Confessions 12 --- Exploding Heads

Conrad1953

Papa -- I'm 39, but played starting at age 9. We were kind of the transitional generation with the golf clubs, balls, etc.

Pig -- my first Scotty Cameron was a Newport Beach 1.5....very similar to yours. The Studio Stainless restore nicely.

Matt -- not much on my iPhone but once in awhile on my Android. The ads around WRX are a PITA.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

Wassup everyone, been reading along each morning before heading out to practice.

Been working really hard on my game. Lots of 90 yard 7 irons on the range, then trying to keep that relaxed "soft" feeling through the bag as I gradually increase the distance. Lots of short game practice, of course that could be better. Tied my lowest round yesterday, shot 67. I had 7 birdies, 2 bogies. Could have easily been 10 birdies. Yesterdays round was by FAR the best round I've ever played. I was relaxed, focused, and free the entire round. Definitely something to build on.

Hope all is well, glad to see Bick pop in too!

Oh yeah, Papa, I sent you a friend request on the Grint haha!

Wassup everyone, been reading along each morning before heading out to practice.

Been working really hard on my game. Lots of 90 yard 7 irons on the range, then trying to keep that relaxed "soft" feeling through the bag as I gradually increase the distance. Lots of short game practice, of course that could be better. Tied my lowest round yesterday, shot 67. I had 7 birdies, 2 bogies. Could have easily been 10 birdies. Yesterdays round was by FAR the best round I've ever played. I was relaxed, focused, and free the entire round. Definitely something to build on.

Nice Shootin Brosef!! Congrats on the low round man, that's awesome :)

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Papa -- I'm 39, but played starting at age 9. We were kind of the transitional generation with the golf clubs, balls, etc.

Pig -- my first Scotty Cameron was a Newport Beach 1.5....very similar to yours. The Studio Stainless restore nicely.

Matt -- not much on my iPhone but once in awhile on my Android. The ads around WRX are a PITA.

Nice, that's the same neck and head but with the 009/dalehead style bumpers right? I didn't end up getting out yesterday so I haven't got to try it on grass yet but I've been putting around the house non stop since I got it Saturday night. I love it, it sets up so perfectly behind the ball. I'm really hoping I don't have to wait until the weekend to get out to try it.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Congrats Hammer! Now I have to get out there and at least tie that round. LOL! Best I have had in the past 3 years of playing every few months was a 74 a week ago. I gotta find that form I had for my 68 or 71 and get rid of this case of the "bad timing lefts" I have going on.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Had a decent outing yesterday in a new weekly game that just started up last week. We play two man teams, A and B player, one net ball. A's are mostly around 5 or better and B's are no worse than 12 to 15. I was a B yesterday at 9.3 index getting 11 strokes from our gold tees. Started the day draining a 15 foot birdie for a net eagle. 3-putted both 4 and 6 green. Sliced a 3 wood into the water hazard on 7, but sunk a few more decent putts and pitched and chipped the ball well to come in with a 79. Par on 17 and 18 with a pop, and my partner who was a 6 or so actually popped on the last hole with a gross birdie net eagle. Ham and egg as we say around here. Score pushed my trend down to an 8.8 index.

In other golf related stuff.... dropped off the other set of the Miura CB's to our local club builder with a set of Steelfiber shafts. I'm going to try the i110 constant weight tapered tips. If they don't work out I think I'm going to sell them complete as the shafts had already been pulled once. I soft stepped them once and am leaving them a half inch long for now. I might go back and butt cut them myself.

Just sent out those Modus3 shafts to a GolfWRX'er who had a set in Stiff flex, so I should be getting those at the end of the week although I don't know what I'm going to do with them.

Also, sent that Steve Flesch TeI^3 pro platinum flat stick into Scotty Cameron to have it authenticated. I phoned the office when I placed the order and spoke with a customer service rep. He seems like a nice kid and I emailed him over a bunch of screenshots from private messages where Flesch's son confirms that he sold the putter from his dad's collection with his dad's permission. Hopefully they will authenticate that it's a Circle T and Made for Steve Flesch although the Cameron die hards seem to think it's likely it will come back as a CT with S.F. stamped in the rear bumper. Either way I'm probably going to sell it on here or Ebay. I had that carbon TeI^3 stamped with my initials, I already had that Circa that I bought stamped "Matt" from the CS, and I still have that carbon Newport that I probably should get rid of too. Kinda redundant having 4 of the same putter head and a 5th with your name stamped on the toe.

Good to see some of the regulars dropping in to share some stories. Great shooting Hammy.

Gaucho, hope they aren't travelling you too much at work and you're getting to play some.

Pigs, a Newport Beach 1.5 will have the flow neck on a standard Newport (Anser 1) head with a sound slot. I occasionally see a beached tour putter and am temped. I played that old Ray Cook mallet with the sound slot and liked the auditory feedback.

Hey guys, I haven't written here in a while (lucky you!).

With all the parts of my game deteriorating bit by bit, I signed up for some group lessons at our home club. No one else had signed up so I had two hours of private lessons with the pro figuring things out - all for free as the scheduled group lessons are free for all members. :)

We started off with completely rebuilding my wedge shots from 45 to 75 yards. A lot more upright swing, basically no wrist hinge and just turning the shoulders through. He just told me to work on it with my 55* and learn to use it for all the distances rather than switching clubs and hitting the same shots. I just moved to three wedges to make things more simple! :D He might've had a point that the 50* wedge wouldn't launch high enough to be effective as he pointed out the 30* launch angle I got with the 55* is pretty much what the pros hit and the 7000 rpm (I'm not sure if that was with the crappy range balls or if FlightScope did some adjustments to it) should be enough to stop the ball.

We spent the second hour on my swing with the irons. After having too active hips - the right hip pushing towards the ball on the downswing, I managed to evolve my swing to the point where my lower body was pretty much motionless (it was slightly weird to see it from the video). As with the wedges, a lot of it was about limiting the back swing and then getting the lower body working again. Whereas we got the wedge shots working pretty well, the swing was still a work in process when we finished.

Naturally I didn't get to work on what I learned on the range as we went to play today and the lessons certainly paid off already as I shot 82. Got to try the "new wedge shot" 3 times with two good ones going exactly where I wanted them to go (both slightly short though) and one bad one where I considered the distance to be a bit too much for the shot resulting in me trying too much.

The surprising part was how well the fairway woods worked getting to or around the green on three out of four tries. It's a shame on two of the holes I had hit bad drives to the very end of fairway bunkers requiring a blast out and on the third one I topped my first attempt very badly so no putts for eagle despite the good shots. :D

If I only hadn't flown the green OB on one par 3 and hit an atrocious tee shot OB off the 18th, I would've had a decent score (remove some bad chip shots and the score would've been great :D ).

One of the top clubs in the country just hired a new GM to run the business. The guy they hired used to be the CEO of my favourite, local hockey team and almost ran it to ground, hadn't it been for the owner who bailed the team more than once. While running the club he outsourced some of the clubs activities to his own company (the profits of which soon went through the roof) sending the hockey team into bigger trouble. Last winter he organized two games to be played outdoors (so called winter classics). I'm not sure of how much arranging such an event can cost (one built-up stadium for 13 000 for two days) but he managed to make six-digit losses for the two games. He also managed to make a mess of the athletics European Championships, they had a budget of 15 million and with him in charge they managed losses of 3.6 million requiring the tax payers to bail out the organizers.

I tried to comment on the news online on the number one golf medium in the country but both times my comments (with above examples and links to the news stories) were deleted within minutes. :D I can only assume they didn't like the critical view and some facts about their friend (the circles amongst the high-ranks are pretty small in Finland). If I had a stake in that club, I'd be very worried right about now as the guy seems to be completely incompetent to run a sports business. But hey, he's got a long history in sports and the right people know him, so why not let him make a mess of one of the top five three clubs in the country while giving him a very healthy salary for it? :)

Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6
Woods: ST 180 or MP-650 - Irons: MP-H5 / MP-53 / MP-4, KBS Tour S - 50º: MP-T5 / 55º: FG Tour PMP  / 60º: RTX ZipCore - Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4

I played some of the most effortless golf of my life yesterday - for the first 12 holes. Pretty much pure shots one after another from driver to fairway woods to irons and wedges but the birdie putts just wouldn't drop in the hole, 8 GIRs, 3 puttable on the fringe and one bigger miss on a 215-yard par 3. Then I failed to finish three of the next four holes - or should I say failed to get out of the tee box. :D

The three holes I did finish were +1, so it made for an interesting round. Some of the best golf of my life accompanied by some of the worst tee shots but I guess that's the life after some lessons where we made some drastic changes. :)

After hitting a pure 4 iron, I'm again thinking about getting the MP-4 3 iron. I'm also wondering whether or not I should move to a narrower-soled lob wedge. Practising bunker shots the other day I tried my 50* MP-T5 from the bunker, just a normal, flat sole, no grind and it seemed to work better. I do prefer the wider sole off the turf though. MAybe I should go back to what DeNinny wrote about it all a while back.

Woods: ST 180 or MP-650 - Irons: MP-H5 / MP-53 / MP-4, KBS Tour S - 50º: MP-T5 / 55º: FG Tour PMP  / 60º: RTX ZipCore - Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4

Glad to hear you're still working hard, Halebopp. With such a short season, you can't get too discouraged. It always takes me a few months of playing and practicing at least 3 times a week to produce any results.

I pulled a big GolfWRX club ho move on Friday.

I got a call from my club builder that the Steelfiber shafts I bought off of Ebay were .370 tips so won't fit my Miuras. They were advertised as .355 taper so I called the company and they apologized and we arranged for a return. Well, I had been concerned that the i110 in stiff were going to be a bit too stout for me even soft stepped once, but I didn't want to buy grips and cut them all down an inch or inch and a half to soft step them more and I would have had to buy a 3 iron shaft and would have had an extra wedge shaft.

So, I get on Ebay and am browsing and a guy has a set of Titleist 716 CB's with the Steelfiber i95 in Stiff. I send him a couple offers and he won't come off his price much which is way too high. I tell him sorry, last offer at $600 plus I pay his too high shipping price of $35. I flip over to WRX to check on you guys, hit the classifieds tab, and a WRX'er is selling the exact same set for $625 shipped. Sold. Arrive tomorrow. He asked me to gift, I told him sorry. He said no problem, same price. I sent him the PayPal and he boxed them up and took them to the USPS. Perfect.

Also, I had traded a set of pulls of my buddy's. I think I mentioned it, the modus3's in 125 gram with the special Design Tuning graphics in stiff is what I got for the 120's in reg flex. Ran those over to the club builder that already had the Miura heads and he's building those should be ready tomorrow. I went a hair heavy, 5-7 iron in D4 and the 8-PW in D6. We'll see... I plan on selling either that set or my gamers with the C-Tapers or the CB 716's. It will be a big death match on the range next week to see who gets primary and back-up positions. 3 sets of irons, only 2 will survive... :)

Nice buy Matt!! I love my Titleist CB's!!

Played 36 today, holy crap I'm pooped. Fired off a 39/46 for 85 and a 43/40 for an 83 on the second round. Love the course, had never played it before. :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Thanks Pigems. Looking forward to their arrival tomorrow.

I'm really curious to hear your opinions on the long irons with the tungsten inserts once you've hit them :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Funny, my irons have been behaving, guess they feel the heat :)

Started double, bogey, bogey, but finished with a 77 yesterday. 4 over after 3 holes and 1 over through the next 15, haha. 1 birdie and two bogies.

Irons are a funny bunch, I think they're smarter than they let on ;)

Nice shootin Brosef, that's a hella good round there :)

I only made 1 single lone birdie in all 36 holes yesterday haha. I had a few real good chances but lipped out or just missed all but the one. I don't make birdies very often, maybe 3 all season so far? I really liked the Cameron though, lines up well and feels great. I think she's a keeper :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

I seem to be making fewer although I had 2 really good looks I missed yesterday.

I think it's probably better course management and firmer greens.

I make less doubles too. :)

I've actually been focused on firing at more pins lately. Went through a phase I was hitting into the middle of the green a lot due to it "not suiting my eye."

Glad that Scotty is working out for you!

Irons just arrived! Off to the range!

I seem to be making fewer although I had 2 really good looks I missed yesterday.

I've actually been focused on firing at more pins lately. Went through a phase I was hitting into the middle of the green a lot due to it "not suiting my eye."

Birdies are hard to come by, knowing it's a birdie putt messes with my head lol. I think I just need more birdie putt experience so I won't be so damn nervous every time I get one. So often I end up hitting it with my purse trying to be to cute with a birdie putt. I need to just hit it like any other putt some how?

I actually have been doing the same lately(going for more pins). I know I can physically hit the shots, it's just a matter of doing it on the course. I don't find I hit more or less greens than when I was aiming for middles either lol. I'm basically around 50% give or take for Firs and Girs most days.

What's your normal course management strategy? I struggle with CM, after a few good holes I tend to get a little over confident and start hitting shots I shouldn't and it leads to big numbers(took a 9 on the 10th yesterday). I need to stick to the game plan better. That and I never lay up, on purpose anyways lol. I always say I will when needed but I never end up doing it. That 5/10% chance of pulling off a great shot is enough to entice me every time haha :D

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

I guess the major tenant of my CM is getting into position off the tee. Whether that's swinging easy with driver despite the fact it's a long hole, or hitting 3W or 2H off the tee to leave myself a full club, I'm always prioritizing having the right angle under 150 yards. Outside of 150 I'm always playing to the center of the green. Before each approach shot I try and visualize the putting surface and figure out where I really want to be to end up with an uphill putt. Usually I feel like I putt better looking at a birdie. The excitement focuses me. Unless I have a number going then I might get nervous ;)

Lately, my putting has been great. I've gotten more accustomed to our greens, firm and fast, so I'm always playing the odds with speed and deciding how aggressive I can afford to be. This is the first time since I started playing that I'm noticing people complimenting my putting and it scaring competitors. Such a great feeling and worth all of the hard work.

I guess it boils down to the fact that until you're a scratch player, par is a good score. I do try and look at a layout and analyze where there are birdie opportunities. That doesn't mean I expect birdies, but not all pars are created equally. Some pins should be fired at. Some putts should be run past the hole (or ideally firmly in the bottom). It's like a symphony to me. There are crescendos. There are moments you have to seize to put a great round together. I think my CM turned a corner when I quit being bothered by a bad swing, but haunted by a bad decision. It's a thinking man's game. Don't ever shy away from analysis. Before you address the ball, obviously. But, the best players I've witnessed *think* more than a single digit does. Real 'playas' as Richard Forged4Ever calls them, they play the wind, they play the contours of the course, they play their lie, they play their energy level, they play the timing of the match, they SEIZE the MF'ing MOMENT. IMO, there's nothing to be scared of but yourself. That's the beauty of such a ridiculous pursuit. What's your wildest dream, shoot a course record? Hit 23 putts in a round? Put up a 59? Would it really change your life? Probably not. Be the player you want to be.

So, the Steelfibers in the i95 weight are stout. I don't know if the ball flight is good for me. My caddie at Bandon called me a "high ball" player. I didn't necessarily call it a compliment. But, I'll be curious under different conditions if I can hold greens with these clubs. The flight is definitely lower than the C Taper Lites. I'll be interested to see what those Modus shafts look like when that build gets finished, hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday. One set is going to the BST. Lefties be warned, some drool worthy irons are coming to the Classified Ad's by the end of next week. Confessioners get a preference so I'll post here first as we actually have a bunch of lefties. :)

Testing conditions today were weak. Very firm and thin turf, a heavy wind mostly down and coming off my right shoulder. Piss poor range to actually judge distance and probably 85% ball striking.

Anybody who is bored quit reading as I know this is a novella. :)

Total side note... but a couple of you that have loosely followed my ho'ing ways may have noticed this is the 4th or 5th set of irons I've bought used through BST or Ebay in the last 3 years. Once again, the specs on this set were FUBAR'd when they arrived. The lofts and lengths were both dead nuts on, but the lies were crazy up right. That's the second set that I've bought that were outrageously built or bent by somebody. I can't envision why anybody would play 4 inches over length (Miura CB's with Nippon SPO's) or 5 up right (Titleist CB's) I almost wrote the guy and asked him if he knew. It was no skin off my back as I just bent them back to my specs, but I can't even imagine how bad I would have pull hooked them as they sat. The Miuras that were built so long had to have been soft-stepped 2 or 3 times and played like wet noodles. So weird. Are there that many horrible clubfitters out there or that many very unusual golfers? Inquiring minds....

Birdies are hard to come by, knowing it's a birdie putt messes with my head lol. I think I just need more birdie putt experience so I won't be so damn nervous every time I get one. So often I end up hitting it with my purse trying to be to cute with a birdie putt. I need to just hit it like any other putt some how?

I actually have been doing the same lately(going for more pins). I know I can physically hit the shots, it's just a matter of doing it on the course. I don't find I hit more or less greens than when I was aiming for middles either lol. I'm basically around 50% give or take for Firs and Girs most days.

What's your normal course management strategy? I struggle with CM, after a few good holes I tend to get a little over confident and start hitting shots I shouldn't and it leads to big numbers(took a 9 on the 10th yesterday). I need to stick to the game plan better. That and I never lay up, on purpose anyways lol. I always say I will when needed but I never end up doing it. That 5/10% chance of pulling off a great shot is enough to entice me every time haha :D

Course management would do me well I think. I'm not exactly sure where I'm lacking in that department but I'm sure I don't do a good job of navigating well. As to laying up, I would say I hardly ever do it haha. Only time I will is if I have a forced carry and the 3 wood will more than likely put me in jail and the hybrid won't reach the landing area. Forces me to lay up with a short iron :yuck:

Although I may be doing better as of late. I haven't really been sweating breaking 90 like I was earlier this year. Now a ho hum round falls in the 87-89 range. Good rounds are 80-83. The ocean course is coming up for me soon though :). Look out!

Forever Changing at this point.......

Are you aiming at one half of the fairway to get to pins?

How about clubbing so you can't reach trouble around the green?

Changing trajectory for a front pin?

We all have a lot to learn IMO. Having a plan is half the battle. Also, for you Papa J my guess would be you need to figure out where you're dumping strokes and commit to practice just that part of your game.

Reached out to the guy about the CB's and he claims he ordered them standard lies.

Checked their stock lies (I use my own based off a 61 degree PW) they are more up than I expected but these we're at least 3 if not 4 up and more in some clubs. I guess it could be from hitting them off mats. Who knows?

Hmmm I def play to a certain part of the fairway as I have basically gotten down to a one way miss (woo hoo) but not so much to have a good angle into pin. Biggest thing I try to do is just make sure I have a shot at the green without a tree in the way and attempt to take a bunker out of the way.

I don't exactly club away from trouble around the green? I typically get a yardage to the middle or back of the green and go with that. It's been helping a lot.

Front pins I do try and come in a little lower but again typically am just trying to hit distance if middle green.

Forever Changing at this point.......

Matt, golf is amongst the best things you can do with your pants on but it's not as much fun as it could be when you're struggling. That's the point where you need to get some help and work hard.

We actually didn't use the FlightScope but to film my swing and then to show me the numbers as I was slightly unsure of the efficiency of my "new" wedge shots. Even on the full swing shots he just showed me my swing and didn't bother with the numbers as we really weren't fine tuning anything.

A friend of mine played the SteelFiber i110 x stiffs for a year - funnily enough I can't remember which heads he had in them, probably Titleist CBs. I liked the shafts very much, didn't see much difference in the flight in between them and my MP-54s with KBS Tour stiffs but hitting off mats it soon became obvious how much nicer they were for the body and joints even though the KBS Tours are very smooth shafts.

One of the big changes in my game over the past couple of years has been how I've stopped worrying about a bad shots. You're screwed if you're standing next to your ball preparing for your approach shot and thinking how the tee shot came 20 yards short etc. Now I might think through the bad shot in the tee box or next to it, I let go of those thoughts the moment the club goes back into the bag and I start walking down the fairway. After that it's all about the next shot and whatever chitchat we might have going on.

Another big chance for me has been the GPS watch. Whereas I used to look at the 100, 150 and 200 meter markers (to the middle of the green) to figure it out, I'm now much more reliant on the distances to the front and the back of the green. What I need to hit and what is the absolute maximum.

As for off the tee, the best club would usually be the one you have confidence in not hitting into trouble. On a tight par 4 it used to be an automatic 3 iron off the tee for me, now it can be even a 5 or a 6 iron. If I know the 5 iron can't reach trouble on the left if I did hook it, the chances of me hitting a good shot improve drastically. I might need to play the hole 5 iron - 5 iron but that's better than worrying about the 3 iron on the tee with a chance of having a 7/8 iron in or possibly missing the tee shot on either side.

Also, I try to play away from the trouble. If there's OB or something else on the left, I tee up on the left side of the tee box and aim towards the right side of the fairway, play away from the inside corner of a dogleg if there are trees etc.

Ha, I made an eagle! Drive to the left side of the fairway, about 215 yards out to an elevated green, a good 5 wood that landed on the green and came to rest pin high, 5-6 feet out. I decided to force the ball through the break and the ball dropped from the left edge but it wasn't far from lipping out and leaving me with a long birdie putt.

Unfortunately the round wasn't spectacular outside of the one hole as the swing wasn't quite there.

There was a Bridgestone ball fitting set up on the back tee of the first hole. I teed up an e6 for the occasion, the rep overheard me say it and after (in WRX fashion) smoking my drive right down the middle, he asked me if I had hit an e6. After I confirmed it he made a bold statement that I would've got 15-20 meters more with a B330-RXS (of course, for a true WRXer the recommendation would've been the B330-S :D ). While I do get more distance out of a ProV1 and other "tour" balls over the e6s etc., I consider 15-20 meters to be quite a bold statement but I got interested enough that I should probably try and see if I can find actual differences. I just used the e6 off the 1st tee anyway in case I hook it OB. From the second hole onwards it was back to tour balls.

Posted another 79 today. Pretty poor putting ended up with 30 putts. No birdies, no doubles.

Got out there early and got some work done. Finally got the Covert 2 dialed back in and hit 10 fairways. Figured out my irons need to be a little flatter. Both the C Taper Lites and the Steelfibers are LONG. The CB's are pretty nice. Gonna hit 'an on course tomorrow. Looking like the Miuras with the Modus3's will get sold.

Late update cuz well, ya know.

Enjoyed the round with Ninja & Co. good bunch of guys at that Rock Creek place. Fun course.

I didn't keep score---just not playing enough for it to matter at this point. Hit the Snake Eyes blades way better than I expected--first time they were on the course for a full 18 in over 10 years.

Had a case of the lefts with the irons. (There is offset in them there hills.....)

Gonna concentrate on playing more with the 33s.

Ninja's black beauty baby blades are sexy. Almost makes me wanna go git sum.

Been putting with my 1981 Anser 2 lately. And just purchased my #2 holy grail putter---an Anser 2 milled old school style with tungsten weights, prepped by the PING Tour swami himself, Mr. Jim Wells.

Pics to follow when she arrives. Excited.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

played a scramble yesterday and made three birdies on my own ball with the 716 CB's

they're straight and long, I've been mostly playing a draw with my irons, and these tend to produce a short fade as a miss

going to keep the experiment going for another week at least

If I had a few hybrids I'd have two fully functional bags at my disposal

Master Dan, you gotta post a photo of that putter, got me excited to see it!

I got it off eBay. Paid a chunk of my overtime check for it but it checks all the boxes I want. In a perfect world it would be a B60 but an Anser 2 is my next favorite.

Can't really get pics currently as eBay won't let me snag pictures but I'll definitely post when it gets here.

It's official I'm experiencing the best ball striking of my life. Almost holed another par 3 today from 165 yards. I hit a 6 iron 155 last year and 170 this year. Hit a driver in a hitting bay today and saw numbers over 100 mph of club head speed for the first time. I gotta harness the energy, get the putter on a roll and threaten par before this season ends.

Exciting but daunting. Much love to the confessioners that still check in on us.

Confession: I'm scared I'll never shoot under par.