2024 3M Open What's In The Bag Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

15 minutes ago, Soloman1 said:

we can certainly talk about the fed. there aren’t enough bad words in the dictionary to describe it.

it’s one thing that is rarely, if ever, taught in school. if people knew where it came from, how it came about and how it operates, they’d understand too much. the language of the fed, finance, banking and economics is intentionally convoluted in a way to put the average person asleep and reaching for the remote.

if you’re old enough to remember the s&l crisis, the 2008 one should be no problem.

the banks did it again, because boom and bust is the goal.

the fed put out their q3 report that is tilted to the traditional rosy side.

bis (bank for international settlements), which handles all foreign transaction globally, was not so rosy and broached the topic of derivatives.

top 4 banks in us sold at least $186 trillion in otc derivatives, but the total worldwide isn’t known because it’s opaque. they are all off book. many are hidden overseas and the controller has no info on them in total.

the total known globally is more than double the gdp of the entire world.

even the ones we know about domestically are 6x all assets of the banks.

the fed is getting a little wiggly because the banks have no plan of how they would unravel the derivatives, if necessary. nothing. no idea, except the usual plan of having the fed bail them out. anyway, it’s a big problem and the fed is making the banks come plan to unravel them.

now, the usual response from economists and analysts will be that we always have these side bets, some up and some down, and there no likelihood of problems. the economy is great! sound familiar?

there is only one way to handle the us debt. well, you could cancel it, but that will never happen. the only way is to monetize it, which mean printing even more money.

they’re giving you a little rest now. but, when they start, which they will, inflation takes off like a bottle rocket. devaluing your paper, fiat money is the bedrock of the fed, which is owned and operated by the banks, who create it out of thin air.

small businesses account for 44% of the us gdp. small business is bigger than most countries. the last report on rents for april showed that 43% of small businesses who rent space could not pay their rent. almost as high as during the shutdown. let that sink in a minute.

consumers are pulling back on discretionary spending, except for golf. 🙂

anyone got a good golf story?

aded for @bladehunter: the anit-trust laws were made to break up unions, not to protect consumers in any way. consumers are not mentioned anywhere in the law.

Right. I understand the antitrust laws as well as a layman can.  I just meant that it’s a non governed monopoly that should have some governance. Like those laws. Except this time break up venture capital.  In favor of the individual.  I personally do not believe they benefit anyone that isn’t participating in their firms and deals. For list of cons is great.  The very definition of a monopoly.  In my little eyes. Fire up the pen and defeat them.  

Your depiction of small business is correct.  Once they kill all of us.  Then what ?  Who will buy their junk that nobody needs ?  Like you said. They’ll ride the wave to insanity. Cash out and retire. While the rest of us have to restore order and rebuild. Let’s cut the waves pearls off. 

Callaway mavrik max 8* mmt 70 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Ping Glide forged 53 59 AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

27 minutes ago, Soloman1 said:

we can certainly talk about the fed. there aren’t enough bad words in the dictionary to describe it.

it’s one thing that is rarely, if ever, taught in school. if people knew where it came from, how it came about and how it operates, they’d understand too much. the language of the fed, finance, banking and economics is intentionally convoluted in a way to put the average person asleep and reaching for the remote.

if you’re old enough to remember the s&l crisis, the 2008 one should be no problem.

the banks did it again, because boom and bust is the goal.

the fed put out their q3 report that is tilted to the traditional rosy side.

bis (bank for international settlements), which handles all foreign transaction globally, was not so rosy and broached the topic of derivatives.

top 4 banks in us sold at least $186 trillion in otc derivatives, but the total worldwide isn’t known because it’s opaque. they are all off book. many are hidden overseas and the controller has no info on them in total.

the total known globally is more than double the gdp of the entire world.

even the ones we know about domestically are 6x all assets of the banks.

the fed is getting a little wiggly because the banks have no plan of how they would unravel the derivatives, if necessary. nothing. no idea, except the usual plan of having the fed bail them out. anyway, it’s a big problem and the fed is making the banks come plan to unravel them.

now, the usual response from economists and analysts will be that we always have these side bets, some up and some down, and there no likelihood of problems. the economy is great! sound familiar?

there is only one way to handle the us debt. well, you could cancel it, but that will never happen. the only way is to monetize it, which mean printing even more money.

they’re giving you a little rest now. but, when they start, which they will, inflation takes off like a bottle rocket. devaluing your paper, fiat money is the bedrock of the fed, which is owned and operated by the banks, who create it out of thin air.

small businesses account for 44% of the us gdp. small business is bigger than most countries. the last report on rents for april showed that 43% of small businesses who rent space could not pay their rent. almost as high as during the shutdown. let that sink in a minute.

consumers are pulling back on discretionary spending, except for golf. 🙂

anyone got a good golf story?

aded for @bladehunter: the anit-trust laws were made to break up unions, not to protect consumers in any way. consumers are not mentioned anywhere in the law.

Good golf story.  Played with a kid last week that is 24 ish. He was on his 3rd round ever.  Former bball player. And i witnessed him carry the ball 317 ish to 320 4 times. And nearly dunk a wedge from 70-100 yards 4 times. I mean I was greenside and the ball was flying in the hole. Missing by mere inches.  He’s playing with a hodgepodge of clubs and a new cobra driver. Guess who he watches on YouTube ?  Bryson.  Wedge game and driver looked just like him.  Really great move.  He topped a few.  And fatted one 3 wood.  But he had the most potential for a beginner I’ve ever seen. He was mad that he had messed up some. 🤣.  I shoook his hand and told him , “ please be patient.  You will be able to compete at any am level in this game if you keep it up for a couple years “.  His dad texted me later that day and said “ don’t know what you said to him.  But thank you ….”  Went on to say that he was nervous about being paired with me.  I told him he’s got a spot in my group anytime.  I thoroughly enjoyed watching him.  

I distinctly recall what it was like to be a beginner.  Some guys were great. Some horrible.  I’m very glad to pay forward what the great ones gave me. 

it was one of those WOW 😮 moments.  That are rare.  I wouldn’t believe he was a beginner if I didn’t know his dad so well.  

• Like 4

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 hour ago, bladehunter said:

Right. I understand the antitrust laws as well as a layman can.  I just meant that it’s a non governed monopoly that should have some governance. Like those laws. Except this time break up venture capital.  In favor of the individual.  I personally do not believe they benefit anyone that isn’t participating in their firms and deals. For list of cons is great.  The very definition of a monopoly.  In my little eyes. Fire up the pen and defeat them.  

Your depiction of small business is correct.  Once they kill all of us.  Then what ?  Who will buy their junk that nobody needs ?  Like you said. They’ll ride the wave to insanity. Cash out and retire. While the rest of us have to restore order and rebuild. Let’s cut the waves pearls off. 

Small business is, by definition, the greatest beneficiary of “venture capital”

What do you think VC does? 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

I type a response. Deleted it. Rather I’d just ask . How so?  Are they not the enablers of our spending habits.  And the borrow. Boom. Bust cycle that is the issue ?     That’s like saying an addict benefits most from the dealer. At least that how I see it. 

Edited by bladehunter

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

2 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

you know you live in Hades when there is a mosquito forecast.

Back to this education thing.  I have two kids both out of the house.  I had one kid skip a grade and graduate from college at 22 on the 5 year program in large part due to the major and covid, and then my smarter kid decided college wasn't for him. College doesn't imply intelligence, college implies affordability and familial SES or resourcefulness.  What it means though, to me is life is a series of twists, turns, and intersections the kid with the degree gets more choices in regards to what might happen in the future, and the graduate degree gives even more options as they present themselves.

I believe over 50% of all kids have college degrees today, whereas in the 60's it was just 30%.  My kid knew he was taking the harder road.  He is doing great, but it took a little longer to get up and running.

Everyone chooses their path, and their success is their success whether its an exotic car or just hoping for good health.  Kids are funny and while we want to shed our knowledge, they have to learn for themselves, at least that is my experience. 

I am not downing higher education here. Had a gym teacher in high school who was a real Richard Noggin. He did not know all the circumstances as why and to I had to go into the Navy. He told me I would never amount to crap and I would probably be in the Navy my whole life

Fast forward about 12 years. My aunt and uncle managed an apartment complex. I was over there visiting them when I saw this guy. He was sarcastic and asked me who I stole the Vette from? That was my last Vette which was an 82 model. I told him it was mine free and clear. He said I must have a rich uncle, or something die. I told him no I earned it that I was in the trucking business and my partner and his wife joint owned 4 trucks with me and I had 2 of my own that I drove one of. I also told him I had a small house in Rock Hill SC that was paid for. I dug the barb back at him. Told him I see you are living in these rat hole apartments (not really) that my Aunt and Uncle managed. I told him further I worked hard and made darn good money. Told him if he went to truck driving school he could come to work for me. Told him it was not a cushy gym teacher job but he would have more hours and a lot more money. LOL he walked away. Had I been smarter and had not made some bad business decisions I could have retired at 52 instead of 62

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

Irons 5 thru 9 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

PW-- 1962 Macgregor FC-400 11 iron Pro Pel 2 shaft

SW -- Callaway Mac Daddy 52* 

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Ping Zing 2 SS Fluted Bulls Eye shaft

Down to only 11 clubs playing the best since my accident

1 minute ago, bladehunter said:

I type a response. Deleted it. Rather I’d just ask . How so?  

VC is simply providing money to small, growth businesses that either can’t secure the required funding from a bank and/or the banks debt terms are less advantageous than sharing equity with a VC firm. 

All VC firms do is help small and medium sized companies grow by providing financing and management guidance. 

Maybe you’re thinking of what most people think of as “PE” and the negative impacts on jobs and service when they restructure and cut costs. And I agree there is a lack of transparency and there should be more regulation of activity in certain sectors like healthcare. 

VC is a form of PE but it’s involved in companies that are small but growing and hiring. 

3 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

I am not downing higher education here. Had a gym teacher in high school who was a real Richard Noggin. He did not know all the circumstances as why and to I had to go into the Navy. He told me I would never amount to crap and I would probably be in the Navy my whole life

Fast forward about 12 years. My aunt and uncle managed an apartment complex. I was over there visiting them when I saw this guy. He was sarcastic and asked me who I stole the Vette from? That was my last Vette which was an 82 model. I told him it was mine free and clear. He said I must have a rich uncle, or something die. I told him no I earned it that I was in the trucking business and my partner and his wife joint owned 4 trucks with me and I had 2 of my own that I drove one of. I also told him I had a small house in Rock Hill SC that was paid for. I dug the barb back at him. Told him I see you are living in these rat hole apartments (not really) that my Aunt and Uncle managed. I told him further I worked hard and made darn good money. Told him if he went to truck driving school he could come to work for me. Told him it was not a cushy gym teacher job but he would have more hours and a lot more money. LOL he walked away. Had I been smarter and had not made some bad business decisions I could have retired at 52 instead of 62

Higher ed isn't for everyone, and as I mentioned it has no bearing on a person's intelligence, it is simply a way to open doors thereafter.  If you don't have experience you have to have something, and that is really what they are good for, which is why I encouraged it.  I didn't want my kids to only be able to sample a small slice of the work world.  For me happiness is comfort, not masses of wealth, etc. but I was able to try on a lot of hats before deciding what would give me the happiness at home while not taking it all back while working.

Teaching is something I never went into.  My mid-life crisis was the M.Ed I got about 15 years ago because I wanted to become a teacher.  I wanted it because I saw so many kids that were turned off by school but were nevertheless hard workers and very intelligent.  And I loved the kids, the jocks, the druggies, the nerds, it didn't matter, the kids were great.  I never pursued it because I didn't like some of the teachers (many of them were great). 

What I realized was becoming a teacher isn't difficult, and many of the folks who did the work could well have chosen the only professional career option they had.  But because they operate outside constant scrutiny, or any sort of standards, many of them operated in a very egotistical way and if you didn't do it like they did, then you weren't "good" at your job.  I didn't want to be lumped into that group.  Sounds like your gym teacher fit this profile.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

I type a response. Deleted it. Rather I’d just ask . How so?  Are they not the enablers of our spending habits.  And the borrow. Boom. Bust cycle that is the issue ?     That’s like saying an addict benefits most from the dealer. At least that how I see it. 

A few pages back I said that all human behavior is ultimately driven by fear and greed. 

Thus, throughout history, we have seen the same cycle of boom and bust. 

At some point, people need to take responsibility for their behaviors. And the people who they put in charge in DC

But boom and bust will never change because human behavior will never change. 

I certainly oppose restricting private citizens and businesses (VC) from helping entrepreneurs grow their companies and I imagine, you would as well. 

You’re talking about spending habits but that’s individual choices. Why are you debt free but that guy you mentioned is freaking out that the housing market may go down?

Whenever I’ve gone to get a mortgage, the bank offers 3-4 times what I’m borrowing. But that doesn’t mean I have to take it all ; )

Edited by bscinstnct

16 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

VC is simply providing money to small, growth businesses that either can’t secure the required funding from a bank and/or the banks debt terms are less advantageous than sharing equity with a VC firm. 

All VC firms do is help small and medium sized companies grow by providing financing and management guidance. 

Maybe you’re thinking of what most people think of as “PE” and the negative impacts on jobs and service when they restructure and cut costs. And I agree there is a lack of transparency and there should be more regulation of activity in certain sectors like healthcare. 

VC is a form of PE but it’s involved in companies that are small but growing and hiring. 

Yes. I do think PE more so when VC is mentioned.  And I preface it all with saying that I’m not an expert. But I don’t think 99 % of humans are. If they were it wouldn’t be such a shat show.  I’m smart enough to know it’s a ton of smoke and mirrors.  But again. I digress. 

to me business that has to borrow to grow , is not a viable business. I’m wayyyyy to the square side on that. I prefer business to be mostly.  Or All -needs , the exception being what entertains us.  Which is a broad category.  Borrowing creates fake success. As well as killls real success at times.  And enables worse end result to the consumer.  Take Big Ag. If they’d never leant the factory farms the money to put mom and pop under. Your still have real food as a rule not the exception.  

I’ll shut up because I realize we’re speaking from opposite sides of the trough.

• Like 2

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

4 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Yes. I do think PE more so when VC is mentioned.  And I preface it all with saying that I’m not an expert. But I don’t think 99 % of humans are. If they were it wouldn’t be such a shat show.  I’m smart enough to know it’s a ton of smoke and mirrors.  But again. I digress. 

to me business that has to borrow to grow , is not a viable business. I’m wayyyyy to the square side on that. I prefer business to be mostly.  Or All -needs , the exception being what entertains us.  Which is a broad category.  Borrowing creates fake success. As well as killls real success at times.  And enables worse end result to the consumer.  Take Big Ag. If they’d never leant the factory farms the money to put mom and pop under. Your still have real food as a rule not the exception.  

I’ll shut up because I realize we’re speaking from opposite sides of the trough.

There’s actually a big trend in VC to help small farms thrive.

We share the same sentiments ultimately. I’d love to have been born in a simpler time when a man could make a living

like a Viking! Need money? Just go sack a village 😳🤣

But alas….here we are. 

10 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

A few pages back I said that all human behavior is ultimately driven by fear and greed. 

Thus, throughout history, we have seen the same cycle of boom and bust. 

At some point, people need to take responsibility for their behaviors. And the people who they put in charge in DC

But boom and bust will never change because human behavior will never change. 

I certainly oppose restricting private citizens and businesses (VC) from helping entrepreneurs grow their companies and I imagine, you would as well. 

You’re talking about spending habits but that’s individual choices. Why are you debt free but that guy you mentioned is freaking out that the housing market may go down?

Whenever I’ve gone to get a mortgage, the bank offers 3-4 times what I’m borrowing. But that doesn’t mean I have to take it all ; )

Absolutely.  I’m just in favor of some side rails that protect when the predatory actions directly effect the patient/consumer in anyway.  

take the housing example.  The guy who fears prices plummeting sees the home as an investment.  An ATM.  And he’s profited off it , or his house hopping many times .  Who affords him this ability ?  Partly people like me who never move or borrow.  Because if we subdivided and sold. Surrounding prices go down. ( if large scale this happened )   The other part is PE investment buying up properties, which see-saws the supply / demand balance the other way. 

the reason I have no sympathy for the guy who worries about his home value, is that he’s part of the pricing problem.  If people stayed put.  Property goes down.  He’s hopped and made money several times. And still owes. Let it collapse.  Pay that loan off or default.  Supply will go up either way.  And prices down. 

theres pain in the future for real estate one way or another.  I’d prefer to rip the bandaid off now , vs limping along waiting for a bigger bust.  It’s coming.  

• Like 2

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

8 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

We share the same sentiments ultimately. I’d love to have been born in a simpler time when a man could make a living

But alas….here we are. 

🤣.  I’d be nicer and say “ go learn a trade “. But I’m definitely down for some pillaging too.  

im sure it is now that cancer rates have shown big ags practices to  be bad.  It’s now cool to be natural again.  But I think we’ve already ruined the best land with homes , and  raised 3 generations that don’t know how to do anything ….   I don’t have the whole picture answer. But I’m damn sure that the current path leads to something bad.  

• Like 2

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 hour ago, bscinstnct said:

pe buys mature companies, vc does not.

pe usually are $100 million+ wheelbarrows

vc is usually $10 million or less buckets

pe uses cash and debt usually

vc is usually straight equity.

• Like 2

i don’t need no stinkin’ shift key

22 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

But alas….here we are. 

Search “ Koch buying Iowa fertilizer plant “ to see an example of why there has to be some bumpers somewhere.    The plant that is for sale was built with subsidies to create competition and lower prices. Now a large company wants to buy it. And will pay more than it’s worth to get it. What will they do then ?  Raise fertilizer prices more. Squeezing more and more small farmers out.  This one isn’t even PE. It’s individual greed. But the premise is the same. 

• Like 2

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

personal responsibility is kinda like heaping the guilt of climate change on mrs. wilson not using a cloth bag at the grocery store. 🙂

there is no personal responsibility at the fed or banks.

people are powerless against lobbyists and the fed.

it's still the fed, though. it's always the fed. people don't devalue their currency. they have no power to create money by a stroke at the keyboard, like the fed or banks.

the fed (owned by banks) creates money from nothing and gives it to banks. the bank multiplies it by 10 and lend it out to create interest income.

everybody knows the dice are loaded

everyone rolls with their fingers crossed

(just in case i wasn't clear enough, its the fed. ) 🙂

• Like 4

A rapidly growing business usually consumes cash. Hence the need for banks….or VCs, if the owner(s) are willing.

A stable or mature business not growing should be generating cash. If it is not, there is a problem. Maybe a big problem. 

I don’t follow how VC system as one alternative could be seen as detrimental to small business. Certainly no requirement to go this way to raise capital, and a smart owner should tap out all personal sources first. That could include current employees, or even friends and family (beware!)

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

PXG 0211 8i - GW….+3.5”

Cleveland Smart Sole GW, SW

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

On 6/22/2024 at 9:32 AM, bscinstnct said:

@TiScape! Where you at?

I upped my sneaker game yo! Doin sprint intervals now so….got these janmies be run like Carl Lewis 😳🤣

IMG_4648.jpeg

Was on a self imposed ‘wellness break’ from WRX. Ya just gotta know when enough is enough! 😂 

Nice kicks! 🤩

These are my newest…

IMG_6336.jpeg

IMG_6335.jpeg

Edited by TiScape
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Was on a self imposed ‘wellness break’ from WRX. Ya just gotta know when enough is enough! 😂 

Nice kicks! 🤩

These are my newest…

IMG_6336.jpeg

IMG_6335.jpeg

Those are fresh 👊

Welcome back! Check this out….

im all stoked new kicks, go do my sprints, they were very bouncy lol, but still good.

Then I wake up the next morning my ankles all stiff! From what I can tell, these have a very minimal heel drop and it puts more impact  on the ankles and calves vs the knees. 

Probably not advisable to change the sneakers I was wearing for like 15 years doh 

Some I’m back to the classy old man 608s! But I tearin it up like Edwin Moses yo! 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TiScape said:

Nice kicks! 🤩

These are my newest…

IMG_6336.jpeg

IMG_6335.jpeg

I thought you bought those a long time ago ?  

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

2 hours ago, Soloman1 said:

personal responsibility is kinda like heaping the guilt of climate change on mrs. wilson not using a cloth bag at the grocery store. 🙂

there is no personal responsibility at the fed or banks.

people are powerless against lobbyists and the fed.

it's still the fed, though. it's always the fed. people don't devalue their currency. they have no power to create money by a stroke at the keyboard, like the fed or banks.

the fed (owned by banks) creates money from nothing and gives it to banks. the bank multiplies it by 10 and lend it out to create interest income.

everybody knows the dice are loaded

everyone rolls with their fingers crossed

(just in case i wasn't clear enough, its the fed. ) 🙂

Are you talking about the fed or the general concept of central banks?

Central banks have existed for 100s of years in Europe and the US, financing wars and governments via national debt. Stoking cycles inflation, deflations, bubbles, depressions,

but it’s back to human behavior that’s the real driver. 

I guess we could get rid of central banks and just let private institutions control both public and private finance. I’m sure Citibank would do a great job doh! Or the states lol, that would be good, let local  politicians do the banking. 

Then, boom bust, no backstop, dark ages, hey, we live in caves for a couple of decades then start over again 🤣 🍻 

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, TiScape said:

I ordered them “a long time ago” and they arrived a couple weeks back. 

Nah there was a pair that is at least similar that your  lady has too. No? Unless yo have one big foot and one small one.  🤣. If so. No judgement.  

im terrible with shoes. My kid makes fun of me all the time. He says “ you have great taste. But you have no idea what you have “. That time he was talking about the lavender  suede dunks I bought for $80 about 10 years ago.  And never wore. 

• Haha 1

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

20 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Nah there was a pair that is at least similar that your  lady has too. No? Unless yo have one big foot and one small one.  🤣. If so. No judgement.  

im terrible with shoes. My kid makes fun of me all the time. He says “ you have great taste. But you have no idea what you have “. That time he was talking about the lavender  suede dunks I bought for $80 about 10 years ago.  And never wore. 

Oh yeah! Those are Adidas Ultra Boosts. Same colors.  ❤️ me sum red n black! 😁

IMG_6844.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

Are you talking about the fed or the general concept of central banks?

Central banks have existed for 100s of years in Europe and the US, financing wars and governments via national debt. Stoking cycles inflation, deflations, bubbles, depressions,

but it’s back to human behavior that’s the real driver. 

I guess we could get rid of central banks and just let private institutions control both public and private finance. I’m sure Citibank would do a great job doh! Or the states lol, that would be good, let local  politicians do the banking. 

Then, boom bust, no backstop, dark ages, hey, we live in caves for a couple of decades then start over again 🤣 🍻 

we’re back to greed as the driver of economic success. elementary, but nuances are important.

people remember the greed speeches of wall street and the wolf of wall street, but they forget the ending.

yes, all big societies grew on greed, but they greeded (my new word) themselves out of existence. ours will do the same thing. no civilization has ever survived.

hubris makes them expand beyond their capabilities, greed in crops without constraints makes them starve to death.

studies and experiments constantly show that greed leads people to make unethical and criminal decisions.

when greed leads to hurting other people in society, or keeping them from upward economic movement, they become pitted against each other. 60% of  people who perceive unchecked greed and unearned rewards, will take action, acting with their wallet.

government is supposed to take actions in the interest of the greater society. unchecked greed is one of them.

the us is headlong becoming an oligarchy. it’s the russianization of america. what’s the difference between a minority of oligarchs controlling goods and service in russia and the same in the us? limited oligarchs consolidating and controlling industries.

it’s the same thing, but no one will say it. there an old saying that we become what we hate.

the fed and banks, and pe have no bumpers, no fences.

the american dream always talked about (only in america) has no basis in facts.

people move up in economic status more in 20 other countries. we take a couple of people and hold them up as examples, when the overall stats are that you’re more likely to stay poor in the us than move into the middle class. same for middle class to upper class.

good sound bite though. 🙂

when greed overtakes self interest so much that people are willing to sh1t where they eat, who don’t care about destroying the soil that grows the economy of a society that they take from, i don’t like it.

that’s all. 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Soloman1 said:

we’re back to greed as the driver of economic success. elementary, but nuances are important.

people remember the greed speeches of wall street and the wolf of wall street, but they forget the ending.

yes, all big societies grew on greed, but they greeded (my new word) themselves out of existence. ours will do the same thing. no civilization has ever survived.

hubris makes them expand beyond their capabilities, greed in crops without constraints makes them starve to death.

studies and experiments constantly show that greed leads people to make unethical and criminal decisions.

when greed leads to hurting other people in society, or keeping them from upward economic movement, they become pitted against each other. 60% of  people who perceive unchecked greed and unearned rewards, will take action, acting with their wallet.

government is supposed to take actions in the interest of the greater society. unchecked greed is one of them.

the us is headlong becoming an oligarchy. it’s the russianization of america. what’s the difference between a minority of oligarchs controlling goods and service in russia and the same in the us? limited oligarchs consolidating and controlling industries.

it’s the same thing, but no one will say it. there an old saying that we become what we hate.

people move up in economic status more in 20 other countries. we take a couple of people and hold them up as examples, when the overall stats are that you’re more likely to stay poor in the us than move into the middle class. same for middle class to upper class.

when greed overtakes self interest so much that people are willing to sh1t where they eat, who don’t care about destroying the soil that grows the economy of a society that they take from, i don’t like it.

that’s all. 🙂 

Rare to see the state of things summed up so well and effectively. Good man.

orson welles applause GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A bag off the beaten path:

Driver: Turner H7 at 12 degrees, 43.5"

5W: Turner H7

3UI: Adams Pro DHy

Irons: (5-PW): Dynacraft Prophet Muscle Blades

Wedges: (52, 56, 60): Ram Pro Spin

Putter: Inazone Niveus

In the bullpen:  3H: System Golf Icon Plus (purchased used), 
3W: Adams Speedline F11 (purchased used), 4UI: Turner 239

26 minutes ago, Soloman1 said:

that’s all. 🙂 

Over 100 years ago a small handful of oligarchs truly did control every facet of US industry. Steel, Oil, Railroads, Banking. 

We tend to think about what’s happening now, makes sense. 

But there was a time when AT&T dominated telecom, IBM dominated software, GE dominated large swaths of diverse sectors, Cisco dominated telecom. 

So what happened? They got cooked by changes in paradigms they could not see coming. innovation and hungrier teams.

And the dominant companies we see now will get cooked in time as well and new guards will take the field. Such as…

NVIDIA was doing a billion in sales 10 years ago, a niche company, next year it’s forecasted to do

200 Billion 🤣

Edited by bscinstnct

1 minute ago, bscinstnct said:

Over 100 years ago a small handful of oligarchs truly did control every facet of US industry. Steel, Oil, Railroads, Banking. 

We tend to think about what’s happening now, makes sense. 

But there was a time when AT&T dominated telecom, IBM dominated software, GE dominated large swaths of diverse sectors, Cisco dominated telecom. 

So what happened? They got cooked by changes in paradigms they could not see coming. innovation and hungrier teams.

And the dominant companies we see now will get cooked in time as well.

NVIDIA was doing a billion in sales 10 years ago, a niche company, next year it’s forecasted to do

200 Billion 🤣

I don’t know if they all got cooked  or not. Some were part of the Jekyll island gang that started the Fed. Seemingly they assured their eternal bailout safety net . 

I’d say 118 years later it might be time for another meeting. 🤣. Maybe update the rules. 

• Like 1

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock