2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Confessions 12 --- Exploding Heads

Conrad1953

Nice 77 Pigemsbro!!! That must have felt awesome. LOL I hope your swing issues weren't caused by bad advice from some fool on the internet. If so, who's more the fool? The fool or he who follows the fool?

I haven't had a sub 80 round in months. Right when I was and playing better than ever, I get this nagging tendonitis and rotator cuff issue in my trail arm and I've just been slightly off since. I can't keep my swing together throughout the round like I used to. So frustrating.

It most definitely did!! It was my second best round ever :)

As for my swing, that's all on me and my lack of practice. No internet fools to blame there ;)

I've only been to the range a couple times this season and played only 23 rounds. So I'm just not hitting balls often enough to have any kind of consistency right now with my full swing. It's too good swings, one bad one, one good one, 2 bad ones lol. Short game(IDK why that doesn't go with my full swing, but it's the one true constant in my game and hardly fluctuates at all) and the fact that I've been practicing putting in my living room a lot(which has been paying off on the course big time)are what's keeping me in it right now. I'm going to go back to practicing consistently next season because if I can add a consistent full swing to the putting and short game, I think I can shoot some really good scores. This seasons almost over now though so I'm just gonna play it out as is :)

Theh will come, this was my first sub 80 of the season. Keeping a swing together for 18 holes is friggen hard Bro. Hopefully your arm/shoulder heal up quickly and you'll be right back at it. Is it golf that causes the pain? Or an injury from outside of golf? Either way I hope it gets better soon Sir :)

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Nice 77 Pigemsbro!!! That must have felt awesome. LOL I hope your swing issues weren't caused by bad advice from some fool on the internet. If so, who's more the fool? The fool or he who follows the fool?

I haven't had a sub 80 round in months. Right when I was and playing better than ever, I get this nagging tendonitis and rotator cuff issue in my trail arm and I've just been slightly off since. I can't keep my swing together throughout the round like I used to. So frustrating.

It most definitely did!! It was my second best round ever :)

As for my swing, that's all on me and my lack of practice. No internet fools to blame there ;)

I've only been to the range a couple times this season and played only 23 rounds. So I'm just not hitting balls often enough to have any kind of consistency right now with my full swing. It's too good swings, one bad one, one good one, 2 bad ones lol. Short game(IDK why that doesn't go with my full swing, but it's the one true constant in my game and hardly fluctuates at all) and the fact that I've been practicing putting in my living room a lot(which has been paying off on the course big time)are what's keeping me in it right now. I'm going to go back to practicing consistently next season because if I can add a consistent full swing to the putting and short game, I think I can shoot some really good scores. This seasons almost over now though so I'm just gonna play it out as is :)

Theh will come, this was my first sub 80 of the season. Keeping a swing together for 18 holes is friggen hard Bro. Hopefully your arm/shoulder heal up quickly and you'll be right back at it. Is it golf that causes the pain? Or an injury from outside of golf? Either way I hope it gets better soon Sir :)

When I putted my best is when I made a point to putt indoors every night. I have an old school practice metal putting hole and I used to hit putts and short 60* wedge chips to it every night. LOL maybe I should go back to it since yeah back then I had a more consistent short game...

My arm/shoulder issue is caused by golf. I confirmed it this weekend and today. After having rested over two weeks, I played fine yesterday but today I quit after nine because it definitely is bothering me more. I am doing more cross training with free weights now. I may have to take a longer break and rest it this winter. I'll be fine.

LOL I remember when you were posting how your game was in The Wager thread. You have come a long way and it is cool to see it happen. One of the cooler things about WRX.

Oh and if you aren't playing those beautiful blades by now, it *may* be costing you strokes! (In my professional opinion, of course!) :taunt:

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

Nice to see guys playin' so well. Ninja's back! (knew he couldn't stay away too long..hehe)

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

Been practicing as much as I can lately to get ready for my trip to vegas/with Wilson staff. Everything seems to be going ok. I'm just still having 2-3 holes I just can't keep under control and a huge number bites me in the a**. Getting old quick haha. Shot an 86 the other day with like 3 doubles..... and only like 2 greens hit. Ughh

Not sure how much I'm getting out this week though. Irma seems as if it's certainly will have some sort of impact on us. Feeling a bit more worried this go around. I know it's still way off so I won't go into panick mode just yet but since I'm already leaving town this weekend, I will more than likelly bring the family with me. Drop them off in Lynchburg, va and I'll head on up to my destination out side of Charlottesville.

Glk, are y'all going to try and do anything to prepare your home here? ,

Forever Changing at this point.......

When I putted my best is when I made a point to putt indoors every night. I have an old school practice metal putting hole and I used to hit putts and short 60* wedge chips to it every night. LOL maybe I should go back to it since yeah back then I had a more consistent short game...

My arm/shoulder issue is caused by golf. I confirmed it this weekend and today. After having rested over two weeks, I played fine yesterday but today I quit after nine because it definitely is bothering me more. I am doing more cross training with free weights now. I may have to take a longer break and rest it this winter. I'll be fine.

LOL I remember when you were posting how your game was in The Wager thread. You have come a long way and it is cool to see it happen. One of the cooler things about WRX.

Oh and if you aren't playing those beautiful blades by now, it *may* be costing you strokes! (In my professional opinion, of course!) :taunt:

Putting indoors(I have a similar old school metal cup lol) seems to be working for me right now. It definitely can't hurt, that's for sure :)

That sucks that golf causes the issue, can you maybe make a swing change to avoid re aggregating the injury in the future?

Man I forget all about The Wager at times until someone mentions it lol. The Wager a Brutal at the time, not being able to Ho freely lol. But your right, since joining WRX my game has come a Looong way. I was still shooting Triple Digit/High 90's scores when I joined WRX(The Wager wasn't too Long after that I don't think?), with a Banana slice Driver and a case of the chunkies with my irons. This place has been very good to me over the years and I appreciate everyone who has helped me along the way. You guys are all freakin Awesome eh!! :D

Finally, I confess. I haven't broke them out yet but you coming back has inspired me to get them ready to go. I was off today and finally decided to gear them up. They got new grips built up the way I like, all went on the bender and we're checked/set to my specs. On a side note, these were the softest clubs I've ever bent, they were soo easy to bend, like butter. I hope they feel that soft at contact :) They also got all new paint fill, a bath and a good polish(just by hand). They looks pretty shnazzy now, and are ready to go for my next round!! :D

Also I picked up these wedges today for super cheap. Faces are nice so I had to get them lol. The 52 has an S300(my shaft of choice) and the 56 and 60 have DG wedge flex which is fine for those clubs, I don't often swing either with a full on swing. These might actually knock out my SM5's, they have a slightly smaller head and I like the dull/brushed finish better. :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Been practicing as much as I can lately to get ready for my trip to vegas/with Wilson staff. Everything seems to be going ok. I'm just still having 2-3 holes I just can't keep under control and a huge number bites me in the a**. Getting old quick haha. Shot an 86 the other day with like 3 doubles..... and only like 2 greens hit. Ughh

Not sure how much I'm getting out this week though. Irma seems as if it's certainly will have some sort of impact on us. Feeling a bit more worried this go around. I know it's still way off so I won't go into panick mode just yet but since I'm already leaving town this weekend, I will more than likelly bring the family with me. Drop them off in Lynchburg, va and I'll head on up to my destination out side of Charlottesville.

Glk, are y'all going to try and do anything to prepare your home here? ,

Nothing to do. Hoa has a great insurance policy prekatrina and we have both standard and flood. We do have plans to come down the 13th for a few days. We'll see. Our area is pretty high - about 13 feet or so. Fingers crossed. Gonna be a lot of rain and hopefully not much wind or surge.

Looks like it may track right up Florida or go halfway up and then hit savannah. It has been moving more west. Chance it heads up west side of Florida. Wished it became a fish storm but not to be.

Hers my source. All you can want to know. http://spaghettimodels.com/

Has all the models and you can run them pretty much right after they are out.

Latest gfs model run has it tracking right up Florida so continue to move west. Nhc track is actually a hair south of gfs but in agreement on direction. Pretty much know by Wednesday.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

Correct. Too early to tell until mid week. glad y'all should be safe. So should we but if it's a cat 3 near us we are high tailing it to va to be safe.

Yep. Trend though is more west. Latest now has it going up west side of Florida. Also pretty strong agreement among models. Looking more like it could go into gulf. Nothing in jet stream or anything else to s change it. Unless the Atlantic high that is pushing it west weakens unexpectedly. Stay safe. We can rebuild and deal with the hassles but only if you are alive. Funny given the track it may actually go right over us here in the smokies!

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

Putting indoors(I have a similar old school metal cup lol) seems to be working for me right now. It definitely can't hurt, that's for sure :)

That sucks that golf causes the issue, can you maybe make a swing change to avoid re aggregating the injury in the future?

Man I forget all about The Wager at times until someone mentions it lol. The Wager a Brutal at the time, not being able to Ho freely lol. But your right, since joining WRX my game has come a Looong way. I was still shooting Triple Digit/High 90's scores when I joined WRX(The Wager wasn't too Long after that I don't think?), with a Banana slice Driver and a case of the chunkies with my irons. This place has been very good to me over the years and I appreciate everyone who has helped me along the way. You guys are all freakin Awesome eh!! :D

Finally, I confess. I haven't broke them out yet but you coming back has inspired me to get them ready to go. I was off today and finally decided to gear them up. They got new grips built up the way I like, all went on the bender and we're checked/set to my specs. On a side note, these were the softest clubs I've ever bent, they were soo easy to bend, like butter. I hope they feel that soft at contact :) They also got all new paint fill, a bath and a good polish(just by hand). They looks pretty shnazzy now, and are ready to go for my next round!! :D

Also I picked up these wedges today for super cheap. Faces are nice so I had to get them lol. The 52 has an S300(my shaft of choice) and the 56 and 60 have DG wedge flex which is fine for those clubs, I don't often swing either with a full on swing. These might actually knock out my SM5's, they have a slightly smaller head and I like the dull/brushed finish better. :)

Brocahontas I confess that it brings a tear to my eye that you haven't played those blades yet. But LOL I'm confident they will be played more and more over time once you start. Hee hee you don't know what you've been missing. Those 690s are in Titleist's upper echelon of best blades.

And LOL The Wager was such a good thread. You guys were pathetic hos out of the game. So funny.

Nin, what's going on with your shoulder bub?

Is it only golf related?

I got this tendonitis issue at the upper part of my bicep. Up near my armpit and the back of my right shoulder. I don't really feel it in my golf swing, but it is golf related from simply repetitive motion and not really cross training my arms muscles for anything else. If I try to throw a ball it hurts to take my arm back. It is a chronic injury that I think has slowly gotten worse over the years of me just playing golf and hitting a lot of balls.

Registered Bladeocrat

Yeah PJ that is a possibility. I'm hoping not.

Registered Bladeocrat

I call dibs on the baby blades if NInja taps out of golf.

*edit*

And that 13° TEE, it's sick, ya'll don't even know.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

Hurts in the armpit/back of shoulder huh?

May want to make sure it's tendinitis and not a little tear in the rotator cuff.

When I had rotator cuff issues in my right shoulder (almost dislocated the shoulder on a Thursday when the golf season was set to start on Saturday), I thought my right shoulder would dislocate on most of my backswings and the impact didn't feel too good either. Thus I'd say you can definitely feel any rotator cuff issues in your swing. I have to say though, that round was more fun than the one first round of the season when I had the shanks for the first 15 or so holes. :D

BTW. I put in a terrible round in the tournament on Sunday. The mental midget that I am managed some marvelously bad shots (some shots I've managed only a handful of times all season long but managed to pull them off in both, the club championships and this tournament), had a lost ball we couldn't locate from the trees and shrubs on the right side of the green when the ball had bounced out on to the left side of the fairway and some other "funny" incidents.

Oh well, it's time for the silly season now and I'm sure I'll break 80 soon again, the game is there as long as I don't let my mind get in the way.

Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6
Woods: ST 180 or MP-650 - Irons: MP-H5 / MP-53 / MP-4, KBS Tour S - 50º: MP-T5 / 55º: FG Tour PMP  / 60º: RTX ZipCore - Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4

Yeah PJ that is a possibility. I'm hoping not.

Biceps wouldn't cause too much pain posteriorly. That will typically run up the front of the arm and into the shoulder... not so much armpit but could.

any pain in the top and over the back of the shoulder usually deals with either Rotator cuff (inflammation/tendinitis vs tear) or even labrum. If its starting to get consistent with golf I wouldn't wait too much. Who knows, maybe it's nothing big an an injection with some therapy is all you need.

Forever Changing at this point.......

I call dibs on the baby blades if NInja taps out of golf.

*edit*

And that 13° TEE, it's sick, ya'll don't even know.

You can have my clubs when you pry them from my cold, dead hands.

Registered Bladeocrat

Fellas, sorry it took awhile for the update. Great to see Ninjitsu back in the house and as always that tends to bring our own redneck McLovin Master Dan the magnificent back, too. Hope that hurricane stays away from Chucktown and that Papa enjoys the Wilson trip!

I tapped out of the match play early. Made some dumb mental mistakes (actually teed off with too many clubs AGAIN) - but I'm always out looking for that epiphany when I play this tournament. So, this year, the two major observations are that to play at a scratch or plus, you can't really miss. These guys go two or three days of playing without hitting a ball more than 5 yards off target. Also, even the top players, clearly only had their A game half the time at most. So, I think it will change my mental game and expectations a little.

We've had a terrible last two months of smoke. Most of us blew it off and just did our thing playing golf, etc. for the first month or six weeks, but now it has definitely gotten to me. My wife went back to school last week, and I may just duck out for a little golf trip or something just to get away. Two monts is too long.

MJ FYI Portland area is under a haze of smoke. To "celebrate" Labor Day, some fool 15 year old kid lit a smoke bomb that started a fire on the OR side of the river. It crossed over to the WA side. There is a haze everywhere. Ashes are coming down like a fine snow. At my work we had to install pre-pre filters at all our exhaust intakes. We are wearing those hospital mouth masks to do work outside. Don't come up here if you need some fresh air. Peeps with asthma are hurting.

Registered Bladeocrat

I have that voucher to play Chamber's Bay and a friend has been offering up a round at Witch Hollow, which would make a great trip, but not in this smoke.

I'm considering a quick trip down to Monterey. Called over to the resort and PB is $525 walking, no caddie, no cart. So, I think I'll probably just play some of the other local favorites. I could play golf for 3 or 4 days for less money than one round at Pebble.

What/Where is all the smoke from Matt?

Also $500+ to play PB is outrageous, I'm sure it's a great/nice course and all but that's a lot for one round. Heck, The course I am considering Joining next season is only $750 CAD($607 US)for the whole season lol. :)

Hope the smoke clears up soon man!!

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Oh and Den, they're in the Bag Brosef!! I'm actually going older for everything, a complete bag swap lol. I was hoping to get to the range tonight to try the 690's first but I wasn't able to get out and it's gonna rain tomorrow. Maybe I can get out Friday after work if it's not raining. But either way they're seeing some dirt this weekend, even if it's untested. The Blades are In!! :D

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

We had a real wet winter, so there's a lot of underbrush, then the summer is hot and dry, so as soon as the fires start there's no way to put them out.

I was an outdoor guide and usually like aggressive environmental policy, but this is a prime example where the Dept of Ag. and Forest Services has dropped the ball. Millions of feet of board lumber up in smoke in the last 4 years I've lived here, and without the logging roads and fire breaks that the logged sections of forest provide we just stand around and watch it all burn. Pretty ridiculous. I'd rather see it harvested than burn like this. Can't believe the ash is that important for the forest and the scenery is horrible. I'd just as soon walk through a logged section of forest than a burned one. Our air quality has been hazardous for 6 to 8 weeks now. Prime golf and recreation season has been lost. No good whining about it, but it's pretty crazy and frustrating. All you can do is drive 7 hours to get out of it.

Oh and Den, they're in the Bag Brosef!! I'm actually going older for everything, a complete bag swap lol. I was hoping to get to the range tonight to try the 690's first but I wasn't able to get out and it's gonna rain tomorrow. Maybe I can get out Friday after work if it's not raining. But either way they're seeing some dirt this weekend, even if it's untested. The Blades are In!! :D

Effing sweet bag! Looks like a gamer bag to me. CBs be taking a backseat to those sexy babes.

Registered Bladeocrat

Thanks Matt, I'm hoping to be able to get down into the 70's more consistently next season, that's my goal for next year. I know I'm physically able to hit the required shots, I just need a little more consistency in my swing. I really hope the air there clears up there soon man, that sucks that you have to deal with the smoke for such a long period of time. :)

Thanks Den! I dunno what it is about Blades that makes them so damn sexy? But man I love to look at them!! Haha. I'm super stoked for this weekend to play them!! I may still carry my CB 3 iron though. A Bladed Tree iron is a little intimidating lol, imagine trying to hit this thing?? ;)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Pigems, carrying a CB 3i over a blade 3i has ZERO technical benefit. The same science that makes a blade 9i better than a CB 9i applies to blade and CB 3is too. You will ALWAYS get better spin control, dispersion, and clean ball contact with blades. This is by design and it is universal across all lofts. There is no magic "science" that changes when you change the loft of a blade. So again playing a CB over a blade will NOT provide any "benefit" to you (unless it is purely psychological). I challenge you to alternate hitting a blade 3i with the CB one and I'll bet the CB does NOTHING advantageous over the blade.

"Forgiveness" is a CARNEY SHAM(E)!!! Seriously.

Registered Bladeocrat

LOL I confess: I want a baby 'tree' iron now.

Registered Bladeocrat

LOL I confess: I want a baby 'tree' iron now.

It's great for Splitting fairways. But it's notorious for having a 2 way miss, Half the ball goes left and hand the ball goes right ;)

Pigems, carrying a CB 3i over a blade 3i has ZERO technical benefit. The same science that makes a blade 9i better than a CB 9i applies to blade and CB 3is too. You will ALWAYS get better spin control, dispersion, and clean ball contact with blades. This is by design and it is universal across all lofts. There is no magic "science" that changes when you change the loft of a blade. So again playing a CB over a blade will NOT provide any "benefit" to you (unless it is purely psychological). I challenge you to alternate hitting a blade 3i with the CB one and I'll bet the CB does NOTHING advantageous over the blade.

Good points, I guess I'll throw her in there too then lol. It's not like I hit it often anyways, I've only hit 3i once this season and I only hit it then just for the sake of hitting it that day lol. I kinda just wanted to see how far I could hit it :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Good points, I guess I'll throw her in there too then lol. It's not like I hit it often anyways, I've only hit 3i once this season and I only hit it then just for the sake of hitting it that day lol. I kinda just wanted to see how far I could hit it :)

Atta boy, Brova Scotia! I confess that I LOVE talking CB users 'off the cliff'. Note that by design, stronger lofted clubs compress the ball more at impact, and thus they provide more feel and feedback. So with long iron blades you will get BOTH the more harsh feeling miss hits AND the 'bladey' blissful pure strikes. More importantly, that superior blade design is still the same as it is with the short irons and so you can (and must, by the science) use the same exact justification to play blades across all the irons. It really is technical ignorance to think that long iron blades are any different than their shorter counterparts other than the stronger loft simply exacerbates the ball compression feel and feedback.

And when you miss hit that blade 3i, don't think of it as punishing your result any more or less than a CB 3i. Instead KNOW that it just gave you a gift of MORE precise feedback as to the quality of the swing that you just put into it.

Registered Bladeocrat

Looks like Papa and me dodged the irma bullet. Only forecast for TS condition for a time on Monday with about 5 inches of rain. Which is nothing for Chucktown - heck 2 years ago my townhouse and were Papa lives took 26 inches in 3 days. Wind gust to about 50 mph at the worst. And I see the track keeps moving a bit more west and now looks to go through Chattanooga and then south of Nashville so even my smokies place looks to get less than was projected a couple of days ago. About another solid month of hurricane season though so just cause Irma misses doesn't mean another won't hit. Fingers crossed until late October early November when things start to calm down.

We had lots of people into Starbucks this am from South Florida. 6 days - the menu becomes a bit more clear each day - that darn touchscreen has so, so, so many combos and levels it's really the only difficult part of the work- so many drink options.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified