2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

> @dan360 said:

> Hi people,

> Happy Easter Sunday. I haven't touched a golf club in a long time but my irons are the same loft and loft progession they were in 1999. Good enough for Tiger Woods, good enough for me.

> Be well.

Right back at ya. Glad you are well. Don't be a stranger. Hope you get to play some golf soon. Touch those sticks. :)

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

> @dan360 said:

> Hi people,

> Happy Easter Sunday. I haven't touched a golf club in a long time but my irons are the same loft and loft progession they were in 1999. Good enough for Tiger Woods, good enough for me.

> Be well.

Good to hear from you Dan. How's the rehab going?

• Like 1

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

> @dan360 said:

> Hi people,

> Be well.

Hi Dan happy Easter from down under, hopefully when you start back at golf having the same clubs should give you the same results, so no golf score difference. Still at par. ?

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Congrats to C.T Pan on his first tour win. I remember he got pretty high on some

leaderboards last year. I didn't watch. What happened to DJ; shot 77 today?

Bick. I follow your man Adam Schenk from time to time. I know he missed the cut

this week but he's in the 80s in Fedex Cup points ranking so he's hanging in there

really well. Do you get the chance to talk to him much? Curious about his thoughts

on life on the PGA Tour.

I used to follow Matt Hansen's thread here at WRX. He was working his butt off

trying to get some starts on the Web.com. I haven't looked at his thread recently

but it was readily apparent how hard it is just to get to the Web.com, never mind

the PGA Tour. His WRX name is golfingbro in case you want to look in on him.

Adam is getting some great experience. Hope to see him climbing some leaderboards

soon. All it takes is one good week to rake in a bunch of Fedex points and be set

for the next year......not to mention cash a big paycheck.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

Here is Adam's professional record and his current world golf ranking (#263). He's had

some high finishes.

http://www.owgr.com/en/Ranking/PlayerProfile.aspx?playerID=19477

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

I'm sure Adam has much higher goals and aspirations but from where us old hackabees

sit it would be pretty cool to think that right now there are only 262 golfers in the world

better than you are.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @Conrad1953 said:

> Here is Adam's professional record and his current world golf ranking (#263). He's had

> some high finishes.

>

> http://www.owgr.com/en/Ranking/PlayerProfile.aspx?playerID=19477

When you look at these results, it puts the Tiger thing in perspective.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > Here is Adam's professional record and his current world golf ranking (#263). He's had

> > some high finishes.

> >

> > http://www.owgr.com/en/Ranking/PlayerProfile.aspx?playerID=19477

>

> When you look at these results, it puts the Tiger thing in perspective.

Ya, Tiger's a different animal. In the same timeframe and in far fewer events

played, Tiger has come from virtually nowhere to now #6 in the world. By this

time next year, maybe sooner, he could be back to #1 yet again. We'll see.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

OWGR is complicated to say the least. It takes into account the past 2 years. Tiger

has only played in 26 events since he came back but the OWGR is based on a minimum

of 40 events so he is essentially getting goose eggs for those 14 events he has yet to

play to get his number up to 40. That would be like missing the cut in all 14 of those

events.........so his points earned per start is much lower than it's going to be when

he has actually played in 40 events and we have his results from 40 events.

A simple way to look at it is like this. If you had 100 OWGR points and divided that

by say 25 starts, you would then average 4 points per start. But the minimum divisor

is 40 (starts) so that would knock your points per start down to 2.5. That is what

Tiger is up against right now. His total points earned are being divided by 40

and not 26 (his actual number of starts).

Since the OWGR is based on points per start average, he is kinda screwed until

he's had at least 40 starts. Even with the big disadvantage he's already up to #6

though and he's not losing any points that might roll off since it's a 2 year

rolling average and he hasn't played for 2 full years yet. If he plays well and/or

wins some in his next 14 events, he's going to continue moving up.

SLED Gemini

> @tolmij said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > Here is Adam's professional record and his current world golf ranking (#263). He's had

> > some high finishes.

> >

> > http://www.owgr.com/en/Ranking/PlayerProfile.aspx?playerID=19477

>

> When you look at these results, it puts the Tiger thing in perspective.

Isn't that the truth! 81 official PGA Tour wins is hard to imagine. He should be able to pass Snead and still has a shot at the Majors record.

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

> @scomac2002 said:

> I'm speechless...

>

> [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLJHX5yaumA]

>

> They once asked Eric Clapton what it was like to be the greatest guitar player alive. His response: _I don't know, you had better ask Prince._ Surely this dude is in the conversation too!

Simply fabulous, amazing to me the people who can just walk on by, or stop and listen for just half a minute or so, what's up with that? Pure talent

• Like 1

> @dan360 said:

> Hi people,

> Be well.

Great to see you back at the Grille Dan, hope you are back again. Touching of clubs is not as necessary here as friendship of course...

• Like 1

> @Conrad1953 said:

> OWGR is complicated to say the least. It takes into account the past 2 years. Tiger

> has only played in 26 events since he came back but the OWGR is based on a minimum

> of 40 events so he is essentially getting goose eggs for those 14 events he has yet to

> play to get his number up to 40. That would be like missing the cut in all 14 of those

> events.........so his points earned per start is much lower than it's going to be when

> he has actually played in 40 events and we have his results from 40 events.

>

> A simple way to look at it is like this. If you had 100 OWGR points and divided that

> by say 25 starts, you would then average 4 points per start. But the minimum divisor

> is 40 (starts) so that would knock your points per start down to 2.5. That is what

> Tiger is up against right now. His total points earned are being divided by 40

> and not 26 (his actual number of starts).

>

> Since the OWGR is based on points per start average, he is kinda screwed until

> he's had at least 40 starts. Even with the big disadvantage he's already up to #6

> though and he's not losing any points that might roll off since it's a 2 year

> rolling average and he hasn't played for 2 full years yet. If he plays well and/or

> wins some in his next 14 events, he's going to continue moving up.

Just came back from a quick look at the OWGR and I see that Tiger has 306.77 points in 26 starts. Sooooo, if we do the linear extrapolation that humans are so fond of, Tiger will be world #1 before the season is out based on his pack leading average of 11.8 points per start assuming he makes 14 more starts this year. All it's gonna take is one more win and a bunch of competitive finishes similar to the past few months. I'm surprised that the talking heads haven't already installed him as the defacto number 1...

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > OWGR is complicated to say the least. It takes into account the past 2 years. Tiger

> > has only played in 26 events since he came back but the OWGR is based on a minimum

> > of 40 events so he is essentially getting goose eggs for those 14 events he has yet to

> > play to get his number up to 40. That would be like missing the cut in all 14 of those

> > events.........so his points earned per start is much lower than it's going to be when

> > he has actually played in 40 events and we have his results from 40 events.

> >

> > A simple way to look at it is like this. If you had 100 OWGR points and divided that

> > by say 25 starts, you would then average 4 points per start. But the minimum divisor

> > is 40 (starts) so that would knock your points per start down to 2.5. That is what

> > Tiger is up against right now. His total points earned are being divided by 40

> > and not 26 (his actual number of starts).

> >

> > Since the OWGR is based on points per start average, he is kinda screwed until

> > he's had at least 40 starts. Even with the big disadvantage he's already up to #6

> > though and he's not losing any points that might roll off since it's a 2 year

> > rolling average and he hasn't played for 2 full years yet. If he plays well and/or

> > wins some in his next 14 events, he's going to continue moving up.

>

> Just came back from a quick look at the OWGR and I see that Tiger has 306.77 points in 26 starts. Sooooo, if we do the linear extrapolation that humans are so fond of, Tiger will be world #1 before the season is out based on his pack leading average of 11.8 points per start assuming he makes 14 more starts this year. All it's gonna take is one more win and a bunch of competitive finishes similar to the past few months. I'm surprised that the talking heads haven't already installed him as the defacto number 1...

Unfortunately the talking heads want an “I told you so “ if he fails which from what I read is more common than those wanting him to do well. ?‍♂️

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > OWGR is complicated to say the least. It takes into account the past 2 years. Tiger

> > > has only played in 26 events since he came back but the OWGR is based on a minimum

> > > of 40 events so he is essentially getting goose eggs for those 14 events he has yet to

> > > play to get his number up to 40. That would be like missing the cut in all 14 of those

> > > events.........so his points earned per start is much lower than it's going to be when

> > > he has actually played in 40 events and we have his results from 40 events.

> > >

> > > A simple way to look at it is like this. If you had 100 OWGR points and divided that

> > > by say 25 starts, you would then average 4 points per start. But the minimum divisor

> > > is 40 (starts) so that would knock your points per start down to 2.5. That is what

> > > Tiger is up against right now. His total points earned are being divided by 40

> > > and not 26 (his actual number of starts).

> > >

> > > Since the OWGR is based on points per start average, he is kinda screwed until

> > > he's had at least 40 starts. Even with the big disadvantage he's already up to #6

> > > though and he's not losing any points that might roll off since it's a 2 year

> > > rolling average and he hasn't played for 2 full years yet. If he plays well and/or

> > > wins some in his next 14 events, he's going to continue moving up.

> >

> > Just came back from a quick look at the OWGR and I see that Tiger has 306.77 points in 26 starts. Sooooo, if we do the linear extrapolation that humans are so fond of, Tiger will be world #1 before the season is out based on his pack leading average of 11.8 points per start assuming he makes 14 more starts this year. All it's gonna take is one more win and a bunch of competitive finishes similar to the past few months. I'm surprised that the talking heads haven't already installed him as the defacto number 1...

>

> Unfortunately the talking heads want an “I told you so “ if he fails which from what I read is more common than those wanting him to do well. ?‍♂️

All that will prove is that they're bigger arseholes than we already know them to be! :naughty:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > OWGR is complicated to say the least. It takes into account the past 2 years. Tiger

> > has only played in 26 events since he came back but the OWGR is based on a minimum

> > of 40 events so he is essentially getting goose eggs for those 14 events he has yet to

> > play to get his number up to 40. That would be like missing the cut in all 14 of those

> > events.........so his points earned per start is much lower than it's going to be when

> > he has actually played in 40 events and we have his results from 40 events.

> >

> > A simple way to look at it is like this. If you had 100 OWGR points and divided that

> > by say 25 starts, you would then average 4 points per start. But the minimum divisor

> > is 40 (starts) so that would knock your points per start down to 2.5. That is what

> > Tiger is up against right now. His total points earned are being divided by 40

> > and not 26 (his actual number of starts).

> >

> > Since the OWGR is based on points per start average, he is kinda screwed until

> > he's had at least 40 starts. Even with the big disadvantage he's already up to #6

> > though and he's not losing any points that might roll off since it's a 2 year

> > rolling average and he hasn't played for 2 full years yet. If he plays well and/or

> > wins some in his next 14 events, he's going to continue moving up.

>

> Just came back from a quick look at the OWGR and I see that Tiger has 306.77 points in 26 starts. Sooooo, if we do the linear extrapolation that humans are so fond of, Tiger will be world #1 before the season is out based on his pack leading average of 11.8 points per start assuming he makes 14 more starts this year. All it's gonna take is one more win and a bunch of competitive finishes similar to the past few months. I'm surprised that the talking heads haven't already installed him as the defacto number 1...

Back when Tiger had his huge runs of consecutive weeks at #1, Phil had a long

run at #2...........but Tiger was so far in front of Phil that the point spread

between them was larger than the spread between Phil and the guy at the

bottom; i.e., Tiger had more than double the points Phil had when Phil was #2.

He doesn't have to be THAT good to get back to #1 again, obviously, and the

way he is progressing it's not a hot take to think he can get back to #1 yet again.

I don't think the commentators are going to give it to him just yet but the

feeling among them has to be that if he stays healthy he's gonna get there.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

The grass has greened up. The buds are breaking, whilst others swell. The crocuses and snow drops are in bloom. Spring is truly in the air despite the wet and temperatures that persist in the 40's (at least early in the day). Soon the sound of lawnmowers making their appointed rounds will be ringing through the neighbourhood.

Most of the local courses are now open for play, although it is walking only or CPO. It could be a fine day for golf, but I know that I don't have suitably waterproof footwear for the current turf conditions and I'll most likely wait for warmer temperatures just to be on the safe side. Only the diehards are out this early in the season as I find myself checking the tee sheet daily. Not sure when I'm going to start, but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough (course duties). Strangely, I find myself looking forward to that as much as taking out a few clubs and giving the little white ball a swat. I suppose it's the uncertainty of it all...

I should probably mention that we have accepted a conditional offer for our property. We began to look at houses again on the weekend. It's clear that my focus for this summer will not necessarily be getting back to playing golf regularly, but finding a new home and moving. Because my wife is still working we have a radius from her place of employment that we are looking within as she doesn't want to drive any further than present. The area we are currently looking in, although further east from where we live, is exactly the same commuting time as our current location. This also means that the golf course is no further for me than at present and maybe even a bit quicker due to going against the general flow of traffic in the morning. We've been focusing on this particular area as we like the proximity to the lake and the amenities there. There is also a new hospital being built and the daily commuter train to Toronto is to be expanded to provide all day service to this location within the next 10 years so the investment opportunity of the area will be well above average I would think.

It's all quite exciting I'm finding which is a contrast to how I thought I might react. DW on the other hand is quite stressed about the whole thing so I'm going to push to get preparations made in advance to ease her stress. Who knew that it was going to be a bigger change for her than me?

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scotee said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > Here is Adam's professional record and his current world golf ranking (#263). He's had

> > > some high finishes.

> > >

> > > http://www.owgr.com/en/Ranking/PlayerProfile.aspx?playerID=19477

> >

> > When you look at these results, it puts the Tiger thing in perspective.

>

> Isn't that the truth! 81 official PGA Tour wins is hard to imagine. He should be able to pass Snead and still has a shot at the Majors record.

>

Ya know what amazes me most?

In their era, "greatness" was achieved wth equipment 99% of modern golfers would HATE. They played on courses kept to a standard not far from today's public track. No launch monitors, no idea of specific yardages to the front, back, and pin. Back-breaking reverse C swings. No jets to go from point A to B. No "strokes gained" stats. And for dang sure, no million dollar purses.

Does all this make that generation "better"? NO! But I can't stop asking how earlier greats possibly reached such heights.

• Like 2

> @Reasonability said:

> > @scotee said:

> > > @tolmij said:

> > > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > > Here is Adam's professional record and his current world golf ranking (#263). He's had

> > > > some high finishes.

> > > >

> > > > http://www.owgr.com/en/Ranking/PlayerProfile.aspx?playerID=19477

> > >

> > > When you look at these results, it puts the Tiger thing in perspective.

> >

> > Isn't that the truth! 81 official PGA Tour wins is hard to imagine. He should be able to pass Snead and still has a shot at the Majors record.

> >

>

> Ya know what amazes me most?

>

> In their era, "greatness" was achieved wth equipment 99% of modern golfers would HATE. They played on courses kept to a standard not far from today's public track. No launch monitors, no idea of specific yardages to the front, back, and pin. Back-breaking reverse C swings. No jets to go from point A to B. No "strokes gained" stats. And for dang sure, no million dollar purses.

>

> Does all this make that generation "better"? NO! But I can't stop asking how earlier greats possibly reached such heights.

>

>

>

>

>

Fair to say it's a different game today. Tiger once said that if he ruled golf he

would take it back to persimmon and balata. He's an old school guy and no

doubt if that happened he would have an advantage.

Don't see it happening though it would be fun if the Tour had one tournament

a year where the players had to play with 1960s equipment. We'd find out who

can play with it and who can't. Actually, I think that's a great idea. You know

people Judge; make it happen!

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @Reasonability said:

> > > @scotee said:

> > > > @tolmij said:

> > > > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > > > Here is Adam's professional record and his current world golf ranking (#263). He's had

> > > > > some high finishes.

> > > > >

> > > > > http://www.owgr.com/en/Ranking/PlayerProfile.aspx?playerID=19477

> > > >

> > > > When you look at these results, it puts the Tiger thing in perspective.

> > >

> > > Isn't that the truth! 81 official PGA Tour wins is hard to imagine. He should be able to pass Snead and still has a shot at the Majors record.

> > >

> >

> > Ya know what amazes me most?

> >

> > In their era, "greatness" was achieved wth equipment 99% of modern golfers would HATE. They played on courses kept to a standard not far from today's public track. No launch monitors, no idea of specific yardages to the front, back, and pin. Back-breaking reverse C swings. No jets to go from point A to B. No "strokes gained" stats. And for dang sure, no million dollar purses.

> >

> > Does all this make that generation "better"? NO! But I can't stop asking how earlier greats possibly reached such heights.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Fair to say it's a different game today. Tiger once said that if he ruled golf he

> would take it back to persimmon and balata. He's an old school guy and no

> doubt if that happened he would have an advantage.

>

> Don't see it happening though it would be fun if the Tour had one tournament

> a year where the players had to play with 1960s equipment. We'd find out who

> can play with it and who can't. Actually, I think that's a great idea. **You know

> people Judge; make it happen!**

Actually Conrad, I believe it was you who knew people; the powers that be and so on, who could makethings happen... :wink:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > @Reasonability said:

> > > > @scotee said:

> > > > > @tolmij said:

> > > > > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > > > > Here is Adam's professional record and his current world golf ranking (#263). He's had

> > > > > > some high finishes.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > http://www.owgr.com/en/Ranking/PlayerProfile.aspx?playerID=19477

> > > > >

> > > > > When you look at these results, it puts the Tiger thing in perspective.

> > > >

> > > > Isn't that the truth! 81 official PGA Tour wins is hard to imagine. He should be able to pass Snead and still has a shot at the Majors record.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Ya know what amazes me most?

> > >

> > > In their era, "greatness" was achieved wth equipment 99% of modern golfers would HATE. They played on courses kept to a standard not far from today's public track. No launch monitors, no idea of specific yardages to the front, back, and pin. Back-breaking reverse C swings. No jets to go from point A to B. No "strokes gained" stats. And for dang sure, no million dollar purses.

> > >

> > > Does all this make that generation "better"? NO! But I can't stop asking how earlier greats possibly reached such heights.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Fair to say it's a different game today. Tiger once said that if he ruled golf he

> > would take it back to persimmon and balata. He's an old school guy and no

> > doubt if that happened he would have an advantage.

> >

> > Don't see it happening though it would be fun if the Tour had one tournament

> > a year where the players had to play with 1960s equipment. We'd find out who

> > can play with it and who can't. Actually, I think that's a great idea. **You know

> > people Judge; make it happen!**

>

> Actually Conrad, I believe it was you who knew people; the powers that be and so on, who could makethings happen... :wink:

>

>

Unfortunately, there must be a certain order to things. I cannot initiate a process

but instead must wait for the call to make my ruling on a matter. It is I who gets

the call from "they" and "the powers that be". I don't call "them".

They have yet to think of this because in and of themselves they are devoid of

fresh ideas. This is where the Judge can come in, being a member of the illustrious

illuminati, he can go in and plant the seed of the idea to get them thinking and

the process started. We all know how committees can be and that's why they

need me in the end to make final determinations.

My plea to the Judge is a plea to get the ball rolling; to go down "there" and

make something happen so that the process can then begin. I'm sure that after

"they" have had a minimum of 32 meetings and are, yet again, deadlocked, I

will get the call to make the call........and, of course, I will rule that starting next

year and continuing every year thereafter that the "Hits of the 60s" Tournament

be held each year at Harbour Town Golf Links the week following the Masters.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @Conrad1953 said:

> My plea to the Judge is a plea to get the ball rolling; to go down "there" and

> make something happen so that the process can then begin. I'm sure that after

> "they" have had a minimum of 32 meetings and are, yet again, deadlocked, I

> will get the call to make the call........and, of course, I will rule that starting next

> year and continuing every year thereafter that the "Hits of the 60s" Tournament

> be held each year at Harbour Town Golf Links the week following the Masters.

>

>

Ohhh, I like that! That would be perfect, but then again, I think you already know that!

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> The grass has greened up. The buds are breaking, whilst others swell. The crocuses and snow drops are in bloom. Spring is truly in the air despite the wet and temperatures that persist in the 40's (at least early in the day). Soon the sound of lawnmowers making their appointed rounds will be ringing through the neighbourhood.

>

> Most of the local courses are now open for play, although it is walking only or CPO. It could be a fine day for golf, but I know that I don't have suitably waterproof footwear for the current turf conditions and I'll most likely wait for warmer temperatures just to be on the safe side. Only the diehards are out this early in the season as I find myself checking the tee sheet daily. Not sure when I'm going to start, but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough (course duties). Strangely, I find myself looking forward to that as much as taking out a few clubs and giving the little white ball a swat. I suppose it's the uncertainty of it all...

>

> I should probably mention that we have accepted a conditional offer for our property. We began to look at houses again on the weekend. It's clear that my focus for this summer will not necessarily be getting back to playing golf regularly, but finding a new home and moving. Because my wife is still working we have a radius from her place of employment that we are looking within as she doesn't want to drive any further than present. The area we are currently looking in, although further east from where we live, is exactly the same commuting time as our current location. This also means that the golf course is no further for me than at present and maybe even a bit quicker due to going against the general flow of traffic in the morning. We've been focusing on this particular area as we like the proximity to the lake and the amenities there. There is also a new hospital being built and the daily commuter train to Toronto is to be expanded to provide all day service to this location within the next 10 years so the investment opportunity of the area will be well above average I would think.

>

> It's all quite exciting I'm finding which is a contrast to how I thought I might react. DW on the other hand is quite stressed about the whole thing so I'm going to push to get preparations made in advance to ease her stress. Who knew that it was going to be a bigger change for her than me?

Preparations for moving, one of my least favourite chores, almost as bad as the unpacking after moving in. Our last move we had over 100 boxes of small bits and pieces, don’t know where it all came from or where it all is now.

All the best with your house hunting, I know this can be a distressing time, finding that place you like enough to comit too, and the timing for the change over. How long does it take from contract to moving out and is that time rigid. In Australia once the contract is signed the vendor is locked in, the purchaser has 10 days to drop out due to inspection problems and the whole process from start to finish is four weeks, in the UK it could be well over three months with no definite date set at signing.

Now the fun? Begins.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Closing dates are negotiable. We have a close on our existing property of August 15 as we have a lot of preparations to do both before and after we move. I'm not really interested in closing on a new property prior to June 30 as we are travelling in early June and also file or taxes at that time, so all that needs to be out of the way first. It will be interesting to see if our agent pushes us to go earlier as the one house we are currently looking at is for sale due to a marital split so I imagine they want to get it over with as soon as possible.

The conditional period on our current property expires Friday midnight so we will know soon enough if we have a firm deal. It's looking pretty good as the financing is in place and the inspection will take place on Wednesday.

As far as the move is concerned we're planning on hiring a firm to come in, pack everything up, do the move and then unpack and set up at the new location. It will be expensive, but I'm not going to deal with it any other way. I've helped other family members move in the past when they decided to get cheap on the moving costs. It's never as cheap as it seems. I find that professional movers are generally money well spent.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Time for a little golf related activity. The sun came out this afternoon with temperatures rising up into the mid 60's, so I thought it would be a good day to get outside and swing a club and maybe even hit a few balls. Took my 5 hybrid and away I went. It would be a good test as I wasn't feeling perfect by any means after a few days of cool wet weather.

I made about a dozen dry swings to get loose and then tossed down a handful of balls into the shaggy turf. I was careful to prop each one up on a tuft of grass as I didn't want to be attempting to dig them out of the "rough". Topped the first one as I was a bit quick. I then concentrated on being a bit more deliberate with a smooth swing rather than trying to "hit" the ball. The remaining balls flew straight with a pleasing trajectory and surprising distance. Crisp contact on the well hit shots that felt rather effortless. I may not be done with R flex just yet.

I also discovered that my "old" swing is perfectly serviceable when I stay within myself and just swing smoothly. No need to reinvent the wheel. Things are definitely looking up Grillsters! :smiley:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @SixtySomePing said:

> Conor Moore, what else can I say :)

>

>

>

>

>

I don't know about a lot of those impressions, but he does a wonderful job on ~~Ian Poulter~~Mark Crossfield ...

:tongue:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> Time for a little golf related activity. The sun came out this afternoon with temperatures rising up into the mid 60's, so I thought it would be a good day to get outside and swing a club and maybe even hit a few balls. Took my 5 hybrid and away I went. It would be a good test as I wasn't feeling perfect by any means after a few days of cool wet weather.

>

> I made about a dozen dry swings to get loose and then tossed down a handful of balls into the shaggy turf. I was careful to prop each one up on a tuft of grass as I didn't want to be attempting to dig them out of the "rough". Topped the first one as I was a bit quick. I then concentrated on being a bit more deliberate with a smooth swing rather than trying to "hit" the ball. The remaining balls flew straight with a pleasing trajectory and surprising distance. Crisp contact on the well hit shots that felt rather effortless. I may not be done with R flex just yet.

>

> I also discovered that my "old" swing is perfectly serviceable when I stay within myself and just swing smoothly. No need to reinvent the wheel. Things are definitely looking up Grillsters! :smiley:

That is great news Sco!

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > Conor Moore, what else can I say :)

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> I don't know about a lot of those impressions, but he does a wonderful job on ~~Ian Poulter~~Mark Crossfield ...

> :tongue:

He's actually pretty good with some of them, lol.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)