allen Doyle is a nice guy also. I've played with him several times over the years.

Hard to believe it was the same person that we observed, but I don't doubt that what you say is true.

Everything in Moderation, Keep it Simple, Less is Best
G10 Pings - D 9*, 3W 15.5*, H 18*, 4-PW, 50*, 54*, 58*
Redwood Zing
Titleist ProV1

From my experience, Jack is a true gentleman whilst everything you hear about Norman is true (and more)

Having said that, they are sportsmen and I don't regard them as any more of a role model than, say, Floyd Mayweather, Donald Trump or Martha Stewart

See it's interesting because I have a bit of a different view about Jack than most. He's a great ambassador for the game and for the most part is a great guy. But all of these guys are human and all of these guys have good and bad days just like everyone else on this board. Jack is no exception. I caddied for a few years at Muirfield Village and, while I never caddied for Jack, there are endless stories from guys who did that tell 2 very different stories about Jack. Anything from Jack firing a caddy for not replacing a divot because the hairpiece Jack took landed in the creek on 14 to a caddie who broke Jack's driver (which was actually Jack's fault) and Jack then not talking to the caddy for 4 holes before having a belly laugh about the situation. I live in suburb which Jack grew up in (Upper Arlington) and he has never done a single thing for the community... yet he does infinite things for a rival suburb (Dublin). There are rumors (some of which are true many of which are not) as to why that is. My buddy has a house on 17 at Village and after a warning about how their hospitality house was too loud with too many voices and bottles clanking, a rather huge, permanent, scoreboard was erected right in front of their house. Blocking all view. Coincidence?

I have nothing against Jack. I met him very briefly, he signed a flag for me, inscribed it to me, and was more than polite and a gentleman to me. But it just goes to show that in the very small interactions we have with people, celebrities, etc. you can get very mixed opinions.

One former tour pro whom I have met now on 3 different occasions and has always been just a great dude is John Cook. When I was 9 years old and at my very first golf event (before I had even swung a golf club) Cook, sought me out after a round and handed me his ball and autographed after walking off the 18th hole. He stood there for a second before signing everyone's autographed and asked me if I was enjoying my day, what groups I followed and what my favorite part was. I was over the moon. Flash forward to when I was 25. I was playing golf at Cook's Creek in Columbus. A John Cook designed course which actually has his family homestead on the property. Older gentlemen was flying around the course. We let him play through but he opted to join up with us instead. It was John's father. The guy could not have been nicer. He was so proud of his son and everything he had done in his career and he was just a great guy to play with. So with a couple of holes left I told him the story about how John gave me that golf ball and it really got me interested in the game. I talked about how much I have rooted for him and the impact John directly (and indirectly had on my life) as golf has become a life passion of mine and without that one moment of him reaching out to me, I am not sure I would have started playing. His dad was almost brought to tears.

Flash forward a few months. I was at an ohio state football game (they were playing Iowa in a OT game which the Buckeyes ended up winning and clinching the Big Ten title). At half we got to go down on the sideline and watch the band play script ohio and hang out with some people. John was on the sideline. I went up to him, introduced myself, apologize for bothering him and then retold the story in a very condensed version. He was taken back and said he recalled his dad telling him he had run into someone saying the same story. It was pretty cool moment.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

I have been a prfoessional comedian for nearly 40 years and most of my peers think they are far funnier than they actually are and very few have an off switch. I have done many charity days on golf courses and I have not met that many pros on the Australasian Tour but the ones I met seemed courteous and friendly.

On the other hand, I play with a few gun golfers with low handicaps and I tend to find these guys are like Doctors - they think because they are good at one thing, they know everything. They forget it's a sport and they also seem to think that anyone with a handicap over 10 doesn't know anything about golf and is not entitled to an opinion. I am sure ya'll know guys like that. I hasten to add that the few pros I have done the gigs with were not like that.

Kind regards,

Rob

Of course, I had to google 'Rob McHugh Australia'

Yep, there he is

http://www.robmchugh.com.au

Ha ha, that's funny - pardon the pun.

Those photos are an embarrassment and the dates for the gigs are all past. My website is never up to date as my rocket scientist nephew is my 'webmaster' (I just can't get used to that term - it sounds creepy and dressed in leather if you know what I mean) and these young'uns are always too busy making sqillions to help an old uncle out.

I never won the Logie (Oz equivalent of Emmy) but it was nice to be nominated after all these years.

I have now clawed my way to mediocrity and risen to absolute hights of obscurity! Maybe this mention on WRX will have Spielberg banging on my door?

Kind regards,

Rob

Craig Parry has always had a reputation for being a great guy off the course too.

I drew Craig in a Pro/Am in '91 the year before he knocked on the door at the Masters and I believe the US Open with Top-5's-

Just a super nice, sincere Gentleman-

He approached myself and another in our group after the second hole and said that he hoped that we didn't think that he was ignoring us however the other two guys seemed to need more "pearls," lol.

I mean, WhoTF does that?

Answer: No one else that I've ever Played with.

Just a Class Gentleman!!

Have a Blessed Easter Bro :)

My Best,

Richard

I have to share my favourite Paz story. My mate and I followed him around the Australian one year and if I was to say he played like a busted a*** - there would be indignant letters from busted a***s all over the country saying 'how dare you?!' Suffice to say by the end of the round there was just the 2 of us in his gallery. After playing terribly all day, he chips in on the last hole, turns to us, shakes his head and says 'it's a **** of a game'. It was meant in the nicest possible way and we laughed our heads off - because we have all been there. A really down to Earth guy.

Kind regards,

Rob

My buddy has a house on 17 at Village and after a warning about how their hospitality house was too loud with too many voices and bottles clanking, a rather huge, permanent, scoreboard was erected right in front of their house. Blocking all view. Coincidence?

So the club puts up a wall to solve the sound issue and the buddy still complains? Seems like he just likes to complain.:) Seriously do you think Jack was remotely involved with that decision versus some club/event manager?

I have to also say that Sergio is awesome. I was at the Wyndam three years ago for the Wednesday pro-am, and in the clubhouse and literally ran into Sergio, he was cool about it, and we sat there and talked a bit, and I had mentioned something about "my sister is never gonna believe this. You have her an autograph at the 05 US Open at Pinehurst and it's the only signature she has" well he asked about her, and I said she was getting her doctorate at the U of Iowa, so I asked if we could take a picture to send to her, well he does me one better, and calls her from my phone to wish her luck and to just say Thankyou for being a fan. Coolest thing ever.

Paul Casey is also awesome. Had a nice talk with him in the third fairway on a Sunday at Augusta in 2008 as a 15 year old about how cool I thought it was that he could wear metal spikes, and why he had laid up. He pulled out his yardage book and showed me that where the pin was cut, he had more control with a 9 iron, instead of the half wedge not being able to see the pin. Dude knocks it stiff and just turns to me an winks. He was in like the third to last group too

Rogue ST TD 10.5 Diamana ZF 60TX

Sim2 Max AD-DI 7x 15°
SIM2 Max AD-DI 8x
Apex ‘19 ..L Raw 4-W AMT S400
Fourteen RM-4 50-54-60 TI S400
Versa 1W

"Thank you Donald :) you are exactly right and even if I was not with Richard, for him to assume that one, I was even interested and then two, to not be man enough to ask me face to face, well, this doesn't surprise me as these are the types of women that Freddie ends up with. This is his SOP. Balls are more plentiful and cheaper to give away than gloves, even if he doesn't pay for them, lolol. BTW, I love your avatar!!! Take care :) Maddie"

"Again my cluelessness raises its ugly head as I didn't even look at who the poster was....duh!!! Totally my bad so that being said WTF IS THAT ABOUT?!?! That's why I was shaking my head, why does Freddie want some random dude calling him...???? Hahaha now Richards' drive after yelling the number is even more awesome in my book!! Haha what a Doosh! Unbelievable.

Sorry for the misunderstanding Maddie!!"

* I am terrible with technology, so that is why this looks weird, and the above posts look like I wrote them... I did not!

Been there done that with the cluelessness, my friend! Usually mine comes during important meetings.

Thank you for the avatar comment... That is my dog who was diagnosed with terminal cancer 99 days ago. Of all the family members who have passed, for some reason my dog has been 10x more difficult to accept- he goes everywhere with me, including the golf course from time to time.

Donald, I am sorry for the delay responding to your post as I did not see it. You and your pup will be in Richard's and my prayers. Richard lost his Rotty to cancer last year at the age of 14yo. The fact that the ave Rotty lives to 9-10 didn't mean much to any of us as Richard was inconsolable and took all the pictures down and couldn't even talk about her for probably six months. I knew her since she was a pup and he first got her and he used to bring her to the practice range and she used to nip at Richard's and Pete's pants cuffs to Play with them. Pete said as long as she hung around she might as well he useful and he and Richard taught her to retrieve golf balls and drop them at their feet. Cherish the time that you have left and God Bless you both. Fondly, Maddie

Edit: This is Brandy in Dec of '14. She passed in February of 2015. That's her and a little rescue pup that Richard picked up and I affectionately call a toy Rotty as Hunter is half the size at 45lbs. and Richard calls him part Rotty part moron. I take him to my lessons in the evening and while he is not as intimidating laying there as Brandy, I've taught him to to fetch golf balls. We're still working on the him bringing them back to me part, lol. Have a nice day Donald :) Maddie

Take what you hear about Mr. Palmer with a grain of salt. Was he perfect? I'll let you all answer that. That was innapropriate of Wayne Player to say. Am I partial to Mr. Palmer? My posts in his thread should answer that. And I agree with you regarding Tiger. As a woman, the way that he carried himself disappoints me though that is his and those close to him business, not mine. Mr. Palmer never disrespected his wife publicly, and I realize that it was a different time. I just don't care for guys who in an attempt to be "cool" or "in the know," and obviously Wayne Player is in the know, however his house, of I should say his father's, has an awful lot of glass in it, and they drop comments like he supposedly dropped. I am by no means defending Mr. Palmer's behavior, I'm just saying that I don't care for guys who squeal like lil girls. Have a nice Easter EA :) Maddie

This whole thread are guys and girls squealing like little girls. Who cares if Palmer was a womanizer (by the way it was no secret). Mr. internet muscles calm down we all know how tough you were in your glory days. I know I will probably get banned or worse.

Boy that Freddie tee in mouth, walking around with that smug pimp limp between holes, and behaving as if he's Michael Jordon after hitting a game winner makes a lot more sense now. Wish all these middle aged clowns would stop playing into it by kissing his Word not allowed screaming lets go boom boom every hole. Yikes. Guess money, looks, talent, and fame still can't buy you class.

I agree however I will also say that there are obviously people who have had good experiences with Freddie and please don't be inclined not to post them here as there are many sides to every single one of us and I can promise you that I and I feel comfortable speaking for Maddie here, however we would never respond or belittle someone's experience regardless who it is with. She just stated her experience with him and while I've had a few others, I will just leave it at for me to say something to someone, they've got to be pretty damn rude and I only will say/do something when I feel that someone in "authority" or with the upper hand belittles someone else, especially a service industry employee who is trying their best to serve and to please.

That being said, Freddie, like all of us, has those that he treats great and if you're one of them please don't hesitate to speak of your encounter or experience :)

Have a nice day :)

My Best,

RP

I had a really cool experience with Couples. An old roommate that had a cup of coffee on tour was friends with him, and we had an awesome evening "out" one night.

Of course, I was 21 and you might imagine what I considered "cool" back then. Hey, it's legal all over now...

Actually my good friend and fellow Pro went out with Freddie for a bit. She was from Pgh, and was out in California for her internship. Its funny because she came back to WPa and Freddie has no idea that she's here or that we're BFFs, lol. She said that he was very nice with her and they went out for 3-4 months. She has only nice things to say about him though it's his reputation with the Ladies that caused her to end the relationship. Have a nice day HighSpeed :) Maddie

This whole thread are guys and girls squealing like little girls. Who cares if Palmer was a womanizer (by the way it was no secret). Mr. internet muscles calm down we all know how tough you were in your glory days. I know I will probably get banned or worse.

Who might Mr. Internet muscles be? I hardly think that you would get banned for a post like this. I think it's cute :) M

Mike Weir and Fred Couples are *****s. Mike on multiple occasions which sucks because I am Canadian and I was hoping for better.

The nicest player I ever met was Tommy Gainey. Although Chris Kirk, Kevin Kisner, Colt Knost, Ernie Els, Rob Pampling and a whoel bunch more (I'm a driver for the Canadian Open) have all been great.

With the way Mike Weir has been playing lately ... it's no surprise that he is .... not himself.