Confessions 12 --- Exploding Heads

Conrad1953

Hey everybody! Merry Christmas to all!!

I've been working on my game, got to travel to play a tournament in the Philippines (didn't play the way I wanted but it was still fun!) and I just got back from Palau. I went down to Palau to play a Christmas concert, it was a very surreal and spiritual experience for me. It's been 15 years since I had been there.

Got some new wedges yesterday, found a set of cleveland rt3's on the bay, they had the shafts I wanted on them and they were in raw finish which is a tour only thing for us lefties. Got them for a good price and took them out on the course yesterday, HOLY BACKSPIN LOL. Also they fly so straight, I'm thinking that's the shafts. Grips are standard size so I'll have to change the grips, feels like I'm holding on to a pencil haha.

Hope all is well with everyone! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to ALL!!! (cool)

Playing golf and music, what a great combination...

Have a Merry Christmas Hammer, keep playing both in the New Year! :superman:

So today a women started a pay it forward in coffee. Got $50 gift card and told me to use it for drinks Enddd up with $150 in cards and no one paid for drinks for over an hour. Watkins not drive thru. Lasted that long cause we had a lull and I only used it drinks. Very nice to see others join in. Off until next Tuesday. Expect it to be crazy then too. We are whipping up tons of drinks. Made 16 canisters of whip by noon. Crazy.

Found that our kamado joe was burning a hole thru our wood table. Shored it up with Cindy blocks etc so it won’t cave and put bricks under the feet to get it even higher off the wood. Was over an inch. Now more like 4 inches. Have aticket opened up with kamado and and see what they do for us. Not suppose to happen. Had the joe for 3 years and this must be recent. Glad we caught it before it caved in since we just bought brisket, pork belly , and pork butt to smoke for the holidays. Our kids are in town

Merry Xmas. Hanukkah. And New Years. Oh and festivus too. Lol. Get that pole out

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

Merry Christmas fellas!

One thing to announce. I played my last round of the year on Thursday. I shot my Personal best of 79 to end the year and tick off a goal for 2017. First time breaking 80 and I did so with a triple a double and 3 3 putts haha. Hadn’t played in two weeks or so and figured I’d try to get one more before the new year. Super happy with my self.

Forever Changing at this point.......

Merry Christmas fellas!

One thing to announce. I played my last round of the year on Thursday. I shot my Personal best of 79 to end the year and tick off a goal for 2017. First time breaking 80 and I did so with a triple a double and 3 3 putts haha. Hadn't played in two weeks or so and figured I'd try to get one more before the new year. Super happy with my self.

Good congratulations and welcome to the club! I too made a double and a triple when I broke 80 for the first time in the summer. Previously I had shot 80 with three doubles and a triple.

How's the winter there? Around here it might be torture to achieve a milestone on your last round of the season and then not being able to play for 4-6 months. On the other hand it would let one to bask in the glory for even longer. :)

Did Santa bring you gifts of golfing nature? I got a pair of socks with a picture of Gary Player on them. :)

Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6
Woods: ST 180 or MP-650 - Irons: MP-H5 / MP-53 / MP-4, KBS Tour S - 50º: MP-T5 / 55º: FG Tour PMP  / 60º: RTX ZipCore - Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4

Merry Christmas fellas!

One thing to announce. I played my last round of the year on Thursday. I shot my Personal best of 79 to end the year and tick off a goal for 2017. First time breaking 80 and I did so with a triple a double and 3 3 putts haha. Hadn't played in two weeks or so and figured I'd try to get one more before the new year. Super happy with my self.

Good congratulations and welcome to the club! I too made a double and a triple when I broke 80 for the first time in the summer. Previously I had shot 80 with three doubles and a triple.

How's the winter there? Around here it might be torture to achieve a milestone on your last round of the season and then not being able to play for 4-6 months. On the other hand it would let one to bask in the glory for even longer. :)

Did Santa bring you gifts of golfing nature? I got a pair of socks with a picture of Gary Player on them. :)

Thank you. Thankfully I will be able to play prett shortly after returning from our trip to va for Christmas.

I’m afraid though that I’ll only accept scores below 85 from here on out haha.

Papa You getting out today? LOL. My wife drove down for her winter stay - brought my youngest who was to fly back to San Diego tomorrow but is now

scheduled for Saturday. Just chilly here in the Smokies but no snow - we did have a little bit of snow - maybe a half inch - way back in early December - melted

the next day - that is what stuck to the grass. Just got off facetime with her and it's looks quite winter wonderlandish. Don't miss it myself but my other son has

to drive back to Chicago this weekend - he is glad he came down cause it's been brutal in Chicago - since Christmas day when it was 19, the highest daytime temp has been

15 - and it will actually break 30 this Sunday.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

Papa You getting out today? LOL. My wife drove down for her winter stay - brought my youngest who was to fly back to San Diego tomorrow but is now

scheduled for Saturday. Just chilly here in the Smokies but no snow - we did have a little bit of snow - maybe a half inch - way back in early December - melted

the next day - that is what stuck to the grass. Just got off facetime with her and it's looks quite winter wonderlandish. Don't miss it myself but my other son has

to drive back to Chicago this weekend - he is glad he came down cause it's been brutal in Chicago - since Christmas day when it was 19, the highest daytime temp has been

15 - and it will actually break 30 this Sunday.

haha nope. funny enough, we just got back in town monday from VA where it was cold, but no snow. Then we get hit with about 5 inches of snow. Basically have worked one day since the 21st of december :)

monday is supposed to be around 60 though it is looking like rain also.

I ended up building my own counter-balance putter and saved me a couple of hundred over a new Odyssey. :)

The Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4 was in need of a new grip so I decided to see what I could do with the counterbalancing. I ended up using a threaded rod and nuts attached to it. Very easy and simple. Trying to put some fishing weights into the tip made the face feel very stupid so I discarded those completely and found out they weren't needed to begin with. The head doesn't feel light at all even though it's only 330 grams and I've added well north of 100 grams to the grip end.

I'd like to extend the shaft from 35" to maybe 36.5" but the nuts on the rod might not fit through the extension but there might be a way around the problem. I just need to order some with the grip. It's ridiculous I can order a Winnpro X grip from the UK and including the shipping costs, it's still just two thirds of what one costs around here. It's pretty much the same thing with all the grips.

It would be fantastic to glue a nut inside the shaft so that you could just screw the rod out from the shaft and adjust the weights as you wish or just remove it altogether. All you'd need is a hole on top of the grip and a plastic cap to cover it when playing. There's already a tool to make the hole and caps for the grip. The biggest issue is getting the nut glued in correctly inside the shaft.

Woods: ST 180 or MP-650 - Irons: MP-H5 / MP-53 / MP-4, KBS Tour S - 50º: MP-T5 / 55º: FG Tour PMP  / 60º: RTX ZipCore - Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4

I ended up building my own counter-balance putter and saved me a couple of hundred over a new Odyssey. :)

The Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4 was in need of a new grip so I decided to see what I could do with the counterbalancing. I ended up using a threaded rod and nuts attached to it. Very easy and simple. Trying to put some fishing weights into the tip made the face feel very stupid so I discarded those completely and found out they weren't needed to begin with. The head doesn't feel light at all even though it's only 330 grams and I've added well north of 100 grams to the grip end.

I'd like to extend the shaft from 35" to maybe 36.5" but the nuts on the rod might not fit through the extension but there might be a way around the problem. I just need to order some with the grip. It's ridiculous I can order a Winnpro X grip from the UK and including the shipping costs, it's still just two thirds of what one costs around here. It's pretty much the same thing with all the grips.

It would be fantastic to glue a nut inside the shaft so that you could just screw the rod out from the shaft and adjust the weights as you wish or just remove it altogether. All you'd need is a hole on top of the grip and a plastic cap to cover it when playing. There's already a tool to make the hole and caps for the grip. The biggest issue is getting the nut glued in correctly inside the shaft.

I went to a local club fitting to have my putter counterbalanced (and to reshaft my driver/3w and check my iron shaft). I spent at least 30 minutes trying different weight combos

before settling on something around 100 grams - very stable putting stroke results versus ole mr. three wiggle - you can buy these weight sets that you can do yourself but you'd need to be a semi serious club geek.

So I've just started to do some indoor drills after not really touching a club for about a month and a half. Spring comes here around end of February/ early March.

Meantime, I entertained myself by upgrading our garbage disposal - and I'm taking the badger 5 down to chucktown to replace the original kenmore (at least a dozen years old and sound s like it). Put in an insinkerator evolution compact - 3/4 hp - really quiet - had my wife on facetime and she couldn't hear it over the running water even when I had my ipad practically on top of it. Pretty easy - tool about an hour. Going to replace our kitchen faucet in C-town too. Something I can do plumbing wise. I did have a plumber out to replace a check valve in our hot water recirculation system - the old one was a flapper style and in just a bit over 3 years it had gotten way, way to noisy - involved soldering and such so not my cup of plumbing tea. Put in a spring check valve so now really quiet.

Doing some cold bar at Starbucks - it's a progression - front, drive thru, cold bar, hot bar. Amazing how many people still order frappucinos even when it's 20 degree's outside.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. Been a bit, but I finally got a new swing video of me on the actual course in playing mode. I still notice things but for now this swing has been really working for me. Huge difference from some older videos that I’ve compared to haha. It was cold this day. About 35* most the time out

I hope y’all are well and are able to get out soon. I think our winter should take a small hiatus next week and we should be seeing some temps in the 60s and maybe even into the 70s.

glk, none of the golf shops have any weight sets outside of the Superstroke grip options, not even all of their options as the importing company hasn't bothered to get some of the heavier weight options. Thus I need to do it myself. I'm still waiting to get the grips and shaft extension from the UK to finish my project.

Papa, are those your old or new videos? I assume you're just struggling with the year 2018. ;) Your top of the backswing looks something I'd like to get to myself. I'm working on it and I need to continue stretching more to get to that position. Finding the right stretches are helping me already, though. It'll be fun to see whether or not I can deliver the club back to the ball from there. Swinging is just so much easier without a ball. :)

The temps are around 10-15F around here. It's 8 weeks since my last round and there's 12 or 13 weeks left to go until the start of the season.

Going in good direction papa. 35. You are nuts,though. Lol

Drove down last Wednesday. Roads were pretty clear and I expected to drive thru some snow but was lucky and only hit some light rain around newberry-Columbia. Changed out smoke detectors to ten year jobs, installed new kitchen faucet and disposal. Bonus I fixed a sink stopper that just broke to. Service on heat pump to replace a valve - pressure was going south and it was getting to the point were it might stop working. Can hear a neighbors pump that really needs fixing. Even the service guy commented on it.

Bonus was out last night for birthday dinner and I broke off a 50-60 year old filling. Sourdough bread crust. At first I was going to complain about something weird in the bread. My tongue told me otherwise. Good news is enough stayed in that I have no sensitivity. Bought some dentemp that going to try this am. Already have a dental appt for the 29th but going to call on Monday to move it up - I drive back Tuesday. It is an upper molar so hot cold doesn’t get to it and no throbb8ng or pain. Lucky so far. Life.

Hale. Too bad you can’t get the kits. My fitter had some and they made it an easy job. I had to have mine adjusted cause I changed to a super stroke grip from a Winn and the weight difference threw everything off.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

haha whoops of course I messed up the date :eyeroll:

thanks for the compliments guys. My next step is really focusing on shallowing out my shaft a little on the transition to stop my random straight pull miss. Doesn't happen as often as it used to, but when I get antsy/pumped up and move quick then itll show up in a big way haha. I think I found a way to do it, but it was only with dry swings inside with no ball. Will have to try it on the range soon to see if it works at all or I'm just having false feels haha

It was cold GLK, but had to get out. Not only was it cold, but my buddy I played with (who is much longer than me as he hit 2-3 drives to about 280-295 in that ridiculousness) wanted to play from the tips haha. Since it was just us two and no one was really on the course I obliged and played with him from about 6900 yards. I've only done that a few times and that was when I could only drive the ball like 215 due to a slice and horrible strike. It really wasn't that bad though from a distance standpoint. If the ground was not as soggy i would have been fine most of the day. There were a couple of par 4s though where I had to pull a 3 wood for my second shot due to wind/temperature haha. Also couldn't reach any of the par 5s which isn't a huge deal for me, but since I have been hitting the ball better at my normal course, I have been able to reach 2 of the 4 on a somewhat decent basis with decent strikes :)

Warming up this week though (woo hoo!)

Hale. Too bad you can’t get the kits. My fitter had some and they made it an easy job. I had to have mine adjusted cause I changed to a super stroke grip from a Winn and the weight difference threw everything off.

It doesn't matter, the putter was in need of a new grip anyway, so why not have some fun along the way? The available weights couldn't get me more than 100 grams, so I wouldn't have been able to get exactly what I wanted anyway.

I just got back from cross-country skiing and now I can lay on the couch for the rest of the evening with a clear conscience. :)

haha whoops of course I messed up the date :eyeroll:

thanks for the compliments guys. My next step is really focusing on shallowing out my shaft a little on the transition to stop my random straight pull miss. Doesn't happen as often as it used to, but when I get antsy/pumped up and move quick then itll show up in a big way haha. I think I found a way to do it, but it was only with dry swings inside with no ball. Will have to try it on the range soon to see if it works at all or I'm just having false feels haha

I was looking at that (very familiar) pull and that's why I only commented on the backswing position. :)

I came across this, interesting video last night about getting to the right position in the backswing.

[media=]

[/media]

Finally got on a launch monitor (gc2) with my current swing and what not whole testing the g400 against my gbb. Got to say I’m pretty happy haha. Seems I’ve got myself halfway decent with the gbb although I could probably stand to have slightly more spin maybe? Although I could lift up. I have it set to 8* right now but I’m no fitter though haha. Last shot with the “wedge” was me going after it. What do y’all think?

Obviously the g400 with the stock stiff shaft was not a good fit haha

• 2 weeks later...

Everything went so well with my counterbalanced putter project until now. I finally got the shaft extension, new grips etc. on Thursday and I got around to working on it today. The putter was great at its original length with the self-made weight inside the shaft, the extension works great even though it's for a .58 butt and I found out the putter is .60. A couple of layers of tape in between and it's all good. No vibration or any other issues.

The problem is the weight and the extension don't work together. The weight vibrates slightly inside the shaft on occasion. I've spent a good chunk of today trying to get it right but it seems like I need to start building the weight "around the extension" forcing me to pull the extension out every time I need to adjust the whole thing to get it right. It could also be the .58 simply just not sitting well enough inside the shaft and the added weight simply shows the problem.

The performance seems to be great though, the longer shaft makes wonders to the swing weight. I'd hate it if I had to settle for a 37" putter without the weights or a 35" with the weight but the random vibration on off-center strikes doesn't cut it. For once it's a good thing the season is still ten weeks away. :D

After a couple of more nights of tinkering with the weights, I settled on solution to get all the weight I wanted as far up the shaft as possible. Now the putter is about 37 inches long (extended from 35") and there's about 140 grams of extra weight (a threaded rod covered with nuts) covered with as many layers of tape as I could get in there. The weight assembly is about 8 inches long, so about two thirds of the length of the grip. There's maybe 1 in 20 putts that doesn't feel right but that doesn't change the results of those putts. The two-inch extension went a long way in making the head feel heavier and the swing weight isn't an issue. It probably allows for a better set up for me too.

The weight ended up costing me around 12 bucks but with a few more nuts, I could make two or three others just like this one. I'll take it to a dome next week but it won't get onto grass for a couple of months.

I have to say I'm loving the stability the added weight gives me on the putts, it really does take out the smaller muscles from my putting stroke. Now I'm wondering what kind of an effect a bit more weight would have on the irons. :)

I also put a midsize R.E.L. ACE on my Ez pitching wedge to see if I like the midsize grip and the model. It looks a bit Fowlerish but so far it feels good. It's probably not as good in wet conditions as the Crossline though.

I'm also celebrating the fact that the European Parliament voted against the scrapping of daylight saving time. It would've wreaked havoc for our chances of playing golf as evening rounds are a huge thing and those would've been cut back by a month in the autumn and would've forced us to try beat the sunset even in the spring. But for some reason there are people who want the sun to rise at 3 am and set at 8 in the summer. :(

4yd7J45.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ah the tinkering. My tinkering has been limited to installing new grips. Did the golf pride MCC Plus4's. The lower part of the grip is built up to simulate extra wraps.

I put on midsize - all these years of standard and I went and measure my hand - midsize it is.

Just getting into golf mode slowly. Suppose to be 70's and dry tomorrow so I'm thinking of getting out to the range and work on transition and release drills.

On the home front, last week Janeen heard sounds in one of our downspouts outside our lower level office - we figured it had to be skinks - but today I solved the riddle.

It was a bird! How it got in there is a mystery but the thing had been trying to climb out - it's at least 25 feet up! I removed the lower part of the gutter (it was only a 2 foot section)

from the 4 inch buried drain pipe and in minute - swoosh free flying bird - I flushed things with my hose just to make sure the drain was still clear and put everything back

together. I've seen videos of squirrels getting into downspouts , but a bird is a mystery - feel in from the roof - I can't believe it crawled about 20 feet through a buried drain pipe.

Going to the dentist in a bit to get my permanent crown put on. Yippee.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

Ah the tinkering. My tinkering has been limited to installing new grips. Did the golf pride MCC Plus4's. The lower part of the grip is built up to simulate extra wraps.

I put on midsize - all these years of standard and I went and measure my hand - midsize it is.

Just getting into golf mode slowly. Suppose to be 70's and dry tomorrow so I'm thinking of getting out to the range and work on transition and release drills.

On the home front, last week Janeen heard sounds in one of our downspouts outside our lower level office - we figured it had to be skinks - but today I solved the riddle.

It was a bird! How it got in there is a mystery but the thing had been trying to climb out - it's at least 25 feet up! I removed the lower part of the gutter (it was only a 2 foot section)

from the 4 inch buried drain pipe and in minute - swoosh free flying bird - I flushed things with my hose just to make sure the drain was still clear and put everything back

together. I've seen videos of squirrels getting into downspouts , but a bird is a mystery - feel in from the roof - I can't believe it crawled about 20 feet through a buried drain pipe.

Going to the dentist in a bit to get my permanent crown put on. Yippee.

My aftermarket chimney is not less than 20 ft. Every spring, the migrating birds sneak in there to build a nest at the top and fall in.

When I hear the scratching in the pipe, I open the flow trap and it drops in the empty wood stove. I pick it up and carry it back outside.

I know how it gets in there, I simply wonder if I'm not rescuing the same bird over and over again.

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

• 3 weeks later...

I've played a total of three rounds over the last 6 months. Shot 80, 88, and 85 - well within my normal 'bell curve' of scores when I was playing 2x per week.

Conclusion: Practice is overrated.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

I've played a total of three rounds over the last 6 months. Shot 80, 88, and 85 - well within my normal 'bell curve' of scores when I was playing 2x per week.

IMHO, practice is for fine tuning what you already know how to do.

IMHO, practice is for fine tuning what you already know how to do.

Agreed. LOL and for me it was also exacerbating an injury. I think I was dealing with a pulled rotator cuff muscle for over a year and I just kept practicing and playing on top of it.

The time off has been good. But now I'm out of shape. One of those three rounds was last Sunday and by the back nine I was tired. I sarted with a 40 and ended with a 45. My swing felt great when I was fresh but as I got tired it became harder to be consistent.

At this point I don't know where I stand anymore with golf dedication/obsession. I'm definitely taking a more relaxed and even ambivalent attitude about it in general. And although I love playing and such, I just know that the "fire" inside me to play is different now. I quit my club six months ago and I don't have that same desire to constantly play. I still want to but just not as much.

Anyway, it's good to see you on WRX again, mdg. Not sure but it seems you disappeared for a while too. How's your game been?

Registered Bladeocrat

Hi DeNinny,

Being out of shape is as insidious as being in too good shape. I went to the driving range a few years ago and bought a 110 balls bucket and ended giving close to half away. And I went with my 7 to LW clubs. My bag hasn't seen the light of day in at least six years. I am now a full time caregiver to my Precious. She is not well, and it's my job to oversee her safety and comfort.

I joined a local support group, and one of the counselors invited me to play 9 holes with him once per week. My wife will be starting respite day camp every Thursday starting in three weeks. But I'll be playing from the forward tees and riding. LOL

I keep the fire going by pulling out my putter, once or twice a week, in my basement.

To my surprise, I am glued to the Golf Channel since Tiger came back.

mgd I thought that you only golfed rarely but I never realized it has been so many years. It is nice to hear that you still get in some basement putting. Any golf is better than no golf. And I really hope you get out and play that nine. It will feel good given how long you've been away.

Oh and happy St. Paddy's to you and your Precious!

Registered Bladeocrat

I confess that I posted a few times last week in the Grille. I know I said, two years ago, that I would lurk but never set foot in there. Missing most of the guys that were regular patrons of Confessions got the best of me. But I still feel sad that this place is somewhat being ignored. Yep, sad.

The counselor has always been an avid golfer. But he is now a heart transplant survivor and his partners, it seems, have grown a little uneasy with him on an open golf course. Bottom line, it's a win-win situation for both of us. Now, I have a purpose and a few months to get back in a better shape than I am at this point in time.

If you think watching paint dry is boring, try watching snow melt. :cheesy:

I confess that I posted a few times last week in the Grille. I know I said, two years ago, that I would lurk but never set foot in there. Missing most of the guys that were regular patrons of Confessions got the best of me. But I still feel sad that this place is somewhat being ignored. Yep, sad.

The counselor has always been an avid golfer. But he is now a heart transplant survivor and his partners, it seems, have grown a little uneasy with him on an open golf course. Bottom line, it's a win-win situation for both of us. Now, I have a purpose and a few months to get back in a better shape than I am at this point in time.

It is taking it's own sweet time, isn't it? Mind you, it should be gone by next weekend as we have more or less seen the last of the white stuff as hinted by the Weather Network.

I was happy to see a couple of familiar faces make an appearance over in the Grille. There will always be a chair available for you two should you decide to drop in.

Speaking of conditioning and injuries; I suffered my own back injury last fall while curling. It has been a long road to recovery with set-backs along the way. I am currently enduring one right now, but I know that this will pass.

On the positive side of things you will be surprised how quickly you can notice a difference in conditioning once you commit to a regular exercise program that is designed to address your specific situation. I've been on mine since mid December. I noticed a big improvement within a month as to how I felt, range of motion and improvements in core strength. I suspect that's why my current set-back isn't worse than it is.

I know that the arrival of warmer temperatures will most certainly help my situation, but I am going to have to ease into golf this year as I'm not sure how I will respond to that motion. I've been watching videos on the Ballard swing as a possible solution to playing with a bad back. It may not be all that different from what I'm doing, beyond changes to the set-up and the trigger. If nothing else, I know that I can work on my putting and chipping while I wait for my back to come around. Just try and be as positive as you can about the situation.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Times change and threads and WRXers come and go. As long as others are posting in here, I'll chime in every now and then. If it dies, so be it. The Confessions threads were a good run but times change. I don't see it as sad. It's just changed.

It's so good you are getting back out to play! I look forward to hearing how it goes.

I confess that I don't give a rat's a** right now what is going on in golf. I just want to play the game. I don't care about what is happening on tour with Tiger and such whatsoever. I will probably record and watch Masters Sunday but I confess that I have a disdain for all things commercial with respect to golf. The only thing that interests me is just playing the game in real life and talking about it with friends. Everything else about it has "lost its luster" of late.

Registered Bladeocrat

• 2 weeks later...

Who won last week? Don't know. What tournament was it? Don't know.

What I DO KNOW is PING has brought back the electric blue n black combo for the 2018 Hoofer Lite and dan360 is now $164 more er poor er.

Mízunos always looked best in a PING bag anyway.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

Who won last week? Don't know. What tournament was it? Don't know.

What I DO KNOW is PING has brought back the electric blue n black combo for the 2018 Hoofer Lite and dan360 is now $164 more er poor er.

Mízunos always looked best in a PING bag anyway.

A bag is about the only thing PING I will buy. PING clubs? OH H3LL NO!

Mizunos in a PING bag > FUGLY PINGs in a PING bag.

I just got me some MasterGrip kangaroo leather stitchbacks to put on my satin baby blades, aka my 'Cal Hotties'. Cost me $16 per grip on ebay instead of $24 retail. Once these are done I will be on all leather grips for all clubs except for my putters. Sweet!

Registered Bladeocrat