APPLY: ECCO CAGE EVO Member Testing. 5 GolfWRXers wanted!

• How many rounds do you play per week? Usually 4, average around 12/month
  • Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Scottsdale, AZ
  • What footwear do you currently wear? Ecco, FJ primarily
  • Have you worn ECCO golf shoes before? Yes!
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 44
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes. Yes - no problem whatsoever.
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. As I walk most of my rounds (90%+), I would talk about the fit, comfort, weight, and wear characteristics. I would discuss the support of the sole, stability of the shoe in all types of lies, including desert lies, and discuss the ease of cleaning.

Thanks for this opportunity!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• How many rounds do you play per week?- 6 rounds a Week.
  • Where are you located- Athens, Ga
  • What footwear do you currently wear?- Nike Lunar Control 4.
  • Have you worn ECCO golf shoes before? No.
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 44, (10.5)
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes. Yes I fully agree.
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. I would try the shoes on many courses, Sloped and relatively flat. I would wear them for 9,18, and 27 hole days. I would also bring into account how I felt the weight, support, look, and spikes of the shoes felt. I would make sure to give honest feedback and review. Thank You very much, I hope to be chosen.

• How many rounds do you play per week? 1-2 rounds per week.

• Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Richmond, Virginia

• What footwear do you currently wear? Footjoy shoes. Mainly FJ Icons but I have a pair of Project Ms and a pair of refurbished Classics that I breakout occasionally.

• Have you worn ECCO golf shoes before? Yes, I have worn a pair of Ecco Street Premier before (early Fred Couples model - I think they were Street Premier).

• If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes. Yes, I agree.

• Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. My testing would encompass the look, quality, craftsmanship, and feel of the shoes on my feet. I would wear them both to range and while playing for at least 3 or 4 rounds to see how they feel initially, how well they break in, how much support they offer, how heavy/light they feel, and how they make my feet feel after playing a round. I play in the mornings and even if it hasn't rained, there is usually enough dew that the shoe's waterproofing would also be tested. My comparison points would be to my Footjoy Project Ms and Footjoy Icons.

• How many rounds do you play per week? 1-2
  • Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Milwaukee, WI
  • What footwear do you currently wear? Nike TW 13 and TW 14
  • Have you worn ECCO golf shoes before? Yes, I own a pair of the Tour Hybrid Wingtip.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes. Certainly!
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. I'm not a big fan of riding a cart on the course, so for me shoes need to fit two major criteria...comfort during the round (and no pain after!) and adequate grip during the swing (a major reason that I prefer spikes to spikeless shoes). For the CAGE EVO, I would put them through the paces that I do with each new pair that I purchase...first, I wear them around the house doing pretty much anything (including lying on the couch, much to the chagrin of my wife) to make sure that they fit properly and won't cause me pain during the round. Then, I walk several rounds with them making note of the grip and stability during the swing as well as the comfort while walking the course. Then need to be able to handle all the different hills, slopes, terrain, sand, and especially wet and soggy grass (of which there is quite a bit here in Wisconsin). Finally, when I take them off (and toss on the cedar shoe trees, an absolute necessity), I like to make sure that they haven't caused any residual pain in my feet. I'm a major sneaker-head, especially for golf shoes, and I have yet to find a pair that I like more than my TW's, so I would love to try these ECCO CAGE EVO to see if they can dethrone the current champs!

Callaway Epic Speed TD LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x
Callaway Epic Flash 15* and 21* ACCRA CS1 70 M5
Adams Super 9031 23* Nunchuk Xi
Newl Level 902 Forged 5-P Nippon Modus 125X
Cleveland RTX4 50 and New Level M-Type 54, 58 Nippon Modus 125
Byron Morgan 612
Shapland stand bag or PING Moonlite
Snell MTB X

• How many rounds do you play per week? 3 rounds
  • Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Farmingville, NY
  • What footwear do you currently wear? Adidas
  • Have you worn ECCO golf shoes before? Yes
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 9
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? YES
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. Play morning and afternoon rounds, in wet and dry weather. I will be able to see how the shoes hold up in all types of weather and conditions.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 10.5ΒΊ
Fairways: Taylormade Original One 13.5ΒΊ & SIM2 21ΒΊΒ 
Irons: Taylormade P770 4-6 &Β P7MCΒ 7-PW
Wedges: Taylormade Milled Grind 3 50ΒΊ, 54ΒΊ, 60ΒΊ &Β Hi Toe 64ΒΊ
Putter: Taylormade MySpider X Black - 34Β inches

• How many rounds do you play per week? 2-3 rounds, full-time student
  • Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Berkeley, CA
  • What footwear do you currently wear? Ecco and Footjoy
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 46
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? YES
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. It gets pretty dewy up here in the Bay Area, especially in the early mornings. A few 6am tee times would be in order. I walk most of the time, probably 4 out of every 5 rounds. Testing them getting in and out of a cart would provide valuable data as well, though. I think a notepad on-course to jot down thoughts would be useful, as well as a spreadsheet online to track conditions, dates, and other data. The course I play most often is extremely hilly, so that will provide a versatile testing ground. I'd like to take them out to this links course I know that gets very windy in the afternoons. This would help test their stability from tee through the green. I'd also be curious to see how they hold up aesthetically. I currently use the Ecco wax every few rounds, I suspect these would perform similarly, but would have to see to know for sure.

Payson AZ

Footjooy

no

YES

I would evaluate them based on feel, fit, and style first. Next i would head to the course to see how they perform. I walk a lot of golf and i wear out shoes very quickly so a large part of my shoe choices are based on durability and how a shoe breaks in. I would evaluate traction, feel during swing, and lastly break-in time and durability. Each would include my own descriptions of the criteria and what i'm looking for in a shoe and how the Ecco Cage EVO scores in each of the criteria.

• How many rounds do you play per week? I play 0.5-1 round per week, but usually not more than 3-4 rounds per month
  • Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Edmond, OK
  • What footwear do you currently wear? FJ DNA
  • Have you worn ECCO golf shoes before? No
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 42
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? Yes
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. I prefer to play earlier in the day when possible so morning dew is something to be concerned about and how the waterproofing holds up. If it is going to rain and still be conducive to golf, I'll lace up and hit the range/course for a while to test the waterproofness. Traction is one of the big things I found helpful with the DNA's over my older TruLinks shoes. There would definitely be comparison to the FJ's. Lastly, comfort. I don't wear leather soled, traditional shoes anymore because I see no point in my feet killing me at the end of a round. Many of the newer shoes to the market have come a long way in comfort while still maintaining traction. I would definitely want to compare to the DNA's and Tru's. I have found the Tru's to be superior in comfort while lacking the traction of the FJ DNA's. DNA comfort is good enough for now, but could be better. I'd like to see where the Cage fits in the mix!

-Doc Todd

Wishon 919 9* Kuro Kage 70gm stiff
R11 15.5 3w stock stiff
R11 19 3h stock stiff
Mizuno MP 53 4-P S300
Scor 50/54/58
Old school Ping Anser with loads of lead tape

• How many rounds do you play per week? I try to get out 2 or 3 times a week
  • Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Edwardsville, IL
  • What footwear do you currently wear? Adidas tour 360
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 45, us size 11-11.5
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes. yes of course
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. I would directly compare them to my Adidas tour 360 in all areas from comfort, style, and performance. I think for all of us the importance of a golf shoe is that it is comfortable for a multiple rounds and that the shoes can handle our swings without sliding all over the place. I would really try to focus on how stable they can make me while i swing.
  • Thank you for the opportunity . :clapping:

• How many rounds do you play per week? 2-3
  • Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Fort Worth, Texas
  • What footwear do you currently wear? New Balance Minimus
  • Have you worn ECCO golf shoes before? No, but I have tried them on at stores.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes. Yes, would be happy to.
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. I walk almost every round so I'd walk a few nines to break them in and then at least one round of 18 before giving an opinion.

• How many rounds do you play per week? between 2 and 3 rounds per week
  • Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Clermont, Florida
  • What footwear do you currently wear? Truelinkswear pros
  • Have you worn ECCO golf shoes before?yes
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)?size 47
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes. Absolutely, no problems doing that
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. Well Shoes are a bit different than the usual testing, but obviously playing a round riding and playing a round walking in both the CAGE EVO and my current shoes would be on the plate. (maybe nine holes walking... its getting hot here in Florida :P)

• How many rounds do you play per week? I am swinging a golf club generally 4 days a week. this time of year I usually get in 4 rounds a week (yea...i'm single :))
  • Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Dallas, TX
  • What footwear do you currently wear? I have 3 different pairs that I cycle through, two Adidas tour 360 pairs and one ECCO biom.
  • Have you worn ECCO golf shoes before? Yes, I've owned a two different pairs of Bioms and two pairs of Biom Hybrids
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 45
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes. Yes, not a problem
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. I would judge them in terms of fit, comfort, durability, weight and stability. In all of these categories I'd be comparing them to previous pairs of Eccos and my other two current pairs of Adidas tour 360s during range sessions, riding rounds and walking rounds. Thanks for the chance to test these out!

How many rounds do you play per week?

- 3-4

Β 

Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)?

-St. Charles, Illinois

Β 

What footwear do you currently wear?

- 2015 Nike TW

Β 

Have you worn ECCO golf shoes before?

- No

Β 

What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)?

- 45 wide if possible

Β 

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread?

- Yes I do

Β 

We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes.

Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes.

Β 

I play several rounds a week, walking at least twice a week. I certainly can compare them under all conditions, as well as directly against both Adidas and Nike premium models.

• How many rounds do you play per week? 2-3 rounds per week
  • Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Akron OH
  • What footwear do you currently wear? Adidas Adipower Boost, Nike TW 2014
  • Have you worn ECCO golf shoes before? Yes, Ecco Biom Hybrid(original)
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 47
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes. Yes, not a problem
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. I would wear these during one of my weekend rounds and compare not only to the Biom Hybrids I used to own but also to my current favorites, the Adidas Boosts. I would be judging on comfort right out of the box, comfort/support during the round, turf interaction/traction, and durability. I play the majority of my rounds early in the morning with dew still on the ground, so the water resistance is a major factor for me, and the main reason I gave up on the Biom Hybrids.

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

How many rounds do you play per week? three or four

Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Rochester, MN

What footwear do you currently wear? Ecco and Footjoy

Have you worn ECCO golf shoes before? yes

What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 8-8.5

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? Yes

Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. The course I play on is very hilly and I always walk. Consequently, any shoes I wear get a good workout. For me, comfort and stability are significant factors in evaluating shoes. I also suffer from planar fasciitis, so the support the shoes provide is very important. Considering the number of rounds I play, I think I could give these shoes an excellent assessment and would love to see how well they perform.

How many rounds do you play per week? 2 rounds

• Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Virginia Beach, VA
  • What footwear do you currently wear? Footjoy and Nike.
  • Have you worn ECCO golf shoes before? No.
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 11/11.5 W
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes. Yes.
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. I would compare them to popular models from Footjoy and Nike. I would give a review on feel, stability, durability, and looks. I would walk at least 18 holes straight to determine comfort. I would also use them on the range to hit many balls to determine if the shoes help my shot performance.

• How many rounds do you play per week? 3 - 4 per week...all walking
  • Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Cincinnati, OH
  • What footwear do you currently wear? FJ Hyperflex (size 14)
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 48
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes. Yes
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. I walk all of my rounds on a hilly course. I'll compare them to my experience over the last year with the FJ Hyperflex and FJ M Projects from the year before, as well as 30 years of various golf shoes. I've spent my career in product development, so I know what to look for from both a product and use point of view and I can write well -- concise but nuanced.

Ping G400 Max, 9.5, Tour 65 S Cobra AMP Cell 3+ (13) Taylormade RBZ 3HL (17) Wishon 775HS 3Hyb (21) - Modus 120X Mizuno JPX 919 Forged (5-G) - Modus 120X Mizuno S18 - 56 & 60 - Modus 120X Odyssey Sabertooth www.YourGolfHeadcovers.com

• How many rounds do you play per week? one to two
  • Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Augusta, GA
  • What footwear do you currently wear? Footjoy Icon Black
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 43
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? Yes
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. I would wear these shoes in both morning and afternoon rounds. This would offer the opportunity wear them during both the morning dew periods and afternoon dry periods. This would offer the ability to test waterproof capability as well as traction in both wet and dry conditions. I walk with a push cart on a hilly course, so wearing these shoes during various parts of the day will also offer the chance to test the comfort level of the shoes after a round of golf. Breathability, waterproofing, and comfort are crucial to a successful shoe for those who walk the course while playing. Wearing these shoes straight out of the box for a round is also a great opportunity to test the break-in timeframe for the shoes. I have noticed that some shoes require about 18-27 holes to break in, while others will require less or more holes.

How many rounds do you play per week?

• Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Gales Ferry, CT
  • What footwear do you currently wear? Ecco Pro Street
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 11 (45)
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes. YES
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. I would use them as I use my normal shoes, on the range, walking the course. I would pay attention to comfort, performance during the swing, and durability.