2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Which PGA Tour players are cool off the course? Which aren't?

longshot300

Last year I was in Scottsdale for my yearly trip and went over to PGA Tour Superstore, I was browsing around and look up to see Martin Kaymer and his caddy walking around trying to keep a low profile. I said something to him in German, we talked for a minute and I got a picture with him then went on my way. Understandably he seemed like he didn't want our interaction to turn into a scene where everyone in the store would come running over for a photo or autograph, but in talking to him he was cordial. Super cool experience for me because I got to meet my favorite player and chat with him in German!

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all secondary information, so take it with a grain of salt:

My buddy was caddying for an amateur in a pro-am in Dallas. The pro in the group was Hunter Mahan. My buddy went up to him before the first tee to introduce himself and Mahan said "Hey champ. I'm just going to need you to not talk to me any more during this round".

Now to be fair, I wasn't there to witness this, and my buddy can be a little annoying. I thought it was really funny though. I've never met Hunter Mahan nor have any opinion about him being cool or not off the course.

I have another buddy who used to be an assistant pro at a very high end course in Dallas with many PGA tour player members. He said that Justin Leonard and Corey Pavin were super nice dudes.

I live in Dallas and was seated next to Hunter on a date with a girl that went to Oklahoma State. He was there with his wife, newborn and a friend. We both ended up leaving at the same time and my girl said something to him about OSU, after I told her who he was exactly, and he was extremely nice to both of us. It was brief but I couldn't say a single negative thing about the experience and he was carrying the baby the whole time.

I also played a round with my buddy in Jupiter last year and we joined up on the back nine with a couple of his older friends he gambles/plays with on occasion. He's a mini-tour guy and has qualified for the Honda a few times so these guys were good. After the round, which was nothing but joking with each other and laughing, he tells me that one of the guys was Russ Cochrane and he had won the British Senior a couple of years ago. I never thought twice about the guy being famous other than he was a damn good player, which in it of itself should speak to his conduct. Just a really nice guy.

One of my best friends is a former NFL starter for the cowboys, if you didn't know who he was you'd never think twice about it. They are all just people in the end. Some of the really famous ones get put in situations where they have to say "no" on occasions to keep their sanity and unfortunately that can be construed negatively. I do think a very small minority of athlete/celebrities just let it go to their heads and begin to believe commoners are beneath them. However, I think the later is far less common than some would believe though.

Allenby was the group in front of us in the 84 Lumber Pro-Am and John Daly said "Jake, watch this" and he plants it and sends a drive about 20-25 yards over Allenby's head in the fairway. Allenby knew who it was and he turns around and he flips John off. So we're cracking up and this was on #7 tee and there were no more encounters though I was talkin to John about a month or so later and he asked me if I remembered him driving into Allenby and I said of course and he said that Allenby got a letter from the tour for "unprofessional conduct," lmao. John received nothing and no one from the Tour ever asked him about it, lol.

Karma.....

It's a B****, hahaha

And so is Allenby :)

He Norman and Freddie would make a great group, lmao

They deserve each other

Stay Well My Friends :)

Fairways & Greens 4ever,

RP

Great story.

Driver: Wishon 919thi 11* w/AXE 6 stiff
FW: Wishon 949mc 16.5* w/AXE FW Stiff
3-4 Hybrids: Wishon 775hs w/ S2S White Stiff
Irons: Miura CB-1008 w/Nippon Modus 105 S
Putter: Ping Ketsch Heavy 34" 2 degrees flat
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0

I've never met any pros off the course,but I know Patrick Rodgers is a super guy. He is always nice and friendly to you. Shakes your hand and at least acknowledges you are speaking to him. But,I will say once he starts playing or practicing just let him be. Unless he talks first. Not that he is a jerk,he is playing. He is doing what he has wanted to do since he was a kid.

I was lucky enough to have the same coach he did in Indiana. We'd hit balls or play a quick round. After playing,he was a true gentleman to anyone. Inside those lines,he is focused.

I had a awesome experience with Tiger. Some would say other,but it was at the tour championship two years ago. My father in law took me since we had just moved to Tennessee and closer to east lake. I guess it was a thank you for bringing his little girl closer to him. Anyways off the mushy.

It was Sunday. We walked to see the guys chip and putt and hitting range. We were walking on the side of clubhouse and all I see is tiger about to walk out. I look around just me and my father in law and nobody else.

I stuck my hand out and said "good luck today Mr. Woods. " he stopped dead in his tracks and looked me in the eyes and said "thank you,I appreciate it" and shook my hand back.

Only time ever seeing him in person,but he didn't have to stop and say thank you,or even shake my hand. But he did.

This story was hilarious when it occurred at Richard's club during a charity even that preceeded the Frank B Funder/Family house tourney. I was Freddie's BB partner and though he was nice to me, I found him to be as others have described him with the volunteers and gallery- a jerk. Well, it was customary to sign your ball and give it to your partner and I exchanged balls with Freddie and when I was walking way I looked at the ball and he had written his Tele # one the side opposite his name. I found it amusing and showed Richard, who already had had one "encounter" with Freddie in the locker room pre round and he took the ball, went to his bag and grabbed a tee and his driver and walked to the Back of the box on #1, which sits right below the clubhouse porch where a cocktail hour was going on and Freddie was standing with CH III and a club member and Richard yelled out "Yo Freddie," and Freddie looked at him, along with most along the rail, lololol, and Richard held the ball up with his number facing him and Richard said the number out loud, digit by digit. There were members, Players and the public fans all around him and he moved some out of the way and I think that they were more stunned than anything and he teed the ball up and went a beautiful high 270-280yd draw up over the trees and across the #1 down onto #5 fairway. Freddie ended up giving a caddie $5 to go retrieve the ball, lolol, though he avoided me like the plague during cocktails and dinner, hahaha :) M

I'm confused a) why would he write his number on a ball for someone and b) why is this considered a Doosh move?

Serious question :)

I'll let someone else answer this. Serious answer :) M

For real??

A) Guys usually give their numbers to women to "hook-up."

B) Being nice to someone you are attracted to while being a jerk to others is pretty douchey... Not to mention he likely knew she was with someone.

* At least this is what I believe was meant, if I read between the lines correctly :)

Thank you Donald :) you are exactly right and even if I was not with Richard, for him to assume that one, I was even interested and then two, to not be man enough to ask me face to face, well, this doesn't surprise me as these are the types of women that Freddie ends up with. This is his SOP. Balls are more plentiful and cheaper to give away than gloves, even if he doesn't pay for them, lolol. BTW, I love your avatar!!! Take care :) Maddie

Again my cluelessness raises its ugly head as I didn't even look at who the poster was....duh!!! Totally my bad so that being said WTF IS THAT ABOUT?!?! That's why I was shaking my head, why does Freddie want some random dude calling him...???? Hahaha now Richards' drive after yelling the number is even more awesome in my book!! Haha what a Doosh! Unbelievable.

Sorry for the misunderstanding maddie!!!

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

Allenby was the group in front of us in the 84 Lumber Pro-Am and John Daly said "Jake, watch this" and he plants it and sends a drive about 20-25 yards over Allenby's head in the fairway. Allenby knew who it was and he turns around and he flips John off. So we're cracking up and this was on #7 tee and there were no more encounters though I was talkin to John about a month or so later and he asked me if I remembered him driving into Allenby and I said of course and he said that Allenby got a letter from the tour for "unprofessional conduct," lmao. John received nothing and no one from the Tour ever asked him about it, lol.

Karma.....

It's a B****, hahaha

They deserve each other

Fairways & Greens 4ever,

RP

Does the USGA draw up a "pr-1-ck pairing" for the U.S. Senior Open? I guess Allenby's not 50 yet...

Watch for one at Scioto this year!

why is this considered a Doosh move?

I'll let someone else answer this. Serious answer :) M

For real??

B) Being nice to someone you are attracted to while being a jerk to others is pretty douchey... Not to mention he likely knew she was with someone.

* At least this is what I believe was meant, if I read between the lines correctly :)

Thank you Donald :) you are exactly right and even if I was not with Richard, for him to assume that one, I was even interested and then two, to not be man enough to ask me face to face, well, this doesn't surprise me as these are the types of women that Freddie ends up with. This is his SOP. Balls are more plentiful and cheaper to give away than gloves, even if he doesn't pay for them, lolol. BTW, I love your avatar!!! Take care :) Maddie

Again my cluelessness raises its ugly head as I didn't even look at who the poster was....duh!!! Totally my bad so that being said WTF IS THAT ABOUT?!?! That's why I was shaking my head, why does Freddie want some random dude calling him...???? Hahaha now Richards' drive after yelling the number is even more awesome in my book!! Haha what a Doosh! Unbelievable.

Absolutely no.need to aplogize Jason :) I am sorry for my initial post though. I've been hanging around Richard too much, lolol. Have a nice Easter :) Maddie

why is this considered a Doosh move?

For real??

I've been hanging around Richard too much, lolol. Have a nice Easter :) Maddie

WTF?!?!?!?

I've been in surgery all afternoon, I had nothin to do with any of this, lol

The thing that pissed me off, and it wasn't Freddie doing that with the number cuz that's just pathetic, that's not what a good lookin, world class athlete does. Seriously, if you find someone attractive and would like to ask them out, you approach em without bein a DBag, talk to em. She's a Golf Professional for chrissakes, not some fairway floozy. However, what really pissed me off is that I wasted a beautiful drive on that piece of s***, LMAO

He had no idea that we were a couple though as Maddie said, that was irrelevant-

A handful of people who were around me and really had no clue what was goin on said "wow, sweet drive, " lmao

I should play pissed all the time, lol

Oh, and Sweetheart, I saw your original post, haha

I like the feistiness, lmao!!!

Love You :)

Fairways & Greens My Friends,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Old Tom Morris was a hoot away from the course.

I remember this one time we headed to the pub after our round, and Tom told the barmaid...

Bro, I can't swing with a short sleeved rain jacket on(I wear rain vests and had the sleeves of my FJ and Bobby Jones rain tops cut off and had it hemmed) and look at Ole Tom and then ya had Ray and Vardon Playin in suits, lol. Think what they'd have done had they dressed as we do now, lol.

Just another stupid, medicated thought ;)

I'll show myself out.....

Have a Blessed Easter :)

My Best,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Met Ricky Barnes at a NTO event last year and he was super cool, very nice guy.

Ricky is awesome, I play hoops with him fairly often and he's just a regular dude who is good at golf.

Caddied in Esteban Toledo's pro am group at the Schwab Cup two years ago and I'm not sure I've ever had more fun on a golf course. The am's said they chose him during the pro am draft like, 4th because they had no idea who he was but saw how much fun he had with everyone during the pro am party.

Played today with a guy from Greenville SC and he was telling me some interesting tales about Sam Snead. Said he ran into him a few time in Greenville and Sam was as advertised. 100% genuine what you see is what you get. Told me that Sam always drove a Lincoln and he always came to Greenville to buy it from the same dealership.

hmmm..wonder which dealer? George coleman by chance? or Vic Bailey ? reason I ask is I have contacts at both....would be cool to see if the dealer principles remember any stories of car deals. May I ask were you played? was it in Greenville or down your way ? just curious..

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I followed Tommy Gainey at Quail Hollow one year. On a par five he hits it in the left rough, which was quite thick and sticky. He walks up to his ball which is about 5' from the ropes and starts looking at it. He then turns in my direction and begins addressing the gallery. "That's a pretty tough lie right there. I'd like to go for the green, but I'm not sure I can dig it out with a hybrid (he was ~230 out). What do ya'll think? Should I go for it? We all look at each other, not knowing what to say. He finally said something like "I guess I'll give it a shot - what's the worst thing that could happen?" or something to that effect. He rips the hybrid and knocks it up close to the green and said "well, that wasn't too bad I guess. Thank ya'll, have a nice day" and walked down the fairway. His comments were genuine and in no way a "let me show you what I can do". He is truly an every-man on the tour.

Another at that same tournament I followed was Paul Goydos - another every-man on tour. He was wearing his Long Beach Dirtbags hat. He is a cool as they come and often talked to the gallery. He hit his approach shot into a bunker on a par four. When he approached he saw it was not pretty - a tough down hill lie to a close pin. He turned to the gallery and said "one of you may have to come hit this shot for me, because I'm not sure I can do it.... I'm not sure I want to". Everyone laughed, including the other two players and caddies in his group. He got it out but missed his 10' par putt.

absolutely.... Gainey is a "stop on the side of the road and help a stranger change a flat "kind of guy.... Ive met him several times locally when he was younger and playing in the regional minis.... and again after he became a better known pro.... Hes the same thing every time you see him....

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

This story was hilarious when it occurred at Richard's club during a charity even that preceeded the Frank B Fuhrer/Family house tourney. I was Freddie's BB partner and though he was nice to me, I found him to be as others have described him with the volunteers and gallery- a jerk. Well, it was customary to sign your ball and give it to your partner and I exchanged balls with Freddie and when I was walking way I looked at the ball and he had written his Tele # one the side opposite his name. I found it amusing and showed Richard, who already had had one "encounter" with Freddie in the locker room pre round and he took the ball, went to his bag and grabbed a tee and his driver and walked to the Back of the box on #1, which sits right below the clubhouse porch where a cocktail hour was going on and Freddie was standing with CH III and a club member and Richard yelled out "Yo Freddie," and Freddie looked at him, along with most along the rail, lololol, and Richard held the ball up with his number facing him and Richard said the number out loud, digit by digit. There were members, Players and the public fans all around him and he moved some out of the way and I think that they were more stunned than anything and he teed the ball up and sent a beautiful high 270-280yd draw up over the trees and across the #1 down onto #5 fairway. Freddie ended up giving a caddie $5 to go retrieve the ball, lolol, though he avoided me like the plague during cocktails and dinner, hahaha :) M

what a story! Richard,,,,My man! this is one of those instances where my wife would say "cant you control yourself"....to which I always reply..."if you knew what I wanted to do you would know I am controlling myself rather well"..... she lets it be after that ..lol

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I've meet a few and most all have been very nice. Billy Casper and Bob Goalby, were outstanding. Arnold Palmer made me feel special when I was work a event and he was leaving and stopped and came over to were I was and thanked me for being there. Billy Casper stopped me and told me how good I was hitting it. He was sitting above the range watching people hit balls.Ben Crenshaw is great, Jim Thorpe outstanding fellow. Dana Quigely,Tim Simpson were very nice.

This story was hilarious when it occurred at Richard's club during a charity even that preceeded the Frank B Fuhrer/Family house tourney. I was Freddie's BB partner and though he was nice to me, I found him to be as others have described him with the volunteers and gallery- a jerk. Well, it was customary to sign your ball and give it to your partner and I exchanged balls with Freddie and when I was walking way I looked at the ball and he had written his Tele # one the side opposite his name. I found it amusing and showed Richard, who already had had one "encounter" with Freddie in the locker room pre round and he took the ball, went to his bag and grabbed a tee and his driver and walked to the Back of the box on #1, which sits right below the clubhouse porch where a cocktail hour was going on and Freddie was standing with CH III and a club member and Richard yelled out "Yo Freddie," and Freddie looked at him, along with most along the rail, lololol, and Richard held the ball up with his number facing him and Richard said the number out loud, digit by digit. There were members, Players and the public fans all around him and he moved some out of the way and I think that they were more stunned than anything and he teed the ball up and sent a beautiful high 270-280yd draw up over the trees and across the #1 down onto #5 fairway. Freddie ended up giving a caddie $5 to go retrieve the ball, lolol, though he avoided me like the plague during cocktails and dinner, hahaha :) M

what a story! Richard,,,,My man! this is one of those instances where my wife would say "cant you control yourself"....to which I always reply..."if you knew what I wanted to do you would know I am controlling myself rather well"..... she lets it be after that ..lol

I joke a lot on here with Richard when I respond to his posts when he gets a little "snarky," lolol, though he's pretty good regarding gauging his response to situations. As I mentioned and I don't know if he has before however he said something to Freddie earlier in the day for the way that he responded to one of the assistants who now has his Class A and is just a super person. So there was no love lost there. The funniest was that Penny Lynn, Richard's mother, came up to me and asked why he hit the ball down the wrong fairway and who was Freddie, lol. When I explained, she too thought it was tacky and said that she wished that she knew he was like this as she was the co-chair of the reception/dinner and would have given him a poor seat at a table in the far end of the room, lol. I felt sorry for Charles III, who is such a gentleman and we would meet later in the evening as he and Richard had played together and he just laughed and said "that's Freddie." Have a nice Easter Blade :) Fondly, Maddie

Edit: another funny thing that occured however I just remembered is when Richard called up to the porch, as I said, he yelled out "yo Freddie," and when Penny Lynn was talking to me she said "I wish that Richard wouldn't use 'yo' as he was raised better than that. His Baba is spinning in her grave," lolol. Richard's "Baba" was his grandmother, an English teacher/professor who raised him until he was 14yo. I explained that he never spoke like that around me or others, lolol. Take care :) M

I had a few beers w Wayne Player ( really cool guy ) and it was a few months after the Tiger Woods incident. He said back in the day Palmer would have made Woods look like a saint.

I have heard that same thing many time before. Interesting how one is a saint and the other has been vilified beyond believe.

Cobra driver
TMade 3 & hybrid
Titleist AP2 Irons (4-PW)
Vokey wedges
Cleveland putter
Srixon ball

I had a few beers w Wayne Player ( really cool guy ) and it was a few months after the Tiger Woods incident. He said back in the day Palmer would have made Woods look like a saint.

I have heard that same thing many time before. Interesting how one is a saint and the other has been vilified beyond believe.

Take what you hear about Mr. Palmer with a grain of salt. Was he perfect? I'll let you all answer that. That was innapropriate of Wayne Player to say. Am I partial to Mr. Palmer? My posts in his thread should answer that. And I agree with you regarding Tiger. As a woman, the way that he carried himself disappoints me though that is his and those close to him business, not mine. Mr. Palmer never disrespected his wife publicly, and I realize that it was a different time. I just don't care for guys who in an attempt to be "cool" or "in the know," and obviously Wayne Player is in the know, however his house, of I should say his father's, has an awful lot of glass in it, and they drop comments like he supposedly dropped. I am by no means defending Mr. Palmer's behavior, I'm just saying that I don't care for guys who squeal like lil girls. Have a nice Easter EA :) Maddie

Take what you hear about Mr. Palmer with a grain of salt. Was he perfect? I'll let you all answer that. That was innapropriate of Wayne Player to say. Am I partial to Mr. Palmer? My posts in his thread should answer that. And I agree with you regarding Tiger. As a woman, the way that he carried himself disappoints me though that is his and those close to him business, not mine. Mr. Palmer never disrespected his wife publicly, and I realize that it was a different time. I just don't care for guys who in an attempt to be "cool" or "in the know," and obviously Wayne Player is in the know, however his house, of I should say his father's, has an awful lot of glass in it, and they drop comments like he supposedly dropped. I am by no means defending Mr. Palmer's behavior, I'm just saying that I don't care for guys who squeal like lil girls. Have a nice Easter EA :) Maddie

LMAO, oh, and I'm opinionated, lol???

I do agree with her. If you're Wayne Player, It's one thing to be talkin with your BFF or inner circle, it's a whole nother thing to be talkin to Pro Am partners, students or someone he meets in a bar. I told the son of a prominent Pro down in Fla to STFU because he started telling stories about one of his father's FCs, similar to Wayne Player speaking of Mr. Palmer and I knew of a few of the stories but WTF, the Player's a good guy, treats the fans right and is just livin his life. I was close to shutting his mouth for him though he saw that I wasn't kidding.

A man just doesn't say/do stuff like that-

At least not around me :)

Fairways & Greens My Friends,

RP

worked as a standard bearer 3 times, shinnecock and bethpage black and the coolest and nicest guy i met was steve stricker. Talked to me alot and was very friendly. Had tiger and charles howell and tiger never said a word. Sergio was fine and even signed my flag. Grumpiest guy was mike weir, he was in a bad mood all day. Retief Goosen was also awesome, hung out with him during the rain delay, great guy

Driver- TITLEIST TSr1 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 KBS Tour Lite 100s
Wedges- CALLAWAY Jaws Raw Black SF 95
Putter- SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 9.5

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

I followed Billy Andrade and Brad Faxon at a practice round in Greensboro many years ago. They both walked over to me when they walked off the first green, shook my hand and introduced themselves. I followed them the whole round, and if I had my clubs, it would have been like a casual round with three good pals. We talked the whole way around. Two very nice guys.

Boy that Freddie tee in mouth, walking around with that smug pimp limp between holes, and behaving as if he's Michael Jordon after hitting a game winner makes a lot more sense now. Wish all these middle aged clowns would stop playing into it by kissing his Word not allowed screaming lets go boom boom every hole. Yikes. Guess money, looks, talent, and fame still can't buy you class.

Boy that Freddie tee in mouth, walking around with that smug pimp limp between holes, and behaving as if he's Michael Jordon after hitting a game winner makes a lot more sense now. Wish all these middle aged clowns would stop playing into it by kissing his Word not allowed screaming lets go boom boom every hole. Yikes. Guess money, looks, talent, and fame still can't buy you class.

I agree however I will also say that there are obviously people who have had good experiences with Freddie and please don't be inclined not to post them here as there are many sides to every single one of us and I can promise you that I and I feel comfortable speaking for Maddie here, however we would never respond or belittle someone's experience regardless who it is with. She just stated her experience with him and while I've had a few others, I will just leave it at for me to say something to someone, they've got to be pretty damn rude and I only will say/do something when I feel that someone in "authority" or with the upper hand belittles someone else, especially a service industry employee who is trying their best to serve and to please.

That being said, Freddie, like all of us, has those that he treats great and if you're one of them please don't hesitate to speak of your encounter or experience :)

Have a nice day :)

My Best,

RP

Well, Arnold Palmer is in his mid 80's. You'd have to be a giant you know what to start calling out a guy in his mid 80's for alleged transgressions that happened probably 60 years ago.

You also don't hear of really anyone having negative interactions with the guy. It wasn't the same road for Tiger. So you had a lot of people who couldn't wait to throw him under the bus when he got exposed.

The whole notion of cheating on one's spouse does bring up an interesting thought.

Country clubs are probably full of guys who have taken their vows and gone ahead and cheated anyway, probably the highest disrespect you could show anyone. Yet if someone at their club were to wear the wrong attire into the dining room, it would set them over the edge. Go figure, right?

It might surprise some of you to know that this year's European Ryder Cup captain might'nt be as popular in his home country as you would think. Has been known to be rude and dismissive, and many people are somewhat bemused by his image abroad of the genial Guinness drinking Irishman.

Callaway XR16 10.5*
Callaway X2Hot 3 Wood 15*
Callaway X2Hot Hybrids 19* & 22*
Srixon Z565 5-PW
Cleveland RTX3 Raw 50* @ 49*
Vokey SM5 Black 54* & 58* M Grind
Ping Piper Sigma 3
Titleist Pro V1x

"Thank you Donald :) you are exactly right and even if I was not with Richard, for him to assume that one, I was even interested and then two, to not be man enough to ask me face to face, well, this doesn't surprise me as these are the types of women that Freddie ends up with. This is his SOP. Balls are more plentiful and cheaper to give away than gloves, even if he doesn't pay for them, lolol. BTW, I love your avatar!!! Take care :) Maddie"

"Again my cluelessness raises its ugly head as I didn't even look at who the poster was....duh!!! Totally my bad so that being said WTF IS THAT ABOUT?!?! That's why I was shaking my head, why does Freddie want some random dude calling him...???? Hahaha now Richards' drive after yelling the number is even more awesome in my book!! Haha what a Doosh! Unbelievable.

Sorry for the misunderstanding Maddie!!"

* I am terrible with technology, so that is why this looks weird, and the above posts look like I wrote them... I did not!

Been there done that with the cluelessness, my friend! Usually mine comes during important meetings.

Thank you for the avatar comment... That is my dog who was diagnosed with terminal cancer 99 days ago. Of all the family members who have passed, for some reason my dog has been 10x more difficult to accept- he goes everywhere with me, including the golf course from time to time.

Karma.....

It's a B****, hahaha

They deserve each other

Fairways & Greens 4ever,

RP

You Robert "get in the trunk" Allenby?

Callaway BB B21 9*
Callaway XR 18* 
Titlesist 910h 21*
G10 28*
Ping G, 6 - U
Callaway PM Grind 56*
Scotty Golo 5
Cally Truvis / Srixon Z star

Well, Arnold Palmer is in his mid 80's. You'd have to be a giant you know what to start calling out a guy in his mid 80's for alleged transgressions that happened probably 60 years ago.

You also don't hear of really anyone having negative interactions with the guy. It wasn't the same road for Tiger. So you had a lot of people who couldn't wait to throw him under the bus when he got exposed.

The whole notion of cheating on one's spouse does bring up an interesting thought.

Country clubs are probably full of guys who have taken their vows and gone ahead and cheated anyway, probably the highest disrespect you could show anyone. Yet if someone at their club were to wear the wrong attire into the dining room, it would set them over the edge. Go figure, right?

Instead of thinking of it as a slander of Arnie, think of it as a comment on different times. There were different rules and so on. As for the thought that Tiger disrepect his wife publicly, that is an arguement that either he was a poor cheater (i.e. got caught) or married a gal that wouldn't take it (imagine Arnies wife knew that he was cheating and just accepted it. Think of JFK's wife for an example of that.) And to to make it an inflamatory thread: Tiger never cheated to win a major:). Seriously can you imagine what would have happened in the 1958 masters happened today. We would all be staring at HD video and reading a zillion people tweeting about their experience.

I am trying to think of any top guy (we are talking the Kobes, Federer, Lebron, top movie stars,...) type superstars that don't end up with a pretty isolated approach. It might be pretty unavoidable these day when you get to that level of fame that applies to like 5 tour players (seriously other than Tiger, Phil, Rory, and maybe Ricky, how many other PGA pros would get recognized walking down the street?) where showing up in public causes comotions.