2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > Morning and still no activity in the Grille, Cyndie and Tammy are sitting here bored and looking to cause mischief, Gus has closed down the kitchen and is sitting here with me drinking the profits. **New golfing weather obviously keeping you all out on the course.** ?‍♂️ ???‍♂️?

>

> Not really. It's overcast here and beginning to sprinkle. Yesterday would have been the day to play golf and I might have been inclined to give it a go had I not been chased out of the house for a home inspection.

>

> As it turns out an issue was uncovered with the inspection that needs to be addressed and pretty much has assured that the conditional deal will not firm up. May as well have gone golfing. In fact this whole episode has left me with a very bitter taste in my mouth. I guess it just goes to show you that you never talk about a real estate deal until it closes. :angry:

>

Glad you worked that out @scomac2002. That is exactly what happened to us last year. It was a long process to get everything signed off for that sale and cost us a good chunk of money. I mentioned another sale. Hope I did not jinx that. The inspection is this week. This time we have made it clear that we are selling "as is". The buyer understands and has the money to update the place just the way he wants it so I hope this will go well.

We bought the place in 2012 and fully planned on updating it for our retirement house. I wanted a shop and the neighborhood covenants required any additions to be connected to the house. The shape of the driveway and the expense of retaining walls etc. pushed the cost up to the point where we found another newer place to buy. It rented easily but the problems of being a landlord made us decide to sell.

The house was built in 1990 and is a very nice but dated place with probably the best view in our area. The view sold it for the new buyer. We have a river view in our new place but not quite as nice as this one.

zdsthqv9sd06.jpeg

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @BicknellCC said:

> > > @tolmij said:

> > > > @BicknellCC said:

> > > > 8 team invitational track meet 40 miles from home, just got in.

> > > > Sixty,

> > > > Thanks for the custom T-shirt ( or is it a tee shirt) I am honored you took the time to design it for my health and well being. People would totally wear that thing!

> > > > Reason,

> > > > Glad things went well for your Grandson.

> > > > Tired need sleep, good night all

> > >

> > > Did you win, running that is

> >

> > **At 58 years old I have retired from competitive running. I only pole vault now.** :)

> > My daughter is a freshman on her high school team. She did take first in the 100 hurdles, as a team we finished 3rd.

>

> And this is a step down on the difficulty scale??? :astonished:

>

>

Congrats on the sale Sco

I never had the guts to pole vault even when I was in good enough condition. I was a long jumper and a sprinter.

• Like 2

> @scotee said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > > @tolmij said:

> > > Morning and still no activity in the Grille, Cyndie and Tammy are sitting here bored and looking to cause mischief, Gus has closed down the kitchen and is sitting here with me drinking the profits. **New golfing weather obviously keeping you all out on the course.** ?‍♂️ ???‍♂️?

> >

> > Not really. It's overcast here and beginning to sprinkle. Yesterday would have been the day to play golf and I might have been inclined to give it a go had I not been chased out of the house for a home inspection.

> >

> > As it turns out an issue was uncovered with the inspection that needs to be addressed and pretty much has assured that the conditional deal will not firm up. May as well have gone golfing. In fact this whole episode has left me with a very bitter taste in my mouth. I guess it just goes to show you that you never talk about a real estate deal until it closes. :angry:

> >

> Glad you worked that out @scomac2002. That is exactly what happened to us last year. It was a long process to get everything signed off for that sale and cost us a good chunk of money. I mentioned another sale. Hope I did not jinx that. The inspection is this week. This time we have made it clear that we are selling "as is". The buyer understands and has the money to update the place just the way he wants it so I hope this will go well.

>

> We bought the place in 2012 and fully planned on updating it for our retirement house. I wanted a shop and the neighborhood covenants required any additions to be connected to the house. The shape of the driveway and the expense of retaining walls etc. pushed the cost up to the point where we found another newer place to buy. It rented easily but the problems of being a landlord made us decide to sell.

>

> The house was built in 1990 and is a very nice but dated place with probably the best view in our area. The view sold it for the new buyer. We have a river view in our new place but not quite as nice as this one.

>

> zdsthqv9sd06.jpeg

>

@Scotee very nice view indeed. You're totally spoiled up there, lol. We almost

moved up to the PNW. Cobi's daughter lives in Portland and right as we were

getting married she told me she'd like us to move up there.

If we had we'd have likely gone east as you did. The weather is just too dreary

along the I-5 corridor for us. We like sunshine.

As it turned out her daughter was gonna marry a guy who was a school teacher

in Apple Valley, CA and she was gonna move down there. We bought a house in

Apple Valley and then she called off the wedding. Well.................so we stayed there

for 4 years and then sold it and moved to Bama.

• Like 1

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

> @"BIG STU" said:

> I apologize as I have been busy lately have a lot going on with the Wife retiring and I have been busy at work. Done told them they need to find someone to replace me because I am outta there the last of September. The Mini Bulldog Dakota finally died last week and this time I think it is terminal. Got a deep knock in the bottom end of the engine. I am not putting any more money into it. Been a good one for 12 years so no regrets. Still runs but sounds like 100 little men in the oil pan beating with hammers.

> Have not played much golf because the courses and roads have been crowded. Did sneak in 9 last Sunday afternoon late and 3 holes yesterday late. Bear and them have been able up until this week to get tee times but 5 hour rounds around a bunch of drunk obnoxious tourons aint my cup of tee for fun.

> Reasy glad your grandson is ok from his surgery.

> On the equipment side Reasy will love this----- I switched back to my old SS Zing 2 that I have had for 28 years now--- The little bit I have played and practiced seems the old magic is back--- Next weekend I do have the annual scramble that is company related I play in every year. Will more than likely be the last one since I plan on retiring in Sept and moving outta here. Will kinda be bittersweet since I have played in it every year it has been played 10 years now. Gotta start getting ready for church I am back in the sound booth again but for a different church that is going through some changes. They just got a new Pastor that starts this week so here I am again starting with a new church and new pastor.

Congratulations to your wife Stu joining the Grille select group, as you will not be far behind wecan hope to hear of some interesting plans.

I know how you feel with the morons on the course, I have had to report several groups for throwing their cans and bottles into the rough, Sunday morning is our worst time. I may have posted this before but we had to have a group removed from one of the greens, they had sat down drinking and eating, they could not see what they did wrong.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @scotee said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > > @tolmij said:

> > > Morning and still no activity in the Grille, Cyndie and Tammy are sitting here bored and looking to cause mischief, Gus has closed down the kitchen and is sitting here with me drinking the profits. **New golfing weather obviously keeping you all out on the course.** ?‍♂️ ???‍♂️?

> >

> > Not really. It's overcast here and beginning to sprinkle. Yesterday would have been the day to play golf and I might have been inclined to give it a go had I not been chased out of the house for a home inspection.

> >

> > As it turns out an issue was uncovered with the inspection that needs to be addressed and pretty much has assured that the conditional deal will not firm up. May as well have gone golfing. In fact this whole episode has left me with a very bitter taste in my mouth. I guess it just goes to show you that you never talk about a real estate deal until it closes. :angry:

> >

> Glad you worked that out @scomac2002. That is exactly what happened to us last year. It was a long process to get everything signed off for that sale and cost us a good chunk of money. I mentioned another sale. Hope I did not jinx that. The inspection is this week. This time we have made it clear that we are selling "as is". The buyer understands and has the money to update the place just the way he wants it so I hope this will go well.

>

> We bought the place in 2012 and fully planned on updating it for our retirement house. I wanted a shop and the neighborhood covenants required any additions to be connected to the house. The shape of the driveway and the expense of retaining walls etc. pushed the cost up to the point where we found another newer place to buy. It rented easily but the problems of being a landlord made us decide to sell.

>

> The house was built in 1990 and is a very nice but dated place with probably the best view in our area. The view sold it for the new buyer. We have a river view in our new place but not quite as nice as this one.

>

> zdsthqv9sd06.jpeg

>

Lovely view Scotee, must be a difficult decision leaving that behind. We have always sold our houses as is, we tidy up, decorate and repair any obvious effects but after that if they don’t like it too bad buy elsewhere, there will always be someone to buy it. Last but one house we sold the buyer was fussy, three years later we were browsing the house market and it was up for sale again, the sale photos showed a delapidated house with many obvious defects. The other has also happened a house we sold 20 years ago looked like a mansion, they had altered several aspects and it was a fantastic overhaul.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Well hello there, who are you?

My name is Tolmij, call me Tol, who are you?

My name is also Tolmij you can call me Tol.

Let’s go wake up the grille staff and have a meal, no one else around so let’s get drunk.

Good idea Cyndie Tammy and Guss will be happy to have something to do.

We will call in here again later to see if anyone is up.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Oh, I'm up. It's just a matter of having other priorities at this very moment.

We may have sold our property, but we have yet to buy a new (to us) one to move into. I expect the next couple of weeks to be extremely hectic!

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @tolmij said:

> Well hello there, who are you?

>

> My name is Tolmij, call me Tol, who are you?

>

> My name is also Tolmij you can call me Tol.

>

> Let’s go wake up the grille staff and have a meal, no one else around so let’s get drunk.

>

> Good idea Cyndie Tammy and Guss will be happy to have something to do.

>

> We will call in here again later to see if anyone is up.

>

>

Hello Sir tol, how are you? I smell some waffles on the grille. Cyndy says they are lyte and fluffy. Add some bacon and it doesn't matter what they are like.

• Like 1

> @scomac2002 said:

> Oh, I'm up. It's just a matter of having other priorities at this very moment.

>

> We may have sold our property, but we have yet to buy a new (to us) one to move into. I expect the next couple of weeks to be extremely hectic!

You are definitely excused duties in the Grille, hopefully your search for a new abode will go smoothly. Realise the cramped feeling you are going to experiance after living on a farm will get better. Happy house hunting, looking foreward to the tales from your adventure.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > Well hello there, who are you?

> >

> > My name is Tolmij, call me Tol, who are you?

> >

> > My name is also Tolmij you can call me Tol.

> >

> > Let’s go wake up the grille staff and have a meal, no one else around so let’s get drunk.

> >

> > Good idea Cyndie Tammy and Guss will be happy to have something to do.

> >

> > We will call in here again later to see if anyone is up.

> >

> >

>

> Hello Sir tol, how are you? I smell some waffles on the grille. Cyndy says they are lyte and fluffy. Add some bacon and it doesn't matter what they are like.

Hello Sir Sixty, bacon sounds fine to me.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > Well hello there, who are you?

> >

> > My name is Tolmij, call me Tol, who are you?

> >

> > My name is also Tolmij you can call me Tol.

> >

> > Let’s go wake up the grille staff and have a meal, no one else around so let’s get drunk.

> >

> > Good idea Cyndie Tammy and Guss will be happy to have something to do.

> >

> > We will call in here again later to see if anyone is up.

> >

> >

>

> Hello Sir tol, how are you? I smell some waffles on the grille. Cyndy says they are lyte and fluffy. Add some bacon and it doesn't matter what they are like.

Bacon. How can something that smells so good smell so bad? We took two of the grandkids 5 and 2 to the county fair yesterday. Little Grady held his nose all the way through the pig barn. We fed them fair food and let them ride some pretty tame carnival rides and spoiled them like good grandparents are supposed to do.

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

> @tolmij said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > Oh, I'm up. It's just a matter of having other priorities at this very moment.

> >

> > We may have sold our property, but we have yet to buy a new (to us) one to move into. I expect the next couple of weeks to be extremely hectic!

>

> You are definitely excused duties in the Grille, hopefully your search for a new abode will go smoothly. Realise the cramped feeling you are going to experiance after living on a farm will get better. Happy house hunting, looking foreward to the tales from your adventure.

Several folks have expressed their concerns about me adpating to town life. I don't think it's going to be nearly as big an issue as they're making it out to be. We're looking at a place later today that is about 40 years old on a bigger lot with a nice mature landscape that provides a fair bit of privacy. AS far as being hemmed in, there are two parks within an easy walk, one of which is quite extensive and most likely connects to the Bruce Trail system. It's also an easy walk to the town centre and about a 5-10 minutes bike ride to the beach!

AS you can see, location is as big a part of our search as the actual house that's standing on the property.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scotee said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > > @tolmij said:

> > > Well hello there, who are you?

> > >

> > > My name is Tolmij, call me Tol, who are you?

> > >

> > > My name is also Tolmij you can call me Tol.

> > >

> > > Let’s go wake up the grille staff and have a meal, no one else around so let’s get drunk.

> > >

> > > Good idea Cyndie Tammy and Guss will be happy to have something to do.

> > >

> > > We will call in here again later to see if anyone is up.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Hello Sir tol, how are you? I smell some waffles on the grille. Cyndy says they are lyte and fluffy. Add some bacon and it doesn't matter what they are like.

>

> Bacon. How can something that smells so good smell so bad? We took two of the grandkids 5 and 2 to the county fair yesterday. Little Grady held his nose all the way through the pig barn. We fed them fair food and let them ride some pretty tame carnival rides and spoiled them like good grandparents are supposed to do.

>

>

This brings a real smile to my face @scotee ! Pigs by nature don't smell bad. They're one of the cleanest animals going if they're given a clean an dry environment to house them. It's the modern diet and housing environment that creats the smell as the animals are often hot and wet.

Now, if you want stink go visit a rendering plant! That's just in a whole different world of yuck! :confounded:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

An old friend of mine grew up on a hog farm; 2000 of them roughly. I visited the

farm in the early 80s. The farm was in Troy, MO.

Pigs(hogs) are smart animals. They knew when feeding time was every day and

I watched them myself when feeding time was near. Lots of them would get up on

their hind legs and put their front feet on the fence, with their heads looking over

the fence......"hey, it's time; feed us!" My friend said they did that every day like

clockwork.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

Have fun in your league tomorrow Sixty.........that is if you don't get rained out.

I've never played in a golf league. I have played in bowling leagues. If you get 3

birdies in a row is that a turkey? If you skip holes 8 and 9; is that a 7-10 split?

What constitutes a spare in golf? I can guess what a gutter ball would look like.

Of course, in bowling you can roll a perfect game.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

Let me guess..........spare in golf would be a hole out from the gutter. Right?

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @Conrad1953 said:

> Have fun in your league tomorrow Sixty.........that is if you don't get rained out.

> I've never played in a golf league. I have played in bowling leagues. If you get 3

> birdies in a row is that a turkey? If you skip holes 8 and 9; is that a 7-10 split?

> What constitutes a spare in golf? I can guess what a gutter ball would look like.

>

> Of course, in bowling you can roll a perfect game.

ha ha... both have a strike, golf has a good ball striker, I wouldn't strike the bowling ball. Both have a pin, now in golf you can leave the pin in. Both have a bag, but if I carried as many extra balls in bowling as I do in golf, I'd go broke. I bowled in leagues centuries ago. My memories are of smokey air, beer, the noise of pins being struck X 30 lanes, every league had a guy named Hank who looked like Tennessee Ernie Ford, who was a great bowler, bets, side bets, resetting machines needing reset, lanes being over-oiled, and new bowlers with Christmas colored shoes with numbers in the back. I was in a league when I was 20, and rolled a 267, it ended up being the high game of the year. It was my first game of the night. I drank like a sieve back then. The guys started buying me drinks, by the third game I was so plastered I rolled a 67. At the banquet at the end of the year I got a trophy for high game, and a trophy for low game, which was a guy falling over on his Word not allowed with a bowling ball in his hands...hahaha

• Like 2

> @Conrad1953 said:

> An old friend of mine grew up on a hog farm; 2000 of them roughly. I visited the

> farm in the early 80s. The farm was in Troy, MO.

>

> Pigs(hogs) are smart animals. They knew when feeding time was every day and

> I watched them myself when feeding time was near. Lots of them would get up on

> their hind legs and put their front feet on the fence, with their heads looking over

> the fence......"hey, it's time; feed us!" My friend said they did that every day like

> clockwork.

Yeah, Pig/Hog farms have a dis-stink-tion of their own, that's for sure.

• Like 2

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > Oh, I'm up. It's just a matter of having other priorities at this very moment.

> > >

> > > We may have sold our property, but we have yet to buy a new (to us) one to move into. I expect the next couple of weeks to be extremely hectic!

> >

> > You are definitely excused duties in the Grille, hopefully your search for a new abode will go smoothly. Realise the cramped feeling you are going to experiance after living on a farm will get better. Happy house hunting, looking foreward to the tales from your adventure.

>

> Several folks have expressed their concerns about me adpating to town life. I don't think it's going to be nearly as big an issue as they're making it out to be. We're looking at a place later today that is about 40 years old on a bigger lot with a nice mature landscape that provides a fair bit of privacy. AS far as being hemmed in, there are two parks within an easy walk, one of which is quite extensive and most likely connects to the Bruce Trail system. It's also an easy walk to the town centre and about a 5-10 minutes bike ride to the beach!

>

> AS you can see, location is as big a part of our search as the actual house that's standing on the property.

When we moved from our five acre property which was way out in the sticks, circumstances which are too extensive to post at present caused us to move into a very small block backing onto a main road. 40,000 vehicles a day went past, ambulances, fire trucks, police cars and for some reason everyone of them had their sirens going full belt. We had a trailer park within walking distance, it seemed as if everyone from there walked to the local drinking house got drunk them made a noise walking back home, son had it really bad as his bedroom faced towards the road.

Moved to our present location after five years, best move ever, no traffic, Forrest at the back of our garden and usually the loudest noise is the birds. Our initial move was our worst house ever and we have had several. All good now though.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > An old friend of mine grew up on a hog farm; 2000 of them roughly. I visited the

> > farm in the early 80s. The farm was in Troy, MO.

> >

> > Pigs(hogs) are smart animals. They knew when feeding time was every day and

> > I watched them myself when feeding time was near. Lots of them would get up on

> > their hind legs and put their front feet on the fence, with their heads looking over

> > the fence......"hey, it's time; feed us!" My friend said they did that every day like

> > clockwork.

> Yeah, Pig/Hog farms have a dis-stink-tion of their own, that's for sure.

>

Well, you know in military conflicts, bogies get shot down and albatrosses

hung around their necks because they are no longer soaring like eagles.

Then they get POW POWed with Hammer drivers during interrogation

and of course, they talk, they spill the beans, so they don't get flagged

to do time in the hole.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @scotee said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > > @tolmij said:

> > > Well hello there, who are you?

> > >

> > > My name is Tolmij, call me Tol, who are you?

> > >

> > > My name is also Tolmij you can call me Tol.

> > >

> > > Let’s go wake up the grille staff and have a meal, no one else around so let’s get drunk.

> > >

> > > Good idea Cyndie Tammy and Guss will be happy to have something to do.

> > >

> > > We will call in here again later to see if anyone is up.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Hello Sir tol, how are you? I smell some waffles on the grille. Cyndy says they are lyte and fluffy. Add some bacon and it doesn't matter what they are like.

>

> Bacon. How can something that smells so good smell so bad? We took two of the grandkids 5 and 2 to the county fair yesterday. Little Grady held his nose all the way through the pig barn. We fed them fair food and let them ride some pretty tame carnival rides and spoiled them like good grandparents are supposed to do.

>

>

Live hog odor is like anything else that smells bad. If you smell it long enough, you don't even notice it. Trust me, I spent four summers, and every weekend of my teenage life, working in them. Somebody has to do it, ankle deep, slightly thicker than maple syrup, one shovel full at a time. I also was responsible for grinding feed and filling all the feeders, plus scrubbing down the farrowing house, when the pigs were weaned from the sows and put in the nusery. I vaccinated the pigs shortly after birth and made barrows out of boars. The ole hog smell makes me glad I went to college.

• Like 2

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > An old friend of mine grew up on a hog farm; 2000 of them roughly. I visited the

> > farm in the early 80s. The farm was in Troy, MO.

> >

> > Pigs(hogs) are smart animals. They knew when feeding time was every day and

> > I watched them myself when feeding time was near. Lots of them would get up on

> > their hind legs and put their front feet on the fence, with their heads looking over

> > the fence......"hey, it's time; feed us!" My friend said they did that every day like

> > clockwork.

> Yeah, Pig/Hog farms have a dis-stink-tion of their own, that's for sure.

>

In the UK, some larger cities have most of their housing owned and rented out and allow it to stay in the same family over the generations. When I was around 10 our family moved into the maternal grandparents house when they moved out, this was in a residential/industrial area. Our next door neighbours had a large block of land that wrapped around other houses giving them access to the main road and truck access to their house.

The best bit.

They had on their land pig sheds where they bred and sold pigs, very large pigs and many of them. The enduring smell was not too bad, the worst smell was the food they boiled up for them every day. They had a large boiler, distributed bins to all the local houses for you to put food waste into and gave you a small fee for using them, this was then the base for the pig swill as they called it. Feeding time was always very loud, over 100 pigs grunting and snorting for their food. They ran their piggery for around 40 years, they were still there when we moved house and only closed down when the council demolished the block.

My pig story.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Do red flags actually go up anywhere? I've never seen one. I've seen white ones;

actually waved one a few times............but haven't seen a red one.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

I'm in deep thought tonight. I was gonna ask "where's Fella?"......but he's been

known to take week or 2 long sabbaticals so I'm assuming he's OK. We're a piece

of work in here. A little bit of us goes a long way.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

Hey Bill, we're doing Grille type talk todight. Pigs, golf, bowling, moving.............

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

Wriggs, I promised I would and believe I'm as ready as I'll ever be - to respond to your potential move. And despite the dramatic build-up, this is nothing more than one Grillester sharing with another, so take it (please) in that spirit. Not my place to condescend or remotely tell you how to navigate this one. So, here goes...

A relocation to a new home is a major event. Doesn't matter if it's two doors down, or 200 miles away. It's one of life's biggies, as you know. As Scotee points out, there's no law that forces you to pay for every nitpick found on a home inspection. The "stuff" to move can be packed by movers unless you're in the mood to purge most of it.

But the thing I was hoping to focus on most is what REALLY drives anyone to actually want to move in the first place. This is why I needed time before responding. And this part will require serious wording so as not to offend.

There can be obvious reasons - such as a career move, or a clear need to downsize or upsize. Two story homes often just aren't right for aging folks. And yes, many move to be closer to family.

But there can be deeper more psychological reasons that may be harder to trot right out in the sunshine and discuss right out loud - even between married folk.

Fear is sometimes a powerful motivator.

- This neighborhood is full of younger couples and their kids. (I fear being the lonely old person no one relates to.)

- Crime is on the rise these days. (I fear being the easiest target around here.)

- I won't have my family forever. (I fear my/our time is running out.)

- There are so many things in this home in need of work. (I fear the whole place will fall down around me.)

You get the idea. When fear is driving it, then staying seems like a terrible option.

So once each fear is fully discussed right out loud and in full, it becomes clear these fears are very real. Some issues could be resolved without a move. Might take time and money but some things are very manageable. In fact a move "could trade one set of fears for another since a chronic worrier is hard to console at any address.

BUT, some very real fears can't be resolved without a move. There just is no solution to the fear short of a move.

Which fears are fixable by relocating and which are simply moving fears to a new location? Well I wish I could say for sure. Clearly I can't and it's not my place to say. But I've got to believe the answers lay somewhere in a discussion about fears. They're powerful. Life's too short to live with them. Some have a solution without a move while others render a person inconsolable at their current address.

The good news... You both want exactly the same thing! You just want to live your lives without fear. I could be dead wrong but it's possible the local chemical environment is a fear, but there's possibly much more to it. But because you both want the same thing, it's a good bet you two will know for sure what old Reason is making assumptions about here. Fingers crossed it all works out soon.

• Like 2

> @Conrad1953 said:

> I'm in deep thought tonight. I was gonna ask "where's Fella?"......but he's been

> known to take week or 2 long sabbaticals so I'm assuming he's OK. We're a piece

> of work in here. A little bit of us goes a long way.

I'm afraid it's my fault this time. It was a typo thing. The intent was to compliment his flapjacks but I didn't edit in time. Pretty sure he read what amounted to a lewd act involving his pancake batter and chopped nuts. My bad, Fella!!!! Blame it on the unpulled fat finger. Forgive me!

• Like 2

The skank of pigs and chickens. I'll buy into Bic's comment that you get "nose blind" to just about anything.

Now, how do I tell this one on a public forum without getting in over my head??? (And why am I always teetering on the edges of things that could blowup in my face?).

So in college, there was a student who arrived from another continent. No problem so far. There are lots of continents. And in his case, he's from a particular spot on his home continent that may or may not think of soap as a scented thing that actually improves the smell of humans and their clothing. P

Being a college student who majored in add-drop, I quickly deduced his homeland has no elevators OR, if elevators do exist, the occupants all wear gas masks.

I learned he did in fact arrive with several bars of stuff he called "soap". He'd toss one in the dorm washing machine. Strangely this brownish brick was reusable and never dissolved. Took a soap-brick to the shower, too. Pretty sure that "soap" was some caked version of rancid animal kingdom waste - possibly of the fish species. Whatever it was or wasn't, and against all odds, he's the only man I ever saw who ended up smelling worse after cleaning up his act.

Wondered if to him, everyone else on the elevator absolutely wreaked. Did his letters home say, "Mom, send money. And more soap bricks. And anything to plug my nose. These people are putrid."

Got places on my bucket list. There's one spot on this earth I wouldn't even care to fly over.

• Like 2

My 77th on Thursday, birthday presents recieved on Monday as we always make it a birthday week, plenty of art supplies, some other things and a plaque. When I asked why this one I was told that is you. Mmmmmm.

Picture below.

cylmaajqyiov.jpeg

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)