Let's have a little fun in this thread - SilverBullets is starting over... Where should I go?

SilverBullets

Right now, I feel like I have the world at my fingertips and need the assistance of my favorite internet friends to help me narrow some things down. I feel like this could be a fun thread where people can talk about if they were in my shoes, and could start it all over, what would they do. I welcome humorous responses and real responses. I'll do my best to avoid a wall of text but here's what's happening.

A few weeks ago the company I work for was acquired. It's very much an acquisition and not a merger. It's become fairly apparent in recent days that we (employees at my company) are not going to land on the right end of the stick. Sure, many people will keep their jobs, but, I work in a corporate service function which is mostly outsourced by acquiring company. Either way, let's hypothetically say I am out of a job. I get to start over.

Currently, I am 29 years old, college educated and have had some success early on in my career. I accepted a position at this company 3 years ago (well with our original parent company, but, a year ago we spun this line of business off into it's own company) and was promoted to IT Audit Manager about a year ago. I built our entire IT Audit team, the processes and procedures of the function and was just getting the team in to a spot where we are a 'well oiled' machine. I've been pretty proud of the things we have accomplished over the past year. In February, our Chief Auditor and I had discussions and were beginning the process of promoting me to Director of IT Audit. Something that is relatively unheard of in this company after just 1 year of management experience and 8 total years of experience. The expectation he communicated with me was 'later this summer, most likely towards the end of Q3'. That promotion, obviously, is no longer happening with the new company taking over.

Financially, I have no concerns. It looks like jobs won't be impacted for at least 6 months. In addition there are some things about my deal which put about 40% of my salary on the table in additional funds/income that escalate throughout the year depending on this acquisition and what happens.

My wife, whom just turned 28, and I grew up together here in Columbus. I actually own the house which my father grew up in (that's a story for a different thread). Columbus is all we really know. We travel a lot and have spent large amounts of time away from home (I studied abroad for instance for 4 months, spent 6 months in California for work, etc.) so I know being away from home won't blindside me like it does some.

So you and your wife are yet to turn 30, are in a situation where you can start over, anywhere in the country/world, you work in a 'hot' job field and have a wife who can practice her career anywhere, and you don't have kids (yay!). Where do you go? What do you do?

Our top thoughts, right now, are:

1. Phoenix

2. Seattle

3. SF (Would easily be #1 is housing weren't 5 times as expensive as Cbus)

4. The Carolinas (Charlotte, Charleston, etc)

5. ????

Help me out friends!

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come to Canada before the wall is built! We have lots of oil and fresh water and don't know what to do with all of it.

Also you're cool with taxes right?

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Ok, I'll play along.

1. Phoenix is super hot in the summer, but gorgeous the rest of the year. If you can make it past the first summer you will be fine. Golf is tough because you want to play when the weather is nice, but so does everyone else in the country so prices Jan to April are insane, but from April to Nov they are very good. So if you don't mind golfing in the warm weather, you can play some of the best courses for less than $50 a round when they are normally $180+ a round. Oh one last thing, you don't need to shovel the heat!

2. Seattle is cold and rainy. Yes it is "nice" in the summertime when it gets up to 70F, but that only lasts a month or two at best, and the rest of the year is in the 50s and typically raining. If you like warm weather, i.e. 70F+ I would look elsewhere, if you like to ski, then it might be for you because there is some of the best skiing in the world close by. Other than that, you need to take a flight to get anywhere else, opposed to Columbus you can drive to several major cities and more in less than a couple of hours.

3. I have never been to SF but from what I understand about cost of living, it would not be for me.

4. The Carolinas look fun. I have been a few times but only for vacations. I like the Charleston area or Myrtle Beach area. Charlotte seems fun. Are you a NASCAR guy? Charlotte is the home of NASCAR so if you aren't now, you might be when you get there!

5. I have 2 suggestions for other places to look into, ok 3. What about Florida Space Coast (Kennedy Space Center area)? I hear it is really picking up there and the cost of living seems affordable. I would worry about hurricanes but people have been living in FL forever so figure out how they deal with it and do the same.

Next suggestion, what about moving to the carribean for a few years? You are both young with no attachments, go live on Turks and Caicos for 2 years and see how it goes. You are still close to the US and family would be wanting to visit all the time. Golf might be a bummer there, but maybe you pick up some other hobbies.

Last suggestion, Hawaii. Kind of similar to the previous suggestion, but Hawaii has a huge IT industry. Much better golf than the carribean, and the family would still want to visit regularly. You are still in the US so no worries about currency exchanges.

What about Austrailia? Germany? Italy? UK? Ireland?

Lots to choose from!

RBZ Stage 2 Tour Driver Adjusted to 10.5*
RBZ Stage 2, 3 tour Hybrid Adjusted to 17*
Titleist CB712 3-PW
Titleist Vokey 56* wedge
Nike Method Core 4 Putter

Florida is over-run with Burmese pythons. I believe a Python just got elected governer there. The Python to human ratio is like 5-1.

Also they have alligators and Eastern diamondbacks which are the largest venomous snake in the world. You couldn't pay me to live in Florida

On the plus side though, apparently the weather is quite lukewarm and the rent is free, if you are in the belly of a Python.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

You won't like it here. Not a bit. Best to just stay away. Far away.

Never come here. It's horrific.

Honest.

I wouldn't lie about such things.

Really.

For reals.

Realz.

Earthquakes.

Spiders.

Mt. Rainier could blow at any time.

Have you seen the documentaries about the destruction that will cause?

It rains.

A lot.

All the time.

Traffic sucks.

Really bad.

For reals.

Realz.

All the time.

Taxes are high.

People are dumb.

They can't drive.

Ever.

All the time.

Stay away.

For your own good.

There's no good golf here, either.

You saw Chambers Bay on TV. Bad right?

Yep.

For reals.

Realz.

Stay away.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Vokey SM10 54M 58D
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

Colorado, plenty of golf.

sun shines something like 300 days a year, might be 4*, but the suns shining.

Seattle= Rain

Phoenix= Hot

Florida, I lived there for 6 years as a longliner, construction during my time ashore. I don't think I could live there...visit yes.

....However according to another member, given my past occupation I am the "dregs of society", so take my input with a grain of salt.

-D

Come to Boston!!

As we have talked in other threads, you know I lived near you. The #1 thing I missed about Boston was the people. People are VERY proud to live here, we stick up for each other just look how we responded to the Marathon Bombings.

It's a fantastic City for young kids like yourself. There is SOOOO much to do here. Don't let the "There is too much snow bulls**t" get in your head. EVERY climate has it's challenges, it's what are you willing to put up with. The season changes makes you have more than one hobby, yes golf is great in the warm weather but in the winter you can Ski or Snowmobile (my #1 choice).

I live 20 mins NW of Boston. I can be in RI, NH or Maine in 1 hour, CT or VT in < 90 mins.

With some recent Tax changes that neighboring states like CT have done, MAJOR corporations are moving to Boston like G.E., There is discussions that YALE University is considering leaving the state because they want to tax their endowment.

There are SOOOOOO many options for housing, you can live in the City or 20-30 mins outside of it for more family friendly housing. We have an amazing public transit system so if you work in Boston/Cambridge and live < 10 miles from there, you have a dozen train options to get there.

I have been to several of the cities you mentioned. I LOVED Seattle and San Diego as well as SF because it was so much like Boston to me.

Take a long weekend trip here and decide for yourself.

Callaway B21 9* Diamana Kai'Li 70S (Callaway RFE 9* Diamana Kai'Li 70s backup)
RFE 16.5* 4 wood Diamana Kai'Li 80S
RFE 21.5* 7 wood UST V2 Tour 86gr
Apex 4/Apex Pro 5-PW H45 heads Aerotech i110
Callaway MD3 52-10/58-09 S Grind
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 2016

Instagram Link
https://www.instagram.com/michaelfrederickphotography/?hl=en
[twitter]BigDudeGuy72[/twitter]

Come to Boston!!

As we have talked in other threads, you know I lived near you. The #1 thing I missed about Boston was the people. People are VERY proud to live here, we stick up for each other just look how we responded to the Marathon Bombings.

It's a fantastic City for young kids like yourself. There is SOOOO much to do here. Don't let the "There is too much snow bulls**t" get in your head. EVERY climate has it's challenges, it's what are you willing to put up with. The season changes makes you have more than one hobby, yes golf is great in the warm weather but in the winter you can Ski or Snowmobile (my #1 choice).

I live 20 mins NW of Boston. I can be in RI, NH or Maine in 1 hour, CT or VT in < 90 mins.

With some recent Tax changes that neighboring states like CT have done, MAJOR corporations are moving to Boston like G.E., There is discussions that YALE University is considering leaving the state because they want to tax their endowment.

There are SOOOOOO many options for housing, you can live in the City or 20-30 mins outside of it for more family friendly housing. We have an amazing public transit system so if you work in Boston/Cambridge and live < 10 miles from there, you have a dozen train options to get there.

I have been to several of the cities you mentioned. I LOVED Seattle and San Diego as well as SF because it was so much like Boston to me.

But they talk funny in Boston ovah theere.

And the LAYDEEZZ are a bit rough

Titleist 905R - 10.5°
Titleist 904f - 17°/22°
Mizuno MP32 - 4-PW
Cleveland 588 Forged 50°/54°/60°
Wilson Staff 8882

Phoenix is great for weather and housing prices are palatable. IT is becoming a viable industry here, ASU believe it or not leading the way on that.

I've been here 16 years and by far play more golf in the summer. I'm out of shape and the heat doesn't bother me much. Maybe I'm used to it, but if it's insanely hot then I just don't drink beer on the course.

Phoenix as a whole is a "bedroom community " tho - people go to work, come home and stay inside or in the privacy of their walled in yard. There is little sense of community or socialization. People root for their hometown teams endlessly and reluctantly tolerate the Cards and DBacks. The Coyotes are in a constant state of GTFO. Every offseason there is an uproar to keep them then every season they draw 6 people per home game. But our government is decent, and you can find great schools aside from our system being 48th in the US. The airport is top notch and flights are delayed by local weather maybe a handful of times during monsoon season. I've toyed with moving to FL but now that we are starting a family I think we will stay put. Fl is nice to visit and fine for those with no kids, but I wouldn't raise a family there, just to cukoo. California is nutso with taxes and cost of living. If the Caribbean is your thing do that as others have said, once in a lifetime chance. USVI and Cayman have IT industries.

Come to Boston!!

+1 to everything mentioned here, although I am about 5 years younger than you there is so much to do in and around the city for any and all ages , not to mention great golf (although majority of the GREAT tracks are private The Country Club, Boston Golf Club, Black Rock to name a few) but plenty of excellent public courses. Plus it is hard to beat Cape Cod in the summer.

And to the post (I assume said in jest) about the "ladies looking funny" I reccomend taking a stroll in the seaport district in the summer ;)

I appreciate the responses. I got tied up in some things (mainly playing hookie from work to hang out with my life). Some good suggestions in here.

MTLJeff - Ironically, the company who acquired us is based in Calgary and is an oil and gas company (as are we). I will leave it at that as to not give away anymore information about work specific things. You can figure it out pretty easily.

So one thing I should stipulate is we are done with harsh winters. Cbus has 4 very distinct season. Pretty damn cold, gloomy winters... Ok springs which are wet.. Hot muggy summers.. Beautiful fall weather. I'm over the snow. I love to ski but my family has a second for that which I can use at anytime.

The summers in Phoenix scare me. I sweat... A lot. But mostly I sweat in humidity and not really due to pure heat. I work in Houston fairly often and basically pit out just walking to my car haha.

Seattle, to me, doesn't have as harsh of winters as Columbus. Maybe that's wrong, I don't really know, but I've always believed it was more mild. I can deal with 40* with no problem. It's those 7* days with a low of -2* in February here in Columbus which are just brutal. I also have been to Seattle a few times and while it rained a little here and there it wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be. It actually gets less precipitation per year than Columbus. Seriously the more I think about it the more I wonder why people live in Columbus haha. I mean it's a solid place to raise a family. There are great restaurants and there is plenty to do. But man, the weather is terrible. We get the worst of every season.

One other stipulation is, I would prefer to be within a direct flight of Columbus. That way we could come back for long weekends and special occasions. Both of families live here, we have many friends here and a bunch (5) of nieces and nephews under the age of 4. It would be awesome to be able to make it back easily on a whim for some of those special life moments. We have a rediculius amount of airlines miles so using them is easy.

I've loosely looked at jobs. SF is riddled with IT Audit Manager positions. Seattle has a few. Phoenix has even less. The Carolinas have like 1.

Good thing I have 6-8 months to figure it out.

Come to Boston!!

+1 to everything mentioned here, although I am about 5 years younger than you there is so much to do in and around the city for any and all ages , not to mention great golf (although majority of the GREAT tracks are private The Country Club, Boston Golf Club, Black Rock to name a few) but plenty of excellent public courses. Plus it is hard to beat Cape Cod in the summer.

And to the post (I assume said in jest) about the "ladies looking funny" I reccomend taking a stroll in the seaport district in the summer ;)

I have actually never been Boston. It's on my short list but it hasn't worked out for a variety of reasons. I have a buddy from college living there and he raves about it

^^ the winters here aren't as bad as many say... This winter I golfed almost all of November, 4-5 times in December, 2-3 times in January, once in February and have golfed 5 times so far this March... The winter prior to this... Well we got some 5+ feet of snow but that was an anomaly and we got much of it in ~4-6 weeks. As aforementioned come try it for a long weekend and I'm sure you won't be disappointed, plus the sports teams here are usually always competitive and have great fan atmospheres.

If you for some reason don't like Boston, give the Atlanta region a try, I visit a college buddy down there often and it is awesome, obviously plenty of great golf and weather and from a quick Google seems like there are direct flights back home for you. Best of luck in your search.

Come to Calgary!! Actually don't we might turn into Detroit if oil doesn't rebound (slight hyperbole).

I've been to most of the places listed here and my favorite is Denver. This is of course just visiting but I do have good family friends their who previously lived in Houston after they left Calgary and they love Denver. I might just like Denver cause the topography and everything seems quite similar to Calgary but it was awesome.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

I think you should move to Ann Arbor. Great university there to retool your skills.

In all seriousness (because I know you won't pick that), Denver or SF would be at the top of my list. If I had no debt and no kids, and could get jobs there, I'd make it work.

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

In all seriousness, i like the pacific northwest a lot. Seattle and Portland are 2 of my favorite cities in the US. But it depends what type of dude you are, i don't like super big cities, i don't mind a little rain and overcast skies, and i don't mind some of the west coast pace. Major east coast cities to me is just a bunch of A-holes yelling at each other LOL (I joke that i always know when i land in Montreal because i hear people complaining in 2 languages).

If i was going to move somewhere in the US, it would be one of those cities. I don't necessarily know the job market super well in either, only that Portland is an underrated tech city. But i've visited pretty much every major city in the US and those are my favorites

Austin is a really nice city too, and on the east coast i liked Raleigh a lot too.

All 4 of those cities are medium sized, decent markets, and low crime rates on average, and the winters aren't bad. Would hit my must haves

But im a Canadian guy at heart. I love Montreal and would hate to move. I actually like Winter too

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

In all seriousness, i like the pacific northwest a lot. Seattle and Portland are 2 of my favorite cities in the US. But it depends what type of dude you are, i don't like super big cities, i don't mind a little rain and overcast skies, and i don't mind some of the west coast pace. Major east coast cities to me is just a bunch of A-holes yelling at each other LOL (I joke that i always know when i land in Montreal because i hear people complaining in 2 languages).

If i was going to move somewhere in the US, it would be one of those cities. I don't necessarily know the job market super well in either, only that Portland is an underrated tech city. But i've visited pretty much every major city in the US and those are my favorites

Austin is a really nice city too, and on the east coast i liked Raleigh a lot too.

All 4 of those cities are medium sized, decent markets, and low crime rates on average, and the winters aren't bad. Would hit my must haves

But im a Canadian guy at heart. I love Montreal and would hate to move. I actually like Winter too

There is something about the Pac NW that just works for me. I feel completely at peace every time I am there. Whether it's in SF, Seattle or Oregon. I just love it. In total I've probably been to one of those 3 cities 10 times in the last 6 or so years. The cost of living is just crazy.

We are very active people. Love being outside. We both play golf. Both ski. We cycle, take walks with our dogs, run, workout, eat out and just generally like to live pretty active lives (side note, you would think I am skinny based on all those things I do.. But I consider myself 'fit fat'... In other words, I can run 10 miles with no problem but I weigh 20 lbs more than I should... And it's not muscle...)

I was shocked but last night I found a job in Charleston, SC which is exactly what I do today at the same level. My wife and I grew up vacationing down there with our respective families.

Denver has been brought up. I would do it but my wife wouldn't. A ton of people from our school relocated out there and that has made her immediately hate it haha. We were there a couple of years ago and she enjoyed it, but didn't love it.

Boston is just too much snow man. We will certainly be there soon for a long weekend but nope. Feet of snow isn't going to work unless I'm living on a mountain.

Austin is really good thought. We actually like Houston a lot as a livable city (I wouldn't vacation there). I have been there 6 or so times in the last 12 months and have found some really cool pockets which we enjoy going out to dinner in (The Heights, Montrose, Highland Park). My wife's best friend actually relocated down there so we, ironically, were there a week ago. Austin is like an actual cool version of Houston. That would def. be an option.

I nominate my city of Nashville! I can play golf pretty much year round. No state income taxes. One of the top and fastest growing cities in the country. NFL, NHL, AAA Baseball, and an incredible music scene of all kinds.

I have 2 big issues with Nashville. The first is I don't drink (I have a pancreas condition, I'm not a stiff). The second, I hate country music and my wife hates it even more. Those are like the 2 things that entire city was built on. It would be like living in Columbus and hating college football. It just doesn't work.

Come to Calgary!! Actually don't we might turn into Detroit if oil doesn't rebound (slight hyperbole).

I've been to most of the places listed here and my favorite is Denver. This is of course just visiting but I do have good family friends their who previously lived in Houston after they left Calgary and they love Denver. I might just like Denver cause the topography and everything seems quite similar to Calgary but it was awesome.

Nah you're good. You guys just bought in to the Marcellus and Utica shale region. Canada's oil and gas economy is now going to have a large amount growth coming out of America. That's where my job is going haha (I'm seriously not bitter at all, I understand it and the industry... It's just kind of funny).

There is something about the Pac NW that just works for me. I feel completely at peace every time I am there. Whether it's in SF, Seattle or Oregon. I just love it. In total I've probably been to one of those 3 cities 10 times in the last 6 or so years. The cost of living is just crazy.

We are very active people. Love being outside. We both play golf. Both ski. We cycle, take walks with our dogs, run, workout, eat out and just generally like to live pretty active lives (side note, you would think I am skinny based on all those things I do.. But I consider myself 'fit fat'... In other words, I can run 10 miles with no problem but I weigh 20 lbs more than I should... And it's not muscle...)

I was shocked but last night I found a job in Charleston, SC which is exactly what I do today at the same level. My wife and I grew up vacationing down there with our respective families.

Denver has been brought up. I would do it but my wife wouldn't. A ton of people from our school relocated out there and that has made her immediately hate it haha. We were there a couple of years ago and she enjoyed it, but didn't love it.

Boston is just too much snow man. We will certainly be there soon for a long weekend but nope. Feet of snow isn't going to work unless I'm living on a mountain.

Austin is really good thought. We actually like Houston a lot as a livable city (I wouldn't vacation there). I have been there 6 or so times in the last 12 months and have found some really cool pockets which we enjoy going out to dinner in (The Heights, Montrose, Highland Park). My wife's best friend actually relocated down there so we, ironically, were there a week ago. Austin is like an actual cool version of Houston. That would def. be an option.

I don't like Houston personally. Tons of urban sprawl, takes 45 minutes to go anywhere, and it's the fattest city in the US (mostly because it's hot and people can't be as active, plus food portions are wayyyy too big). Kind of goes against your principles of being active and not sweating (I sweat a lot too, so this city sucks for me). Austin is a better choice IMO. Drier and fitter.

I don't like Houston personally. Tons of urban sprawl, takes 45 minutes to go anywhere, and it's the fattest city in the US (mostly because it's hot and people can't be as active, plus food portions are wayyyy too big). Kind of goes against your principles of being active and not sweating (I sweat a lot too, so this city sucks for me). Austin is a better choice IMO. Drier and fitter.

I may need to look into Austin a bit more.

My other comment....I'd probably wait and see what the company would do for me before outright leaving. Yeah it's good to prepare just in case, but some other things could happen too....

1) you might end up with a bigger, better role, especially if you are well liked in your old company. Chances are they will keep the better folks at least in the short term.

2) you might get packaged out. Even though you are looking for new work, at least you are taking some money with you.

We're exactly the same way, i'm a golfer, my wife rides horses...we ski together , go jogging together on occasion (i run a ton but she is busier with her job). So access to some parks and trails is huge for us too. And the winter, provided it's not -30, actually can be pretty fun for activities too

Great thing about the US is that there's a lot of options. This thread is proof of that. A lot of places that are nice , good sized cities with a lot to offer. Canada is like Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver, and other then that either your neighbor is a polar bear (Winnipeg) or Ned Flanders (the Maritimes). And even then, Toronto is friggin expensive, and i couldn't do Vancouver because i have no idea which street gang i would join.

Good luck with everything! moving can be stressful but also full of opportunity

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Crap i forgot about Alberta ....sorry Knock it Close....

Please keep sending us oil money. Cha-ching!!!!!

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

We're exactly the same way, i'm a golfer, my wife rides horses...we ski together , go jogging together on occasion (i run a ton but she is busier with her job). So access to some parks and trails is huge for us too. And the winter, provided it's not -30, actually can be pretty fun for activities too

Great thing about the US is that there's a lot of options. This thread is proof of that. A lot of places that are nice , good sized cities with a lot to offer. Canada is like Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver, and other then that either your neighbor is a polar bear (Winnipeg) or Ned Flanders (the Maritimes). And even then, Toronto is friggin expensive, and i couldn't do Vancouver because i have no idea which street gang i would join.

Good luck with everything! moving can be stressful but also full of opportunity

Haha this made me laugh. My wife and I are pretty excited. I don't stress out. It's not in my make up. I just kind of deal with it and continue to flow forward. We are really excited for what this opportunity may bring.

My other comment....I'd probably wait and see what the company would do for me before outright leaving. Yeah it's good to prepare just in case, but some other things could happen too....

1) you might end up with a bigger, better role, especially if you are well liked in your old company. Chances are they will keep the better folks at least in the short term.

2) you might get packaged out. Even though you are looking for new work, at least you are taking some money with you.

Yup so I certainly am not making a move this second. I am just trying to figure out what to do if I need to make a move. But I'm also not going to just wait for them to hand me a box. If I find something really good than I will act on it.

I have been identified as a key contributor and have some retention incentives on the table (which I've accepted) which should be completed within 6 months total. Its fairly lucrative and in my best interest to stay for at least the first 2 waves. I was promoted to manager a year ago. Built this team and function. Had a lot of fun with it and as of February was in process of being promoted to director. Things were moving very fast and I believe I was highly thought of throughout the leadership team. So there's obviously a chance that this is all moot and they offer me something great to stick around. I'll be helping with the transition team so I will be able to interact with the new company's team. While I kind of have one foot out and am exploring my options and figuring out what I truly want in life... I am committed to doing the best job I can and being fully supportive of the process. It's one those things. I have a philosophy that there is no reason to do things wrong or half a**. If you are going to do it and going to put any level in it you might as well do it right. No sense in wasting time.