APPLY: ECCO CAGE EVO Member Testing. 5 GolfWRXers wanted!

How many rounds do you play per week? >> Usually 1 on the weekend

• Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? >>Boston, Ma
  • What footwear do you currently wear? >>Tru-Links Senei
  • Have you worn ECCO golf shoes before? >> I have 2 pair that i don't use due to sizing
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? >> Somewhere between 40 and 41.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes. >>Yes but no photoshop, I won't be cleaning the shoes before the photo, I like to walk a lot and early mornings.
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. >> Walking as much as possible and comparing the comfort against my other 4 pairs I walk in.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many rounds do you play per week? 1 round per week with 4 or 5 driving range sessions where I wear my golf shoes

Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Mt Pleasant, SC

What footwear do you currently wear? Nike Lunar Command

Have you worn ECCO golf shoes before? No

What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 44M

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes. Yes

Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. I would wear the golf shoes during all my range sessions to test how they feel during my swing and how they affect my footwork and stability. I would test them out during my rounds to see how much stability they provide from a variety of slopes and lies and the level of comfort they provide. I've found with my golf swing that the way my golf shoes allow me to feel the ground really affects my swing so this would also be a serious consideration in how I would review the shoes.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* w/Mitsubishi Diamana GT 60S
Titleist TSR2 15* w/VA Composites Nemesys 75S
Taylormade Stealth 2 Hybrid 19* w/VA Composites Nemesys 90S
Callaway Rogue ST Pro 4-PW w/Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist SM9 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/Project X LZ 6.0
Edel EAS 2.0 Putter
Vice Pro

How many rounds do you play per week?

• Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Boston, MA
  • What footwear do you currently wear? Nike, Footjoy, New Balance
  • Have you worn ECCO golf shoes before? No
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 43
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes. Yes
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. Playing golf and going to the range to directly compare them to the other shoes I currently use.

• How many rounds do you play per week? Two
  • Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Knoxville, TN
  • What footwear do you currently wear? Footjoy ICON
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 47M
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes. Yes, would be fun to participate in the thread. Pictures and opinions would be easy as well.
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. I walk most of my rounds, which I think is the best test for a golf shoe.

• How many rounds do you play per week? 3 Rounds of par 72, 1-2 of par 3
  • Where are you located? Portland, OR
  • What footwear do you currently wear? Adidas Adicross
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 45M
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes. Absolutely! Have the Cannon on stand by :)
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. I will throw them through the ringer that is my golf week (I walk all rounds) Also I hope to bring these on the Scotland trip that I win as well :golfer:

• How many rounds do you play per week? >> Usually 1 full round on the weekend, but three times a week for nine holes. All walking.
  • Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? >>Ames, IA
  • What footwear do you currently wear? >> Nike, Adidas, and Ecco biom hybrid
  • Have you worn ECCO golf shoes before? >> Yes. My favorite
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? >> 8 normal (42 I believe for Ecco)
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes. >> No problem
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. >> Ecco biom is one of the most comfortable shoes I have tried. It's slippery sometime and want to test whether Cage evo provides good traction and same comfortability.

My bag:

Titleist 917D3 w/ Tour AD BB S
Titleist 917 13.5
Miura 202 3-p NS pro S Pured
Mirua Wedge 53 and 58
Scotty Cameron 2.6/California

• How many rounds do you play per week? 3-5
  • Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Littleton, CO
  • What footwear do you currently wear? Foot Joy Hyperflex
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 45
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes. Yes
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. I am very hard on shoes because I have to wear a full leg brace on my right leg. So I am always looking for shoes that provide the amout of traction and grip that I need but also provide comfort and support. I walk a majority of the rounds I play and I am lucky enough to get out to the practice range on a regular basis. I really wouldn't do anything out of the ordinary to test these shoes but I would be able to put them through their paces because of how hard I tend to be on shoes. If these shoes can survive my brace and golf game they would be some pretty tough shoes!

#Mizuno
#PlayFamously
#TeamJPX

• How many rounds do you play per week? 2-3 rounds
  • Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Richmond, VA
  • What footwear do you currently wear? Ecco (Biom Hybrid)
  • Have you worn ECCO golf shoes before? Yes
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 42
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? YES
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. Usually play weekend morning and then some evenings. Morning round usually damp or wet so would test for date resistance and appearance after getting damp. I always walk so would like to compare these to the Biom Hybrid for comfort and grip. This would be a good comparison given the Cage has cleats.

Ping G430 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6S
Ping G410  17.5* and 20.5* Tour stiff

Ping G425 5 Hybrid 
Ping I230 6-pw - Project X IO 6.0
Ping Glide 4.0 50/54/58 Project X IO 6.0
Ping Redwood Anser - Starshot Finish

Titleist Pro V1X

• How many rounds do you play per week? 1-2 somtimes more.
  • Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Denver, CO
  • What footwear do you currently wear?Footjoy Icons, Adidas Pure 360
  • Have you worn ECCO golf shoes before? NO
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)?7, mid-wide to wide
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoe? Initial inspection to gauge quality by feel and sight. Visual inspection before and after each round for quality and durability. Written notes and picture throughout rounds and after rounds. I have flat small feet and it is very difficult to find a shoe that are comfortable and fit right. I fall out of the normal size category so it could be a great way to review the shoe. Not everyone is size 9-10 with normal width feet.

TaylorMade Sim2 Max 10.5* GD AD-MT 7X
Titleist 917 F2 18* GD AD-TP 8X

3 Mizuno MP-20 hmb Rifle 6.5
4-6 Mizuno MP-64 Rifle 6.5
7-9 Mizuno MP-4 Rifle 6.5
47*, 52*, 56*, 61* Mizuno S18 Satin Rifle 6.5

• How many rounds do you play per week? 4 or more (When I am not working at my club, I am on the golf course or practice range.)
  • Where are you located (Rochester Ny)?
  • What footwear do you currently wear: Footjob DryJoys
  • Have you worn ECCO golf shoes before? NO
  • What is your ECCO shoe size: 12W
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? Of course would be my pleasure
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes: I have never owned a sneaker type golf shoe, I have always wore classic style shoes. I would be able to approach this with an open mind for golfers who have never worn a sneaker type golf shoe. I am always in golf shoes at work as well walking a mile a day, before hitting the links. I am honest and would give a review that would not be biased to your offer.

play per week? One

Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Houston, TX

What footwear do you currently wear? Puma Biodrive

What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 44

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? YES

Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. I struggle with finding a comfortable shoe that can handle damp grass and Houston humidity and are breathable and won't make my feet sweat. I prefer sneaker style shoes so I would love to give these a try and see how they compare to other shoes I have owned.

• How many rounds do you play per week?- One round per week.
  • Where are you located?-Kansas City. Kansas
  • What footwear do you currently wear?- Foot Joys
  • Have you worn ECCO golf shoes before?- Yes
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 13
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes. Yes I would love to.
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes.
  • I will test them with a normal round riding in a cart and also test them walking a 18 hole round as well. Test how they feel in the rough . fairway and on the green. Test how they feel driving and every other type of shot on a golf course up hill, side hill. down hill lies and how comfortable and cool they are on warm days. Then also test them by running them through the washer to see how they clean up.

2 rounds per week

Newman,CA

Adidas gripmore sport // New Balance Minimus LX sport

No

I do agree to take some great pictures of me putting them through their paces.

I'll give them a thorough walkthrough and some basic waterproofing. Additionally I'll test them on some tougher traction conditions at work :).

G425 Max 9*o w/ RIP Beta
TEE CBX19 16.5*
Sub70 699U 19.5*
P770 5-P
Exo #7

• How many rounds do you play per week? 2-3
  • Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Minneapolis, MN
  • What footwear do you currently wear? Nike
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 46/12-12.5
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. My testing approach would be to test in variety of course terrains (flat vs elevation changes), stability/traction on different course conditions (different grass species, dry vs wet), comfort under different conditions (walking vs riding), short vs long duration comfort (9 vs 18 vs 36), and ability to keep feet dry under extremely wet/humid conditions.

How many rounds do you play per week? 2 Rounds

Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Atlanta, GA

What footwear do you currently wear? Footjoy Freestyle

Have you worn ECCO golf shoes before? Yes

What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 42

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes. Yes

Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. I would test the shoes by wearing them extensively for all rounds played over the next month. I would provide my assessment of fit & comfort, performance characteristics (grip, waterproofness, etc.) and aesthetics. I would also put them head to head with my current favorite shoes, the Footjoy Freestyle.

PXG 0811X gen1 driver 10.5* Veylix Rome 688 stiff

PXG 0341 gen1 3 wood 15* Veylix Rome 888 stiff

PXG 0317 gen1 3 hybrid 19* Veylix Rome 988 stiff

PXG 0317 gen1 5 hybrid 25* Veylix Rome 988 stiff

Edel Variable Length irons 27*, 34* & 41* Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Edel Signature wedges 49* & 57* Nippon Modus3 115 wedge

Edel EAS 2.0 putter

- I play 4-5 rounds a week.

- Fayetteville, PA

- Currently wear Skechers & FJ

- Never worn ECCO

- Size 42

- Happy to participate in the discussions

- I would alternate them with the Skechers + FJ as I play quite a bit and ALWAYS walk the course. They would get

a real test....

Thanks for the opportunity to review these.

HOW TO APPLY:

In the post below, provide answers to the following questions:

• How many rounds do you play per week?
  • Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)?
  • What footwear do you currently wear?
  • Have you worn ECCO golf shoes before?
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)?
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes.

• How many rounds do you play per week? 3+( walking exclusively)
  • Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Charlotte, NC
  • What footwear do you currently wear? Puma
  • Have you worn ECCO golf shoes before? Yes and loved them
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 41
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. I would do a comparison to the several pair of shoes I have in rotation and rate the shoes on a scale of factors being Comfort, support, wear-ability, durability, impact on the golf swing/ relationship to the ground/usability.

• How many rounds do you play per week? 2-3
  • Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Green Bank, WV
  • What footwear do you currently wear? ECCO or True Linkswear
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 47
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. I would break them in by hitting balls, followed by walking a couple rounds to see how my feet feel after. Try to hit off of soft ground as well as firm.

• How many rounds do you play per week? 2 rounds (Exclusively Walk!)
  • Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Sumas, Wa.
  • What footwear do you currently wear? Adidas Adipure
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes. For sure! I would promote them on my social media pages as well. Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
  • I always walk, and my local course is very hilly. I would review the shoes as a walker who carries his bag. I would focus on the comfort, as this is crucial for someone who walks. As well as the stability of the shoes. I have many pairs of Ecco shoes for work and have always wanted to try a pair of the Ecco golf shoes. I know they fit great with my foot profile and believe I would be a great candidate to test the shoes! I would be sure to test the shoes in early morning golf to review their ability in wet conditions. I would also be sure to wear and review the shoes in warmer weather to review their breathability. I would complete a head to head review in my thread to compare them to both my Adidas Adipure Shoes and my FootJoy Icons. This would allow me to provide a great comparison between two major shoe companies! I have also played many 36 holes in a day and compare the comfort walking all holes to my current gamers.

GolfWRX is looking for a few good testers to try out the yet-to-be-released ECCO CAGE EVO before it's available.

Want to review it? Apply below.

ABOUT THE ECCO CAGE EVO

Part of the CAGE family, ECCO CAGE EVO offers the same fully-integrated DiP wrap system and remarkably comfortable fit with a new, customized upper. Crafted from multi-material performance textile, the upper is bonded with webbing made from a customized PU specifically made for use on CAGE EVO. This delivers outstanding protection from tears and abrasion. Additional properties include:

• Unique, one-piece, DiP stability cage that wraps from the heel through the midsole and across the toe box
  • Anatomical outsole design that aligns and moves in unison with the foot’s essential ligaments and muscles
  • ECCO Freedom Fit combining a snug heel setting with a roomier forefoot area that allows toes to move naturally
  • Exceptionally water-repellant via the proprietary ECCO HYDROMAX™ treatment
  • Lightweight, low-to-the-ground construction and the CHAMP SLIM-Lok cleat system.

HOW TO APPLY:

• How many rounds do you play per week?
  • Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)?
  • What footwear do you currently wear?
  • Have you worn ECCO golf shoes before?
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)?
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes.

SELECTION PROCESS:

GolfWRX will evaluate the applications and select 5 testers after the application thread is closed. This will go quickly so apply below now!

How many rounds do you play per week? 5-7

Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Augusta, KS

What footwear do you currently wear? TRUE

What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 13

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? YES

Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes: I coach a high school team, and walk 9 holes 5 days/week with the team during practice. During tournaments, I walk the course a few times over generally. When season is over, I run a junior camp two mornings a week and play 5-6 rounds weekly 50/50 walking and riding. I put lots of miles on golf shoes...

• How many rounds do you play per week? 2 rounds per week
  • Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Shakopee, MN
  • What footwear do you currently wear? 2 pairs ECCO Biom Hybrid, 1 pair Nike TW 15
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 45
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? Yes!
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. I would test them against my current ECCO's and TW 15's, I'd like to test how they perform in different conditions from weather to different times of day. I would identify different features through testing like grip, comfort and durability.

• How many rounds do you play per week? 1
  • Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Bellevue, WA
  • What footwear do you currently wear? True Linkswear Vegas, Ashworth Cardiff ADC
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. I would wear them to play golf, and, wear them to the driving range. I tend to drag my right toe, so, I tend to destroy my right shoe. I wore off the paint on my Ashworths, after a little bit of range time, and, walking 1 round. I would be curious to see how durable the Cage EVO's are.

How many rounds do you play per week? 1-2

• Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Dover Florida
  • What footwear do you currently wear? Nike Lunar Control
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. From the standpoint of a walking(most of time) player who plays golf in all conditions, rain and shine...The details involving comfort, durability, waterproof/resistance, support through golf swing, which will be important information for others with the same/similar condition.

Callaway GBB Epic 10.5* Fujikura Evolution II 665 Stiff
TM M2 HL3w, HL5w Both have Accra FX140 shaft Stiff
Mizuno MP5 4-P KBS C-Taper Lite HS Stiff
Callaway MD2 54* 58*
Kevin Burns 9305 LN

How many rounds do you play per week?

Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)?

Bloomington, IL

What footwear do you currently wear?

Ecco and puma

Have you worn ECCO golf shoes before?

Yes

What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)?

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread?

Yes

We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes.

I will provide images

Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes.

I would walk and ride in a variety of conditions to see how the shoes hold up to water, firm ground, soft ground. I would play the local course that's more hilly and walk at a variety of speeds. Comfort would be a large factor but I would focus mainly on stability.

How many rounds do you play per week? 2-3

Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Lake grove. Ny. Long island

What footwear do you currently wear? Nike tw14

What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 47

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes.

Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. Heck yea. Prep the server

• How many rounds do you play per week? 2-3 rounds/ week with practice at lease 2 of the other days. Always walking :)
  • Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Charleston, SC
  • What footwear do you currently wear? Nike Lunar Control
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 11
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes. Of course I will!

• Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. I would want to give them a fair chance to impress me during my rounds with them, therefor I would do at least a week of practice wearing the ECCO shoes to not only break them in comfort wise, but to get use to any performance differences. As someone who walks the golf course i believe that comfort and effective moisture management (both from the environment and warm feet!) are the largest factor in making a successful golf shoe. Not that traction isn't important, but rather any golf shoe I have tested, even spikeless, provide appropriate levels of traction. I would like to start with small test, 9 hole walking during fine conditions to see how they perform and feel. From there I would play an 18 (noting comfort and performance), and the ultimate test, a 36 hole walking day beginning in the morning dew. Nothing is worse than getting wet feet from the dew and then have soggy shoes all day. If these shoes can pass the 36 hole walking test then they can do anything.

• How many rounds do you play per week? Two
  • Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Charlotte, NC
  • What footwear do you currently wear? Ecco, Footjoy
  • What is your ECCO shoe size (see size guide here for info)? 44
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? Yes
  • We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes. Yes
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. Will wear 24 hours a day....do not show this to my wife.

Srixon Z785 6-P
PXG 0211 4h & 5h
Mizuno T 56/58/60
Tour Edge C721 10.5 w/Ventus Red R
PXG 0341 Proto 3w
Titleist 909 5w
TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs Spider
Snell MTB-X

• How many rounds do you play per week? 1-2 rounds, plus practice, sometimes a six-hole loop
  • Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Matawan, NJ
  • What footwear do you currently wear? Ecco Biom Zero and Ecco Biom
  • Have you worn ECCO golf shoes before? yes, I've had at least 5-6 models of Ecco golf shoes
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing ECCO CAGE EVO review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shoes. Yes, I agree
  • Please explain how you would approach testing the ECCO CAGE EVO Shoes. I would review them both out of the box (how comfortable before a breaking in period) and after several rounds. I would review on performance (grip, support, traction, moisture performance in dew, etc), comfort (weight, breaking in period, etc), and style (highly subjective but still worth noting). I would also try to draw comparisons between other Ecco models, as I've had the chance to wear quite a few of them, so people who are familiar with Ecco know where these fall on the product line.