2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Nike 2017

I was told by a nike rep in arizona they just had a meeting and the new catalog should be coming out pretty soon… hope he is right

I think this meeting was just for 2017 apparel and accessories though.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Nike could get the size and great forged feeling of the VR with the forgiveness of the VFP in satin finish of course, and a Black swoosh!!!

Japan VFP is satin with lil bit of blue

I'm hoping for the size of my Vr splits with the forgiveness of the VFP's.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Those infareds are awesome! I still would like to know how the 90's play

Driver-TM Sim 9 GD- Tour ADDI 6x

Fairway- Nike VR Pro 15- Fubuki Alpha 70x

Irons- Mizuno MP20 6-PW MMC-4,5- PJX LZ 6.5

Wedges- RTX4  50,56,60- DG s400 

Putter- Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5 w/Hula Girl 2006 cover

releases tomorrow, the 90's collection, the blade collar polo looks so dope ill def grab that one. actually all the blade collars that are slim fit looks and feels so good. i found a few at the discount nike store near me for 30-40 bucks. the 90's are lil narrow then my lc4 i feel but they do grip a lot and walking in them are really nice on my feet.

If Nike could get the size and great forged feeling of the VR with the forgiveness of the VFP in satin finish of course, and a Black swoosh!!!

I'm still loving my vr blades. wish nike would release a sneak preview of the irons they will be releasing next year, so i could make up my mind already to go ahead and get the fly pro irons or got wit the combos. if i got with the fly pros i'll deff be getting the japan version of them since there not black. but the black does look good, stilll haven't seen some fly pros that has been used to see what the soles looks like after some rounds.

"if anyone on here has the FlyPro Irons please post some pics of what they look like now since you put em threw some rounds, would love to see how much the black finishing

is holding up"

I'm still loving my vr blades. wish nike would release a sneak preview of the irons they will be releasing next year, so i could make up my mind already to go ahead and get the fly pro irons or got wit the combos. if i got with the fly pros i'll deff be getting the japan version of them since there not black. but the black does look good, stilll haven't seen some fly pros that has been used to see what the soles looks like after some rounds.

"if anyone on here has the FlyPro Irons please post some pics of what they look like now since you put em threw some rounds, would love to see how much the black finishing

is holding up"

I believe the finishing is holding up nicely. I'll grab a couple of pictures this afternoon of mine and add them to this post.

Probably have about 12 rounds on the VFP irons. I try to hit 30 to 40 balls three or four times a week; PW gets about 15 shots spread between 60 and 125 yards. Range balls I hit are in pretty good shape and I do try and keep the face wiped off (damp towel) every couple of shots. The PW does show the most wear. When I practice, if I used only the ball I play with and wipe the face after every shot, the wear would be minimized.

The leading edge is somewhat polished considering the turf where I hit balls is very sandy.

TaylorMade M2 10.5 / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Callaway Apex 3/20 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3

Maltby KE Tour TC 5/25 Hybrid / Rapport CoreBlue Hybrid R flex
Maltby Forged DBM 4-GW / USTM Recoil 660 F3
Maltby TSW DRM 58 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby TSW DRM 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby PTM-5 with 3" Carbon Steel hosel & UST Frequency Filter shaft
Nike RZN Tour Black or TaylorMade Tour Response

is holding up"

There is a thread on vapor fly pros in the equipment section with pics too

is holding up"

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1298768-nike-vapor-fly-pro-irons-thread/page__pid__13836634__st__90#entry13836634

is holding up"

I believe the finishing is holding up nicely. I'll grab a couple of pictures this afternoon of mine and add them to this post.

Probably have about 12 rounds on the VFP irons. I try to hit 30 to 40 balls three or four times a week; PW gets about 15 shots spread between 60 and 125 yards. Range balls I hit are in pretty good shape and I do try and keep the face wiped off (damp towel) every couple of shots. The PW does show the most wear. When I practice, if I used only the ball I play with and wipe the face after every shot, the wear would be minimized.

The leading edge is somewhat polished considering the turf where I hit balls is very sandy.

Nice ball striking!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

They are great! I've only played in dry conditions but I've walked every time I've played. Maybe 3-4 rounds in. Traction was not a problem, to me.

So light and comfortable. I didn't want to take them off after the round, lol.

Drive home with them on.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

is holding up"

http://www.golfwrx.c...0#entry13836634

sorry i asked about em, this thread is already jacked up with questions that has nothing to do with the 2017 line so i figured it didn't matter to ask about em

They are great! I've only played in dry conditions but I've walked every time I've played. Maybe 3-4 rounds in. Traction was not a problem, to me.

Drive home with them on.

The sole looks really thick on these. Is it thick or is is just the look from the outside of the shoe?

Drive home with them on.

The sole looks really thick on these. Is it thick or is is just the look from the outside of the shoe?

The midsole area is not too thick, gives that appearance since midsole and upper are both the same color and blends in. It may look thick but doesn't make you feel elevated when you're wearing them.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

Drive home with them on.

The midsole area is not too thick, gives that appearance since midsole and upper are both the same color and blends in. It may look thick but doesn't make you feel elevated when you're wearing them.

Ok, thanks for the info Lesmond.

Nike doesn't seem to have any real direction....forged blades? CB? combo sets? colors?

i would love to see Nike get their stuff together a little better but they are still a ways out from being a top 4 OEM behind Taylor made, Callaway, Ping and Titleist.

The equipment is solid. They just don't market it correctly.

The hero worship model doesn't work that much in golf unless it's apparel.

Just because they don't do the "10 yards longer" stuff doesn't mean the gear isn't good.

I'm not so sure the equipment is solid....the sasquatch lineup was horrible, but the blades were solid....then they took a step back and the fly irons are not good IMO.....I will say I hit the fly pro driver and killed it....even though tests show this driver is shorter than other drivers, I hit it 280. I typically hit my 910 D3 around 255.....its always a mixed bag with Nike....

the new black and silver TW vapor driver looks nice in pictures

not sure your argument is valid considering you're referencing clubs (sasquatch line and (910 driver) from more than 5 years ago. Nike has come A LONGGGG WAY in the last 5 years and their golf stuff is much better now than it was in 2010. Plus, just about any driver from 2016 will go farther than a driver from 2010 roughly. (910 driver). however, I will agree that sometimes nike is hit or miss with their game improvement irons. I think the last several years, their low handicap player irons have been quite good, though.

I am praying for new blades in 2017. My VR Pro Blades hands down the best irons I have ever played and they are getting beat up. I went ahead and ordered the new Titleist 716 MB's earlier this year and immediately sold them 2 weeks after I got them....Not. Even. Close.

You tried Fila clubs????

should of jus bought the vapor pro. or found sum mint vr pro blades.

Hey guys,

Been awhile since I've been on since I've been very busy with the golf season but I figured since I saw there was a 2017 thread started I'll tell you what I've been told/heard as a Swoosh Staff Advisory Member what's possibly upcoming for Nike in 2017.

There was a sales rep meeting at the end of June at HQ and I was under the impression that they would see the new equipment there but haven't confirmed this with my rep yet. Although as it comes to equipment; there will be new woods, players irons(blades,PC), new wedges(I think they're not completely re-doing the engage wedges but modifying them a bit). It sounds like from what I've heard Nike is starting to go down the route of extending their product cycles like a Titleist or Ping. I know the reps have suggested this, but your already seeing it with the irons and wedges. I believe the tour golf balls and woods are going to be the next step but I do know there will be new woods next year. Should start to see some new equipment being toyed with by the tour pros sometime in August(check the USGA conforming club list, as soon as something new pops up there, expect the tour guys to be using it immediately). As for release date, I wouldn't be surprised to see a limited release sometime around November like they did for the MMprotos, but go to retail will probably be end of January like the last couple years. I usually meet with my rep sometime in October to see the new apparel, bags, gloves, shoes, so probably won't see anything until then unless something is leaked on here.

As for apparel, I've been told that next years apparel is going to be ridiculous. Expect to see a lot of new things and new patterns. Hopefully this wasn't too long of post but wanted to put out there what I've been told. I'll try to update if I hear of anything concrete. Everyone have a good rest of the season!

Hey guys,

Been awhile since I've been on since I've been very busy with the golf season but I figured since I saw there was a 2017 thread started I'll tell you what I've been told/heard as a Swoosh Staff Advisory Member what's possibly upcoming for Nike in 2017.

There was a sales rep meeting at the end of June at HQ and I was under the impression that they would see the new equipment there but haven't confirmed this with my rep yet. Although as it comes to equipment; there will be new woods, players irons(blades,PC), new wedges(I think they're not completely re-doing the engage wedges but modifying them a bit). It sounds like from what I've heard Nike is starting to go down the route of extending their product cycles like a Titleist or Ping. I know the reps have suggested this, but your already seeing it with the irons and wedges. I believe the tour golf balls and woods are going to be the next step but I do know there will be new woods next year. Should start to see some new equipment being toyed with by the tour pros sometime in August(check the USGA conforming club list, as soon as something new pops up there, expect the tour guys to be using it immediately). As for release date, I wouldn't be surprised to see a limited release sometime around November like they did for the MMprotos, but go to retail will probably be end of January like the last couple years. I usually meet with my rep sometime in October to see the new apparel, bags, gloves, shoes, so probably won't see anything until then unless something is leaked on here.

As for apparel, I've been told that next years apparel is going to be ridiculous. Expect to see a lot of new things and new patterns. Hopefully this wasn't too long of post but wanted to put out there what I've been told. I'll try to update if I hear of anything concrete. Everyone have a good rest of the season!

Thanks man! Super excited to see the new stuff!

Hey guys,

Thanks for the info!